1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. leonora

Blueberry

I have planted my cranberry plants near to my blueberry because I believe they both like acid soil. Should I therefore be feeding the cranberry with the ericaceous feed as well?
    I have planted my cranberry plants near to my blueberry because I believe they both like acid soil. Should I therefore be feeding the cranberry with the ericaceous feed as well?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jazzy

Runner Beans from Seeds

I sow my Runner and French beans individually in Root Trainer cells at the end of April, weather dependent, then keep in the greenhouse. They germinate over a week or so; about mid to end of May I...
    I sow my Runner and French beans individually in Root Trainer cells at the end of April, weather dependent, then keep in the greenhouse. They germinate over a week or so; about mid to end of May I harden them off and plant them out by which time they are all about the same size. The Root Trainer...
    I sow my Runner and French beans individually in Root Trainer cells at the end of April, weather dependent, then keep in the greenhouse. They germinate over a week or so; about mid to end of May I harden them off and plant them out by which time...
    I sow my Runner and French beans individually in Root Trainer cells at the end of April, weather dependent, then keep in the greenhouse. They germinate over a week or so; about mid to end of May I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. galaxysue

Mixed salad leaves

Should be no problem Sue. I grow all my salad stuff in containers. I use pick and come again lettuce though not exotic stuff. :D
    Should be no problem Sue. I grow all my salad stuff in containers. I use pick and come again lettuce though not exotic stuff. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Deano Gledson

Button mushrooms

No worries:) They don't care one way or another about sunlight, unless its drying them out. No Chlorophyll in them unlike plants. As long as they have the right temperature & humidity they'll be...
    No worries:) They don't care one way or another about sunlight, unless its drying them out. No Chlorophyll in them unlike plants. As long as they have the right temperature & humidity they'll be happy.
    No worries:) They don't care one way or another about sunlight, unless its drying them out. No Chlorophyll in them unlike plants. As long as they have the right temperature & humidity they'll be happy.
    No worries:) They don't care one way or another about sunlight, unless its drying them out. No Chlorophyll in them unlike plants. As long as they have the right temperature & humidity they'll be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bob flemming

Me spuds are different colours!

could it have been a mixed bag? Hope they're nice and tasty
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. David G

Odd shaped Potatoe Photo

Lets hope there will be a few more oddities before the season is finished!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ohbe

aubergines

Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy...
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy looking flowers. Liz
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy looking flowers. Liz
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Shaneoak

Apple tree ‘red devil’ - virus?

looking at what you received... is a pitiful sight ... and tickled pink !! oh my !which company did you receive it from ?
    looking at what you received... is a pitiful sight ... and tickled pink !! oh my !which company did you receive it from ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Nikos Koukos

Carrot seedlings

I've not grows carrots before, mine are nearly 3 weeks old, mine appear to be sprouting and look like yours!
    I've not grows carrots before, mine are nearly 3 weeks old, mine appear to be sprouting and look like yours!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jem218

Onions and Garlic

Yes,you can plant other crops.I'm planting potatoes,cabbage and squash in the garden.Actually,it's my mom crops but i help her whenever i have time.
    Yes,you can plant other crops.I'm planting potatoes,cabbage and squash in the garden.Actually,it's my mom crops but i help her whenever i have time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stoko

onion sets

I too planted japanese onions in November and they are doing well. I planted my shallots in containers last weekend, so no growth yet.
    I too planted japanese onions in November and they are doing well. I planted my shallots in containers last weekend, so no growth yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. devongardener

runner beans

Runner beans are perrenials in their native environment but are not frost hardy. There are new varieties being tested that are being bred for frost hardiness - but I wouldn't hold your breathe...
    Runner beans are perrenials in their native environment but are not frost hardy. There are new varieties being tested that are being bred for frost hardiness - but I wouldn't hold your breathe :hehe: Some plants do survive the winter if it has been mild. I don't attempt to try it but I know...
    Runner beans are perrenials in their native environment but are not frost hardy. There are new varieties being tested that are being bred for frost hardiness - but I wouldn't hold your breathe :hehe: Some plants do survive the winter if it has...
    Runner beans are perrenials in their native environment but are not frost hardy. There are new varieties being tested that are being bred for frost hardiness - but I wouldn't hold your breathe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. miraflores

cutting grass around veggies?

Now , this morning I have spread like 80% of the seeds that I have in my seed box in the garden, based on a suggestion that I read recently on a thread (but I cannot find it) according to which if...
    Now , this morning I have spread like 80% of the seeds that I have in my seed box in the garden, based on a suggestion that I read recently on a thread (but I cannot find it) according to which if the right conditions are met they will grow. So if it all works out I should have a mix of...
    Now , this morning I have spread like 80% of the seeds that I have in my seed box in the garden, based on a suggestion that I read recently on a thread (but I cannot find it) according to which if the right conditions are met they will grow. So...
    Now , this morning I have spread like 80% of the seeds that I have in my seed box in the garden, based on a suggestion that I read recently on a thread (but I cannot find it) according to which if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Johnb

Slugs at my tomatoes

Thanks for that hammer. I'll give it a try.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Phil A
    Funny x 6

Manx Marvels

If i'd have thought of that I wouldn't have ate him Steve :biggrin:Bit like the specimin Herring. Scrunge told me I could have got a shore caught certificate for that if I hadn't of eaten it :doh:
    If i'd have thought of that I wouldn't have ate him Steve :biggrin:Bit like the specimin Herring. Scrunge told me I could have got a shore caught certificate for that if I hadn't of eaten it :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. poppet

blueberry bush

Hi poppet There's a lot of info. about Blueberry bushes on this site. Go to "Container Gardening" and then onto "Container Grown Fruit Trees". Should give you all the info. you need. All the best .
    Hi poppet There's a lot of info. about Blueberry bushes on this site. Go to "Container Gardening" and then onto "Container Grown Fruit Trees". Should give you all the info. you need. All the best .
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gren

What to do with peppers - 2 week holiday

Thanks, will try that!Space is not a problem as I can sink them into the raised beds that my onions and garlic have just vacated. Maybe at the side that is shaded from the afternoon sun by our...
    Thanks, will try that!Space is not a problem as I can sink them into the raised beds that my onions and garlic have just vacated. Maybe at the side that is shaded from the afternoon sun by our trees.
    Thanks, will try that!Space is not a problem as I can sink them into the raised beds that my onions and garlic have just vacated. Maybe at the side that is shaded from the afternoon sun by our trees.
    Thanks, will try that!Space is not a problem as I can sink them into the raised beds that my onions and garlic have just vacated. Maybe at the side that is shaded from the afternoon sun by our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Louiseness

Newbie edible gardener

Hi Louiseness, welcome to Gardeners Corner:D:thumbsup: We've got lots of gardeners on the Forum who are experienced at growing food and they'll be only too willing to give advice when needed.
    Hi Louiseness, welcome to Gardeners Corner:D:thumbsup: We've got lots of gardeners on the Forum who are experienced at growing food and they'll be only too willing to give advice when needed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Andrew s

Brussel sprouts

When I first got an allotment i got the book "Growing Vegetables" by Tony Biggs. It is a paperback and still available. Excellent and no nonsense book. Just starting back into vegetable growing...
    When I first got an allotment i got the book "Growing Vegetables" by Tony Biggs. It is a paperback and still available. Excellent and no nonsense book. Just starting back into vegetable growing after a gap of about 12 years and have just read it again cover to cover.
    When I first got an allotment i got the book "Growing Vegetables" by Tony Biggs. It is a paperback and still available. Excellent and no nonsense book. Just starting back into vegetable growing after a gap of about 12 years and have just read it...
    When I first got an allotment i got the book "Growing Vegetables" by Tony Biggs. It is a paperback and still available. Excellent and no nonsense book. Just starting back into vegetable growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. blue

Tomatoes

Thanks once again Liz ! I am going to give it a try! I am planting everything in site now lol i went to wash my shorts yesterday and in the pockets i found some seeds that i had collected from...
    Thanks once again Liz ! I am going to give it a try! I am planting everything in site now lol i went to wash my shorts yesterday and in the pockets i found some seeds that i had collected from South Africa ,i haven't a clue what they are i have just put them in a seed tray and hope for the best.
    Thanks once again Liz ! I am going to give it a try! I am planting everything in site now lol i went to wash my shorts yesterday and in the pockets i found some seeds that i had collected from South Africa ,i haven't a clue what they are i have...
    Thanks once again Liz ! I am going to give it a try! I am planting everything in site now lol i went to wash my shorts yesterday and in the pockets i found some seeds that i had collected from...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice