1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. jay

Salad stuff

Thanks hans, Ive kept the lids on as theyre outside, and didnt know if they'd get aphids or other things munching them
    Thanks hans, Ive kept the lids on as theyre outside, and didnt know if they'd get aphids or other things munching them
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sawfish

Leek famine

They take ages to germinate if planted outside, so do be patient. Best of luck!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ohbe

Garlic?

I had some sprout in early spring so I planted them out, they seem to be doing really well, hope I get something from them!
    I had some sprout in early spring so I planted them out, they seem to be doing really well, hope I get something from them!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. karen1981

cucumbers to grow up or across ground??

hi guys thanks for the great repleys!! The seeds are from Sutton's seeds are are telegraph improved - and the plant is comming on great now !! i must say that as this is my first year its all...
    hi guys thanks for the great repleys!! The seeds are from Sutton's seeds are are telegraph improved - and the plant is comming on great now !! i must say that as this is my first year its all great fun finding out about it all - and this site has been a great help - thanks again (; x x x x
    hi guys thanks for the great repleys!! The seeds are from Sutton's seeds are are telegraph improved - and the plant is comming on great now !! i must say that as this is my first year its all great fun finding out about it all - and this site...
    hi guys thanks for the great repleys!! The seeds are from Sutton's seeds are are telegraph improved - and the plant is comming on great now !! i must say that as this is my first year its all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. golfer

cumcumbers

Not to add anything to the great advice I just wondered if anyone else could remeber how easy watering was when we used earthenware pots, give them a tap with the old bobbin on a cane if it rang...
    Not to add anything to the great advice I just wondered if anyone else could remeber how easy watering was when we used earthenware pots, give them a tap with the old bobbin on a cane if it rang out you watered if a dull clonk you left it.Anyone as old as this cogger can remember.
    Not to add anything to the great advice I just wondered if anyone else could remeber how easy watering was when we used earthenware pots, give them a tap with the old bobbin on a cane if it rang out you watered if a dull clonk you left it.Anyone...
    Not to add anything to the great advice I just wondered if anyone else could remeber how easy watering was when we used earthenware pots, give them a tap with the old bobbin on a cane if it rang...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rosietutu

Blackcurrants

my blackcurrant bush looks as iff it is dying got it in a large pot found little white things on the leaves sprayed it with bug killer, the leaves have gone brown and the new growth at the bottom...
    my blackcurrant bush looks as iff it is dying got it in a large pot found little white things on the leaves sprayed it with bug killer, the leaves have gone brown and the new growth at the bottom of the plant have died, had really terrible winds could this be the cause one good thing is there...
    my blackcurrant bush looks as iff it is dying got it in a large pot found little white things on the leaves sprayed it with bug killer, the leaves have gone brown and the new growth at the bottom of the plant have died, had really terrible winds...
    my blackcurrant bush looks as iff it is dying got it in a large pot found little white things on the leaves sprayed it with bug killer, the leaves have gone brown and the new growth at the bottom...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. supermum10

Canes For Runner Beans

I have tied string to the top of the cane before to extend the height, then fixed that to the wall. Its an easy fix if you dont want to dismantle what is there already, think I might have to do...
    I have tied string to the top of the cane before to extend the height, then fixed that to the wall. Its an easy fix if you dont want to dismantle what is there already, think I might have to do that this year, when I see how mine have grown in the last week.
    I have tied string to the top of the cane before to extend the height, then fixed that to the wall. Its an easy fix if you dont want to dismantle what is there already, think I might have to do that this year, when I see how mine have grown in...
    I have tied string to the top of the cane before to extend the height, then fixed that to the wall. Its an easy fix if you dont want to dismantle what is there already, think I might have to do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Rich

First early sowing in flower

Nice dahlia. mine are a long way behind, but they are all outside now.Found some blackfly on the phylodelphus, but that's all so far, outdoors.
    Nice dahlia. mine are a long way behind, but they are all outside now.Found some blackfly on the phylodelphus, but that's all so far, outdoors.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. neilskeates

potato plants

Earthing up, which we do as soon as the greenery pops through the soil,also protects the foliage from frost which will set them back.Some people lay fleece along the rows if they have got the...
    Earthing up, which we do as soon as the greenery pops through the soil,also protects the foliage from frost which will set them back.Some people lay fleece along the rows if they have got the foliage showing,which also helps against frost, but earthing up is more beneficial.Kandy
    Earthing up, which we do as soon as the greenery pops through the soil,also protects the foliage from frost which will set them back.Some people lay fleece along the rows if they have got the foliage showing,which also helps against frost, but...
    Earthing up, which we do as soon as the greenery pops through the soil,also protects the foliage from frost which will set them back.Some people lay fleece along the rows if they have got the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nicsdad

show tomatoes

I'm not familiar with that variaty. Each show has it's own rules. About a month before the show, get in touch with who ever is running the show and obtain a schedule of the show. This give you a...
    I'm not familiar with that variaty. Each show has it's own rules. About a month before the show, get in touch with who ever is running the show and obtain a schedule of the show. This give you a breakdown of each class. Some shows require a complete truss, others say "cherry tomatoes -seven" or...
    I'm not familiar with that variaty. Each show has it's own rules. About a month before the show, get in touch with who ever is running the show and obtain a schedule of the show. This give you a breakdown of each class. Some shows require a...
    I'm not familiar with that variaty. Each show has it's own rules. About a month before the show, get in touch with who ever is running the show and obtain a schedule of the show. This give you a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. heppy

tomato problem

B.F.idea of covering the plants with a clear plastic tent worked for me last year. I was still picking tomatoes on 6th November.
    B.F.idea of covering the plants with a clear plastic tent worked for me last year. I was still picking tomatoes on 6th November.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rosietutu

Fruit

I think you could have waited until you took the photo Rosietu, then again they do look good. Must have ago at the pips though, I expect you soak them until something starts to emerge.
    I think you could have waited until you took the photo Rosietu, then again they do look good. Must have ago at the pips though, I expect you soak them until something starts to emerge.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JackieQ

coriander

apparently wood ash around the base of Hostas stops slug attack.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ohbe

Celery

I have a couple of library books out at the moment so I looked it up as I have never tried to grow celery. The Allotment handbook by Caroline Foley says When seedlings have 6 leaves harden off .If...
    I have a couple of library books out at the moment so I looked it up as I have never tried to grow celery. The Allotment handbook by Caroline Foley says When seedlings have 6 leaves harden off .If temp drops below 10c for any lengh of time they will bolt.Transplant cover with fleece or cloches...
    I have a couple of library books out at the moment so I looked it up as I have never tried to grow celery. The Allotment handbook by Caroline Foley says When seedlings have 6 leaves harden off .If temp drops below 10c for any lengh of time they...
    I have a couple of library books out at the moment so I looked it up as I have never tried to grow celery. The Allotment handbook by Caroline Foley says When seedlings have 6 leaves harden off .If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. elainefiz

first flush,gardeners delight

Spotted my first tomato today Ailsa Craig
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Oli

Sweet Corn and Courgettes

Hi Oli, I dont know much about the weather in the Liecestershire area but as Matty Boy says its the hardening off that counts for a lot. Dont rush it, a couple of weeks to acclimatise to...
    Hi Oli, I dont know much about the weather in the Liecestershire area but as Matty Boy says its the hardening off that counts for a lot. Dont rush it, a couple of weeks to acclimatise to outdoor conditions can stop a check in growth, which is in some tender plants a real problem and can put...
    Hi Oli, I dont know much about the weather in the Liecestershire area but as Matty Boy says its the hardening off that counts for a lot. Dont rush it, a couple of weeks to acclimatise to outdoor conditions can stop a check in growth, which is...
    Hi Oli, I dont know much about the weather in the Liecestershire area but as Matty Boy says its the hardening off that counts for a lot. Dont rush it, a couple of weeks to acclimatise to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. grinch

melon & cucumbers

Would/could it happen with an F1 cuc?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Herb

Seeding potatos

Oh ok but it wont kill the plant?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. gardencat

Dwarf French Beans

They should be fine in a pot- being dwarf they should only need shorter sticks. [ Mine grow 2-3' but it varies with variety]. Hope you enjoy them!
    They should be fine in a pot- being dwarf they should only need shorter sticks. [ Mine grow 2-3' but it varies with variety]. Hope you enjoy them!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. golfer

Kidney Beans

Hopefully the spray will have worked but if not - then if the leaves are being eaten from the outside, sounds like you may have nocturnal snails.
    Hopefully the spray will have worked but if not - then if the leaves are being eaten from the outside, sounds like you may have nocturnal snails.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice