1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. cajary

Transplanting Blueberries

Well, I didn't prune it and it's got little buds just forming at the tips. Looks like it's gonna be O.K. Thanks for the advice, guys.
    Well, I didn't prune it and it's got little buds just forming at the tips. Looks like it's gonna be O.K. Thanks for the advice, guys.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. NatalieB

Table/Eating Grapes

Last year, the kids (with help from me) built hubby a lovely gazebo type thing to hang his hammock in, and with grapes planted on each side to trail up over the roof of it. Over the winter, we...
    Last year, the kids (with help from me) built hubby a lovely gazebo type thing to hang his hammock in, and with grapes planted on each side to trail up over the roof of it. Over the winter, we moved house, and as the grapes were part of a father's day gift, I thought I'd try and move those too....
    Last year, the kids (with help from me) built hubby a lovely gazebo type thing to hang his hammock in, and with grapes planted on each side to trail up over the roof of it. Over the winter, we moved house, and as the grapes were part of a...
    Last year, the kids (with help from me) built hubby a lovely gazebo type thing to hang his hammock in, and with grapes planted on each side to trail up over the roof of it. Over the winter, we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. blacksmith

peas

Hi, has anybody tried growing pra variety "Pea Dorian" or another name "Mr Big" seem a lot of places sell the seed but I have not heard of them myself.
    Hi, has anybody tried growing pra variety "Pea Dorian" or another name "Mr Big" seem a lot of places sell the seed but I have not heard of them myself.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. amymac78

Which bit do I pinch??

Nice healthy looking plants, hope mine will be like that soon! They are still small.
    Nice healthy looking plants, hope mine will be like that soon! They are still small.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. loocyloo

very few courgettes?

Snap!! Same here too unfortunately, but then I am always a little late being up here in the north.
    Snap!! Same here too unfortunately, but then I am always a little late being up here in the north.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Erin

Can I combine veg and flowers?

Try the Allotment shop first, the quality would probably be higher and the prices lower. If not then a Garden centre. Have a look at the seed packets, there are lots of things you can sow outside...
    Try the Allotment shop first, the quality would probably be higher and the prices lower. If not then a Garden centre. Have a look at the seed packets, there are lots of things you can sow outside now. Saladings (lettuce, radish etc) can be sown every few weeks for a continued supply.
    Try the Allotment shop first, the quality would probably be higher and the prices lower. If not then a Garden centre. Have a look at the seed packets, there are lots of things you can sow outside now. Saladings (lettuce, radish etc) can be sown...
    Try the Allotment shop first, the quality would probably be higher and the prices lower. If not then a Garden centre. Have a look at the seed packets, there are lots of things you can sow outside...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Adam noel

Strawberries

You do need a warm spell so that the insect pollinators can get about!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ThePlantAssassin

Strawberry taste......or not

@cindy Check the recent thread starting with "Any Strawberry Experts...". And yeah, supermarket ones will give you no idea, all pretty much bland things, don't waste your money on them.
    @cindy Check the recent thread starting with "Any Strawberry Experts...". And yeah, supermarket ones will give you no idea, all pretty much bland things, don't waste your money on them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. geoffhandley

My new vegetable plot

Well Elaine might have some pretty tough slugs up there :D Lottie Unfortunately my father in law keeps asking for cabbage and I am growing spinach specially for him...mind you it was his lawn...
    Well Elaine might have some pretty tough slugs up there :D Lottie Unfortunately my father in law keeps asking for cabbage and I am growing spinach specially for him...mind you it was his lawn I dug up. He agreed to let me use it for veg but I think he thought it was going to be a smaller...
    Well Elaine might have some pretty tough slugs up there :D Lottie Unfortunately my father in law keeps asking for cabbage and I am growing spinach specially for him...mind you it was his lawn I dug up. He agreed to let me use it for veg but I...
    Well Elaine might have some pretty tough slugs up there :D Lottie Unfortunately my father in law keeps asking for cabbage and I am growing spinach specially for him...mind you it was his lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. clanless

Are these edible?

Should be according to this :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. plantaholic

russet

I had one in my former garden which was a mature tree when I moved in. It did produce the occasional suckers which were mowed up as it it was in the lawn, but they were never a problem. I brought...
    I had one in my former garden which was a mature tree when I moved in. It did produce the occasional suckers which were mowed up as it it was in the lawn, but they were never a problem. I brought one with me when I moved as I liked it so much. I wonder if there are different varieties as I have...
    I had one in my former garden which was a mature tree when I moved in. It did produce the occasional suckers which were mowed up as it it was in the lawn, but they were never a problem. I brought one with me when I moved as I liked it so much. I...
    I had one in my former garden which was a mature tree when I moved in. It did produce the occasional suckers which were mowed up as it it was in the lawn, but they were never a problem. I brought...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dale Weatherby

Update 1 Worlds Hottest Chillies

I would love to see some pictures Dale...you are a brave soul growing all those hot peppers!!!:hate-shocked: We eat a few of them here too, although i havent started mine, heck i havent even decided what i'm...
    I would love to see some pictures Dale...you are a brave soul growing all those hot peppers!!!:hate-shocked: We eat a few of them here too, although i havent started mine, heck i havent even decided what i'm growing this year.:heehee: Question though, what do you do with all those peppers; cook with them, freeze...
    I would love to see some pictures Dale...you are a brave soul growing all those hot peppers!!!:hate-shocked: We eat a few of them here too, although i havent started mine, heck i havent even decided what i'm growing this year.:heehee: Question though, what do you...
    I would love to see some pictures Dale...you are a brave soul growing all those hot peppers!!!:hate-shocked: We eat a few of them here too, although i havent started mine, heck i havent even decided what i'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. capney

Wayward strawberries

About three years for mine, but no problems with slugs as the bed was right next to the pond and I would often find a frog or two in the bed. Blackbirds on the other hand are a different story.
    About three years for mine, but no problems with slugs as the bed was right next to the pond and I would often find a frog or two in the bed. Blackbirds on the other hand are a different story.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jerzy Dabrowski

Salad leaves running to seed

I believe it depends on the lettuce variety either. Some packages have the data if the variety is resistant to bolting, or if it can be successfully grown in summer.
    I believe it depends on the lettuce variety either. Some packages have the data if the variety is resistant to bolting, or if it can be successfully grown in summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Veg-and-flower-man

Potatoes :S

Hi V & F man. If they are earlies, then I`d wait until the flowers drop off then dig one up (that`s what I did). I found that the first one or two roots produced smallish (but delicious) spuds....
    Hi V & F man. If they are earlies, then I`d wait until the flowers drop off then dig one up (that`s what I did). I found that the first one or two roots produced smallish (but delicious) spuds. Cheers...freddy.
    Hi V & F man. If they are earlies, then I`d wait until the flowers drop off then dig one up (that`s what I did). I found that the first one or two roots produced smallish (but delicious) spuds. Cheers...freddy.
    Hi V & F man. If they are earlies, then I`d wait until the flowers drop off then dig one up (that`s what I did). I found that the first one or two roots produced smallish (but delicious) spuds....
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. blacksmith

spring cabbage problem

Hi Guys, I have some realy large and leafy spring cabbage which are just starting to heart up, but there is some type of mildew or soft rot attacking them, it starts anywhere on the leaves and...
    Hi Guys, I have some realy large and leafy spring cabbage which are just starting to heart up, but there is some type of mildew or soft rot attacking them, it starts anywhere on the leaves and spreads to the heart of the plant. It is wet and slimmy. Has anybody got an idea of what it is please
    Hi Guys, I have some realy large and leafy spring cabbage which are just starting to heart up, but there is some type of mildew or soft rot attacking them, it starts anywhere on the leaves and spreads to the heart of the plant. It is wet and...
    Hi Guys, I have some realy large and leafy spring cabbage which are just starting to heart up, but there is some type of mildew or soft rot attacking them, it starts anywhere on the leaves and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. SteveG

Broad beans

Nip the tops out. best to grow dwarf varieties if Blackfly is a problem. you can spray with fairy liqiud diluted
    Nip the tops out. best to grow dwarf varieties if Blackfly is a problem. you can spray with fairy liqiud diluted
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kathy3

strawberry planter

They will make sure a stunning display Kathy and if the strawberries taste half as good as I'm sure the watering cans will look then it's all yum, yum! :D Hel.xxx.
    They will make sure a stunning display Kathy and if the strawberries taste half as good as I'm sure the watering cans will look then it's all yum, yum! :D Hel.xxx.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Fidgetsmum

What's up with my broccoli?

I always found it had a fairly short cropping season, especially if we get a mild spring. It quickly runs to large flower buds if it turns mild.
    I always found it had a fairly short cropping season, especially if we get a mild spring. It quickly runs to large flower buds if it turns mild.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. butterflies

Strawberries

:dh: Thank you.......
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice