1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Liz

No Chinese artichokes

Thanks both! I'll try again next year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sawfish

strawberry sticks

Just compared the pictures I think you are right they don't look anything like the web site picture do theyB
    Just compared the pictures I think you are right they don't look anything like the web site picture do theyB
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. dominic

veg for winter

useful post - cheers supersprout, v helpful. didn't even realise this was possible...
    useful post - cheers supersprout, v helpful. didn't even realise this was possible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ken

new potatoes

My thanks to you all...no more Javelins then, I'll give Lady Christl a go next time...cheers big T. Ken.
    My thanks to you all...no more Javelins then, I'll give Lady Christl a go next time...cheers big T. Ken.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. shiney

Today's Crop

hi shiney,ohhhhh goody goody my very own plot, my supposed to be dwarf ones have grown massive, they must of put the wrong beans in the packet, the one with 8 beans grown in the hanging basket is...
    hi shiney,ohhhhh goody goody my very own plot, my supposed to be dwarf ones have grown massive, they must of put the wrong beans in the packet, the one with 8 beans grown in the hanging basket is not a bad size definately bigger than 18 inches and the other in a pot well thats definately not a...
    hi shiney,ohhhhh goody goody my very own plot, my supposed to be dwarf ones have grown massive, they must of put the wrong beans in the packet, the one with 8 beans grown in the hanging basket is not a bad size definately bigger than 18 inches...
    hi shiney,ohhhhh goody goody my very own plot, my supposed to be dwarf ones have grown massive, they must of put the wrong beans in the packet, the one with 8 beans grown in the hanging basket is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. barbaraanne

Potatoes for christmas

Thanks so much everyone. I will give them a go in some big boxes I have used to grow carrots. I can cover them and move them if necessary. Will let you know how successful they were.I knew...
    Thanks so much everyone. I will give them a go in some big boxes I have used to grow carrots. I can cover them and move them if necessary. Will let you know how successful they were.I knew you wouldn't let me down.b
    Thanks so much everyone. I will give them a go in some big boxes I have used to grow carrots. I can cover them and move them if necessary. Will let you know how successful they were.I knew you wouldn't let me down.b
    Thanks so much everyone. I will give them a go in some big boxes I have used to grow carrots. I can cover them and move them if necessary. Will let you know how successful they were.I knew...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Deserter

More fussing about aubergines

remove growing point when the plant is 12 inches high-stake stems.mist plants regularly to prevent red spider mite and encourage fruit set.when 5 fruits have formed remove lateral shoots and...
    remove growing point when the plant is 12 inches high-stake stems.mist plants regularly to prevent red spider mite and encourage fruit set.when 5 fruits have formed remove lateral shoots and remaining flowers.add a potassium-rich soluble fertilizer with each watering once the fruit have begun to...
    remove growing point when the plant is 12 inches high-stake stems.mist plants regularly to prevent red spider mite and encourage fruit set.when 5 fruits have formed remove lateral shoots and remaining flowers.add a potassium-rich soluble...
    remove growing point when the plant is 12 inches high-stake stems.mist plants regularly to prevent red spider mite and encourage fruit set.when 5 fruits have formed remove lateral shoots and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. macleaf

Walking stick cabbage

Interesting web site thanks LOL
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. David G

Chillies

Fancy, since that chili didn't come with a label, I have named it "Double Hot B**tard" because they're plenty hot :D
    Fancy, since that chili didn't come with a label, I have named it "Double Hot B**tard" because they're plenty hot :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. debs99

tomatoes just flowering

Hi Debs, we live a few hundred miles north of you and the outdoor toms have plenty green fruit on. We've grown Gardeners Delight outdoors for years and never failed to get a good crop. This year...
    Hi Debs, we live a few hundred miles north of you and the outdoor toms have plenty green fruit on. We've grown Gardeners Delight outdoors for years and never failed to get a good crop. This year they were sown on 2nd April and brought on in pots in the house before planting out in May in a bed...
    Hi Debs, we live a few hundred miles north of you and the outdoor toms have plenty green fruit on. We've grown Gardeners Delight outdoors for years and never failed to get a good crop. This year they were sown on 2nd April and brought on in pots...
    Hi Debs, we live a few hundred miles north of you and the outdoor toms have plenty green fruit on. We've grown Gardeners Delight outdoors for years and never failed to get a good crop. This year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. barbaraanne

Cutting back strawberry leaves

Just off out to do mine as well. At least it will tidy the lot up.Thanks for the adviceB
    Just off out to do mine as well. At least it will tidy the lot up.Thanks for the adviceB
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. windy miller
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sharon

rhubarb finished?

If l had feelings i could be hurt
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Albert Dyer

Summut wrong with me carrots!

I grow mine in tall drainage pipes and dont get bothered at all or earth them up until early june.
    I grow mine in tall drainage pipes and dont get bothered at all or earth them up until early june.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sawfish

Beanstick bothy

Albert Dyer I find the your idea of sitting in my beanstick bothy sipping cider most offensive............ I much prefer wheatbeer.
    Albert Dyer I find the your idea of sitting in my beanstick bothy sipping cider most offensive............ I much prefer wheatbeer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. The Ates

Courgette problems

If they are rotting from the flower end, then I reckon its pollenation problems, the heat shouldn't be a problem, they like it hot and wet. Even though you pick a courgette well before its...
    If they are rotting from the flower end, then I reckon its pollenation problems, the heat shouldn't be a problem, they like it hot and wet. Even though you pick a courgette well before its mature, ie. a marrow, it still needs to be pollenated.
    If they are rotting from the flower end, then I reckon its pollenation problems, the heat shouldn't be a problem, they like it hot and wet. Even though you pick a courgette well before its mature, ie. a marrow, it still needs to be pollenated.
    If they are rotting from the flower end, then I reckon its pollenation problems, the heat shouldn't be a problem, they like it hot and wet. Even though you pick a courgette well before its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Clematis

RUNNER BEANS

hi kandyfloss, Iff you have problems i will transfer it into my pictures for future use, i am in the middle of tonging my hair and twiddling on this computer at the same time. :D
    hi kandyfloss, Iff you have problems i will transfer it into my pictures for future use, i am in the middle of tonging my hair and twiddling on this computer at the same time. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fee

Strawberrys for Next Summer

I have an alpine which fruits for months (still fruiting now). I have royal sovereign, not a big cropper, but the most delicious fruit. I also have cambridge favourite. Better cropper, lighter...
    I have an alpine which fruits for months (still fruiting now). I have royal sovereign, not a big cropper, but the most delicious fruit. I also have cambridge favourite. Better cropper, lighter taste. In the expert series (books by Hessayon), there is a fruit expert and it explains the majority...
    I have an alpine which fruits for months (still fruiting now). I have royal sovereign, not a big cropper, but the most delicious fruit. I also have cambridge favourite. Better cropper, lighter taste. In the expert series (books by Hessayon),...
    I have an alpine which fruits for months (still fruiting now). I have royal sovereign, not a big cropper, but the most delicious fruit. I also have cambridge favourite. Better cropper, lighter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. David G

Cucumbers

Hi AllAfter a mass of Cucumbers a short while ago things have pretty much stopped in the greenhouse, a few Cucumbers did start to go yellow so I have removed them and they did taste a bit...
    Hi AllAfter a mass of Cucumbers a short while ago things have pretty much stopped in the greenhouse, a few Cucumbers did start to go yellow so I have removed them and they did taste a bit bitter. The leaves have gone yellow will I get any more Cucumbers or shall I put the old plants in the...
    Hi AllAfter a mass of Cucumbers a short while ago things have pretty much stopped in the greenhouse, a few Cucumbers did start to go yellow so I have removed them and they did taste a bit bitter. The leaves have gone yellow will I get any more...
    Hi AllAfter a mass of Cucumbers a short while ago things have pretty much stopped in the greenhouse, a few Cucumbers did start to go yellow so I have removed them and they did taste a bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. macleaf

medlar

Thanks Guys
    Thanks Guys
    Thanks Guys
    Thanks Guys
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice