1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. djdelmar

triploid watermelon seeds

anyone know a good place to get em? i understand to grow seedless you must pollinate the triploid with a normal melon. been searching a while now haven't found much perhaps it's because people...
    anyone know a good place to get em? i understand to grow seedless you must pollinate the triploid with a normal melon. been searching a while now haven't found much perhaps it's because people consider it gmo and don't feel its safe?
    anyone know a good place to get em? i understand to grow seedless you must pollinate the triploid with a normal melon. been searching a while now haven't found much perhaps it's because people consider it gmo and don't feel its safe?
    anyone know a good place to get em? i understand to grow seedless you must pollinate the triploid with a normal melon. been searching a while now haven't found much perhaps it's because people...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Scrungee

Wilkos 15Kg sacks of potatoes (online)

I've just noticed that Wilkos are selling online 15Kg sacks of seed spuds for £15 (£1.07/Kg). Free delivery to store for collection (haven't seen them instore). http://www.wilko.com/garden-seeds...
    I've just noticed that Wilkos are selling online 15Kg sacks of seed spuds for £15 (£1.07/Kg). Free delivery to store for collection (haven't seen them instore). http://www.wilko.com/garden-seeds bulbs/onion...
    I've just noticed that Wilkos are selling online 15Kg sacks of seed spuds for £15 (£1.07/Kg). Free delivery to store for collection (haven't seen them instore). http://www.wilko.com/garden-seeds bulbs/onion...
    I've just noticed that Wilkos are selling online 15Kg sacks of seed spuds for £15 (£1.07/Kg). Free delivery to store for collection (haven't seen them instore). http://www.wilko.com/garden-seeds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Annemieke

How to grow decent mooli/white radish/daikon

We grow white radish every year, just to have something fresh to gnaw on throughout the autumn. However, I find that about half of them don't taste good. The other half I could eat all in one...
    We grow white radish every year, just to have something fresh to gnaw on throughout the autumn. However, I find that about half of them don't taste good. The other half I could eat all in one go! I can't quite describe the bad ones: they taste too earthy? There's something missing. The trouble...
    We grow white radish every year, just to have something fresh to gnaw on throughout the autumn. However, I find that about half of them don't taste good. The other half I could eat all in one go! I can't quite describe the bad ones: they taste...
    We grow white radish every year, just to have something fresh to gnaw on throughout the autumn. However, I find that about half of them don't taste good. The other half I could eat all in one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. GazSuttonUK

Courgette recipe - with tomato..

Anyone got a nice recipe for courgettes and tomatoes?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. SarahT

Butternut squash

Hi All,We finally moved house earlier this year and have a single butternut squash plant. It is in a pot as I knew they spread and didn't want it to take up the whole of the 6x4 raised veg bed....
    Hi All,We finally moved house earlier this year and have a single butternut squash plant. It is in a pot as I knew they spread and didn't want it to take up the whole of the 6x4 raised veg bed. It's trailing nicely across the gravel with one nicely expanding fruit. Two smaller fruit were...
    Hi All,We finally moved house earlier this year and have a single butternut squash plant. It is in a pot as I knew they spread and didn't want it to take up the whole of the 6x4 raised veg bed. It's trailing nicely across the gravel with one...
    Hi All,We finally moved house earlier this year and have a single butternut squash plant. It is in a pot as I knew they spread and didn't want it to take up the whole of the 6x4 raised veg bed....
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Smiley1987

Chilli plants over winter

Hi guys :)I'd like to sow some chilli seeds within the next few weeks or so even though its not the right time of year - if i were to keep them inside the house or conservatory is there a change...
    Hi guys :)I'd like to sow some chilli seeds within the next few weeks or so even though its not the right time of year - if i were to keep them inside the house or conservatory is there a change they could survive?Thanks
    Hi guys :)I'd like to sow some chilli seeds within the next few weeks or so even though its not the right time of year - if i were to keep them inside the house or conservatory is there a change they could survive?Thanks
    Hi guys :)I'd like to sow some chilli seeds within the next few weeks or so even though its not the right time of year - if i were to keep them inside the house or conservatory is there a change...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Triffid

2 headed Cauliflower...

looki here, my cauli sent off a side shoot and is growing another head - 2 for the price of 1! Already had this sucker off it:
    looki here, my cauli sent off a side shoot and is growing another head - 2 for the price of 1! Already had this sucker off it:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scrungee

Onion Storage Bags @ Poundland (+ suitable for other stuff)

Poundland are selling what appear to be the old design veg storage bags that Lakeland sold (with veggie pics on, rather than there new stuff that's labelled 'onion', 'potatoes', etc.). Lakeland...
    Poundland are selling what appear to be the old design veg storage bags that Lakeland sold (with veggie pics on, rather than there new stuff that's labelled 'onion', 'potatoes', etc.). Lakeland have the new design on 'special' at £2.99 , or you can get them for £1 at Poundland - and they...
    Poundland are selling what appear to be the old design veg storage bags that Lakeland sold (with veggie pics on, rather than there new stuff that's labelled 'onion', 'potatoes', etc.). Lakeland have the new design on 'special' at £2.99 , or you...
    Poundland are selling what appear to be the old design veg storage bags that Lakeland sold (with veggie pics on, rather than there new stuff that's labelled 'onion', 'potatoes', etc.). Lakeland...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Loofah

Anyone have good gooseberry factoids?

Am putting together an article on the gooseberry so thought a few facts and opinions from gardeners and recipes would be in order. Any nuggets of information for me?
    Am putting together an article on the gooseberry so thought a few facts and opinions from gardeners and recipes would be in order. Any nuggets of information for me?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Scotkat

Apple Trres growing at Glamis Castle

Inside on the wall of the walled garden . They are now growing ever so quick.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. HarryS

Chillies When to Pick

A very common question when growing Chillies is "when do I pick them ?". This article I found on an American forum , is very helpful . :dbgrtmb: Harvesting: When Are My Peppers Ready to Pick?* * * * *...
    A very common question when growing Chillies is "when do I pick them ?". This article I found on an American forum , is very helpful . :dbgrtmb: Harvesting: When Are My Peppers Ready to Pick?* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Quick tips for harvesting:Use estimated days to maturity, pod size and...
    A very common question when growing Chillies is "when do I pick them ?". This article I found on an American forum , is very helpful . :dbgrtmb: Harvesting: When Are My Peppers Ready to Pick?* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Quick tips for...
    A very common question when growing Chillies is "when do I pick them ?". This article I found on an American forum , is very helpful . :dbgrtmb: Harvesting: When Are My Peppers Ready to Pick?* * * * *...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Annemieke

spindly asparagus spears

We've had our bed producing for oh, 15 years. Every year I have the same question, but this time I know where to go. Many spears come up, some nice and thick but most thin and spindly. I always...
    We've had our bed producing for oh, 15 years. Every year I have the same question, but this time I know where to go. Many spears come up, some nice and thick but most thin and spindly. I always wonder whether the bed is getting old; whether we don't feed them enough; or whether the thin ones are...
    We've had our bed producing for oh, 15 years. Every year I have the same question, but this time I know where to go. Many spears come up, some nice and thick but most thin and spindly. I always wonder whether the bed is getting old; whether we...
    We've had our bed producing for oh, 15 years. Every year I have the same question, but this time I know where to go. Many spears come up, some nice and thick but most thin and spindly. I always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. GazSuttonUK

Runner beans..

I sowed some Runner Beans a while back, they have all germinated...unfortunately I have got the ground prepared and they have gone a bit leggy..... Can I put them in the ground deeper than what...
    I sowed some Runner Beans a while back, they have all germinated...unfortunately I have got the ground prepared and they have gone a bit leggy..... Can I put them in the ground deeper than what they are growing in their trays at the moment. Cheers...
    I sowed some Runner Beans a while back, they have all germinated...unfortunately I have got the ground prepared and they have gone a bit leggy..... Can I put them in the ground deeper than what they are growing in their trays at the moment. Cheers...
    I sowed some Runner Beans a while back, they have all germinated...unfortunately I have got the ground prepared and they have gone a bit leggy..... Can I put them in the ground deeper than what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. maltaron

Brussel sprouts in Cornwall

Has anyone tried growing brussels in South East Cornwall. I have been trying for 5 years with little success. Other greenstuff is fine with purple sprouting best. If anyone knows a variety of...
    Has anyone tried growing brussels in South East Cornwall. I have been trying for 5 years with little success. Other greenstuff is fine with purple sprouting best. If anyone knows a variety of brussells which suit Cornish soil I would be pleased to know. I have tried all the normal ones...
    Has anyone tried growing brussels in South East Cornwall. I have been trying for 5 years with little success. Other greenstuff is fine with purple sprouting best. If anyone knows a variety of brussells which suit Cornish soil I would be pleased...
    Has anyone tried growing brussels in South East Cornwall. I have been trying for 5 years with little success. Other greenstuff is fine with purple sprouting best. If anyone knows a variety of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rustyroots

Feeding garlic.

Hi all,I planted my garlic in October time and it seems to be doing well. Do I need to feed it at all and if so what with? Will general fertiliser do?Rusty
    Hi all,I planted my garlic in October time and it seems to be doing well. Do I need to feed it at all and if so what with? Will general fertiliser do?Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Julie D

Strawberries!!!!

I have an interest in growing strawberries and wish to add more varieties to my collection. Does anyone know a supplier of many varieties where I can purchase a couple of each? I have looked...
    I have an interest in growing strawberries and wish to add more varieties to my collection. Does anyone know a supplier of many varieties where I can purchase a couple of each? I have looked without success.
    I have an interest in growing strawberries and wish to add more varieties to my collection. Does anyone know a supplier of many varieties where I can purchase a couple of each? I have looked without success.
    I have an interest in growing strawberries and wish to add more varieties to my collection. Does anyone know a supplier of many varieties where I can purchase a couple of each? I have looked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Madahhlia

Grapevine pruning query

I have a grapevine (Madeleine Sylvaner) that I've pruned into a t-shape, i.e. a main stem about 2 feet tall with two permanent arms around 6-8 feet long at that level. I have left on a couple of...
    I have a grapevine (Madeleine Sylvaner) that I've pruned into a t-shape, i.e. a main stem about 2 feet tall with two permanent arms around 6-8 feet long at that level. I have left on a couple of long new growths from the bottom, a couple going sideways from the top of the trunk and one from the...
    I have a grapevine (Madeleine Sylvaner) that I've pruned into a t-shape, i.e. a main stem about 2 feet tall with two permanent arms around 6-8 feet long at that level. I have left on a couple of long new growths from the bottom, a couple going...
    I have a grapevine (Madeleine Sylvaner) that I've pruned into a t-shape, i.e. a main stem about 2 feet tall with two permanent arms around 6-8 feet long at that level. I have left on a couple of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. FatBoy

Mushroom Kit - Can I reproduce the spores?

I bought a mushroom kit today, the idea behind this is if it goes well then I'll try the 'exotic' mushroom varieties. There's 2 bags in the kit - one is a base layer of some type of compost...
    I bought a mushroom kit today, the idea behind this is if it goes well then I'll try the 'exotic' mushroom varieties. There's 2 bags in the kit - one is a base layer of some type of compost and the other is a top layer of innoculated spores. I'm wondering about a thin layer of worm-poop...
    I bought a mushroom kit today, the idea behind this is if it goes well then I'll try the 'exotic' mushroom varieties. There's 2 bags in the kit - one is a base layer of some type of compost and the other is a top layer of innoculated...
    I bought a mushroom kit today, the idea behind this is if it goes well then I'll try the 'exotic' mushroom varieties. There's 2 bags in the kit - one is a base layer of some type of compost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. alex-adam

Cobnuts / Filberts in the north of England

Do any members have experience of growing Cobnuts / Filberts in the northern part of England as a fruiting crop not just as a native hedge? Information on suitable / sucessful varieties would be...
    Do any members have experience of growing Cobnuts / Filberts in the northern part of England as a fruiting crop not just as a native hedge? Information on suitable / sucessful varieties would be appreciated. a-a
    Do any members have experience of growing Cobnuts / Filberts in the northern part of England as a fruiting crop not just as a native hedge? Information on suitable / sucessful varieties would be appreciated. a-a
    Do any members have experience of growing Cobnuts / Filberts in the northern part of England as a fruiting crop not just as a native hedge? Information on suitable / sucessful varieties would be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Scrungee

Morrisons Onion Sets

Are back instore, 40 large sets for £1. I've just weighed my bags of Sturon & Red Baron and they were 364g and 312g respectively (including packaging) so large sets like last year's and the same...
    Are back instore, 40 large sets for £1. I've just weighed my bags of Sturon & Red Baron and they were 364g and 312g respectively (including packaging) so large sets like last year's and the same price. From 16/1/12: The Sturon are about the same price as Wilkos, but the Red Baron are half...
    Are back instore, 40 large sets for £1. I've just weighed my bags of Sturon & Red Baron and they were 364g and 312g respectively (including packaging) so large sets like last year's and the same price. From 16/1/12: The Sturon are about the...
    Are back instore, 40 large sets for £1. I've just weighed my bags of Sturon & Red Baron and they were 364g and 312g respectively (including packaging) so large sets like last year's and the same...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice