1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Stingo

Basil

Re the super market herbs, I bought Coriander I divided it up planted it outside and it grew likw crazy to 3 ft tall I have now pulled it up and drying what looks like a bumper crop of seeds I...
    Re the super market herbs, I bought Coriander I divided it up planted it outside and it grew likw crazy to 3 ft tall I have now pulled it up and drying what looks like a bumper crop of seeds I will probably grind them up in the coffee grinder they smell wonderful just drying.
    Re the super market herbs, I bought Coriander I divided it up planted it outside and it grew likw crazy to 3 ft tall I have now pulled it up and drying what looks like a bumper crop of seeds I will probably grind them up in the coffee grinder...
    Re the super market herbs, I bought Coriander I divided it up planted it outside and it grew likw crazy to 3 ft tall I have now pulled it up and drying what looks like a bumper crop of seeds I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sparkle

sick courgette

this sounds very likely actually, the lower leaves have all but died off and the ones higher up and starting to turn yellow and there are brown streaks on the stems. Is it a fungal disease?
    this sounds very likely actually, the lower leaves have all but died off and the ones higher up and starting to turn yellow and there are brown streaks on the stems. Is it a fungal disease?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. cathysue

Courgettes, squashes and runner beans

Mmmm, I love courgettes, I could eat them every day! Mine are just starting to grow now and Im all excited, they're about 3 inches long.
    Mmmm, I love courgettes, I could eat them every day! Mine are just starting to grow now and Im all excited, they're about 3 inches long.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Liz

No Chinese artichokes

Thanks both! I'll try again next year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Liz

tomatillo trouble?

Right! I will try it- thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Neil

tomatoes

Once the tomatoes have started getting a hint of red on them (too early for that at the moment) I always remove the leaves below them - for the same reason that DAG has said. it seems to keep the...
    Once the tomatoes have started getting a hint of red on them (too early for that at the moment) I always remove the leaves below them - for the same reason that DAG has said. it seems to keep the plants healthy for longer and makes it easier to pick the fruit. By the end of the season there is...
    Once the tomatoes have started getting a hint of red on them (too early for that at the moment) I always remove the leaves below them - for the same reason that DAG has said. it seems to keep the plants healthy for longer and makes it easier to...
    Once the tomatoes have started getting a hint of red on them (too early for that at the moment) I always remove the leaves below them - for the same reason that DAG has said. it seems to keep the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. garden angel

edible gardening

thanks for the advice look forward to some healthy new plants hopefuly
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. David G

Chillies

Fancy, since that chili didn't come with a label, I have named it "Double Hot B**tard" because they're plenty hot :D
    Fancy, since that chili didn't come with a label, I have named it "Double Hot B**tard" because they're plenty hot :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Orchid man

melen flowers

thanks dudes.
    thanks dudes.
    thanks dudes.
    thanks dudes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. stannolly

Tomatoes

I have gardeners delight and money maker couple in my hanging baskets they are growing but doing nothing at present the others i have staked ,fed them with tomato feed but i blame our weather here...
    I have gardeners delight and money maker couple in my hanging baskets they are growing but doing nothing at present the others i have staked ,fed them with tomato feed but i blame our weather here in the north east it has been windy and dull, we have had a couple of warm sunny days but i reckon...
    I have gardeners delight and money maker couple in my hanging baskets they are growing but doing nothing at present the others i have staked ,fed them with tomato feed but i blame our weather here in the north east it has been windy and dull, we...
    I have gardeners delight and money maker couple in my hanging baskets they are growing but doing nothing at present the others i have staked ,fed them with tomato feed but i blame our weather here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jay

Coriander

If you gently crush the seeds they will genminate easier. Sow 4in deep, then thin to 4inch apart,dont transplant and keep well water, harvest when 6in I grow mine in a trough.Try here ...
    If you gently crush the seeds they will genminate easier. Sow 4in deep, then thin to 4inch apart,dont transplant and keep well water, harvest when 6in I grow mine in a trough.Try here htt://www.ehow.com/
    If you gently crush the seeds they will genminate easier. Sow 4in deep, then thin to 4inch apart,dont transplant and keep well water, harvest when 6in I grow mine in a trough.Try here htt://www.ehow.com/
    If you gently crush the seeds they will genminate easier. Sow 4in deep, then thin to 4inch apart,dont transplant and keep well water, harvest when 6in I grow mine in a trough.Try here ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. angelad

Rockett salad

I'm with Hornbeam here - plenty of water are (touchwood) keeping mine going ok. They are quite bitter/peppery though, which I understand is from the hot weather.Try growing sunflowers in front...
    I'm with Hornbeam here - plenty of water are (touchwood) keeping mine going ok. They are quite bitter/peppery though, which I understand is from the hot weather.Try growing sunflowers in front of them for some shade?
    I'm with Hornbeam here - plenty of water are (touchwood) keeping mine going ok. They are quite bitter/peppery though, which I understand is from the hot weather.Try growing sunflowers in front of them for some shade?
    I'm with Hornbeam here - plenty of water are (touchwood) keeping mine going ok. They are quite bitter/peppery though, which I understand is from the hot weather.Try growing sunflowers in front...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. badsal72

cranberries

Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. I am now going to dig them up again and put them in a nice container with ericaceous compost and at least give them a chance to thrive. I will let you...
    Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. I am now going to dig them up again and put them in a nice container with ericaceous compost and at least give them a chance to thrive. I will let you know if they produce fruit!!
    Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. I am now going to dig them up again and put them in a nice container with ericaceous compost and at least give them a chance to thrive. I will let you know if they produce fruit!!
    Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. I am now going to dig them up again and put them in a nice container with ericaceous compost and at least give them a chance to thrive. I will let you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Deserter

More Aubergine / Tomato Questions

Thanks all - I've brought the tomatoes out as they get tall, and planted in growbags once they've started to flower, and that seems to be having some success. The aubergines are still in the...
    Thanks all - I've brought the tomatoes out as they get tall, and planted in growbags once they've started to flower, and that seems to be having some success. The aubergines are still in the greenhouse, which I've kept closed (I've only just seen this thread), but have been watering up to twice...
    Thanks all - I've brought the tomatoes out as they get tall, and planted in growbags once they've started to flower, and that seems to be having some success. The aubergines are still in the greenhouse, which I've kept closed (I've only just seen...
    Thanks all - I've brought the tomatoes out as they get tall, and planted in growbags once they've started to flower, and that seems to be having some success. The aubergines are still in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ohbe

aubergines

Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy...
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy looking flowers. Liz
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy looking flowers. Liz
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. fusspot

squash

dear supersprout thank you for your reply most appreciated it is my first attempt at growing a butternut so i will keep my fingers crossed from fusspot
    dear supersprout thank you for your reply most appreciated it is my first attempt at growing a butternut so i will keep my fingers crossed from fusspot
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Tracey Jones

Bolivian Chilli Plant

Tracy, another site you might take a look at http://www.readytogrow.co.uk/seeds/e_Bolivian_Rainbow_Chilli.html
    Tracy, another site you might take a look at http://www.readytogrow.co.uk/seeds/e_Bolivian_Rainbow_Chilli.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Strawberries, again ...

... best cultivation and care advice needed, please. I have had "normal" strawberries in a strawberry pot for several years and they do fine, let me know when they are thirty by drooping a bit. ...
    ... best cultivation and care advice needed, please. I have had "normal" strawberries in a strawberry pot for several years and they do fine, let me know when they are thirty by drooping a bit. However, recently I bought a Fragoo, this pink flowered, large / heavy fruiting variety for hanging...
    ... best cultivation and care advice needed, please. I have had "normal" strawberries in a strawberry pot for several years and they do fine, let me know when they are thirty by drooping a bit. However, recently I bought a Fragoo, this pink...
    ... best cultivation and care advice needed, please. I have had "normal" strawberries in a strawberry pot for several years and they do fine, let me know when they are thirty by drooping a bit. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. FrancesB

planting leeks

You'll certainly need to split the clump as leeks are quite hungry feeders and also need space. You might get away with potting them, but it would be a lot of work for a fairly small return....
    You'll certainly need to split the clump as leeks are quite hungry feeders and also need space. You might get away with potting them, but it would be a lot of work for a fairly small return. Making a bunny-proof patch in the garden would be worth thinking about.
    You'll certainly need to split the clump as leeks are quite hungry feeders and also need space. You might get away with potting them, but it would be a lot of work for a fairly small return. Making a bunny-proof patch in the garden would be worth...
    You'll certainly need to split the clump as leeks are quite hungry feeders and also need space. You might get away with potting them, but it would be a lot of work for a fairly small return....
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Beefy

Growing grapes inside

just to let you know the winds have died down after 4 days its raining now, have lost a few bedding plants but the vine is ok rosa
    just to let you know the winds have died down after 4 days its raining now, have lost a few bedding plants but the vine is ok rosa
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice