Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. amberleaf

broccoli

I always sow them where they're going to stay. That seems to be the recommendation. Apparently they don't take too well to transplanting as I have found in the past. I sow them around early...
    I always sow them where they're going to stay. That seems to be the recommendation. Apparently they don't take too well to transplanting as I have found in the past. I sow them around early autumn. And give them plenty of space right from the get go as they just don't like having their roots...
    I always sow them where they're going to stay. That seems to be the recommendation. Apparently they don't take too well to transplanting as I have found in the past. I sow them around early autumn. And give them plenty of space right from the get...
    I always sow them where they're going to stay. That seems to be the recommendation. Apparently they don't take too well to transplanting as I have found in the past. I sow them around early...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jeni

GRAPE VINES

:confused:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. KevinO

Spuds

Kevin,for a floury tatie try Kerr`s Pink.Hello wavy,First earlies;plant seed potatoes in late March-harvest in June or July. Second earlies;plant in early-mid April and lift in July or...
    Kevin,for a floury tatie try Kerr`s Pink.Hello wavy,First earlies;plant seed potatoes in late March-harvest in June or July. Second earlies;plant in early-mid April and lift in July or August. Maincrop;plant in mid-late April.Some can be lifted in August for immediate use.For storage Sept. or...
    Kevin,for a floury tatie try Kerr`s Pink.Hello wavy,First earlies;plant seed potatoes in late March-harvest in June or July. Second earlies;plant in early-mid April and lift in July or August. Maincrop;plant in mid-late April.Some can be lifted...
    Kevin,for a floury tatie try Kerr`s Pink.Hello wavy,First earlies;plant seed potatoes in late March-harvest in June or July. Second earlies;plant in early-mid April and lift in July or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Greenlady

raspberries

Thank you for that. GL
    Thank you for that. GL
    Thank you for that. GL
    Thank you for that. GL
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl

Knowing you onions

I have read what the others have to say and agree with most of it.This is how I grew mine; http://tinyurl.com/yzxd7yRegarding the way champion growers grow them;They will already have...
    I have read what the others have to say and agree with most of it.This is how I grew mine; http://tinyurl.com/yzxd7yRegarding the way champion growers grow them;They will already have their seed sown and germinated by now and most likely potted on.These will be in heated cabinets lined...
    I have read what the others have to say and agree with most of it.This is how I grew mine; http://tinyurl.com/yzxd7yRegarding the way champion growers grow them;They will already have their seed sown and germinated by now and most likely...
    I have read what the others have to say and agree with most of it.This is how I grew mine; http://tinyurl.com/yzxd7yRegarding the way champion growers grow them;They will already have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mark B

Dwarf fruit trees

Thanks Geoff, That could be it. I did see something about that on one of the sites, I agree with the old glossy broucher brigade, All show and not much in the way of quality, Well some of them...
    Thanks Geoff, That could be it. I did see something about that on one of the sites, I agree with the old glossy broucher brigade, All show and not much in the way of quality, Well some of them anyway. Easier to pick, Hmm i may have to keep my step daughter out of the garden when there ripe. I...
    Thanks Geoff, That could be it. I did see something about that on one of the sites, I agree with the old glossy broucher brigade, All show and not much in the way of quality, Well some of them anyway. Easier to pick, Hmm i may have to keep my...
    Thanks Geoff, That could be it. I did see something about that on one of the sites, I agree with the old glossy broucher brigade, All show and not much in the way of quality, Well some of them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. elainefiz

Tomorrows dinner

enjoy the feast. I'll be staying clear of your house that night, as I think it'll be a windy one
    enjoy the feast. I'll be staying clear of your house that night, as I think it'll be a windy one
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. tig

peppers

They were planted in early April in the greenhouse They are ready to be pulled out now ... a job I am going to do in a few minutes time I hope i can retrieve some for the freezer
    They were planted in early April in the greenhouse They are ready to be pulled out now ... a job I am going to do in a few minutes time I hope i can retrieve some for the freezer
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. milmar

Grape Vione

Grape vines do lose their leaves, Milmar. If you follow this link to the Ken Muir site, and click on the Ask Ken tab, select Grapes, you'll find cultivation notes about them, in PDF. I've...
    Grape vines do lose their leaves, Milmar. If you follow this link to the Ken Muir site, and click on the Ask Ken tab, select Grapes, you'll find cultivation notes about them, in PDF. I've always found this site to be very helpful about all types of fruit. http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/Here's a...
    Grape vines do lose their leaves, Milmar. If you follow this link to the Ken Muir site, and click on the Ask Ken tab, select Grapes, you'll find cultivation notes about them, in PDF. I've always found this site to be very helpful about all...
    Grape vines do lose their leaves, Milmar. If you follow this link to the Ken Muir site, and click on the Ask Ken tab, select Grapes, you'll find cultivation notes about them, in PDF. I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Palustris

Haws

Can't throw any more light on this, sorry. I would think that there is a Midland Thorn parent there because of the leaf shape. Its haws generally have 2 - 3 pips. They hybridise so freely that...
    Can't throw any more light on this, sorry. I would think that there is a Midland Thorn parent there because of the leaf shape. Its haws generally have 2 - 3 pips. They hybridise so freely that you may never get closer to true parentage. Post some pics when it flowers. that may help.
    Can't throw any more light on this, sorry. I would think that there is a Midland Thorn parent there because of the leaf shape. Its haws generally have 2 - 3 pips. They hybridise so freely that you may never get closer to true parentage. Post...
    Can't throw any more light on this, sorry. I would think that there is a Midland Thorn parent there because of the leaf shape. Its haws generally have 2 - 3 pips. They hybridise so freely that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Blackthorn

Autumn sown tomatoes

With the low light now and fluctuating day/night temperatures I would expect the lower leaves to turn yellow at this time of year. No problem with that, just so long as they don't all turn...
    With the low light now and fluctuating day/night temperatures I would expect the lower leaves to turn yellow at this time of year. No problem with that, just so long as they don't all turn yellow!Throttle back the watering a bit to balance the slower growth rate or they might be wrotting. I...
    With the low light now and fluctuating day/night temperatures I would expect the lower leaves to turn yellow at this time of year. No problem with that, just so long as they don't all turn yellow!Throttle back the watering a bit to balance the...
    With the low light now and fluctuating day/night temperatures I would expect the lower leaves to turn yellow at this time of year. No problem with that, just so long as they don't all turn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sparkle

Strawberry 'Aramel'?

Try Chris Bowers http://www.chrisbowers.co.uk/index.asp He has it listed under autumn fruiting. I used to grow Tamella which fruits earlier and I always had a fantastic crop off it. I heard it was...
    Try Chris Bowers http://www.chrisbowers.co.uk/index.asp He has it listed under autumn fruiting. I used to grow Tamella which fruits earlier and I always had a fantastic crop off it. I heard it was not popular with commercial producers cause it did not travel well. I think I started with just a...
    Try Chris Bowers http://www.chrisbowers.co.uk/index.asp He has it listed under autumn fruiting. I used to grow Tamella which fruits earlier and I always had a fantastic crop off it. I heard it was not popular with commercial producers cause it...
    Try Chris Bowers http://www.chrisbowers.co.uk/index.asp He has it listed under autumn fruiting. I used to grow Tamella which fruits earlier and I always had a fantastic crop off it. I heard it was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Hartshay

Exhibition Leeks in NW UK

You say;This suggests to me that you know where to get what you want, won't they send them 'mail order'??Sorry I can't help I just thought I would mention this.I gave up growing them when...
    You say;This suggests to me that you know where to get what you want, won't they send them 'mail order'??Sorry I can't help I just thought I would mention this.I gave up growing them when I finished exhibiting in 1997/8I used to get Throups stock, which I believe you can now get from...
    You say;This suggests to me that you know where to get what you want, won't they send them 'mail order'??Sorry I can't help I just thought I would mention this.I gave up growing them when I finished exhibiting in 1997/8I used to get...
    You say;This suggests to me that you know where to get what you want, won't they send them 'mail order'??Sorry I can't help I just thought I would mention this.I gave up growing them when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clear skies

garlic

First about the Garlic;Garlic needs a cold spell to split the clove otherwise you would get a bulb similar to an onion. This is why it is considered better to plant out at the end of the...
    First about the Garlic;Garlic needs a cold spell to split the clove otherwise you would get a bulb similar to an onion. This is why it is considered better to plant out at the end of the year.This is mine about 7-10 days ago;Regarding planting by the 'Moon phases' I had a mate who...
    First about the Garlic;Garlic needs a cold spell to split the clove otherwise you would get a bulb similar to an onion. This is why it is considered better to plant out at the end of the year.This is mine about 7-10 days ago;Regarding...
    First about the Garlic;Garlic needs a cold spell to split the clove otherwise you would get a bulb similar to an onion. This is why it is considered better to plant out at the end of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. David G

pumpkin seeds

Hi David,If you go into the muppets thread and scroll down until you come to Kandy's pumpkins and winners pumpkins you will see the sort of size and weight the twins might be able to grow their...
    Hi David,If you go into the muppets thread and scroll down until you come to Kandy's pumpkins and winners pumpkins you will see the sort of size and weight the twins might be able to grow their pumpkins to next yearGood Luck
    Hi David,If you go into the muppets thread and scroll down until you come to Kandy's pumpkins and winners pumpkins you will see the sort of size and weight the twins might be able to grow their pumpkins to next yearGood Luck
    Hi David,If you go into the muppets thread and scroll down until you come to Kandy's pumpkins and winners pumpkins you will see the sort of size and weight the twins might be able to grow their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Celia

pruning blackberries

I prune mine to 6 inches below ground level, they s till come up each year!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. badsal72

onions

This is a picture of mine taken last week they have been in since the first week in October;http://tinyurl.com/unup4
    This is a picture of mine taken last week they have been in since the first week in October;http://tinyurl.com/unup4
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. stannolly

blueberry

That's a really useful link, Miraflores. It's on my bookmark toolbar now! Thanks! :D The mind boggles at being able to grow somany blueberries you'd need one of those lovely devices! :eek:
    That's a really useful link, Miraflores. It's on my bookmark toolbar now! Thanks! :D The mind boggles at being able to grow somany blueberries you'd need one of those lovely devices! :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sawfish

Are mature runner beans edible

Dont worry ive eaten blue carrots
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rosietutu

Apples

Thanks for the info girls interesting site.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice