1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. josephine

Ginger

Never tried growing root gigner before. It reminds me of the jeruselem artichoke I once made the mistake of growing! Couldn't get rid of the stuff for years later! The least little section of...
    Never tried growing root gigner before. It reminds me of the jeruselem artichoke I once made the mistake of growing! Couldn't get rid of the stuff for years later! The least little section of root took and spread for the next season. Damned stuff!! John
    Never tried growing root gigner before. It reminds me of the jeruselem artichoke I once made the mistake of growing! Couldn't get rid of the stuff for years later! The least little section of root took and spread for the next season. Damned...
    Never tried growing root gigner before. It reminds me of the jeruselem artichoke I once made the mistake of growing! Couldn't get rid of the stuff for years later! The least little section of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. colly

raspberry plants

Hi,i suppose your problem could be caused by bullfinches. I regularly see them nipping new growth off wild cherries and i've heard they can be a bit of a pest to fruit growers. its not something...
    Hi,i suppose your problem could be caused by bullfinches. I regularly see them nipping new growth off wild cherries and i've heard they can be a bit of a pest to fruit growers. its not something i've ever had a problem with,but don't give in. In my experience, raspberries are a very resliant...
    Hi,i suppose your problem could be caused by bullfinches. I regularly see them nipping new growth off wild cherries and i've heard they can be a bit of a pest to fruit growers. its not something i've ever had a problem with,but don't give in....
    Hi,i suppose your problem could be caused by bullfinches. I regularly see them nipping new growth off wild cherries and i've heard they can be a bit of a pest to fruit growers. its not something...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. oktarine

Broad Beans - "Bunyard Exhibition" Help please!

Plants now about 2 foot tall, and in flower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. elainefiz

Garlic..

I planted 2 rows, one of which i peeled the cloves before planting. So far , this row is doing better than the unpeeled row.I guess I'll have to wait and see how they get on.I'll keep you...
    I planted 2 rows, one of which i peeled the cloves before planting. So far , this row is doing better than the unpeeled row.I guess I'll have to wait and see how they get on.I'll keep you informed.
    I planted 2 rows, one of which i peeled the cloves before planting. So far , this row is doing better than the unpeeled row.I guess I'll have to wait and see how they get on.I'll keep you informed.
    I planted 2 rows, one of which i peeled the cloves before planting. So far , this row is doing better than the unpeeled row.I guess I'll have to wait and see how they get on.I'll keep you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ruffmeister

hows your rhubarb

Picked our first lot of forced stuff last week and cooked it with frozen strawberries from last year. Yummy!!!!!!!
    Picked our first lot of forced stuff last week and cooked it with frozen strawberries from last year. Yummy!!!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. newbiegrower

what can I grow this year

Plant as you dig, then at least you can see the fruit of your pain. I have had my lottie for one year now and I still haven't finished digging it (it is a big lottie!)Good Luck
    Plant as you dig, then at least you can see the fruit of your pain. I have had my lottie for one year now and I still haven't finished digging it (it is a big lottie!)Good Luck
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Keith D

Garlic Barrier

Hi Keith, when you plant your brassicas interplant with your onions, shallots and garlic. You can also interplant with marigolds ( not the gloves ). David.
    Hi Keith, when you plant your brassicas interplant with your onions, shallots and garlic. You can also interplant with marigolds ( not the gloves ). David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. KathrynMac

Something to share - Jody's Beans

This story was written by myself for my little ones coming to visit my garden. We spent 2 hours with 30 5/6 year olds in my garden talking about worms, bugs, butterflies, bumble bees, compost,...
    This story was written by myself for my little ones coming to visit my garden. We spent 2 hours with 30 5/6 year olds in my garden talking about worms, bugs, butterflies, bumble bees, compost, recycling and other kwel stuff! We planted carrots and squash. It was a good day for everyone...
    This story was written by myself for my little ones coming to visit my garden. We spent 2 hours with 30 5/6 year olds in my garden talking about worms, bugs, butterflies, bumble bees, compost, recycling and other kwel stuff! We planted carrots...
    This story was written by myself for my little ones coming to visit my garden. We spent 2 hours with 30 5/6 year olds in my garden talking about worms, bugs, butterflies, bumble bees, compost,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sammyveggiesbmth

cucumbers help me please

Personally I wouldn't take the risk I would get rid of the plants and start again....You still have the time and the new seedlings will soon catch up
    Personally I wouldn't take the risk I would get rid of the plants and start again....You still have the time and the new seedlings will soon catch up
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kaytutt

Beanless broad beans

Thanks all, I think I found a teeny weeny bean on one of them today, after a splish of tomato food, so I dont know whether that did the trick. Hopefully all is not lost I'll start pincing the...
    Thanks all, I think I found a teeny weeny bean on one of them today, after a splish of tomato food, so I dont know whether that did the trick. Hopefully all is not lost I'll start pincing the tops out now
    Thanks all, I think I found a teeny weeny bean on one of them today, after a splish of tomato food, so I dont know whether that did the trick. Hopefully all is not lost I'll start pincing the tops out now
    Thanks all, I think I found a teeny weeny bean on one of them today, after a splish of tomato food, so I dont know whether that did the trick. Hopefully all is not lost I'll start pincing the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. elainefiz

Tumbling toms in a hanging basket.

Would these be ok in a flower pouch?? If so, do I fill all 10 holes??
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. gandygardener

peppers

:D Gandy! My peppers (capsicums) haven't germinated at all in the greenhouse. I think I'll try the airing cupboard too, but will try not to fall up the stairs :D
    :D Gandy! My peppers (capsicums) haven't germinated at all in the greenhouse. I think I'll try the airing cupboard too, but will try not to fall up the stairs :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. oktarine

Gooseberries

Finally got my Gooseberry bush from Wilkinsons today for �£2.00 ! I was thinking of planting this against a NW facing fence? Would that be ok ? It's a fairly sheltered spot with not much - if...
    Finally got my Gooseberry bush from Wilkinsons today for �£2.00 ! I was thinking of planting this against a NW facing fence? Would that be ok ? It's a fairly sheltered spot with not much - if any - direct sunlight. Soil is very good / moisture retentive.Also picked up a Blackcurrant bush for...
    Finally got my Gooseberry bush from Wilkinsons today for �£2.00 ! I was thinking of planting this against a NW facing fence? Would that be ok ? It's a fairly sheltered spot with not much - if any - direct sunlight. Soil is very good / moisture...
    Finally got my Gooseberry bush from Wilkinsons today for �£2.00 ! I was thinking of planting this against a NW facing fence? Would that be ok ? It's a fairly sheltered spot with not much - if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sausage
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. azadaman

carrots

Is it because the soil is too acidic ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mickeylove

SweetCorn

mickey get them planted as you say. Take the risk with frost, after all you've got time to plant more. The weather is so unpredictable in this country, look at the last few days. Mine have been...
    mickey get them planted as you say. Take the risk with frost, after all you've got time to plant more. The weather is so unpredictable in this country, look at the last few days. Mine have been out for over a week under coke bottles. If it looks like its getting colder put the lids back on and...
    mickey get them planted as you say. Take the risk with frost, after all you've got time to plant more. The weather is so unpredictable in this country, look at the last few days. Mine have been out for over a week under coke bottles. If it looks...
    mickey get them planted as you say. Take the risk with frost, after all you've got time to plant more. The weather is so unpredictable in this country, look at the last few days. Mine have been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. poppet

blueberry bush

Hi poppet There's a lot of info. about Blueberry bushes on this site. Go to "Container Gardening" and then onto "Container Grown Fruit Trees". Should give you all the info. you need. All the best .
    Hi poppet There's a lot of info. about Blueberry bushes on this site. Go to "Container Gardening" and then onto "Container Grown Fruit Trees". Should give you all the info. you need. All the best .
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. gloria

chilli peppers

Enjoy your Naga-ing HB
    Enjoy your Naga-ing HB
    Enjoy your Naga-ing HB
    Enjoy your Naga-ing HB
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dillydo

Sprouts

I planted some sprout seeds on Monday and they are up already. Had about 13 through yesterday evening and counted 25 today. Getting a little worried that they may look like baby cabbages when they...
    I planted some sprout seeds on Monday and they are up already. Had about 13 through yesterday evening and counted 25 today. Getting a little worried that they may look like baby cabbages when they are grown :(
    I planted some sprout seeds on Monday and they are up already. Had about 13 through yesterday evening and counted 25 today. Getting a little worried that they may look like baby cabbages when they are grown :(
    I planted some sprout seeds on Monday and they are up already. Had about 13 through yesterday evening and counted 25 today. Getting a little worried that they may look like baby cabbages when they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mrs Bobs

When should I earth up potatoes?

Just to let you know, the 1st and 2nd earlies i planted 10 days ago are sprouting through the plastic sheet.I'll put pics on my blog on sunday.
    Just to let you know, the 1st and 2nd earlies i planted 10 days ago are sprouting through the plastic sheet.I'll put pics on my blog on sunday.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice