1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. robbsy1

Garlic

Thanks for that paladin
    Thanks for that paladin
    Thanks for that paladin
    Thanks for that paladin
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. rosietutu

Gooseberries

Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as expected! I now know a lot more about gooseberry varieties than I did before - one of the many...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as expected! I now know a lot more about gooseberry...
    Hi, I'm glad you are pleased with your plants. Sometimes with mail order you don't always get quite what you'd hoped. Will be interested to know how they progress, and if they taste as good as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. GARDENANGEL

WATER CRESS

Pete, watercress is lovely in a salad and is extremely good for you, has lots vitamin C and helps prevent cancer. Also, as Jamie Oliver says, 'it's got a nice peppery taste'!! :D [ 30....
    Pete, watercress is lovely in a salad and is extremely good for you, has lots vitamin C and helps prevent cancer. Also, as Jamie Oliver says, 'it's got a nice peppery taste'!! :D [ 30. November 2005, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: jjordie ]
    Pete, watercress is lovely in a salad and is extremely good for you, has lots vitamin C and helps prevent cancer. Also, as Jamie Oliver says, 'it's got a nice peppery taste'!! :D [ 30. November 2005, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: jjordie ]
    Pete, watercress is lovely in a salad and is extremely good for you, has lots vitamin C and helps prevent cancer. Also, as Jamie Oliver says, 'it's got a nice peppery taste'!! :D [ 30....
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. colin

CRANBERRY PLANTS

Cranberry tablets available from www.healthspan.co.uk [ 21. November 2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: jjordie ]
    Cranberry tablets available from www.healthspan.co.uk [ 21. November 2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: jjordie ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. rosietutu

Gooseberries

Re Gooseberries, I contacted "Future Forests" in Ireland and for a modest price they are mailing two bushes one.. Golden Drop and I settled for a red.. Crown Bob which I had never heard of, be...
    Re Gooseberries, I contacted "Future Forests" in Ireland and for a modest price they are mailing two bushes one.. Golden Drop and I settled for a red.. Crown Bob which I had never heard of, be interesting I will keep you posted.
    Re Gooseberries, I contacted "Future Forests" in Ireland and for a modest price they are mailing two bushes one.. Golden Drop and I settled for a red.. Crown Bob which I had never heard of, be interesting I will keep you posted.
    Re Gooseberries, I contacted "Future Forests" in Ireland and for a modest price they are mailing two bushes one.. Golden Drop and I settled for a red.. Crown Bob which I had never heard of, be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ewal

Broad Beans

hmm i planted some b/beans early october . as recommended on the packet......theyre now flowering, although only 12" tall, so i ve been using tops as veg and i expect rest will end up in the soup...
    hmm i planted some b/beans early october . as recommended on the packet......theyre now flowering, although only 12" tall, so i ve been using tops as veg and i expect rest will end up in the soup pot ,,,,,, along with carrot sown August....... now 2" long and rather ,, well small i think they...
    hmm i planted some b/beans early october . as recommended on the packet......theyre now flowering, although only 12" tall, so i ve been using tops as veg and i expect rest will end up in the soup pot ,,,,,, along with carrot sown August..........
    hmm i planted some b/beans early october . as recommended on the packet......theyre now flowering, although only 12" tall, so i ve been using tops as veg and i expect rest will end up in the soup...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. frogesque

Pink Grapefruit

Out of the citrus plants grapefruit is the one that will often flower as a small plant, grown them all myself and have had a good few seedling grapefruits flower
    Out of the citrus plants grapefruit is the one that will often flower as a small plant, grown them all myself and have had a good few seedling grapefruits flower
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ewal

Shallots

Yeah I always grow shallots now instead of onions. As you say they do keep well, but usually I cant grow enough to last much passed Feb, as we eat them all the time, instead of onions.
    Yeah I always grow shallots now instead of onions. As you say they do keep well, but usually I cant grow enough to last much passed Feb, as we eat them all the time, instead of onions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. babyshambles1984

Food Crops

This does sound rather like course homework so really you should do your own research.However, suppose you were to cook a vegitarian meal, what sort of raw ingrediants could you use, what would...
    This does sound rather like course homework so really you should do your own research.However, suppose you were to cook a vegitarian meal, what sort of raw ingrediants could you use, what would you choose them for and then look at how they are grown and harvested.Big hint ;) Google/Ask...
    This does sound rather like course homework so really you should do your own research.However, suppose you were to cook a vegitarian meal, what sort of raw ingrediants could you use, what would you choose them for and then look at how they are...
    This does sound rather like course homework so really you should do your own research.However, suppose you were to cook a vegitarian meal, what sort of raw ingrediants could you use, what would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ewal

Runner beans

I tried many years ago saving runner bean roots over winter, and although they do grow the following year there didn't seem much benefit in doing so. I never seemed to get beans any earlier than...
    I tried many years ago saving runner bean roots over winter, and although they do grow the following year there didn't seem much benefit in doing so. I never seemed to get beans any earlier than from seed raised plants.
    I tried many years ago saving runner bean roots over winter, and although they do grow the following year there didn't seem much benefit in doing so. I never seemed to get beans any earlier than from seed raised plants.
    I tried many years ago saving runner bean roots over winter, and although they do grow the following year there didn't seem much benefit in doing so. I never seemed to get beans any earlier than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. babyshambles1984

FOOD CROPS *HELP!*

Thank you!your a big help
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. russell

corchettes

Spot on Pete!Phil
    Spot on Pete!Phil
    Spot on Pete!Phil
    Spot on Pete!Phil
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. David G

Courgettes

I go with you Pete.Phil
    I go with you Pete.Phil
    I go with you Pete.Phil
    I go with you Pete.Phil
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. tonydsam

Cauliflower spots

Hi tonysdam.Sounds like leaf spot to me. This can be caused by several different fungi. Round spots appear on leaves and later fall out leaving lots of holes.The main factor that contributes...
    Hi tonysdam.Sounds like leaf spot to me. This can be caused by several different fungi. Round spots appear on leaves and later fall out leaving lots of holes.The main factor that contributes to leaf spot in brassicas, but particularly sprouts, is growing them too soft. Next year, when you're...
    Hi tonysdam.Sounds like leaf spot to me. This can be caused by several different fungi. Round spots appear on leaves and later fall out leaving lots of holes.The main factor that contributes to leaf spot in brassicas, but particularly...
    Hi tonysdam.Sounds like leaf spot to me. This can be caused by several different fungi. Round spots appear on leaves and later fall out leaving lots of holes.The main factor that contributes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. elainefiz

Blackcurrent "Ben Sarek"

thanks Liz!
    thanks Liz!
    thanks Liz!
    thanks Liz!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. em

butternut squashes

lucky you!! mine appear to be eunuchs......am giving them one more week then thats it, i will compost the lot and grow pumpkins next year! lol em
    lucky you!! mine appear to be eunuchs......am giving them one more week then thats it, i will compost the lot and grow pumpkins next year! lol em
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sewer rat

veggie seeds

If you have a greenhouse or just a cold frame, she could sow mixed salad leaves now and be eating them in a month's time!
    If you have a greenhouse or just a cold frame, she could sow mixed salad leaves now and be eating them in a month's time!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. EllieMiller1

Red Gooseberries...

Yummy....reminds me of survival training in the Brecon Beacons,especially the RED warm ones :D
    Yummy....reminds me of survival training in the Brecon Beacons,especially the RED warm ones :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Capercaillie

Potato Problems

You learn something new every day!!! Now it appears I have had 'sprang' in my spuds almost every year! And every year I've tried different pots. (Don't give up, Foxy!)
    You learn something new every day!!! Now it appears I have had 'sprang' in my spuds almost every year! And every year I've tried different pots. (Don't give up, Foxy!)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. podex

yellow cucumber

Lets see the pic podex, sounds interesting. :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice