1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. sanuka

Rogue Potatos

Thanks SanukaNice name by the way!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. oktarine

My Veg Plot Diary

Thanks for all your generous comments.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rosietutu

Tomato Varieties

Anyone know any thing about these? Sweet Olive, Garden Pearl,and Sun Belle, do I nip out side shoots or tops? Did an unusual garden centre this moring could'nt resist these.
    Anyone know any thing about these? Sweet Olive, Garden Pearl,and Sun Belle, do I nip out side shoots or tops? Did an unusual garden centre this moring could'nt resist these.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. duckyjuk

celery

Hi Duckyjuk, yes you just plant them out when they have grown on enough which will probably be at the beginning of June now. If they are a self-blanching variety then you do not need to trench...
    Hi Duckyjuk, yes you just plant them out when they have grown on enough which will probably be at the beginning of June now. If they are a self-blanching variety then you do not need to trench them which is the traditional method of cultivation, you can if you want to tie cardboard sleeves...
    Hi Duckyjuk, yes you just plant them out when they have grown on enough which will probably be at the beginning of June now. If they are a self-blanching variety then you do not need to trench them which is the traditional method of cultivation,...
    Hi Duckyjuk, yes you just plant them out when they have grown on enough which will probably be at the beginning of June now. If they are a self-blanching variety then you do not need to trench...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PeterS

Ginger root

Hello Peter, there are some wonderful ornamental gingers out there and the Hedychiums are very easy for someone new to gingers. H. coccineum "Tara" is a lovely, lush easy one with lovely flowers...
    Hello Peter, there are some wonderful ornamental gingers out there and the Hedychiums are very easy for someone new to gingers. H. coccineum "Tara" is a lovely, lush easy one with lovely flowers too and reasonably hardy.Good luck!Fletch
    Hello Peter, there are some wonderful ornamental gingers out there and the Hedychiums are very easy for someone new to gingers. H. coccineum "Tara" is a lovely, lush easy one with lovely flowers too and reasonably hardy.Good luck!Fletch
    Hello Peter, there are some wonderful ornamental gingers out there and the Hedychiums are very easy for someone new to gingers. H. coccineum "Tara" is a lovely, lush easy one with lovely flowers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. awizzbang

What's eating my broad beans?

I recently emptied the contents of one of my composters and when I was raking where the composter used to be I caught a mouse with the rake and it went limping for its poor little life. Then...
    I recently emptied the contents of one of my composters and when I was raking where the composter used to be I caught a mouse with the rake and it went limping for its poor little life. Then another shot out of a whole where the composter was and a third a pair of tiny eyes emerged from the...
    I recently emptied the contents of one of my composters and when I was raking where the composter used to be I caught a mouse with the rake and it went limping for its poor little life. Then another shot out of a whole where the composter was...
    I recently emptied the contents of one of my composters and when I was raking where the composter used to be I caught a mouse with the rake and it went limping for its poor little life. Then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. LCH

Parsnip Seed Image

Good I'm glad it's not just me! Fascinating, think I'll keep my eyes on those little weeds this year and make a few notes.
    Good I'm glad it's not just me! Fascinating, think I'll keep my eyes on those little weeds this year and make a few notes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. David G

Cucumber Cross Pollination

Don't know DG. I have only grown those with both flowers on, cutting out the male if I remember rightly. Unfortunately got no germination this year with cucumber. Had good success with crystal...
    Don't know DG. I have only grown those with both flowers on, cutting out the male if I remember rightly. Unfortunately got no germination this year with cucumber. Had good success with crystal apple variety a couplke of years ago. Must get some fresh seed!!
    Don't know DG. I have only grown those with both flowers on, cutting out the male if I remember rightly. Unfortunately got no germination this year with cucumber. Had good success with crystal apple variety a couplke of years ago. Must get...
    Don't know DG. I have only grown those with both flowers on, cutting out the male if I remember rightly. Unfortunately got no germination this year with cucumber. Had good success with crystal...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lapod

tomatoes

Woo is right it is nice to be able to grow your own from seed and watch them grow and fruit,but sometimes and that's me included have to resort to the GC to buy plants if our own fail and we...
    Woo is right it is nice to be able to grow your own from seed and watch them grow and fruit,but sometimes and that's me included have to resort to the GC to buy plants if our own fail and we haven't got the time to start again.I did this with beetroot last year ,brought them as seedlings from a...
    Woo is right it is nice to be able to grow your own from seed and watch them grow and fruit,but sometimes and that's me included have to resort to the GC to buy plants if our own fail and we haven't got the time to start again.I did this with...
    Woo is right it is nice to be able to grow your own from seed and watch them grow and fruit,but sometimes and that's me included have to resort to the GC to buy plants if our own fail and we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. dalbuie

Going to seed already !

Decided to have a read up on coriander and it seems to like cool conditions,I think I may have kept it in the greenhouse too long. I also discovered you can get a slow bolt type coriander seeds....
    Decided to have a read up on coriander and it seems to like cool conditions,I think I may have kept it in the greenhouse too long. I also discovered you can get a slow bolt type coriander seeds. Well done me ! I must make make more of an effort to make use of my gardening books. :rolleyes: :D
    Decided to have a read up on coriander and it seems to like cool conditions,I think I may have kept it in the greenhouse too long. I also discovered you can get a slow bolt type coriander seeds. Well done me ! I must make make more of an effort...
    Decided to have a read up on coriander and it seems to like cool conditions,I think I may have kept it in the greenhouse too long. I also discovered you can get a slow bolt type coriander seeds....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. timecharger

First year fruit trees - remove blossoms??

I have 2 apple trees. One is a ballerina bolero and the other is a discovery. The discovery is a couple of feet tall and has already bloomed and gone over. Its fruits are starting to swell. Since...
    I have 2 apple trees. One is a ballerina bolero and the other is a discovery. The discovery is a couple of feet tall and has already bloomed and gone over. Its fruits are starting to swell. Since its so young do I need to remove them this year?
    I have 2 apple trees. One is a ballerina bolero and the other is a discovery. The discovery is a couple of feet tall and has already bloomed and gone over. Its fruits are starting to swell. Since its so young do I need to remove them this year?
    I have 2 apple trees. One is a ballerina bolero and the other is a discovery. The discovery is a couple of feet tall and has already bloomed and gone over. Its fruits are starting to swell. Since...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. eastex

Cucumber

You are welcome eastex. Apparently indoor cucumbers should not be pollinated as it makes the fruit very bitter. The female flowers open at the end of mini-cucumbrs, and the males stay close to the...
    You are welcome eastex. Apparently indoor cucumbers should not be pollinated as it makes the fruit very bitter. The female flowers open at the end of mini-cucumbrs, and the males stay close to the stem of short stalks. Once the plant is established the male flowers should reduce in...
    You are welcome eastex. Apparently indoor cucumbers should not be pollinated as it makes the fruit very bitter. The female flowers open at the end of mini-cucumbrs, and the males stay close to the stem of short stalks. Once the plant is...
    You are welcome eastex. Apparently indoor cucumbers should not be pollinated as it makes the fruit very bitter. The female flowers open at the end of mini-cucumbrs, and the males stay close to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. AndyK

Raspberries & Blueberries!

sorry once again, you don't have to make it, its a granular feed that you just spinkle around the plants! i meant i'd see if there was owt special in it - its probably Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P)...
    sorry once again, you don't have to make it, its a granular feed that you just spinkle around the plants! i meant i'd see if there was owt special in it - its probably Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K).
    sorry once again, you don't have to make it, its a granular feed that you just spinkle around the plants! i meant i'd see if there was owt special in it - its probably Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K).
    sorry once again, you don't have to make it, its a granular feed that you just spinkle around the plants! i meant i'd see if there was owt special in it - its probably Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. LCH

First Tasty Lettuce!

I know its a good feeling isn't it. I have given up growing individual lettuces. Instaed I grow a mix of different lettuce, spinach, rocket etc as a mixed leaf row and pic young and tender. ...
    I know its a good feeling isn't it. I have given up growing individual lettuces. Instaed I grow a mix of different lettuce, spinach, rocket etc as a mixed leaf row and pic young and tender. Absolutely gorgeous as salad or on sandwiches with virtually anything!
    I know its a good feeling isn't it. I have given up growing individual lettuces. Instaed I grow a mix of different lettuce, spinach, rocket etc as a mixed leaf row and pic young and tender. Absolutely gorgeous as salad or on sandwiches with...
    I know its a good feeling isn't it. I have given up growing individual lettuces. Instaed I grow a mix of different lettuce, spinach, rocket etc as a mixed leaf row and pic young and tender. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sash

Organic raised beds

Hi Sash,How you getting on with your raised beds?Mine are going well now, let me know if you need any advice.
    Hi Sash,How you getting on with your raised beds?Mine are going well now, let me know if you need any advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. timandjo

sweet corn? in the north east

Hello timandjo,yes you can.I live just over an hour from you and I grew it last yr fine.
    Hello timandjo,yes you can.I live just over an hour from you and I grew it last yr fine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. windy miller

Rampaging Runner Beans Batman!!

lol windy!
    lol windy!
    lol windy!
    lol windy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JEN.K

Help !! Have I killed my asparagus bed

Some years ago I grew asparagus from seed. Despite popular advice about buying 2-3 year old crowns. Quite successful for a few years then they just died a death on me. Never knew why.
    Some years ago I grew asparagus from seed. Despite popular advice about buying 2-3 year old crowns. Quite successful for a few years then they just died a death on me. Never knew why.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. johnbinkley

Broad beans

Just keep a look out,the ants and black fly will be back no doubt about that
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. carleton

edible gardening beans

Good point John!
    Good point John!
    Good point John!
    Good point John!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice