1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. JWK

Tomato Growing Thread 2023

Link to new threadTomato Growing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. JWK

Melon Growing Advice

That's where I got my seeds from ricky
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Drahcir

Butternut squash temperature countdown.

"Pumpkin" pie :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Aidan mc

Butternut squash only male flowers

Looks great. Butternuts are one of the yummiest squashes, I use them for pompkin pie. Boil them till mushy, then add a bit of allspice, nutmeg, black pepper, salt and brown sugar. Add egg yolks,...
    Looks great. Butternuts are one of the yummiest squashes, I use them for pompkin pie. Boil them till mushy, then add a bit of allspice, nutmeg, black pepper, salt and brown sugar. Add egg yolks, slap in your favourite pie crust and bake. Gorgeous.
    Looks great. Butternuts are one of the yummiest squashes, I use them for pompkin pie. Boil them till mushy, then add a bit of allspice, nutmeg, black pepper, salt and brown sugar. Add egg yolks, slap in your favourite pie crust and bake. Gorgeous.
    Looks great. Butternuts are one of the yummiest squashes, I use them for pompkin pie. Boil them till mushy, then add a bit of allspice, nutmeg, black pepper, salt and brown sugar. Add egg yolks,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Adam I

Breeding a bigger cucamelon

Yes but no named cultivars or variants. Unfortunately they all had a similar taste and growth habit: I may be able to select some from this years genes but im also growing from tubers to see if...
    Yes but no named cultivars or variants. Unfortunately they all had a similar taste and growth habit: I may be able to select some from this years genes but im also growing from tubers to see if they produce earlier. I do like them as a snack, but then we eat a cucumber a day normally.My...
    Yes but no named cultivars or variants. Unfortunately they all had a similar taste and growth habit: I may be able to select some from this years genes but im also growing from tubers to see if they produce earlier. I do like them as a snack, but...
    Yes but no named cultivars or variants. Unfortunately they all had a similar taste and growth habit: I may be able to select some from this years genes but im also growing from tubers to see if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Disleydog

Tomato malformation

It is indeed caused by calcium deficiency, calcium is obtained via the roots and flows up but cant circulate so when water is short the plants growth can cause deficiencies. Magnesium however...
    It is indeed caused by calcium deficiency, calcium is obtained via the roots and flows up but cant circulate so when water is short the plants growth can cause deficiencies. Magnesium however doesnt have this problem. I think the plants will scrap older leaves too to scavange it so it decreases...
    It is indeed caused by calcium deficiency, calcium is obtained via the roots and flows up but cant circulate so when water is short the plants growth can cause deficiencies. Magnesium however doesnt have this problem. I think the plants will...
    It is indeed caused by calcium deficiency, calcium is obtained via the roots and flows up but cant circulate so when water is short the plants growth can cause deficiencies. Magnesium however...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Drahcir

Swede shapes.

Last year I grew some very variable sized and shaped ones, I got some green topped ones and some red topped ones. Half were cylindrical shaped. This was all from a packet of Gowrie, or perhaps...
    Last year I grew some very variable sized and shaped ones, I got some green topped ones and some red topped ones. Half were cylindrical shaped. This was all from a packet of Gowrie, or perhaps premier seeds mixed somemwrong seeds into it. This year ive grown an F1 called tweed and they are much...
    Last year I grew some very variable sized and shaped ones, I got some green topped ones and some red topped ones. Half were cylindrical shaped. This was all from a packet of Gowrie, or perhaps premier seeds mixed somemwrong seeds into it. This...
    Last year I grew some very variable sized and shaped ones, I got some green topped ones and some red topped ones. Half were cylindrical shaped. This was all from a packet of Gowrie, or perhaps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bear1

Stop pests eating my brassicas

I'd be more concerned with snagging birds rather than cats when using netting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Onion Growing 2023

Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Thank you ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sheal
    Like x 9

A Rare Vintage Tomato

I wish I could I don't have a greenhouse and the climate's not good enough up here to grow them or any other tomato outside - although I've tried. :sad:
    I wish I could I don't have a greenhouse and the climate's not good enough up here to grow them or any other tomato outside - although I've tried. :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dogsbody

Onions

Thanks infradig, that sounds good to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ricky101

Vertical Cordon Fruit Trees ?

I gave our friends in Paris some when I re-designed their front garden and they seemed quite pleased with the results :) When all's said and done, though, they're just short espaliers :biggrin:
    I gave our friends in Paris some when I re-designed their front garden and they seemed quite pleased with the results :) When all's said and done, though, they're just short espaliers :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Drahcir

Sunflower seeds.

Definitely toast them, they're so yummy and have a wide range of uses + they are a very nutritional addition to lots of dishes. :dbgrtmb:
    Definitely toast them, they're so yummy and have a wide range of uses + they are a very nutritional addition to lots of dishes. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Purple Streaks

Mice and capsicums ?????

While most animals will be wary of chilli as its hot slugs and worms and even some mice will have a nibble i would lay some trapsdown once i grew chilli in a basket i found some birds having a...
    While most animals will be wary of chilli as its hot slugs and worms and even some mice will have a nibble i would lay some trapsdown once i grew chilli in a basket i found some birds having a nibble
    While most animals will be wary of chilli as its hot slugs and worms and even some mice will have a nibble i would lay some trapsdown once i grew chilli in a basket i found some birds having a nibble
    While most animals will be wary of chilli as its hot slugs and worms and even some mice will have a nibble i would lay some trapsdown once i grew chilli in a basket i found some birds having a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Drahcir

Butternut squash split ring.

I've had plants, shrubs, suddenly make totally new growth since the hot spell in early September, I have an Aesculus that has made new stems two ft long and one with flower spike, so it could well...
    I've had plants, shrubs, suddenly make totally new growth since the hot spell in early September, I have an Aesculus that has made new stems two ft long and one with flower spike, so it could well be a new onset of growth after the outer skin has ripened, in this case its more likely the rain.
    I've had plants, shrubs, suddenly make totally new growth since the hot spell in early September, I have an Aesculus that has made new stems two ft long and one with flower spike, so it could well be a new onset of growth after the outer skin has...
    I've had plants, shrubs, suddenly make totally new growth since the hot spell in early September, I have an Aesculus that has made new stems two ft long and one with flower spike, so it could well...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bear1

Rhubarb dieing down

It's quite normal for them to do that. When the leaves have all died back you can mulch around the plants but don't cover the crown.Although rhubarb leaves are poisonous to eat they are OK...
    It's quite normal for them to do that. When the leaves have all died back you can mulch around the plants but don't cover the crown.Although rhubarb leaves are poisonous to eat they are OK for putting on the compost heap.
    It's quite normal for them to do that. When the leaves have all died back you can mulch around the plants but don't cover the crown.Although rhubarb leaves are poisonous to eat they are OK for putting on the compost heap.
    It's quite normal for them to do that. When the leaves have all died back you can mulch around the plants but don't cover the crown.Although rhubarb leaves are poisonous to eat they are OK...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Drahcir

Squash, when to cut?

I have found it is necessary seperate squash from each other in storage as condensation forms on the points of contact, causing the rind to grow mould and then rot. If you have an airy space...
    I have found it is necessary seperate squash from each other in storage as condensation forms on the points of contact, causing the rind to grow mould and then rot. If you have an airy space ,frost-free , I would move them out of the carton and place in solitary confinement. It helps to let the...
    I have found it is necessary seperate squash from each other in storage as condensation forms on the points of contact, causing the rind to grow mould and then rot. If you have an airy space ,frost-free , I would move them out of the carton and...
    I have found it is necessary seperate squash from each other in storage as condensation forms on the points of contact, causing the rind to grow mould and then rot. If you have an airy space...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Drahcir

"Old" fr3nch beans.

If possible, let the beans dry on the plant until the outer skin goes brown. Then take the seeds out, put them in a paper bag (remember those :whistle:) and store in a dry place to sow them next year. :blue thumb:
    If possible, let the beans dry on the plant until the outer skin goes brown. Then take the seeds out, put them in a paper bag (remember those :whistle:) and store in a dry place to sow them next year. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Drahcir

Thoughts on enviromesh.

Deleted by self.
    Deleted by self.
    Deleted by self.
    Deleted by self.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Peggy640

Baby Potatoes are slightly bitter

Hi would say also growing conditions and storage also seen this How Do You Stop Potatoes From Being Bitter? If you’re looking to stop potatoes from being bitter, here are a few tips:Start by...
    Hi would say also growing conditions and storage also seen this How Do You Stop Potatoes From Being Bitter? If you’re looking to stop potatoes from being bitter, here are a few tips:Start by boiling the potatoes for about 15 minutes before peeled and cutting into small pieces. Add salt and...
    Hi would say also growing conditions and storage also seen this How Do You Stop Potatoes From Being Bitter? If you’re looking to stop potatoes from being bitter, here are a few tips:Start by boiling the potatoes for about 15 minutes before...
    Hi would say also growing conditions and storage also seen this How Do You Stop Potatoes From Being Bitter? If you’re looking to stop potatoes from being bitter, here are a few tips:Start by...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice