1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Black Orchid
    Like x 5

AMAZING FIG - AWESOME PLANT!!!

I love figs. And it is fig season right now. Avoid the supermarket ones though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jackqoeu3

What is the rarest/unknown fruit native to Britain?

Not sure if my memory is serving me correctly, but I am sure I read somewhere that the only native fruit is the Gooseberry. Native as in found only here.
    Not sure if my memory is serving me correctly, but I am sure I read somewhere that the only native fruit is the Gooseberry. Native as in found only here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. hailbopp

Alpine Strawberries

Roundup is a good product for them, but I still have loads. I hate the smell and taste of strawberries BTW:eeew:
    Roundup is a good product for them, but I still have loads. I hate the smell and taste of strawberries BTW:eeew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Selleri

Ornamental gourds- growing advise?

Thanks @JWK, sounds fairly easy :)I'll give them a try, it's so nice to test new things and the fruit can indeed look delightful.
    Thanks @JWK, sounds fairly easy :)I'll give them a try, it's so nice to test new things and the fruit can indeed look delightful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Frazzled

Unhappy blackcurrant bushes

Those black currants will have changed lives by tomorrow when I implement your suggestions. Very much appreciated.
    Those black currants will have changed lives by tomorrow when I implement your suggestions. Very much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Frazzled

Old grape vine

Having seen another picture of the tunnel, I think the cover is ripped so maybe improvement in ventilation isn't needed. :biggrin:
    Having seen another picture of the tunnel, I think the cover is ripped so maybe improvement in ventilation isn't needed. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Glynne Williams

Taking Tomato plant cuttings

Thanks for info! They in heated conservatory/greenhouse but havnt èxtra light ....... yet! Been thinking about it for a while but not purchased. Not really sure what to buy. Cuttings growing well...
    Thanks for info! They in heated conservatory/greenhouse but havnt èxtra light ....... yet! Been thinking about it for a while but not purchased. Not really sure what to buy. Cuttings growing well so far but daylight obviously shortening! Yes the bloody white fly. Kept them away from cuttings...
    Thanks for info! They in heated conservatory/greenhouse but havnt èxtra light ....... yet! Been thinking about it for a while but not purchased. Not really sure what to buy. Cuttings growing well so far but daylight obviously shortening! Yes the...
    Thanks for info! They in heated conservatory/greenhouse but havnt èxtra light ....... yet! Been thinking about it for a while but not purchased. Not really sure what to buy. Cuttings growing well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. portoman

Complete beginner - idea for veg planting in autumn / shallow depths.

. Also the planters are outside in the garden, not in a greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rokusii

Edibles in containers/pots - watering

Hello fellow TynesiderWith container growing the key is to get the biggest pots you can find. Watering is easier, and the plants are less likely to get blown over.Raised beds sound great,...
    Hello fellow TynesiderWith container growing the key is to get the biggest pots you can find. Watering is easier, and the plants are less likely to get blown over.Raised beds sound great, and it shouldn't be impossible to build one next to the house wall although it would be a good idea...
    Hello fellow TynesiderWith container growing the key is to get the biggest pots you can find. Watering is easier, and the plants are less likely to get blown over.Raised beds sound great, and it shouldn't be impossible to build one next to...
    Hello fellow TynesiderWith container growing the key is to get the biggest pots you can find. Watering is easier, and the plants are less likely to get blown over.Raised beds sound great,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. FrancescaH

Fruit bush winter care?

Excited for you, nothing to beat a new house with a proper garden :hapydancsmil:You will have to post pics of the new garden, before and after.If you do not already have them, well worth getting some of the...
    Excited for you, nothing to beat a new house with a proper garden :hapydancsmil:You will have to post pics of the new garden, before and after.If you do not already have them, well worth getting some of the many seed catalogues that have been sent out lately, the Kings Seeds being a very good one for veg...
    Excited for you, nothing to beat a new house with a proper garden :hapydancsmil:You will have to post pics of the new garden, before and after.If you do not already have them, well worth getting some of the many seed catalogues that have been sent out...
    Excited for you, nothing to beat a new house with a proper garden :hapydancsmil:You will have to post pics of the new garden, before and after.If you do not already have them, well worth getting some of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Tomato taste test 2021

Thanks for your comments. Obviously I will be watching them. Sure you're correct about strength sapping. Leggy cuttings in the past (not tomatos) I've potted up deeper. Thanks again.
    Thanks for your comments. Obviously I will be watching them. Sure you're correct about strength sapping. Leggy cuttings in the past (not tomatos) I've potted up deeper. Thanks again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Tomcat

No dig potatoes ?

You can do it like this or earthing up. Admit he does live in Australia but it's the same way.
    You can do it like this or earthing up. Admit he does live in Australia but it's the same way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NigelJ

Wasabi

I just read this ... "Wasabi should be planted in free-draining, fertile soil with minimum 30cm between plants. In a pot 5L or larger use standard compost with added perlite or bark and gravel in...
    I just read this ... "Wasabi should be planted in free-draining, fertile soil with minimum 30cm between plants. In a pot 5L or larger use standard compost with added perlite or bark and gravel in the base of the pot. Guard from snails and slugs and provide shade over the summer."
    I just read this ... "Wasabi should be planted in free-draining, fertile soil with minimum 30cm between plants. In a pot 5L or larger use standard compost with added perlite or bark and gravel in the base of the pot. Guard from snails and slugs...
    I just read this ... "Wasabi should be planted in free-draining, fertile soil with minimum 30cm between plants. In a pot 5L or larger use standard compost with added perlite or bark and gravel in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. noisette47

Jerusalem Artichokes

No way will I be putting anything remotely viable on the heap! This year's plants came from just 4 tiny tubers missed in the last bid to get rid of them altogether :biggrin: 10m x 2m later.......:gaah: The...
    No way will I be putting anything remotely viable on the heap! This year's plants came from just 4 tiny tubers missed in the last bid to get rid of them altogether :biggrin: 10m x 2m later.......:gaah: The carrots and parsnips do keep much better in the ground too, but sadly it's impossible to get them out of...
    No way will I be putting anything remotely viable on the heap! This year's plants came from just 4 tiny tubers missed in the last bid to get rid of them altogether :biggrin: 10m x 2m later.......:gaah: The carrots and parsnips do keep much better in the ground...
    No way will I be putting anything remotely viable on the heap! This year's plants came from just 4 tiny tubers missed in the last bid to get rid of them altogether :biggrin: 10m x 2m later.......:gaah: The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Steve R
    Like x 5

Thrive or Nosedive

You can always pop up here with a lorry :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JWK

Vegetable Growing 2021

New thread: Vegetable Growing 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JWK
    Like x 3

Tomato Growing Thread 2021

New thread: Tomato Growing Thread 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 4

Chillies 2021

2022 Thread here: Chillies 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JWK

Potato growing 2021

2022 thread : Potato growing 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. paul777

royal jersey potatoes

That’s terrible Pete. The real McCoy should come early. We can buy them now locally but that’s too early I think. Should be late Feb at the earliest I suppose? And then in to April. Thereafter...
    That’s terrible Pete. The real McCoy should come early. We can buy them now locally but that’s too early I think. Should be late Feb at the earliest I suppose? And then in to April. Thereafter either they’ve been planted late or they’ve been left in the ground for ages I suppose (tops cut...
    That’s terrible Pete. The real McCoy should come early. We can buy them now locally but that’s too early I think. Should be late Feb at the earliest I suppose? And then in to April. Thereafter either they’ve been planted late or they’ve been...
    That’s terrible Pete. The real McCoy should come early. We can buy them now locally but that’s too early I think. Should be late Feb at the earliest I suppose? And then in to April. Thereafter...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice