1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Beefy

Growing grapes inside

just to let you know the winds have died down after 4 days its raining now, have lost a few bedding plants but the vine is ok rosa
    just to let you know the winds have died down after 4 days its raining now, have lost a few bedding plants but the vine is ok rosa
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rich

Skunk cabbage

Oops, wrong thread.
    Oops, wrong thread.
    Oops, wrong thread.
    Oops, wrong thread.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. kaptainzep

Something attacking my tomato Plants

Are the leaves wilting or just being attacked... as I am having bother too with my Toms
    Are the leaves wilting or just being attacked... as I am having bother too with my Toms
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Orchid man

melen flowers

thanks dudes.
    thanks dudes.
    thanks dudes.
    thanks dudes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. badsal72

cranberries

Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. I am now going to dig them up again and put them in a nice container with ericaceous compost and at least give them a chance to thrive. I will let you...
    Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. I am now going to dig them up again and put them in a nice container with ericaceous compost and at least give them a chance to thrive. I will let you know if they produce fruit!!
    Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. I am now going to dig them up again and put them in a nice container with ericaceous compost and at least give them a chance to thrive. I will let you know if they produce fruit!!
    Thanks for that link, it was very helpful. I am now going to dig them up again and put them in a nice container with ericaceous compost and at least give them a chance to thrive. I will let you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. angelad

Rockett salad

I'm with Hornbeam here - plenty of water are (touchwood) keeping mine going ok. They are quite bitter/peppery though, which I understand is from the hot weather.Try growing sunflowers in front...
    I'm with Hornbeam here - plenty of water are (touchwood) keeping mine going ok. They are quite bitter/peppery though, which I understand is from the hot weather.Try growing sunflowers in front of them for some shade?
    I'm with Hornbeam here - plenty of water are (touchwood) keeping mine going ok. They are quite bitter/peppery though, which I understand is from the hot weather.Try growing sunflowers in front of them for some shade?
    I'm with Hornbeam here - plenty of water are (touchwood) keeping mine going ok. They are quite bitter/peppery though, which I understand is from the hot weather.Try growing sunflowers in front...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. grinch

tomatoes

hello, im no expert on them but,gofoit2,use a sprinkle of epsom salts around each tomato, about a teespoon then water in well.the yellowing of leaves is a lack of magnesium.repeat in 2 weeks. ...
    hello, im no expert on them but,gofoit2,use a sprinkle of epsom salts around each tomato, about a teespoon then water in well.the yellowing of leaves is a lack of magnesium.repeat in 2 weeks. angelad go to tomato pruning pg 3,thread from kaptaizep on edible gardening sorry grinch but...
    hello, im no expert on them but,gofoit2,use a sprinkle of epsom salts around each tomato, about a teespoon then water in well.the yellowing of leaves is a lack of magnesium.repeat in 2 weeks. angelad go to tomato pruning pg 3,thread from...
    hello, im no expert on them but,gofoit2,use a sprinkle of epsom salts around each tomato, about a teespoon then water in well.the yellowing of leaves is a lack of magnesium.repeat in 2 weeks. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Waco

Black Russian Tomato?

When I said that about white plastic, I meant that the floor of the growing house is covered in white plastic and the tomato plants grow in slots cut in the stuff. Watering is done with leaky...
    When I said that about white plastic, I meant that the floor of the growing house is covered in white plastic and the tomato plants grow in slots cut in the stuff. Watering is done with leaky pipes under the plastic as is lquid feeding. The danger of blight in ring culture systems is less than...
    When I said that about white plastic, I meant that the floor of the growing house is covered in white plastic and the tomato plants grow in slots cut in the stuff. Watering is done with leaky pipes under the plastic as is lquid feeding. The...
    When I said that about white plastic, I meant that the floor of the growing house is covered in white plastic and the tomato plants grow in slots cut in the stuff. Watering is done with leaky...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. fusspot

squash

dear supersprout thank you for your reply most appreciated it is my first attempt at growing a butternut so i will keep my fingers crossed from fusspot
    dear supersprout thank you for your reply most appreciated it is my first attempt at growing a butternut so i will keep my fingers crossed from fusspot
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ohbe

aubergines

Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy...
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy looking flowers. Liz
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy looking flowers. Liz
    Hi I too am trying aubergines for the first time. I have been informed to pinch out the tip when reaching about 8 leaves high and have just done so. The plants are already showing some healthy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ystalyfera

Potato Sacks

My local market has a pet food stall. They get some feed in these sacks, and break it down to sell it in smaller packages, so have spare sacks which they give away for nothing. Worth a try at...
    My local market has a pet food stall. They get some feed in these sacks, and break it down to sell it in smaller packages, so have spare sacks which they give away for nothing. Worth a try at yours? [ 17. June 2006, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: supersprout ]
    My local market has a pet food stall. They get some feed in these sacks, and break it down to sell it in smaller packages, so have spare sacks which they give away for nothing. Worth a try at yours? [ 17. June 2006, 07:43 AM: Message...
    My local market has a pet food stall. They get some feed in these sacks, and break it down to sell it in smaller packages, so have spare sacks which they give away for nothing. Worth a try at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Liz

Potatoes again

When I took on my allotment last year in May, one of the old boys gave me red seed potatoes in late July to plant :eek: I followed his advice and had lovely spuds in October/November :D [...
    When I took on my allotment last year in May, one of the old boys gave me red seed potatoes in late July to plant :eek: I followed his advice and had lovely spuds in October/November :D [ 17. June 2006, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: supersprout ]
    When I took on my allotment last year in May, one of the old boys gave me red seed potatoes in late July to plant :eek: I followed his advice and had lovely spuds in October/November :D [ 17. June 2006, 07:44 AM: Message edited by:...
    When I took on my allotment last year in May, one of the old boys gave me red seed potatoes in late July to plant :eek: I followed his advice and had lovely spuds in October/November :D [...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Tracey Jones

Bolivian Chilli Plant

Tracy, another site you might take a look at http://www.readytogrow.co.uk/seeds/e_Bolivian_Rainbow_Chilli.html
    Tracy, another site you might take a look at http://www.readytogrow.co.uk/seeds/e_Bolivian_Rainbow_Chilli.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria

Strawberries, again ...

... best cultivation and care advice needed, please. I have had "normal" strawberries in a strawberry pot for several years and they do fine, let me know when they are thirty by drooping a bit. ...
    ... best cultivation and care advice needed, please. I have had "normal" strawberries in a strawberry pot for several years and they do fine, let me know when they are thirty by drooping a bit. However, recently I bought a Fragoo, this pink flowered, large / heavy fruiting variety for hanging...
    ... best cultivation and care advice needed, please. I have had "normal" strawberries in a strawberry pot for several years and they do fine, let me know when they are thirty by drooping a bit. However, recently I bought a Fragoo, this pink...
    ... best cultivation and care advice needed, please. I have had "normal" strawberries in a strawberry pot for several years and they do fine, let me know when they are thirty by drooping a bit. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. gofoit2

Potato's in pots

having my first suttons foremost this coming weekend grew them in tubs 24/18/15 2 per tub,have five tubs ,also 4 tubs of spring onions and carrots combined,already picking those
    having my first suttons foremost this coming weekend grew them in tubs 24/18/15 2 per tub,have five tubs ,also 4 tubs of spring onions and carrots combined,already picking those
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. strongylodon

Rhubarb in pots?

Thanks, I'll give it a go
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pete

Sweet Potato

No flowers yet Liz, You can bet if I get any I'll post a pic. :D Thats intresting Dave, I didn't know Wisley had done trials of them. Mines a Morrisons special, I'm afraid, its not a real...
    No flowers yet Liz, You can bet if I get any I'll post a pic. :D Thats intresting Dave, I didn't know Wisley had done trials of them. Mines a Morrisons special, I'm afraid, its not a real serious attempt, believe it or not I've never even eaten one :D Could be a crop of the future though.
    No flowers yet Liz, You can bet if I get any I'll post a pic. :D Thats intresting Dave, I didn't know Wisley had done trials of them. Mines a Morrisons special, I'm afraid, its not a real serious attempt, believe it or not I've never even...
    No flowers yet Liz, You can bet if I get any I'll post a pic. :D Thats intresting Dave, I didn't know Wisley had done trials of them. Mines a Morrisons special, I'm afraid, its not a real...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ystalyfera

Couple of questions please = Strawberries, Pots

Once strawberries are red they are ripe, all that will happen then is they will go over ripe and rot. Earthing up of potatoes is done as they grow. The purpose is to lengthen the stem thus...
    Once strawberries are red they are ripe, all that will happen then is they will go over ripe and rot. Earthing up of potatoes is done as they grow. The purpose is to lengthen the stem thus producing more roots and thus more potatoes. There is no point earthing up once the foliage has begun to...
    Once strawberries are red they are ripe, all that will happen then is they will go over ripe and rot. Earthing up of potatoes is done as they grow. The purpose is to lengthen the stem thus producing more roots and thus more potatoes. There is no...
    Once strawberries are red they are ripe, all that will happen then is they will go over ripe and rot. Earthing up of potatoes is done as they grow. The purpose is to lengthen the stem thus...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. steveb1973

growing asparagus????

we used to get funny spidery bulb things ( that is when the birds did not self seed the stuff)You have to dig a trench, with a hump, stick the things on the hump and let the sides dangel in sand...
    we used to get funny spidery bulb things ( that is when the birds did not self seed the stuff)You have to dig a trench, with a hump, stick the things on the hump and let the sides dangel in sand in the trencher either side.Its not really difficult, but likes poor sandy conditions. buy good...
    we used to get funny spidery bulb things ( that is when the birds did not self seed the stuff)You have to dig a trench, with a hump, stick the things on the hump and let the sides dangel in sand in the trencher either side.Its not really...
    we used to get funny spidery bulb things ( that is when the birds did not self seed the stuff)You have to dig a trench, with a hump, stick the things on the hump and let the sides dangel in sand...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. timecharger

Is now the right time for winter brassicas to go in?

By "under cover" I mean in the GH, polytunnel or indoors. If the weather is as hot as its been recently, if you cover seedlings in trays you stand a good chance of cooking the veg prematurely!
    By "under cover" I mean in the GH, polytunnel or indoors. If the weather is as hot as its been recently, if you cover seedlings in trays you stand a good chance of cooking the veg prematurely!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice