1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. ARMANDII

VEGETABLE GROWING 2020

New Thread Here:-Vegetable Growing 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Loofah
    Like x 4

I'm with cucamelon

Must admit that I can't see me growing them again next year, I have 6 plants in the greenhouse this year and none of my family like the taste, its just a lot of effort when no one likes them...
    Must admit that I can't see me growing them again next year, I have 6 plants in the greenhouse this year and none of my family like the taste, its just a lot of effort when no one likes them plus I had no luck in over winter the roots /tubers and I treated them like a Dahlia.
    Must admit that I can't see me growing them again next year, I have 6 plants in the greenhouse this year and none of my family like the taste, its just a lot of effort when no one likes them plus I had no luck in over winter the roots /tubers...
    Must admit that I can't see me growing them again next year, I have 6 plants in the greenhouse this year and none of my family like the taste, its just a lot of effort when no one likes them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. james swann

Chilli plants pictures progression so far

Wow sounds like you manage to get a fair amount in then lol :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Steve R

Pumpkin growing challenge 2017

Build a bridge out of it :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fat Controller
    Like x 3

Tatties

Of the five failed grafted TomTatoes, three were planted in the plot pictured above.So, two remaining, and I also had two pot bound runner beans that needed to be transplanted asap.Yep, you've...
    Of the five failed grafted TomTatoes, three were planted in the plot pictured above.So, two remaining, and I also had two pot bound runner beans that needed to be transplanted asap.Yep, you've guessed it...Conventional wisdom says that a plant can only be grafted to another plant belonging...
    Of the five failed grafted TomTatoes, three were planted in the plot pictured above.So, two remaining, and I also had two pot bound runner beans that needed to be transplanted asap.Yep, you've guessed it...Conventional wisdom says that a...
    Of the five failed grafted TomTatoes, three were planted in the plot pictured above.So, two remaining, and I also had two pot bound runner beans that needed to be transplanted asap.Yep, you've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. JWK

Potato growing 2021

2022 thread : Potato growing 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK

Vegetable Growing 2021

New thread: Vegetable Growing 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spruce
    Like x 5

Tomato Competition 2014

I seem to have grown the largest tomato once again but I'm a bit of a cheat, the seed of the variety I use is not available in the UK, although seed for the world record variety (Delicious) is...
    I seem to have grown the largest tomato once again but I'm a bit of a cheat, the seed of the variety I use is not available in the UK, although seed for the world record variety (Delicious) is apparently.I am going to try to find out if it's feasible to export the seed I use to the UK.
    I seem to have grown the largest tomato once again but I'm a bit of a cheat, the seed of the variety I use is not available in the UK, although seed for the world record variety (Delicious) is apparently.I am going to try to find out if it's...
    I seem to have grown the largest tomato once again but I'm a bit of a cheat, the seed of the variety I use is not available in the UK, although seed for the world record variety (Delicious) is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Loofah

The 2016 Chilli Thread

We've just come back from a week's holiday and the chillies are looking very healthy (a friend watered them every day). We had a message on our answerphone from a local Indian restaurant saying...
    We've just come back from a week's holiday and the chillies are looking very healthy (a friend watered them every day). We had a message on our answerphone from a local Indian restaurant saying that they wanted more chilli plants. So Mrs Shiney sold six more plants to them. :blue thumb:
    We've just come back from a week's holiday and the chillies are looking very healthy (a friend watered them every day). We had a message on our answerphone from a local Indian restaurant saying that they wanted more chilli plants. So Mrs Shiney...
    We've just come back from a week's holiday and the chillies are looking very healthy (a friend watered them every day). We had a message on our answerphone from a local Indian restaurant saying...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Steve R
    Like x 4

Pumpkin growing and carving challenge 2016

Record-breaking pumpkin sets sail at Hyde HallStuart WoodwardBBC EssexPosted at12:43 Not only does a 95 stone (600kg) pumpkin float, it's pretty nippy in the water too.It's pictured...
    Record-breaking pumpkin sets sail at Hyde HallStuart WoodwardBBC EssexPosted at12:43 Not only does a 95 stone (600kg) pumpkin float, it's pretty nippy in the water too.It's pictured closest as it takes part in the "world's first pumpkin boat race" at Hyde Hall near Chelmsford.
    Record-breaking pumpkin sets sail at Hyde HallStuart WoodwardBBC EssexPosted at12:43 Not only does a 95 stone (600kg) pumpkin float, it's pretty nippy in the water too.It's pictured closest as it takes part in the "world's first pumpkin...
    Record-breaking pumpkin sets sail at Hyde HallStuart WoodwardBBC EssexPosted at12:43 Not only does a 95 stone (600kg) pumpkin float, it's pretty nippy in the water too.It's pictured...
    image.jpeg pumpkin 2016.jpg WP_20160606_001.jpg WP_20160606_002.jpg 1465835542691.jpg 20160613_180830.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Chillimad
    Like x 6

Chilli growing for 2013

Thanks, Penny. This is a good time of year for harvesting them. They usually continue through to Jan/Feb but November is the best time.
    Thanks, Penny. This is a good time of year for harvesting them. They usually continue through to Jan/Feb but November is the best time.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

Potato Growing 2023

Link to new threadPotato Growing 2024
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Freddy

Greens

Right-o Dai :thumb: One thing then, when my B/Beans come out, I have some PSB waiting to go in. Could I Lime immediately prior to planting ? Also, I have some Lime, on the box it just says Garden...
    Right-o Dai :thumb: One thing then, when my B/Beans come out, I have some PSB waiting to go in. Could I Lime immediately prior to planting ? Also, I have some Lime, on the box it just says Garden Lime (Granules). Will that do ? Cheers...freddy.
    Right-o Dai :thumb: One thing then, when my B/Beans come out, I have some PSB waiting to go in. Could I Lime immediately prior to planting ? Also, I have some Lime, on the box it just says Garden Lime (Granules). Will that do ? Cheers...freddy.
    Right-o Dai :thumb: One thing then, when my B/Beans come out, I have some PSB waiting to go in. Could I Lime immediately prior to planting ? Also, I have some Lime, on the box it just says Garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Phil A

Giant onions 2016

I did ta, had the same for lunch :biggrin:I've been bitten to badgery by the things :yikes:
    I did ta, had the same for lunch :biggrin:I've been bitten to badgery by the things :yikes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jenny namaste

Tomato Seed swap 2013

Hiya Jenny!! :spinning:I just wanted to let you know that the seeds arrived this morning....thanks again.:yay:
    Hiya Jenny!! :spinning:I just wanted to let you know that the seeds arrived this morning....thanks again.:yay:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII

CHILLIES 2020

Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional....
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional. Garlic smoke bombs etc. I use nematodes every year for slugs so not adverse to biological controls....
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional. Garlic smoke bombs etc. I use nematodes every year for...
    Not tried those, thought about it but not worth the bother as i give 95% of chilies away, tried various sprays based on seaweed and other organic ingredients, both home made and professional....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. nFrost
    Like x 6

2015 Growing Season

Glad I put the cloche on the Mayan Glod spuds last night, winds turned much colderHad a look at the West Bay Royals too, not doing bad for 1st of Jan :)
    Glad I put the cloche on the Mayan Glod spuds last night, winds turned much colderHad a look at the West Bay Royals too, not doing bad for 1st of Jan :)
    20150201_125544.jpg 003.JPG CIMG0033 (600x800).jpg CIMG0057 (600x800).jpg CIMG0091 (800x600).jpg CIMG0055 (800x600).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 8

Gardener's Delight Tomato Seed Germination and Growing Thread

CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sheal
    Like x 9

A Rare Vintage Tomato

I wish I could I don't have a greenhouse and the climate's not good enough up here to grow them or any other tomato outside - although I've tried. :sad:
    I wish I could I don't have a greenhouse and the climate's not good enough up here to grow them or any other tomato outside - although I've tried. :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jiffy

Tips for growing Parsnips

I'm wondering if sowing a 'turnip root' variety of parsnip such as Kral might overcome the forking problem if parsnips sown in tubes are left too long before planting out.
    I'm wondering if sowing a 'turnip root' variety of parsnip such as Kral might overcome the forking problem if parsnips sown in tubes are left too long before planting out.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice