1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. fletcher

perpetual broccoli

Excellent website, miraflores. Thanks!What a wealth of knowledge and expertise is 'out there' on the net!!
    Excellent website, miraflores. Thanks!What a wealth of knowledge and expertise is 'out there' on the net!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. avocadopip

rhubard

You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the...
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the British version.
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the British version.
    You lucky person I just go there twice a year. I would give it a try. Most plants have and enjoy a dormant period. But I would have thought there would be a strain that would would suit if not the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. keithandjane1989

pumpkins on the ground or on canes

Thanks for all the info. I thought it might be better to use something to lift it off the ground a little if only to help stop slugs getting at them.
    Thanks for all the info. I thought it might be better to use something to lift it off the ground a little if only to help stop slugs getting at them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Webmaster

Purslane

purslane is a sour diuretic that removes toxins..you can also use it externally for bee stings and boils..and it has ben known to clear eczema..so its quite usefull..!
    purslane is a sour diuretic that removes toxins..you can also use it externally for bee stings and boils..and it has ben known to clear eczema..so its quite usefull..!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. karen1981

potoatos

If they are those cheapo Tescos "White Potatoes" then I guess they are "maincrop" which means they will be ready later than earlies (I would guess August or even September). The plants will grow...
    If they are those cheapo Tescos "White Potatoes" then I guess they are "maincrop" which means they will be ready later than earlies (I would guess August or even September). The plants will grow up to 18 inches high and then bud white flowers. When these flowers have died I think it's time to...
    If they are those cheapo Tescos "White Potatoes" then I guess they are "maincrop" which means they will be ready later than earlies (I would guess August or even September). The plants will grow up to 18 inches high and then bud white flowers....
    If they are those cheapo Tescos "White Potatoes" then I guess they are "maincrop" which means they will be ready later than earlies (I would guess August or even September). The plants will grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. golfer

Beans

Your beans should be fine in tubs. Just take care that they don't become too dry. If the weather is dry when they are flowering, spraying the blooms with water in the early morning and evening...
    Your beans should be fine in tubs. Just take care that they don't become too dry. If the weather is dry when they are flowering, spraying the blooms with water in the early morning and evening will aid pollination.
    Your beans should be fine in tubs. Just take care that they don't become too dry. If the weather is dry when they are flowering, spraying the blooms with water in the early morning and evening will aid pollination.
    Your beans should be fine in tubs. Just take care that they don't become too dry. If the weather is dry when they are flowering, spraying the blooms with water in the early morning and evening...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. LCH

Lettuce

but double check as i dont want u 2 wreck ur veggies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wildflower

Rhubarb

Just picked our first of the season forced rhubarb and had it cooked with strawberries and ate it with a dollop of ice cream.Our first new crop from the garden this year and it tasted...
    Just picked our first of the season forced rhubarb and had it cooked with strawberries and ate it with a dollop of ice cream.Our first new crop from the garden this year and it tasted wonderful.Asparagus,lettuce and radish next week.
    Just picked our first of the season forced rhubarb and had it cooked with strawberries and ate it with a dollop of ice cream.Our first new crop from the garden this year and it tasted wonderful.Asparagus,lettuce and radish next week.
    Just picked our first of the season forced rhubarb and had it cooked with strawberries and ate it with a dollop of ice cream.Our first new crop from the garden this year and it tasted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Big T

Carrot fly

You can completely eliminate the need for thinning if you sow three seeds at 2" intervals for early carrots and at about 4" interval for maincrop carrots. When the seeds have germinated and are...
    You can completely eliminate the need for thinning if you sow three seeds at 2" intervals for early carrots and at about 4" interval for maincrop carrots. When the seeds have germinated and are big enough to handle reduce the seedlings to one at each station. I usually sow a 5 metre row like...
    You can completely eliminate the need for thinning if you sow three seeds at 2" intervals for early carrots and at about 4" interval for maincrop carrots. When the seeds have germinated and are big enough to handle reduce the seedlings to one at...
    You can completely eliminate the need for thinning if you sow three seeds at 2" intervals for early carrots and at about 4" interval for maincrop carrots. When the seeds have germinated and are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. GREENTOES

Protecting veg from wheather and pests

Thanks Lady Gardener and Dave W. I shall try gorse clippings as we have an abundance of that here. I think the wilting is down to access to light- not enough at the begining, (Germinate somewhere...
    Thanks Lady Gardener and Dave W. I shall try gorse clippings as we have an abundance of that here. I think the wilting is down to access to light- not enough at the begining, (Germinate somewhere warm and dark i had read somewhere),then in a panic, placed them all in a room that recieves the...
    Thanks Lady Gardener and Dave W. I shall try gorse clippings as we have an abundance of that here. I think the wilting is down to access to light- not enough at the begining, (Germinate somewhere warm and dark i had read somewhere),then in a...
    Thanks Lady Gardener and Dave W. I shall try gorse clippings as we have an abundance of that here. I think the wilting is down to access to light- not enough at the begining, (Germinate somewhere...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. MaryJoy

Chilli Trial

NO!! But, I'm sure there is a "contact us" bit on the gardeners world page - and if not there ought to be! ;)
    NO!! But, I'm sure there is a "contact us" bit on the gardeners world page - and if not there ought to be! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ystalyfera

Ideal onion conditions

I purchased some loose onion bulbs from the local gardening club and they advised me to keep the soil as dry as possible.Is this right? If they are covered underneath a polythene tunnel how...
    I purchased some loose onion bulbs from the local gardening club and they advised me to keep the soil as dry as possible.Is this right? If they are covered underneath a polythene tunnel how often should I be watering them....at the moment they are just under the soil and the shoots are coming...
    I purchased some loose onion bulbs from the local gardening club and they advised me to keep the soil as dry as possible.Is this right? If they are covered underneath a polythene tunnel how often should I be watering them....at the moment they...
    I purchased some loose onion bulbs from the local gardening club and they advised me to keep the soil as dry as possible.Is this right? If they are covered underneath a polythene tunnel how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paladin

Ugly Veg.

thanks for that, Pal! Spent a nice time browsing through the site again, and on to the HDRA one again - I really ought to do that more frequently! ;)
    thanks for that, Pal! Spent a nice time browsing through the site again, and on to the HDRA one again - I really ought to do that more frequently! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. golfer

Potatos

Thanks for the information will leave them whole and see what we get in pots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. dabbit

Rhubarb

Brussel sprout MD?
    Brussel sprout MD?
    Brussel sprout MD?
    Brussel sprout MD?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Janey

Espalier fruit trees

Looking forward to the photos Janey!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. LC

Coriander

https://sslrelay.com/www.gardenseekershop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1544356105ad211/shopdata/0015_Pest+Killers/product_details.shopscript?article=0070_Whitefly%2BTraps%2B%3D288668% 3D29is one...
    https://sslrelay.com/www.gardenseekershop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1544356105ad211/shopdata/0015_Pest+Killers/product_details.shopscript?article=0070_Whitefly%2BTraps%2B%3D288668% 3D29is one source of sticky strips, and this one has both things...
    https://sslrelay.com/www.gardenseekershop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1544356105ad211/shopdata/0015_Pest+Killers/product_details.shopscript?article=0070_Whitefly%2BTraps%2B%3D288668% 3D29is one source of sticky strips, and this one has both...
    https://sslrelay.com/www.gardenseekershop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1544356105ad211/shopdata/0015_Pest+Killers/product_details.shopscript?article=0070_Whitefly%2BTraps%2B%3D288668% 3D29is one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. blue fingers

Growing Garlic

Garlic :D take between 16 and 36 weeks to mature depending on the varient and when it was planted. wherever possible plant in autumn. In very cold ares delay planting til early spring. I plant...
    Garlic :D take between 16 and 36 weeks to mature depending on the varient and when it was planted. wherever possible plant in autumn. In very cold ares delay planting til early spring. I plant mine in autumn in 3" pots, put them in a cold frame, and plant them out when they start to sprout in...
    Garlic :D take between 16 and 36 weeks to mature depending on the varient and when it was planted. wherever possible plant in autumn. In very cold ares delay planting til early spring. I plant mine in autumn in 3" pots, put them in a cold...
    Garlic :D take between 16 and 36 weeks to mature depending on the varient and when it was planted. wherever possible plant in autumn. In very cold ares delay planting til early spring. I plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. timecharger

which veg don't mind shade?

I'd suggest trying anything that you eat the leaves of, NOT things you eat the fruit of as they need sun to ripen!
    I'd suggest trying anything that you eat the leaves of, NOT things you eat the fruit of as they need sun to ripen!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Carra

Soil for Vegetables

i think you ll be fine with your mix, the carrots are difficult to grow if soil is freshly manured,maybe this is what you neighbour is concerned about. if the manure was fresh from the origin then...
    i think you ll be fine with your mix, the carrots are difficult to grow if soil is freshly manured,maybe this is what you neighbour is concerned about. if the manure was fresh from the origin then there may be a concerm, and i would turn it over to a depth of 8", but i would risk it if it was...
    i think you ll be fine with your mix, the carrots are difficult to grow if soil is freshly manured,maybe this is what you neighbour is concerned about. if the manure was fresh from the origin then there may be a concerm, and i would turn it over...
    i think you ll be fine with your mix, the carrots are difficult to grow if soil is freshly manured,maybe this is what you neighbour is concerned about. if the manure was fresh from the origin then...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice