1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Gardening Newbie

Crop Rotation

Hi ,Helen.Don't do veg anymore, forced labour as a youngster, only bad memories!But as long as you don't put the same crop in the same place for at least 3 years you should be o.k.It's the...
    Hi ,Helen.Don't do veg anymore, forced labour as a youngster, only bad memories!But as long as you don't put the same crop in the same place for at least 3 years you should be o.k.It's the brassicas you have to careful with, root problems.I also had a problem with manure, the ground was...
    Hi ,Helen.Don't do veg anymore, forced labour as a youngster, only bad memories!But as long as you don't put the same crop in the same place for at least 3 years you should be o.k.It's the brassicas you have to careful with, root...
    Hi ,Helen.Don't do veg anymore, forced labour as a youngster, only bad memories!But as long as you don't put the same crop in the same place for at least 3 years you should be o.k.It's the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Neil

Potatoes

they usually do recover, puts them back a bit though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. aqua

Sweetcorn

I've not grown sweetcorn for years, but I know there are a lot of newer varietys out there now. I bet there must be one thats good in containers although you would need to feed and water well and...
    I've not grown sweetcorn for years, but I know there are a lot of newer varietys out there now. I bet there must be one thats good in containers although you would need to feed and water well and not expect a large crop. I think 2-3 cobs is about right Will, they do like warm conditions,...
    I've not grown sweetcorn for years, but I know there are a lot of newer varietys out there now. I bet there must be one thats good in containers although you would need to feed and water well and not expect a large crop. I think 2-3 cobs is...
    I've not grown sweetcorn for years, but I know there are a lot of newer varietys out there now. I bet there must be one thats good in containers although you would need to feed and water well and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jukeboxnsm

Radishes

I dont think radishes transplant well. Keep em in the carrier bag. [ May 23, 2005, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: pete2255 ]
    I dont think radishes transplant well. Keep em in the carrier bag. [ May 23, 2005, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: pete2255 ]
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. borgs

Growing tomato plants indoors in 10" plant pots - how much water?

Forgot to say: they are in a loamy / compost type soil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. dannytrose

Neglected Area / Veg Advice

Oh, happy you to have such a bank canvass! I put in lots and lots of purple sprouting broccoli for over-wintering and reap the harvest in very early spring. It gives me a great sense of...
    Oh, happy you to have such a bank canvass! I put in lots and lots of purple sprouting broccoli for over-wintering and reap the harvest in very early spring. It gives me a great sense of satisfaction to pick buckets of the stuff when it's �£1.99 for a handful of floppy sprouts in the...
    Oh, happy you to have such a bank canvass! I put in lots and lots of purple sprouting broccoli for over-wintering and reap the harvest in very early spring. It gives me a great sense of satisfaction to pick buckets of the stuff when it's �£1.99...
    Oh, happy you to have such a bank canvass! I put in lots and lots of purple sprouting broccoli for over-wintering and reap the harvest in very early spring. It gives me a great sense of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. 6inchesunder

Potato plants not 'earthed up'

This is from the HDRA fact sheetCultivationEarthing up Potatoes can be 'earthed up' as they grow, bringing soil up around the shoots. This helps control weeds, prevents the tubers turning...
    This is from the HDRA fact sheetCultivationEarthing up Potatoes can be 'earthed up' as they grow, bringing soil up around the shoots. This helps control weeds, prevents the tubers turning green and gives some protection against tuber blight. Do it first when plants are around 15cm (6in)...
    This is from the HDRA fact sheetCultivationEarthing up Potatoes can be 'earthed up' as they grow, bringing soil up around the shoots. This helps control weeds, prevents the tubers turning green and gives some protection against tuber...
    This is from the HDRA fact sheetCultivationEarthing up Potatoes can be 'earthed up' as they grow, bringing soil up around the shoots. This helps control weeds, prevents the tubers turning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Capercaillie

Tomato - The best all-rounder

I'm growing a few varieties (all organic)gardeners delight green zebra aunt madge orange banana mexican honeyall outdoorsI hope I get something from one of them :D its my first time...
    I'm growing a few varieties (all organic)gardeners delight green zebra aunt madge orange banana mexican honeyall outdoorsI hope I get something from one of them :D its my first time growing them
    I'm growing a few varieties (all organic)gardeners delight green zebra aunt madge orange banana mexican honeyall outdoorsI hope I get something from one of them :D its my first time growing them
    I'm growing a few varieties (all organic)gardeners delight green zebra aunt madge orange banana mexican honeyall outdoorsI hope I get something from one of them :D its my first time...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. keith

Tomatoes

yup it did too :DI'll make a note of that for next year
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. gofoit2

Strawberrys

Cheers, thank you very much
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. slugbug

cucumber plants

I think you've got to be careful with the watering until they are established, especially when is cool cloudy weather.
    I think you've got to be careful with the watering until they are established, especially when is cool cloudy weather.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Wrightyathome

Male & Female Cucumbers

I just looked up "marketmore" on google, it doesn't say that it is female only, so I would assume it is male/female.The way to tell the difference between a male and female flower is easy, a...
    I just looked up "marketmore" on google, it doesn't say that it is female only, so I would assume it is male/female.The way to tell the difference between a male and female flower is easy, a female flower has a tiny cucmber at the base of the yellow flower, a male flower is just a flower.Nathan
    I just looked up "marketmore" on google, it doesn't say that it is female only, so I would assume it is male/female.The way to tell the difference between a male and female flower is easy, a female flower has a tiny cucmber at the base of the...
    I just looked up "marketmore" on google, it doesn't say that it is female only, so I would assume it is male/female.The way to tell the difference between a male and female flower is easy, a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. slugbug

Tomato gardeners delight

Thanks all for that confirmation. I have been removing the side shoots but then someone told me they thought with that variety you don't need to. Great sight for all the expert help us novices...
    Thanks all for that confirmation. I have been removing the side shoots but then someone told me they thought with that variety you don't need to. Great sight for all the expert help us novices need.Keep up the good work.
    Thanks all for that confirmation. I have been removing the side shoots but then someone told me they thought with that variety you don't need to. Great sight for all the expert help us novices need.Keep up the good work.
    Thanks all for that confirmation. I have been removing the side shoots but then someone told me they thought with that variety you don't need to. Great sight for all the expert help us novices...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jpb1958

Kohl Rabi

I grew Ruby Chard a few years ago in my garden and not the veg patch. Not too fussy about it but hey....It was somehting different. John
    I grew Ruby Chard a few years ago in my garden and not the veg patch. Not too fussy about it but hey....It was somehting different. John
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Mini

Sowing salad seeds - help

Hi, yes I love rocket, also lambs lettuce so I was trying to grow that as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. aqua

Tomato Seeds

How do you know if it's a F1? Does it say on the packet? (makes mental note to check packet)
    How do you know if it's a F1? Does it say on the packet? (makes mental note to check packet)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kaptainzep

Problem with cayene pepper

Presume you only have the one cayene plant, so nothing to compare it with. Not grown them myself, so dont really know if this is normal, but it dont sound right. It could possibly be a virus,...
    Presume you only have the one cayene plant, so nothing to compare it with. Not grown them myself, so dont really know if this is normal, but it dont sound right. It could possibly be a virus, which are usually spread by greenfly. I think you've done the right thing in separating it from the...
    Presume you only have the one cayene plant, so nothing to compare it with. Not grown them myself, so dont really know if this is normal, but it dont sound right. It could possibly be a virus, which are usually spread by greenfly. I think you've...
    Presume you only have the one cayene plant, so nothing to compare it with. Not grown them myself, so dont really know if this is normal, but it dont sound right. It could possibly be a virus,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. billthefire

Rhubarb leaves

Hello Bill, Point of clarification regarding mixture-add 50 ml solution to 1 ltr cold water. Best wishes, Gerald.
    Hello Bill, Point of clarification regarding mixture-add 50 ml solution to 1 ltr cold water. Best wishes, Gerald.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Hannah

Jersey Royals

Hannah, I really wouldn't try planting new potatos, bought from a supermarket. They have just stopped growing now and need a resting stage. I agree with Mrs Cloudy, it is a bit too late to plant...
    Hannah, I really wouldn't try planting new potatos, bought from a supermarket. They have just stopped growing now and need a resting stage. I agree with Mrs Cloudy, it is a bit too late to plant now, mainly because unless someone can let you have some seed, I dont think you'll find any for...
    Hannah, I really wouldn't try planting new potatos, bought from a supermarket. They have just stopped growing now and need a resting stage. I agree with Mrs Cloudy, it is a bit too late to plant now, mainly because unless someone can let you...
    Hannah, I really wouldn't try planting new potatos, bought from a supermarket. They have just stopped growing now and need a resting stage. I agree with Mrs Cloudy, it is a bit too late to plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Neil

Veg

Thanks for that pete,I can relax now
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice