1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. The Ates

Courgette problems

If they are rotting from the flower end, then I reckon its pollenation problems, the heat shouldn't be a problem, they like it hot and wet. Even though you pick a courgette well before its...
    If they are rotting from the flower end, then I reckon its pollenation problems, the heat shouldn't be a problem, they like it hot and wet. Even though you pick a courgette well before its mature, ie. a marrow, it still needs to be pollenated.
    If they are rotting from the flower end, then I reckon its pollenation problems, the heat shouldn't be a problem, they like it hot and wet. Even though you pick a courgette well before its mature, ie. a marrow, it still needs to be pollenated.
    If they are rotting from the flower end, then I reckon its pollenation problems, the heat shouldn't be a problem, they like it hot and wet. Even though you pick a courgette well before its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Clematis

RUNNER BEANS

hi kandyfloss, Iff you have problems i will transfer it into my pictures for future use, i am in the middle of tonging my hair and twiddling on this computer at the same time. :D
    hi kandyfloss, Iff you have problems i will transfer it into my pictures for future use, i am in the middle of tonging my hair and twiddling on this computer at the same time. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fee

Strawberrys for Next Summer

I have an alpine which fruits for months (still fruiting now). I have royal sovereign, not a big cropper, but the most delicious fruit. I also have cambridge favourite. Better cropper, lighter...
    I have an alpine which fruits for months (still fruiting now). I have royal sovereign, not a big cropper, but the most delicious fruit. I also have cambridge favourite. Better cropper, lighter taste. In the expert series (books by Hessayon), there is a fruit expert and it explains the majority...
    I have an alpine which fruits for months (still fruiting now). I have royal sovereign, not a big cropper, but the most delicious fruit. I also have cambridge favourite. Better cropper, lighter taste. In the expert series (books by Hessayon),...
    I have an alpine which fruits for months (still fruiting now). I have royal sovereign, not a big cropper, but the most delicious fruit. I also have cambridge favourite. Better cropper, lighter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. David G

Cucumbers

Hi AllAfter a mass of Cucumbers a short while ago things have pretty much stopped in the greenhouse, a few Cucumbers did start to go yellow so I have removed them and they did taste a bit...
    Hi AllAfter a mass of Cucumbers a short while ago things have pretty much stopped in the greenhouse, a few Cucumbers did start to go yellow so I have removed them and they did taste a bit bitter. The leaves have gone yellow will I get any more Cucumbers or shall I put the old plants in the...
    Hi AllAfter a mass of Cucumbers a short while ago things have pretty much stopped in the greenhouse, a few Cucumbers did start to go yellow so I have removed them and they did taste a bit bitter. The leaves have gone yellow will I get any more...
    Hi AllAfter a mass of Cucumbers a short while ago things have pretty much stopped in the greenhouse, a few Cucumbers did start to go yellow so I have removed them and they did taste a bit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. macleaf

medlar

Thanks Guys
    Thanks Guys
    Thanks Guys
    Thanks Guys
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. frogesque

Saving Tomato Seeds

Hi Frogesque, If you have a greenhouse just keep one of the mature fruits and let it dry out naturally. When it is dry remove the seeds and keep in a dry dark place until next spring....
    Hi Frogesque, If you have a greenhouse just keep one of the mature fruits and let it dry out naturally. When it is dry remove the seeds and keep in a dry dark place until next spring. Alternatively, you can sow a mature tomato, whole, in a large pot of dry compost, keep it dry and don't water it...
    Hi Frogesque, If you have a greenhouse just keep one of the mature fruits and let it dry out naturally. When it is dry remove the seeds and keep in a dry dark place until next spring. Alternatively, you can sow a mature tomato, whole, in a large...
    Hi Frogesque, If you have a greenhouse just keep one of the mature fruits and let it dry out naturally. When it is dry remove the seeds and keep in a dry dark place until next spring....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Albert Dyer

Tomatos have rotted

I hates cats got no respect for nuffin yet people always feed em an make their comfort, one diggin in my patch last week for a turn out, i throw old bike at him but miss and smash up glass in...
    I hates cats got no respect for nuffin yet people always feed em an make their comfort, one diggin in my patch last week for a turn out, i throw old bike at him but miss and smash up glass in greenouse instead, Bloomin thing.
    I hates cats got no respect for nuffin yet people always feed em an make their comfort, one diggin in my patch last week for a turn out, i throw old bike at him but miss and smash up glass in greenouse instead, Bloomin thing.
    I hates cats got no respect for nuffin yet people always feed em an make their comfort, one diggin in my patch last week for a turn out, i throw old bike at him but miss and smash up glass in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. sparkle

my first toms

Just had the first fruit from my 'Dolce Rosso' [grown from Morrisons' tomato of that name]. At last a proper tomato taste. I'll concentrate on that next year for small tomatos. Dag, what a...
    Just had the first fruit from my 'Dolce Rosso' [grown from Morrisons' tomato of that name]. At last a proper tomato taste. I'll concentrate on that next year for small tomatos. Dag, what a beautiful crop! Rosa, I think you've said you get bees on your balcony, so if you've got flowers the...
    Just had the first fruit from my 'Dolce Rosso' [grown from Morrisons' tomato of that name]. At last a proper tomato taste. I'll concentrate on that next year for small tomatos. Dag, what a beautiful crop! Rosa, I think you've said you get bees on...
    Just had the first fruit from my 'Dolce Rosso' [grown from Morrisons' tomato of that name]. At last a proper tomato taste. I'll concentrate on that next year for small tomatos. Dag, what a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. marge

Basil

Hi Marge,I had quite good success this year so far with Basil so here's what I did (in case it's some help)In the greenhouse; seeds sown in individual plug trays and watered to start them off,...
    Hi Marge,I had quite good success this year so far with Basil so here's what I did (in case it's some help)In the greenhouse; seeds sown in individual plug trays and watered to start them off, but then not again until they germinated and I could see shoots. I did however make sure to not let...
    Hi Marge,I had quite good success this year so far with Basil so here's what I did (in case it's some help)In the greenhouse; seeds sown in individual plug trays and watered to start them off, but then not again until they germinated and I...
    Hi Marge,I had quite good success this year so far with Basil so here's what I did (in case it's some help)In the greenhouse; seeds sown in individual plug trays and watered to start them off,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sprout

Beetroots

Wife and I like to pickle anything we can get our hands on and beetroot should taste good after 2 months or so and last for months after that. They would make great Xmas presents this year in a...
    Wife and I like to pickle anything we can get our hands on and beetroot should taste good after 2 months or so and last for months after that. They would make great Xmas presents this year in a small decorative jar.
    Wife and I like to pickle anything we can get our hands on and beetroot should taste good after 2 months or so and last for months after that. They would make great Xmas presents this year in a small decorative jar.
    Wife and I like to pickle anything we can get our hands on and beetroot should taste good after 2 months or so and last for months after that. They would make great Xmas presents this year in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stingo

Basil annual or not?

Thanks pete and wildflower, I thought so too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Black Cat

Chilli's

HI Blackcat look at chillies (davidguy) should help. what is the length, shape and size of the chillies
    HI Blackcat look at chillies (davidguy) should help. what is the length, shape and size of the chillies
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. chrispt

squash and french beans

Hi Chrispt! The most likely reason for the split in the squash is irregular watering - drying out and then getting a good soak. Toms react in the same way. I feed my squash plants with tomato...
    Hi Chrispt! The most likely reason for the split in the squash is irregular watering - drying out and then getting a good soak. Toms react in the same way. I feed my squash plants with tomato fertiliser.Your french beans may well be finished - if you've been cropping them for a week or two....
    Hi Chrispt! The most likely reason for the split in the squash is irregular watering - drying out and then getting a good soak. Toms react in the same way. I feed my squash plants with tomato fertiliser.Your french beans may well be finished -...
    Hi Chrispt! The most likely reason for the split in the squash is irregular watering - drying out and then getting a good soak. Toms react in the same way. I feed my squash plants with tomato...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. love-japanese-gardens

Help - Dwarf Lemon Bush Sunburnt

I had a small orange tree (grown form a pip last year) and it got so badly sunburnt when I put it outside that it lost every leaf. It's been recuperating in the greenhouse in the shade between the...
    I had a small orange tree (grown form a pip last year) and it got so badly sunburnt when I put it outside that it lost every leaf. It's been recuperating in the greenhouse in the shade between the tomato plants and it's slowly begining to put on new leaf.Don't overwater if there's a lot of...
    I had a small orange tree (grown form a pip last year) and it got so badly sunburnt when I put it outside that it lost every leaf. It's been recuperating in the greenhouse in the shade between the tomato plants and it's slowly begining to put on...
    I had a small orange tree (grown form a pip last year) and it got so badly sunburnt when I put it outside that it lost every leaf. It's been recuperating in the greenhouse in the shade between the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tintin

Dying Cucumber

I grow outdoor cucumbers, burpless tasty green. I have a bottle spike to water them right down to the roots. The plants are trained upwards. So far good healthy plants which are cropping well.Good...
    I grow outdoor cucumbers, burpless tasty green. I have a bottle spike to water them right down to the roots. The plants are trained upwards. So far good healthy plants which are cropping well.Good ventilation is vital because they are prone to fungal infections. I would recommend getting rid of...
    I grow outdoor cucumbers, burpless tasty green. I have a bottle spike to water them right down to the roots. The plants are trained upwards. So far good healthy plants which are cropping well.Good ventilation is vital because they are prone to...
    I grow outdoor cucumbers, burpless tasty green. I have a bottle spike to water them right down to the roots. The plants are trained upwards. So far good healthy plants which are cropping well.Good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. eden

spiky cucumbers

hiya guy's, i've also done cucumbers this year, and they are also spikey, but this is because they are suppose to be, the variety i have grown are marketmore, a variety from the alan titchmarch...
    hiya guy's, i've also done cucumbers this year, and they are also spikey, but this is because they are suppose to be, the variety i have grown are marketmore, a variety from the alan titchmarch collection, it's easy to spot the difference between male and female, wait until the flower has opened...
    hiya guy's, i've also done cucumbers this year, and they are also spikey, but this is because they are suppose to be, the variety i have grown are marketmore, a variety from the alan titchmarch collection, it's easy to spot the difference between...
    hiya guy's, i've also done cucumbers this year, and they are also spikey, but this is because they are suppose to be, the variety i have grown are marketmore, a variety from the alan titchmarch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wildflower

bluebery bush..

Why is my one blueberry bush dying. Could it be from ants. I have three in pots
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Stingo

Basil

Re the super market herbs, I bought Coriander I divided it up planted it outside and it grew likw crazy to 3 ft tall I have now pulled it up and drying what looks like a bumper crop of seeds I...
    Re the super market herbs, I bought Coriander I divided it up planted it outside and it grew likw crazy to 3 ft tall I have now pulled it up and drying what looks like a bumper crop of seeds I will probably grind them up in the coffee grinder they smell wonderful just drying.
    Re the super market herbs, I bought Coriander I divided it up planted it outside and it grew likw crazy to 3 ft tall I have now pulled it up and drying what looks like a bumper crop of seeds I will probably grind them up in the coffee grinder...
    Re the super market herbs, I bought Coriander I divided it up planted it outside and it grew likw crazy to 3 ft tall I have now pulled it up and drying what looks like a bumper crop of seeds I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Cardy Gardener

Salting Runner Beans

We gave up with blanching,drying,open freezing them years ago.Life is too short for that palarvarJust shows how time has stood still here ! ;)
    We gave up with blanching,drying,open freezing them years ago.Life is too short for that palarvarJust shows how time has stood still here ! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. tuttifrutti

Pink fir apple Pots died back

Yes I agree pete, I thought that if the problem was lack of water there might still be some life left in plants! I am growing some potatos this year for my daughter, but normally only bother with...
    Yes I agree pete, I thought that if the problem was lack of water there might still be some life left in plants! I am growing some potatos this year for my daughter, but normally only bother with a few pnk fir apples for salads.
    Yes I agree pete, I thought that if the problem was lack of water there might still be some life left in plants! I am growing some potatos this year for my daughter, but normally only bother with a few pnk fir apples for salads.
    Yes I agree pete, I thought that if the problem was lack of water there might still be some life left in plants! I am growing some potatos this year for my daughter, but normally only bother with...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice