1. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE 2 MINUTE SILENCE
    IN MEMORY OF ARMANDII

Armandii's chosen charity was Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) - donations in his memory are welcomed, paid directly to the charity. Please ask a member of Admin for further information.

Dismiss Notice
We have a very sad announcement to make - please see the thread in the link below:

Please Click Here

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Snorky85

Mould on onion sets

Hi Snorky85, I sincerely hope it's not onion white rot? If it is? discard the onions and soil, thoroughly disinfect EVERYTHING associated and beware that it can remain in soil for 7 years plus. I...
    Hi Snorky85, I sincerely hope it's not onion white rot? If it is? discard the onions and soil, thoroughly disinfect EVERYTHING associated and beware that it can remain in soil for 7 years plus. I have it here in London!
    Hi Snorky85, I sincerely hope it's not onion white rot? If it is? discard the onions and soil, thoroughly disinfect EVERYTHING associated and beware that it can remain in soil for 7 years plus. I have it here in London!
    Hi Snorky85, I sincerely hope it's not onion white rot? If it is? discard the onions and soil, thoroughly disinfect EVERYTHING associated and beware that it can remain in soil for 7 years plus. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Black Dog

Cleaning up the rhubarb's plot

Rhubarb like good deep soil and plenty of water. They are hungry plants and require a good feed every year, mulch as well, well rotted manure is best, but a handful of general purpose fertiliser...
    Rhubarb like good deep soil and plenty of water. They are hungry plants and require a good feed every year, mulch as well, well rotted manure is best, but a handful of general purpose fertiliser and a mulch of well rotted garden compost will work. I would remove the small plants you dont want...
    Rhubarb like good deep soil and plenty of water. They are hungry plants and require a good feed every year, mulch as well, well rotted manure is best, but a handful of general purpose fertiliser and a mulch of well rotted garden compost will...
    Rhubarb like good deep soil and plenty of water. They are hungry plants and require a good feed every year, mulch as well, well rotted manure is best, but a handful of general purpose fertiliser...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jannt86

Peach trees: perigrine or avalon pride?

I had to make that decision last year. It was really hard comparing them and the winner was.... None of themIn the end we went with a Mirabelle Plum ("Nancy") because it is a lot friendlier to...
    I had to make that decision last year. It was really hard comparing them and the winner was.... None of themIn the end we went with a Mirabelle Plum ("Nancy") because it is a lot friendlier to eat and blooms nicer (at least in my opinion)
    I had to make that decision last year. It was really hard comparing them and the winner was.... None of themIn the end we went with a Mirabelle Plum ("Nancy") because it is a lot friendlier to eat and blooms nicer (at least in my opinion)
    I had to make that decision last year. It was really hard comparing them and the winner was.... None of themIn the end we went with a Mirabelle Plum ("Nancy") because it is a lot friendlier to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Finngal

Hydro pollenation

ThaThanks ;) Im totally new to pollenating vegetables. When I had my veggie patch, with the smallholding we had, it was just a trailer full of chicken and horse manure with some peat and soil...
    ThaThanks ;) Im totally new to pollenating vegetables. When I had my veggie patch, with the smallholding we had, it was just a trailer full of chicken and horse manure with some peat and soil mixed in. I threw few bags of seeds randomly there, watered few weeks with garden hose every time I had...
    ThaThanks ;) Im totally new to pollenating vegetables. When I had my veggie patch, with the smallholding we had, it was just a trailer full of chicken and horse manure with some peat and soil mixed in. I threw few bags of seeds randomly there,...
    ThaThanks ;) Im totally new to pollenating vegetables. When I had my veggie patch, with the smallholding we had, it was just a trailer full of chicken and horse manure with some peat and soil...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Finngal
    Like x 7

HYDROPONICS

Hi, Thanks for the comments! It is actually a historical account of how I went through the process of learning how to get that crystal clear water and beautiful plants that I so wanted. Its a...
    Hi, Thanks for the comments! It is actually a historical account of how I went through the process of learning how to get that crystal clear water and beautiful plants that I so wanted. Its a story from rookie beginning to getting to a nice setup, my personal experience of when things go wrong...
    Hi, Thanks for the comments! It is actually a historical account of how I went through the process of learning how to get that crystal clear water and beautiful plants that I so wanted. Its a story from rookie beginning to getting to a nice...
    Hi, Thanks for the comments! It is actually a historical account of how I went through the process of learning how to get that crystal clear water and beautiful plants that I so wanted. Its a...
    IMG_20210106_143905.jpg IMG_20210116_080150.jpg IMG_20210116_080206.jpg 000391.jpg IMG_20210125_102544.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mazambo

Round lettuce?

Cos was the one I used to eat until I found the round lettuce, I've ordered all the year round and a Gustavs salad seed so I'll see how I go with those.
    Cos was the one I used to eat until I found the round lettuce, I've ordered all the year round and a Gustavs salad seed so I'll see how I go with those.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Finngal

Blackcurrants in pots

Hi, I use a mix of multipurpose compost and my garden soil (which is heavy clay) and some grit in my permanent containers. In the spring I mix some slow release fertiliser granules and rotted...
    Hi, I use a mix of multipurpose compost and my garden soil (which is heavy clay) and some grit in my permanent containers. In the spring I mix some slow release fertiliser granules and rotted manure to the top part, sometimes also some blood&fish&bone if there's any left after the roses....
    Hi, I use a mix of multipurpose compost and my garden soil (which is heavy clay) and some grit in my permanent containers. In the spring I mix some slow release fertiliser granules and rotted manure to the top part, sometimes also some...
    Hi, I use a mix of multipurpose compost and my garden soil (which is heavy clay) and some grit in my permanent containers. In the spring I mix some slow release fertiliser granules and rotted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Finngal

Strawberries from seeds

I'm really looking forward to getting the first strawbs from them, the original was a deep, deep red and utterly delicious so I hope this will be the same / similar
    I'm really looking forward to getting the first strawbs from them, the original was a deep, deep red and utterly delicious so I hope this will be the same / similar
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ricky101

Leek problem

It was probably just a slug or snail on it @ricky101 Good looking leek though - what variety?
    It was probably just a slug or snail on it @ricky101 Good looking leek though - what variety?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. David Cook

Potato Kits

Ok, thank you all, will put them in a room with no heating and should be ok.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Appleblossom31

Growing Strawberries

Thanks for advice.. I will take a risk when whethers better in planting in with my dwarffruit trees and Im also going to try plant some in a terracotta planter pyramid Ive created.. Im hoping to...
    Thanks for advice.. I will take a risk when whethers better in planting in with my dwarffruit trees and Im also going to try plant some in a terracotta planter pyramid Ive created.. Im hoping to have different kinds of strawberries so i have some all seasons if at all possible... Hope it does
    Thanks for advice.. I will take a risk when whethers better in planting in with my dwarffruit trees and Im also going to try plant some in a terracotta planter pyramid Ive created.. Im hoping to have different kinds of strawberries so i have some...
    Thanks for advice.. I will take a risk when whethers better in planting in with my dwarffruit trees and Im also going to try plant some in a terracotta planter pyramid Ive created.. Im hoping to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Moray

Blueberry flowering in November

It all depends on how many flowers there are, if it's just a few I'd leave them.
    It all depends on how many flowers there are, if it's just a few I'd leave them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK

The Tatties Thread 2020

One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half a dozen roots to see us through Christmas and they were a bit variable, some had fewer tubers than...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half a dozen roots to see us through Christmas and...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ricky101

Spinnach and Compost

I grow a lot of Spinach, the quick growing annual type. I don't do anything special to the soil, no compost or fertiliser. I grow it in succession as after a few weeks it runs to seed. As for...
    I grow a lot of Spinach, the quick growing annual type. I don't do anything special to the soil, no compost or fertiliser. I grow it in succession as after a few weeks it runs to seed. As for varieties I have success with Amazon, although others do ok too.I do the same thing with Rocket and...
    I grow a lot of Spinach, the quick growing annual type. I don't do anything special to the soil, no compost or fertiliser. I grow it in succession as after a few weeks it runs to seed. As for varieties I have success with Amazon, although others...
    I grow a lot of Spinach, the quick growing annual type. I don't do anything special to the soil, no compost or fertiliser. I grow it in succession as after a few weeks it runs to seed. As for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Vince

Got My Kelsae seeds today

They need to be spaced out to grow really big, like this grower does
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. fumanchu

Blackberry

I'm very grateful for all input and advice, I can think over winter what to do. :biggrin::dbgrtmb:
    I'm very grateful for all input and advice, I can think over winter what to do. :biggrin::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. JWK

Tomato taste test 2020

Hi Glynne i would second seed parade and i also get good seed ,service from Nick's nursery Rgds Sandy
    Hi Glynne i would second seed parade and i also get good seed ,service from Nick's nursery Rgds Sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Selleri

Cucamelon mystery perhaps solved

Cucamelons Mike to look at are miniature water melons ,delicate netted markings in green ,very effective actually. They are at the biggest an inch long and about half inch wide.quite thick skinned...
    Cucamelons Mike to look at are miniature water melons ,delicate netted markings in green ,very effective actually. They are at the biggest an inch long and about half inch wide.quite thick skinned and all is eaten. I find them ok with salads but not a fruity type. I find the taste bland. More of...
    Cucamelons Mike to look at are miniature water melons ,delicate netted markings in green ,very effective actually. They are at the biggest an inch long and about half inch wide.quite thick skinned and all is eaten. I find them ok with salads but...
    Cucamelons Mike to look at are miniature water melons ,delicate netted markings in green ,very effective actually. They are at the biggest an inch long and about half inch wide.quite thick skinned...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ARMANDII

CHILLIES 2020

Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional....
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional. Garlic smoke bombs etc. I use nematodes every year for slugs so not adverse to biological controls....
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional. Garlic smoke bombs etc. I use nematodes every year for...
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional....
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. polypody

Strawberry Ostara

It's usually the opposite problem.....keeping up with and removing them :biggrin: Lovely, tasty variety, though :dbgrtmb:
    It's usually the opposite problem.....keeping up with and removing them :biggrin: Lovely, tasty variety, though :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice