Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Cannyfullpots

Blight...?

I've noticed that often the lower leaves do go yellow especially if overshadowed by the ones above.I've been looking for blight on my toms, I must admit, if it doesn't stop raining soon it...
    I've noticed that often the lower leaves do go yellow especially if overshadowed by the ones above.I've been looking for blight on my toms, I must admit, if it doesn't stop raining soon it could be a total disaster year.
    I've noticed that often the lower leaves do go yellow especially if overshadowed by the ones above.I've been looking for blight on my toms, I must admit, if it doesn't stop raining soon it could be a total disaster year.
    I've noticed that often the lower leaves do go yellow especially if overshadowed by the ones above.I've been looking for blight on my toms, I must admit, if it doesn't stop raining soon it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Steve R

Blight-resistant tomato varieties

Had a feeling that might be the case, in the absence of a free p&p promotion at Dobies, it looks like a visit to B&Q (on a Wednesday to get 10% off) who stock Suttons Crimson Crush instore,...
    Had a feeling that might be the case, in the absence of a free p&p promotion at Dobies, it looks like a visit to B&Q (on a Wednesday to get 10% off) who stock Suttons Crimson Crush instore, working out at 36p/seed, and if they're any good it''ll be a Dobies order (via village horticultural...
    Had a feeling that might be the case, in the absence of a free p&p promotion at Dobies, it looks like a visit to B&Q (on a Wednesday to get 10% off) who stock Suttons Crimson Crush instore, working out at 36p/seed, and if they're any good it''ll...
    Had a feeling that might be the case, in the absence of a free p&p promotion at Dobies, it looks like a visit to B&Q (on a Wednesday to get 10% off) who stock Suttons Crimson Crush instore,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sterile

BLIGHT!!!!

Agreed, doesn't sound like blight. I've lost my outdoor toms to blight for the last two years, and I have the Bordeaux Mixture ready and waiting. If I get an incline that it's in my area, then I...
    Agreed, doesn't sound like blight. I've lost my outdoor toms to blight for the last two years, and I have the Bordeaux Mixture ready and waiting. If I get an incline that it's in my area, then I guess I'll have to apply it, but for now I'm holding off. My outdoor toms are actually cropping ! :)...
    Agreed, doesn't sound like blight. I've lost my outdoor toms to blight for the last two years, and I have the Bordeaux Mixture ready and waiting. If I get an incline that it's in my area, then I guess I'll have to apply it, but for now I'm...
    Agreed, doesn't sound like blight. I've lost my outdoor toms to blight for the last two years, and I have the Bordeaux Mixture ready and waiting. If I get an incline that it's in my area, then I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JWK
    Agree x 3

Blight Watch 2017

It does seem very early indeed. Fortunately my outdoor tomatoes are not yet outside and my usual crop of spuds is now reduced to just 6 seeds in the compost heap, so much less to worry about!!
    It does seem very early indeed. Fortunately my outdoor tomatoes are not yet outside and my usual crop of spuds is now reduced to just 6 seeds in the compost heap, so much less to worry about!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Dave W

Blight Watch (Potatoes & Tomatoes)

I see there is an Europe one, but it doesn't appear to be quite as good as the one for the UK. I sprayed my spuds today to be on the safe side:)
    I see there is an Europe one, but it doesn't appear to be quite as good as the one for the UK. I sprayed my spuds today to be on the safe side:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK

Blight Watch

Got Blight on my Tomatoes yesterday.There have been no warnings in my postcode area since May. There was in the next postcode area a month ago, maybe it has taken that long for the blight to...
    Got Blight on my Tomatoes yesterday.There have been no warnings in my postcode area since May. There was in the next postcode area a month ago, maybe it has taken that long for the blight to take effect?
    Got Blight on my Tomatoes yesterday.There have been no warnings in my postcode area since May. There was in the next postcode area a month ago, maybe it has taken that long for the blight to take effect?
    Got Blight on my Tomatoes yesterday.There have been no warnings in my postcode area since May. There was in the next postcode area a month ago, maybe it has taken that long for the blight to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ClaraLou

Blight resistant tomatoes

Freddy, maybe it's time to use some chemicals, like Bordeaux Mixture.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kandy

Blight Resistant Tomato

I've heard about them Kandy but never tried them. I'll be very interested in how you get on this year.
    I've heard about them Kandy but never tried them. I'll be very interested in how you get on this year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Steve R

Blight Potatoes and Tomatoes.

I know Steve I have a horrid feeling my spuds might be secumbing not sure but suddenly the leaves have gone a bit pale.. Watching closely.. I do thankfully subscribe to the Watch.. :scratch::sad:
    I know Steve I have a horrid feeling my spuds might be secumbing not sure but suddenly the leaves have gone a bit pale.. Watching closely.. I do thankfully subscribe to the Watch.. :scratch::sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Greecko

Blight or ready?

ahhh, cheers! Ist year at them so haven't a clue! hopefully jow there is actually something ubder all those leaves!
    ahhh, cheers! Ist year at them so haven't a clue! hopefully jow there is actually something ubder all those leaves!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Blight on Tomatoes

Its sounds more like snake oil to me, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. andybike

blight on outdoor tomatoes

:hpbthd::hpbthd::hpbthd: 'Happy Belated Birthday' Andy,I noticed it but didn't put anything up because some members join post a couple of posts and we never see them on here again.I should...
    :hpbthd::hpbthd::hpbthd: 'Happy Belated Birthday' Andy,I noticed it but didn't put anything up because some members join post a couple of posts and we never see them on here again.I should have looked at your profile to see when your last activity was,sorry:oops::o Sorry to hear about your...
    :hpbthd::hpbthd::hpbthd: 'Happy Belated Birthday' Andy,I noticed it but didn't put anything up because some members join post a couple of posts and we never see them on here again.I should have looked at your profile to see when your last...
    :hpbthd::hpbthd::hpbthd: 'Happy Belated Birthday' Andy,I noticed it but didn't put anything up because some members join post a couple of posts and we never see them on here again.I should...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kristen

Blight Map

"So early in the yea"We've had two days during May for almost all of the last 5 years ... so don't despair too easily!
    "So early in the yea"We've had two days during May for almost all of the last 5 years ... so don't despair too easily!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Steve R

Blight Beating Tomato - Crimson Crush

I'm growing Fantasio, supposedly blight resistant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ptarmigan

Blight alert for potatoes in SW ?

Sounds like a good plan, even if those two sightings are not confirmed, the blight can not be far away now with all this wet.All my earlies are ready (foliage yellowed removed) and I just had a...
    Sounds like a good plan, even if those two sightings are not confirmed, the blight can not be far away now with all this wet.All my earlies are ready (foliage yellowed removed) and I just had a furtle in my maincrop and was surprised to find the first tuber I came to is 3 and a bit inches in...
    Sounds like a good plan, even if those two sightings are not confirmed, the blight can not be far away now with all this wet.All my earlies are ready (foliage yellowed removed) and I just had a furtle in my maincrop and was surprised to find...
    Sounds like a good plan, even if those two sightings are not confirmed, the blight can not be far away now with all this wet.All my earlies are ready (foliage yellowed removed) and I just had a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. capney

Blight alert

I've got my fingers crossed for you :thumb:.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mchumph

blight advice

Has bean, you have to keep ventilating your greenhouse when its very sunny - otherwise close them as much as you dare. Its a balancing act as the humidity gets too high if you keep the vents...
    Has bean, you have to keep ventilating your greenhouse when its very sunny - otherwise close them as much as you dare. Its a balancing act as the humidity gets too high if you keep the vents closed all the time which encourages grey mould. Are you going to spray them with Dithane/Bordeaux...
    Has bean, you have to keep ventilating your greenhouse when its very sunny - otherwise close them as much as you dare. Its a balancing act as the humidity gets too high if you keep the vents closed all the time which encourages grey mould. Are...
    Has bean, you have to keep ventilating your greenhouse when its very sunny - otherwise close them as much as you dare. Its a balancing act as the humidity gets too high if you keep the vents...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dave W
    Like x 3

Blight - Tomato & Potato

Thanks for the link, last time I searched I could only find one for the USA.I put my own postcode in + others to the NES&W, including 2 where I know there's commercial growers.
    Thanks for the link, last time I searched I could only find one for the USA.I put my own postcode in + others to the NES&W, including 2 where I know there's commercial growers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Phil A

Blight

Neah, you want the copper on the outside of your tomatoes, not the inside!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. brianthegas

blight

Thats a real puzzle Brian - it would be a shame to give up though, maybe next year grow just a couple of toms and use the extra space for the stuff Kristen said in post #2.
    Thats a real puzzle Brian - it would be a shame to give up though, maybe next year grow just a couple of toms and use the extra space for the stuff Kristen said in post #2.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice