Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. misterQ

Post pictures of your radishes here...

Good effort but I have a sneaky feeling that too much neglect fertiliser was used on them. A little at the beginning or at the mid bulging stage would give better results.
    Good effort but I have a sneaky feeling that too much neglect fertiliser was used on them. A little at the beginning or at the mid bulging stage would give better results.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Aldo

Tromboncino squash - Split stem - Shall I remove it?

Well, here are a few photos showing the stem itself, the plant and another tromboncino to compare. They seem to be doing equally well, so perhaps I should just bury the split secton in soil rather...
    Well, here are a few photos showing the stem itself, the plant and another tromboncino to compare. They seem to be doing equally well, so perhaps I should just bury the split secton in soil rather digging out the plant and putting something else in?
    Well, here are a few photos showing the stem itself, the plant and another tromboncino to compare. They seem to be doing equally well, so perhaps I should just bury the split secton in soil rather digging out the plant and putting something else...
    Well, here are a few photos showing the stem itself, the plant and another tromboncino to compare. They seem to be doing equally well, so perhaps I should just bury the split secton in soil rather...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Aldo

Cucamelon - Are single plants productive?

@Selleri What happened with the Agretti last year, out of curiosity? They did not grow well? Or did they turn up not as tasty as hoped?
    @Selleri What happened with the Agretti last year, out of curiosity? They did not grow well? Or did they turn up not as tasty as hoped?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Freddy
    Informative x 5

A Word Of Warning!

Freddy, my French Beans haven't grow much also, I'd leave them, give them a chance if you can.
    Freddy, my French Beans haven't grow much also, I'd leave them, give them a chance if you can.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. David Cook

Tracking what you planted

I don't track. At work I track everything, and even have a tracker to track my trackers. :biggrin: In the garden I rely on gut feeling, if a spot looks like it could do with Daffodils then surely I planted...
    I don't track. At work I track everything, and even have a tracker to track my trackers. :biggrin: In the garden I rely on gut feeling, if a spot looks like it could do with Daffodils then surely I planted some in... :scratch: Advancing years give a bonus thrill when plants I definitely did not sow turn up :heehee:For...
    I don't track. At work I track everything, and even have a tracker to track my trackers. :biggrin: In the garden I rely on gut feeling, if a spot looks like it could do with Daffodils then surely I planted some in... :scratch: Advancing years give a bonus thrill...
    I don't track. At work I track everything, and even have a tracker to track my trackers. :biggrin: In the garden I rely on gut feeling, if a spot looks like it could do with Daffodils then surely I planted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Telmadee

Another cucumber question

@pete thank you so much
    @pete thank you so much
    @pete thank you so much
    @pete thank you so much
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sophocles

Calabrese Brocolli or Cut and Come Again Lettuce? ID plz

Brassicas tend to have grey green foliage and an almost waxlike look to the surface. Lettuce tend to be brighter, more densely packed leaves, little or no visible stem, thinner glossier...
    Brassicas tend to have grey green foliage and an almost waxlike look to the surface. Lettuce tend to be brighter, more densely packed leaves, little or no visible stem, thinner glossier leaves. The top one looks more like a broccoli and the bottom one with the crinkle edge leaves looks like a...
    Brassicas tend to have grey green foliage and an almost waxlike look to the surface. Lettuce tend to be brighter, more densely packed leaves, little or no visible stem, thinner glossier leaves. The top one looks more like a broccoli and the...
    Brassicas tend to have grey green foliage and an almost waxlike look to the surface. Lettuce tend to be brighter, more densely packed leaves, little or no visible stem, thinner glossier...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. RobB

Marrows and courgettes

Ever tried making marrow rum ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. clum111

When to put herbs outside?

@pete Thanks for the advice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. TheMadHedger

Rhubarb - problems with 'new' crown

A friend of my wife's has a lot of rhubarb (which she doesn't even like!) and she gave my wife a crown last winter. I planted it in a nice, sunny spot (the soil is a bit 'clay-like' but I added...
    A friend of my wife's has a lot of rhubarb (which she doesn't even like!) and she gave my wife a crown last winter. I planted it in a nice, sunny spot (the soil is a bit 'clay-like' but I added some good, free draining soil to the hole before planting the crown). I made sure that the tip of the...
    A friend of my wife's has a lot of rhubarb (which she doesn't even like!) and she gave my wife a crown last winter. I planted it in a nice, sunny spot (the soil is a bit 'clay-like' but I added some good, free draining soil to the hole before...
    A friend of my wife's has a lot of rhubarb (which she doesn't even like!) and she gave my wife a crown last winter. I planted it in a nice, sunny spot (the soil is a bit 'clay-like' but I added...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. foxyloxy

Rhubarb Advice

Funny you should ask that now! Just this evening as I was watering them, I decided that I might turn them (two rhubarb not showing any sign of life)out gently to see if anything is occurring out...
    Funny you should ask that now! Just this evening as I was watering them, I decided that I might turn them (two rhubarb not showing any sign of life)out gently to see if anything is occurring out of sight. Nigel advised patience, so I am waiting with fingers crossed.
    Funny you should ask that now! Just this evening as I was watering them, I decided that I might turn them (two rhubarb not showing any sign of life)out gently to see if anything is occurring out of sight. Nigel advised patience, so I am waiting...
    Funny you should ask that now! Just this evening as I was watering them, I decided that I might turn them (two rhubarb not showing any sign of life)out gently to see if anything is occurring out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JenniferA

Advice requested on growing raspberries

Thank you for all of your help @ricky101 . I will try to get some bigger pots in the future and some more compost and then look at getting some new plants.
    Thank you for all of your help @ricky101 . I will try to get some bigger pots in the future and some more compost and then look at getting some new plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Telmadee

Cucumber fertilisation?

@JWK ...he lives next to a busy main road, so someone may take the note :th scifD36: so I think I'm gonna have to go trial and error and cry big tears if I fail
    @JWK ...he lives next to a busy main road, so someone may take the note :th scifD36: so I think I'm gonna have to go trial and error and cry big tears if I fail
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Telmadee

Yellow slightly withered tomato leaves

Thank you so very much @misterQ you are an absolute star, I really appreciate the help and advice :dbgrtmb:
    Thank you so very much @misterQ you are an absolute star, I really appreciate the help and advice :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Green Knees

How many carrots per seedling query

Many thanks, the above is very helpful. I'll go and look for a carrot tutorial.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kestennek

Broad Bean Germination Woes

Think I'd just get a bag of multi purpose for germination at least and then mix your leaf mould in with the garden soil when planting out.Leaf mould never actually becomes soil its organic...
    Think I'd just get a bag of multi purpose for germination at least and then mix your leaf mould in with the garden soil when planting out.Leaf mould never actually becomes soil its organic matter that tends to disappear, soil doesn't disappear as it is usually a mixture of clay, sand, grit,...
    Think I'd just get a bag of multi purpose for germination at least and then mix your leaf mould in with the garden soil when planting out.Leaf mould never actually becomes soil its organic matter that tends to disappear, soil doesn't disappear...
    Think I'd just get a bag of multi purpose for germination at least and then mix your leaf mould in with the garden soil when planting out.Leaf mould never actually becomes soil its organic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nikos Koukos

Lime into Soil

I use Dolomite Lime on my lawn to raise the pH in areas where moss wants to grow as an alternative to using Iron Sulphate. I would suggest that the same principles apply even to its use around...
    I use Dolomite Lime on my lawn to raise the pH in areas where moss wants to grow as an alternative to using Iron Sulphate. I would suggest that the same principles apply even to its use around brassicas.From my experience, I've found that as a rough guide, about 25 litres per 100sq.m. will...
    I use Dolomite Lime on my lawn to raise the pH in areas where moss wants to grow as an alternative to using Iron Sulphate. I would suggest that the same principles apply even to its use around brassicas.From my experience, I've found that as a...
    I use Dolomite Lime on my lawn to raise the pH in areas where moss wants to grow as an alternative to using Iron Sulphate. I would suggest that the same principles apply even to its use around...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nikos Koukos

Curling tomato plant

Tomatoes do this when they start to really grow fast, it looks bad but is a good sign. Usually it's the top leaves first thing and they unfurl during the day.
    Tomatoes do this when they start to really grow fast, it looks bad but is a good sign. Usually it's the top leaves first thing and they unfurl during the day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Nikos Koukos

Carrot seedlings

I've not grows carrots before, mine are nearly 3 weeks old, mine appear to be sprouting and look like yours!
    I've not grows carrots before, mine are nearly 3 weeks old, mine appear to be sprouting and look like yours!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Matt Ellis

Ideas to help me deal with an insect infestation on herbs

That's worth knowing, thank you. I rather hoped/thought that these plants would last a really long time, and I could eventually plant them out into a proper garden when I have one in years to...
    That's worth knowing, thank you. I rather hoped/thought that these plants would last a really long time, and I could eventually plant them out into a proper garden when I have one in years to come. I'd like to support my local garden centre but I don't know if I can get delivery on a new plant...
    That's worth knowing, thank you. I rather hoped/thought that these plants would last a really long time, and I could eventually plant them out into a proper garden when I have one in years to come. I'd like to support my local garden centre but I...
    That's worth knowing, thank you. I rather hoped/thought that these plants would last a really long time, and I could eventually plant them out into a proper garden when I have one in years to...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice