1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. auldreekie

Radishes

1st time growing radishes, is it normal for leaves and stems to flop all over the place?sometimes seems like leaves are too heavy for the stem to support. Radishes are growing well tho' and...
    1st time growing radishes, is it normal for leaves and stems to flop all over the place?sometimes seems like leaves are too heavy for the stem to support. Radishes are growing well tho' and leaves and stem are a nice shade of green looking healthy enough.
    1st time growing radishes, is it normal for leaves and stems to flop all over the place?sometimes seems like leaves are too heavy for the stem to support. Radishes are growing well tho' and leaves and stem are a nice shade of green looking...
    1st time growing radishes, is it normal for leaves and stems to flop all over the place?sometimes seems like leaves are too heavy for the stem to support. Radishes are growing well tho' and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. honeybunny

Tomato Plant Advice

thank you Zigs :dbgrtmb: i wouldn't be brave enough to strip the whole plant like that but i'll sure thin them out...tops, leaves & flowers beware! :paladin: im off out to get snipping!:yes:thanks again :pathd:
    thank you Zigs :dbgrtmb: i wouldn't be brave enough to strip the whole plant like that but i'll sure thin them out...tops, leaves & flowers beware! :paladin: im off out to get snipping!:yes:thanks again :pathd:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. bumblebee

BEETROOT

Not this time of the year BB. Maybe next spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ruffmeister

size of your spuds

Our Maris Bard have grown to a decent size, but Sharpes Express are a bit disappointing
    Our Maris Bard have grown to a decent size, but Sharpes Express are a bit disappointing
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Samuel_1988

Making an Edible Food Forest Patch - anyone done it before?

Welcome to the forum, Samuel_1988. Well done for helping your auntie with a bit of planting, if only my nephew would do the same!I don't think cultivated strawberries will like it at all, they...
    Welcome to the forum, Samuel_1988. Well done for helping your auntie with a bit of planting, if only my nephew would do the same!I don't think cultivated strawberries will like it at all, they like lots of sun and easy living, but alpine strawberries would probably be OK. However, many people...
    Welcome to the forum, Samuel_1988. Well done for helping your auntie with a bit of planting, if only my nephew would do the same!I don't think cultivated strawberries will like it at all, they like lots of sun and easy living, but alpine...
    Welcome to the forum, Samuel_1988. Well done for helping your auntie with a bit of planting, if only my nephew would do the same!I don't think cultivated strawberries will like it at all, they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. kazzawazza

Fruit Trees

Thanks Sian. I will move the pots next to the house and if we do have a really cold winter, I will move them into the greenhouse.
    Thanks Sian. I will move the pots next to the house and if we do have a really cold winter, I will move them into the greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. David G

Cucumber Cross Pollination

Don't know DG. I have only grown those with both flowers on, cutting out the male if I remember rightly. Unfortunately got no germination this year with cucumber. Had good success with crystal...
    Don't know DG. I have only grown those with both flowers on, cutting out the male if I remember rightly. Unfortunately got no germination this year with cucumber. Had good success with crystal apple variety a couplke of years ago. Must get some fresh seed!!
    Don't know DG. I have only grown those with both flowers on, cutting out the male if I remember rightly. Unfortunately got no germination this year with cucumber. Had good success with crystal apple variety a couplke of years ago. Must get...
    Don't know DG. I have only grown those with both flowers on, cutting out the male if I remember rightly. Unfortunately got no germination this year with cucumber. Had good success with crystal...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. "M"

Loganberry advice, please.

Now that's a good tip, thank you @Loofah :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. pamsdish
    Like x 3

At Last

Awsome.....i've been picking beans for a couple days now, nothing like fresh, right out of the garden!
    Awsome.....i've been picking beans for a couple days now, nothing like fresh, right out of the garden!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. TAL

Have I just killed my potatoe Crop?

You wont kill them but its not something thats nessesary. Most potatoes get tall and fall over, its normal. Leave them alone, they are maincrop so wont be ready until sept as you probably know.
    You wont kill them but its not something thats nessesary. Most potatoes get tall and fall over, its normal. Leave them alone, they are maincrop so wont be ready until sept as you probably know.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. David G

Peppers

Hi Dave.I don't know about humidity, but peppers are certainly thirsty plants. I didn't seem to have any problems that might have been caused by overwatering - underwatering caused the greenfly...
    Hi Dave.I don't know about humidity, but peppers are certainly thirsty plants. I didn't seem to have any problems that might have been caused by overwatering - underwatering caused the greenfly to get a hold though. All types of sweet pepper I grew got to about 2'-3' high, and needed...
    Hi Dave.I don't know about humidity, but peppers are certainly thirsty plants. I didn't seem to have any problems that might have been caused by overwatering - underwatering caused the greenfly to get a hold though. All types of sweet pepper I...
    Hi Dave.I don't know about humidity, but peppers are certainly thirsty plants. I didn't seem to have any problems that might have been caused by overwatering - underwatering caused the greenfly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. captainhastings

Save my beans

Zigs , you'm a genius :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. chitting kaz

fruit bushes

:love30: thanks clueless i will pot em up tomorrow until they go in the ground dont really want to leave in the wraps to long :wub2:
    :love30: thanks clueless i will pot em up tomorrow until they go in the ground dont really want to leave in the wraps to long :wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Loofah

Apricots - how hardy?

Dunno about Apricots but my peach tree has survived the worst our winters throw at it.
    Dunno about Apricots but my peach tree has survived the worst our winters throw at it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Autumn bliss

Raspberrie Root Cuttings

Thank you Steve R..Much Appreciated:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. spacekadet

Heritage seed potatoes for the taking

Thanks Marley, glad to hear they'll be welcome!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Prastio

Cheap Blueberry bushes

Our local pound shop is selling fairly small dry-rooted blueberry bushes (and other fruits like raspberry canes). Has anyone tried these? I appreciate that they will take a few years to grow to...
    Our local pound shop is selling fairly small dry-rooted blueberry bushes (and other fruits like raspberry canes). Has anyone tried these? I appreciate that they will take a few years to grow to a decent size, but it seems worth a try at �£1 - or would I be throwing my money away.
    Our local pound shop is selling fairly small dry-rooted blueberry bushes (and other fruits like raspberry canes). Has anyone tried these? I appreciate that they will take a few years to grow to a decent size, but it seems worth a try at �£1 -...
    Our local pound shop is selling fairly small dry-rooted blueberry bushes (and other fruits like raspberry canes). Has anyone tried these? I appreciate that they will take a few years to grow to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Vince

A bit unfair?

:D John, you`re crazy, my kind of fella :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Liz W

volunteer potatoes

If you are growing spuds again this year then I would be ruthless and pull up and destroy any volunteers. Blight spores overwinter on volunteer spuds and will infect nearby crops. Also I've found...
    If you are growing spuds again this year then I would be ruthless and pull up and destroy any volunteers. Blight spores overwinter on volunteer spuds and will infect nearby crops. Also I've found that vounteers hardly produce anything wortwhile so I get rid of any as soon as I see them.
    If you are growing spuds again this year then I would be ruthless and pull up and destroy any volunteers. Blight spores overwinter on volunteer spuds and will infect nearby crops. Also I've found that vounteers hardly produce anything wortwhile...
    If you are growing spuds again this year then I would be ruthless and pull up and destroy any volunteers. Blight spores overwinter on volunteer spuds and will infect nearby crops. Also I've found...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ohbe

aubergines

Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy...
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy looking flowers. Liz
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy looking flowers. Liz
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice