1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. shiney

Bugs on Runner beans - friend or foe

Might be a shield bug? Google it and see what you get.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. macleaf

Grapes

Macleaf ---- you are welcome :cool: M-Lhttp://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000423 [ 21. August 2006, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Mona Lisa ]
    Macleaf ---- you are welcome :cool: M-Lhttp://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000423 [ 21. August 2006, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Mona Lisa ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. barbaraanne

raspberries - i'm confused

Hello. I'm also growing raspberries for the first time this year and mine are the autumn fruiting variety. I only have two canes. One is about four foot high and fruiting well. The other has...
    Hello. I'm also growing raspberries for the first time this year and mine are the autumn fruiting variety. I only have two canes. One is about four foot high and fruiting well. The other has reached eight foot and not a flower in sight! They have both been treated exactly the same. Any idea...
    Hello. I'm also growing raspberries for the first time this year and mine are the autumn fruiting variety. I only have two canes. One is about four foot high and fruiting well. The other has reached eight foot and not a flower in sight! They...
    Hello. I'm also growing raspberries for the first time this year and mine are the autumn fruiting variety. I only have two canes. One is about four foot high and fruiting well. The other has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Albert Dyer

Spuds full of holes, My Veg is rubbish.

Most likely culprit is the keeled slug. They have been really bad this year in areas where there has not been enough rain. You often find wireworms or woodlice in the holes, but they are...
    Most likely culprit is the keeled slug. They have been really bad this year in areas where there has not been enough rain. You often find wireworms or woodlice in the holes, but they are secondary attackers who like the dampness. There is very little one can do about these underground living...
    Most likely culprit is the keeled slug. They have been really bad this year in areas where there has not been enough rain. You often find wireworms or woodlice in the holes, but they are secondary attackers who like the dampness. There is very...
    Most likely culprit is the keeled slug. They have been really bad this year in areas where there has not been enough rain. You often find wireworms or woodlice in the holes, but they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. timecharger

pumpkin leaves - going quite yellow

Yes please Rumple.I am growing "Hundredweight" for our local pumpkin competition,and they are being judged in October. Any advice would be gratefully recievedKandy
    Yes please Rumple.I am growing "Hundredweight" for our local pumpkin competition,and they are being judged in October. Any advice would be gratefully recievedKandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sparkle

passion fruit

Must also say, Sparkle, I've almost totally given up on the seed thing and pay that bit more for an "instant" plant ... worth it in the long run! :D
    Must also say, Sparkle, I've almost totally given up on the seed thing and pay that bit more for an "instant" plant ... worth it in the long run! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. nikkimatt

Fallen Plum Ripening

The placing of a banana or peach with other fruit to aid ripening is because they produce a large amout of ethanol as they ripen and ethanol is essential for the ripening of fruit. Nikimatt I...
    The placing of a banana or peach with other fruit to aid ripening is because they produce a large amout of ethanol as they ripen and ethanol is essential for the ripening of fruit. Nikimatt I think I answered this for you on the Beeb site.
    The placing of a banana or peach with other fruit to aid ripening is because they produce a large amout of ethanol as they ripen and ethanol is essential for the ripening of fruit. Nikimatt I think I answered this for you on the Beeb site.
    The placing of a banana or peach with other fruit to aid ripening is because they produce a large amout of ethanol as they ripen and ethanol is essential for the ripening of fruit. Nikimatt I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. macleaf

rhubarb

Hi all,can anyone tell me why my rhubarb has what appears black spots on the stems? :(
    Hi all,can anyone tell me why my rhubarb has what appears black spots on the stems? :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. auntie

sweet peppers

perhaps I'm not so far behind as I thought. last year I grew red grilling peppers and they were ready for eating in early august(outdoors that is)Perhaps its just the rubbish weather we had earlier
    perhaps I'm not so far behind as I thought. last year I grew red grilling peppers and they were ready for eating in early august(outdoors that is)Perhaps its just the rubbish weather we had earlier
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PJ

Pink Fir Apple Tatties- what to plant after main crops end in September?

Hi PJ I shall be planting spring greens. I sowed them last week and they are just poking through the compost so they'l be ready for planting by the time I take up the maincrop tatties.Big...
    Hi PJ I shall be planting spring greens. I sowed them last week and they are just poking through the compost so they'l be ready for planting by the time I take up the maincrop tatties.Big Thttp://brassicabill.blogspot.com
    Hi PJ I shall be planting spring greens. I sowed them last week and they are just poking through the compost so they'l be ready for planting by the time I take up the maincrop tatties.Big Thttp://brassicabill.blogspot.com
    Hi PJ I shall be planting spring greens. I sowed them last week and they are just poking through the compost so they'l be ready for planting by the time I take up the maincrop tatties.Big...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Deserter

Tomatoes gone beserk

Paladin, your plants look so healthy! I've just uprooted mine and chucked them, kept the four green tomatoes to ripen on the windowsill, however! :rolleyes:I read somewhere that they should...
    Paladin, your plants look so healthy! I've just uprooted mine and chucked them, kept the four green tomatoes to ripen on the windowsill, however! :rolleyes:I read somewhere that they should have at least six hours of sun every day ... six hours of my sun and the plants are crispy critters! ...
    Paladin, your plants look so healthy! I've just uprooted mine and chucked them, kept the four green tomatoes to ripen on the windowsill, however! :rolleyes:I read somewhere that they should have at least six hours of sun every day ... six...
    Paladin, your plants look so healthy! I've just uprooted mine and chucked them, kept the four green tomatoes to ripen on the windowsill, however! :rolleyes:I read somewhere that they should...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. MotherGoose

Tomatoes dropping off

Hello. My Dad's grown tomatoes for years, this year he gave me some of his plants and I've had no problems, however he has, the tomatoes have started to drop off, he can't touch the plants without...
    Hello. My Dad's grown tomatoes for years, this year he gave me some of his plants and I've had no problems, however he has, the tomatoes have started to drop off, he can't touch the plants without the unripe fruit dropping off. Any idea what's caused this?Mothergoose :confused:
    Hello. My Dad's grown tomatoes for years, this year he gave me some of his plants and I've had no problems, however he has, the tomatoes have started to drop off, he can't touch the plants without the unripe fruit dropping off. Any idea what's...
    Hello. My Dad's grown tomatoes for years, this year he gave me some of his plants and I've had no problems, however he has, the tomatoes have started to drop off, he can't touch the plants without...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kandy

pickling beetroot

Hi Big T.Thanks for your advice,we will try the sand idea. I don't have to worry about the taste of vinegar as I don't eat them myself.I got put off of them for life when the teachers at school...
    Hi Big T.Thanks for your advice,we will try the sand idea. I don't have to worry about the taste of vinegar as I don't eat them myself.I got put off of them for life when the teachers at school tried to force them down me at school dinnersKandy
    Hi Big T.Thanks for your advice,we will try the sand idea. I don't have to worry about the taste of vinegar as I don't eat them myself.I got put off of them for life when the teachers at school tried to force them down me at school dinnersKandy
    Hi Big T.Thanks for your advice,we will try the sand idea. I don't have to worry about the taste of vinegar as I don't eat them myself.I got put off of them for life when the teachers at school...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. gill.fr

Passionfruit

Caerulea as far as we are concerned in the UK is the most rampant, even here it can get out of control, as I believe a few others can in a milder climate, just wished I lived somewhere frost free....
    Caerulea as far as we are concerned in the UK is the most rampant, even here it can get out of control, as I believe a few others can in a milder climate, just wished I lived somewhere frost free. :D Dont know for sure,(and I stress this) but I dont think any passion fruit are poisonous, its...
    Caerulea as far as we are concerned in the UK is the most rampant, even here it can get out of control, as I believe a few others can in a milder climate, just wished I lived somewhere frost free. :D Dont know for sure,(and I stress this) but...
    Caerulea as far as we are concerned in the UK is the most rampant, even here it can get out of control, as I believe a few others can in a milder climate, just wished I lived somewhere frost free....
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Gogs

POT LEEKS

Hi Gogs, Can you recommend "a good breed" I normally grow Musselburgh and Lyon Prizetaker in the allotment, dibbled in about 6" and left alone. I presume that Pot Leeks will need some sort of tube...
    Hi Gogs, Can you recommend "a good breed" I normally grow Musselburgh and Lyon Prizetaker in the allotment, dibbled in about 6" and left alone. I presume that Pot Leeks will need some sort of tube to grow in? What would you recommend as a feed?Kind regardsBig T
    Hi Gogs, Can you recommend "a good breed" I normally grow Musselburgh and Lyon Prizetaker in the allotment, dibbled in about 6" and left alone. I presume that Pot Leeks will need some sort of tube to grow in? What would you recommend as a...
    Hi Gogs, Can you recommend "a good breed" I normally grow Musselburgh and Lyon Prizetaker in the allotment, dibbled in about 6" and left alone. I presume that Pot Leeks will need some sort of tube...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. frogesque

Odd tomato plants

l like mushy peas with sugar on
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. EP

Tomato plants question.

Hi EP and welcome to GC.The only suggestion I can give you for your indoor tomatoes is to try and spray the flowers with a fine mist of water,which will help the pollen to run.You could do with...
    Hi EP and welcome to GC.The only suggestion I can give you for your indoor tomatoes is to try and spray the flowers with a fine mist of water,which will help the pollen to run.You could do with some bees getting in to the greenhouse to do their work. Make sure to leave the door and windows open...
    Hi EP and welcome to GC.The only suggestion I can give you for your indoor tomatoes is to try and spray the flowers with a fine mist of water,which will help the pollen to run.You could do with some bees getting in to the greenhouse to do their...
    Hi EP and welcome to GC.The only suggestion I can give you for your indoor tomatoes is to try and spray the flowers with a fine mist of water,which will help the pollen to run.You could do with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. barbaraanne

Coriander Seeds

LOL - well its different :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. teajay

kidney bean flower drop.

Thanks BigT,Haven't tried that one yet, will next year. Using the same batch of plants my son has had a bumper crop, ( he grew sweet peas in with the beans ).DaveW, thanks for your reply,this is...
    Thanks BigT,Haven't tried that one yet, will next year. Using the same batch of plants my son has had a bumper crop, ( he grew sweet peas in with the beans ).DaveW, thanks for your reply,this is one of the experts advice I tried, did,nt work for me though.amongst the others tried is arthur...
    Thanks BigT,Haven't tried that one yet, will next year. Using the same batch of plants my son has had a bumper crop, ( he grew sweet peas in with the beans ).DaveW, thanks for your reply,this is one of the experts advice I tried, did,nt work...
    Thanks BigT,Haven't tried that one yet, will next year. Using the same batch of plants my son has had a bumper crop, ( he grew sweet peas in with the beans ).DaveW, thanks for your reply,this is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Freezing Fruit

Yes, this is my darling and guess what his name is? Gato! We brought him from Portugal 14 years ago as a baby. I'll put that story up in the Cats Corner soon.
    Yes, this is my darling and guess what his name is? Gato! We brought him from Portugal 14 years ago as a baby. I'll put that story up in the Cats Corner soon.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice