1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Sargan

Onions & Garlic leaves going yellow

do you have a strawberry plant bottom right ?its the watering as you have mentioned , downside of them not growing evenly it stresses the plant out and you may have more that want to flower in...
    do you have a strawberry plant bottom right ?its the watering as you have mentioned , downside of them not growing evenly it stresses the plant out and you may have more that want to flower in the summer ..if they do just nip the bud off .Also I would use a water based feed that has quick...
    do you have a strawberry plant bottom right ?its the watering as you have mentioned , downside of them not growing evenly it stresses the plant out and you may have more that want to flower in the summer ..if they do just nip the bud off .Also...
    do you have a strawberry plant bottom right ?its the watering as you have mentioned , downside of them not growing evenly it stresses the plant out and you may have more that want to flower in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Selleri

Cucumber seedlings- planting deeper or not?

Thanks for your advise, I decided to plant half of the seedlings a bit deeper and half in the same depth. Both versions have been successful :scratch:Next question :): What do I do with the flowers? I'm a...
    Thanks for your advise, I decided to plant half of the seedlings a bit deeper and half in the same depth. Both versions have been successful :scratch:Next question :): What do I do with the flowers? I'm a cucumber newbie and can't decide if these should be removed, left alone, or hand pollinated now that...
    Thanks for your advise, I decided to plant half of the seedlings a bit deeper and half in the same depth. Both versions have been successful :scratch:Next question :): What do I do with the flowers? I'm a cucumber newbie and can't decide if these should...
    Thanks for your advise, I decided to plant half of the seedlings a bit deeper and half in the same depth. Both versions have been successful :scratch:Next question :): What do I do with the flowers? I'm a...
    cucumbers.jpg kurkku.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ARMANDII

VEGETABLE GROWING 2020

New Thread Here:-Vegetable Growing 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sargan

Dealing with wind damage

How deep are they, going by the photo it's difficult to see but maybe planted too shallow.
    How deep are they, going by the photo it's difficult to see but maybe planted too shallow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Nikos Koukos

Refreshing soil after winter

Hi both.Thanks so much for the reply. I am way into the season now and decided to go for a basic replenishment using some rock dust and some organic chicken manure. I let this rest and then...
    Hi both.Thanks so much for the reply. I am way into the season now and decided to go for a basic replenishment using some rock dust and some organic chicken manure. I let this rest and then after a week or so I added a couple inch layer of compost including homemade compost. I've since seeded...
    Hi both.Thanks so much for the reply. I am way into the season now and decided to go for a basic replenishment using some rock dust and some organic chicken manure. I let this rest and then after a week or so I added a couple inch layer of...
    Hi both.Thanks so much for the reply. I am way into the season now and decided to go for a basic replenishment using some rock dust and some organic chicken manure. I let this rest and then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK

Which Blueberries to grow ?

A lot of self-pollinating plants still can be improved by planting a suitable partner nearby to increase the yield. I would even suggest to plant a different variant that's compatible (same...
    A lot of self-pollinating plants still can be improved by planting a suitable partner nearby to increase the yield. I would even suggest to plant a different variant that's compatible (same blooming time and compatible genome). This I because lots of plants are "made" by dividing them. So...
    A lot of self-pollinating plants still can be improved by planting a suitable partner nearby to increase the yield. I would even suggest to plant a different variant that's compatible (same blooming time and compatible genome). This I because...
    A lot of self-pollinating plants still can be improved by planting a suitable partner nearby to increase the yield. I would even suggest to plant a different variant that's compatible (same...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. shiney
    Like x 10

Runner Bean Trials

Mrs Shiney is a Star:wub2:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. FrancescaH

Wilting raspberry canes

I'd try a one off sequested iron feed first, it should green up the foliage. Then for the rest of the season just a balanced feed should be ok.
    I'd try a one off sequested iron feed first, it should green up the foliage. Then for the rest of the season just a balanced feed should be ok.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. FrancescaH

Cucumbers dying, where did I go wrong?

In the right conditions seeds can survive for over 20 years. One of the longest scientific experiments has proven that that plants seeds can survive and germinate successfully after 142 years and...
    In the right conditions seeds can survive for over 20 years. One of the longest scientific experiments has proven that that plants seeds can survive and germinate successfully after 142 years and countingDont forget plants were here first. And will continue to be here after we destroy...
    In the right conditions seeds can survive for over 20 years. One of the longest scientific experiments has proven that that plants seeds can survive and germinate successfully after 142 years and countingDont forget plants were here first. And...
    In the right conditions seeds can survive for over 20 years. One of the longest scientific experiments has proven that that plants seeds can survive and germinate successfully after 142 years and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. eddybaby
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. misterQ

Post pictures of your radishes here...

Hi @misterQ thank you. It was very exciting to harvest them today. (My first since having a allotment) I'm not 100% sure which they are as I have planted Cherrybelle and Sparkler. Both are ready...
    Hi @misterQ thank you. It was very exciting to harvest them today. (My first since having a allotment) I'm not 100% sure which they are as I have planted Cherrybelle and Sparkler. Both are ready for harvesting but I forgot to check my labels before taking these out. Too excited :heehee:
    Hi @misterQ thank you. It was very exciting to harvest them today. (My first since having a allotment) I'm not 100% sure which they are as I have planted Cherrybelle and Sparkler. Both are ready for harvesting but I forgot to check my labels...
    Hi @misterQ thank you. It was very exciting to harvest them today. (My first since having a allotment) I'm not 100% sure which they are as I have planted Cherrybelle and Sparkler. Both are ready...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Charlie Sinclair

Pepper plants mouldy compost

That is a decent mix
    That is a decent mix
    That is a decent mix
    That is a decent mix
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. FrancescaH

Blackfly on tomatoes

Quite often black fly get caught on the hairs on tomatoes, they are slightly sticky. I think the black fly mostly starve, but just stay there in the hairs.
    Quite often black fly get caught on the hairs on tomatoes, they are slightly sticky. I think the black fly mostly starve, but just stay there in the hairs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Welshman

Brassicas

This is my current structure……but having read a lot online about people growing in greenhouse and polly’s all year round and without bug and pest issues, i thought i would ask here if anyone does...
    This is my current structure……but having read a lot online about people growing in greenhouse and polly’s all year round and without bug and pest issues, i thought i would ask here if anyone does this
    This is my current structure……but having read a lot online about people growing in greenhouse and polly’s all year round and without bug and pest issues, i thought i would ask here if anyone does this
    This is my current structure……but having read a lot online about people growing in greenhouse and polly’s all year round and without bug and pest issues, i thought i would ask here if anyone does...
    B28D655D-70D4-40F6-8FEF-0748677B8169.jpeg B474EB89-8AF8-413B-A869-072302571DA1.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mazambo

Starting with herbs.

Chives and Parsley grow in ordinary soil no problem, Mint needs a bit of well rotted manure as well. For pots I would suggest a soil based compost like John Innes 3 for the above. For basil I use...
    Chives and Parsley grow in ordinary soil no problem, Mint needs a bit of well rotted manure as well. For pots I would suggest a soil based compost like John Innes 3 for the above. For basil I use a peat based MPC and keep it in full sun and well watered.
    Chives and Parsley grow in ordinary soil no problem, Mint needs a bit of well rotted manure as well. For pots I would suggest a soil based compost like John Innes 3 for the above. For basil I use a peat based MPC and keep it in full sun and well...
    Chives and Parsley grow in ordinary soil no problem, Mint needs a bit of well rotted manure as well. For pots I would suggest a soil based compost like John Innes 3 for the above. For basil I use...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Vicym

Radish heartbreak

The ones you have pulled may be young enough to use in a salad, like micro shoots, as they say all parts of the plant is edible, but the older leaves can become too tough to be eaten raw.They...
    The ones you have pulled may be young enough to use in a salad, like micro shoots, as they say all parts of the plant is edible, but the older leaves can become too tough to be eaten raw.They can grow to about 60cm high, but by then the 'bulb' has often become too woody to eat. You will soon...
    The ones you have pulled may be young enough to use in a salad, like micro shoots, as they say all parts of the plant is edible, but the older leaves can become too tough to be eaten raw.They can grow to about 60cm high, but by then the 'bulb'...
    The ones you have pulled may be young enough to use in a salad, like micro shoots, as they say all parts of the plant is edible, but the older leaves can become too tough to be eaten raw.They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Finngal

Strawberries from seeds

Hi, I sewed my seeds back in late march early April, i transferred them into pots mid May & into the greenhouse, i know have 12 good size plants with runners sprouting everywhere & one has a...
    Hi, I sewed my seeds back in late march early April, i transferred them into pots mid May & into the greenhouse, i know have 12 good size plants with runners sprouting everywhere & one has a flower with what I think is my first strawberry in the centre, I am now clipping the runners &...
    Hi, I sewed my seeds back in late march early April, i transferred them into pots mid May & into the greenhouse, i know have 12 good size plants with runners sprouting everywhere & one has a flower with what I think is my first strawberry in the...
    Hi, I sewed my seeds back in late march early April, i transferred them into pots mid May & into the greenhouse, i know have 12 good size plants with runners sprouting everywhere & one has a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Black Dog

Pruning a fast growing Mirabelle Plum (Mirabelle of Nancy)

I suppose you can prune it as often as you like, you are unlikely to damage the tree. I'm just wondering what rootstock it's on because 250cm is a lot of growth for a tree on a dwarfing rootstock...
    I suppose you can prune it as often as you like, you are unlikely to damage the tree. I'm just wondering what rootstock it's on because 250cm is a lot of growth for a tree on a dwarfing rootstock (like Pixy) to make in a season even on a semi dwarfing rootstock like St Julien A it sounds a lot...
    I suppose you can prune it as often as you like, you are unlikely to damage the tree. I'm just wondering what rootstock it's on because 250cm is a lot of growth for a tree on a dwarfing rootstock (like Pixy) to make in a season even on a semi ...
    I suppose you can prune it as often as you like, you are unlikely to damage the tree. I'm just wondering what rootstock it's on because 250cm is a lot of growth for a tree on a dwarfing rootstock...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Shaneoak

Sucker branch?

Usually if its grafted there is a definite lump at some point on the stem, and usually there is a clear length of stem. I think you might have a cutting.The browning on the leaf sounds like...
    Usually if its grafted there is a definite lump at some point on the stem, and usually there is a clear length of stem. I think you might have a cutting.The browning on the leaf sounds like some kind moth damage from last year.
    Usually if its grafted there is a definite lump at some point on the stem, and usually there is a clear length of stem. I think you might have a cutting.The browning on the leaf sounds like some kind moth damage from last year.
    Usually if its grafted there is a definite lump at some point on the stem, and usually there is a clear length of stem. I think you might have a cutting.The browning on the leaf sounds like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jowo

Onion bolting

Thanks all.. Monty mentioned it on 'Jobs to do this weekend' so I'm gathering its quite a common occurrence. I tried the stalk and they are actually delicious! Very sweet so they won't go to waste
    Thanks all.. Monty mentioned it on 'Jobs to do this weekend' so I'm gathering its quite a common occurrence. I tried the stalk and they are actually delicious! Very sweet so they won't go to waste
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice