Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Nikos Koukos

Transplanting Sprouts

As Nigel says a late autumn/winter crop. To me it's a bit early, no rush as they say.I used to sprinkle a ring of lime about 6 inches from the stems, it keeps slugs away as well.
    As Nigel says a late autumn/winter crop. To me it's a bit early, no rush as they say.I used to sprinkle a ring of lime about 6 inches from the stems, it keeps slugs away as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. WorthingBloke

Green aphids on raspberry plant?

The bug spray would probably kill the ladybirds as well so you will have to stop applying that if you want nature to sort your aphid problem.
    The bug spray would probably kill the ladybirds as well so you will have to stop applying that if you want nature to sort your aphid problem.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. CarolineL

Damage on seedlings - cause please?

Looks like flea beetle damage
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Nikos Koukos

Fungus Gnats in New Raised Bed

Honestly as always this forum proves to be the fountain of knowledge. I'll do exactly this and let it rest. Thanks for the help everyone
    Honestly as always this forum proves to be the fountain of knowledge. I'll do exactly this and let it rest. Thanks for the help everyone
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Shyam

Tomato plant leaves problem

Hi,That does look rather poor, think we would keep it in the greenhouse all day as outside in this sun and strong wind (in some areas) could be drying it out too much.Also the nights can be...
    Hi,That does look rather poor, think we would keep it in the greenhouse all day as outside in this sun and strong wind (in some areas) could be drying it out too much.Also the nights can be near to freezing ( again in some areas) so assuming you do not have any heat in there it might be...
    Hi,That does look rather poor, think we would keep it in the greenhouse all day as outside in this sun and strong wind (in some areas) could be drying it out too much.Also the nights can be near to freezing ( again in some areas) so assuming...
    Hi,That does look rather poor, think we would keep it in the greenhouse all day as outside in this sun and strong wind (in some areas) could be drying it out too much.Also the nights can be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Alan Matthews

A chilli question

Hi,There is a dedicated Chillies 2020 thread that might help, also have a look at the Chillies 2019 very long thread, bound to be plenty of good info there.CHILLIES 2020
    Hi,There is a dedicated Chillies 2020 thread that might help, also have a look at the Chillies 2019 very long thread, bound to be plenty of good info there.CHILLIES 2020
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kennyhicks
    Like x 3

Everything is comimg up

Early days yet plenty of time in the day too as im working night shifts being diabetic im working when the public aren't allowed in the store.
    Early days yet plenty of time in the day too as im working night shifts being diabetic im working when the public aren't allowed in the store.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. David K

Training step-over apples.

Ah, OK. I never did that with the Espallier - I chopped the top off, at the next wire, each year and then took 3 shoots for Left, Up and Right. But the sideways ones I let just grow thereafter,...
    Ah, OK. I never did that with the Espallier - I chopped the top off, at the next wire, each year and then took 3 shoots for Left, Up and Right. But the sideways ones I let just grow thereafter, never reduced them (until they got to the end of the wire). I wonder if not having an apical shoot...
    Ah, OK. I never did that with the Espallier - I chopped the top off, at the next wire, each year and then took 3 shoots for Left, Up and Right. But the sideways ones I let just grow thereafter, never reduced them (until they got to the end of the...
    Ah, OK. I never did that with the Espallier - I chopped the top off, at the next wire, each year and then took 3 shoots for Left, Up and Right. But the sideways ones I let just grow thereafter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Blackburn

When to plant Runner Beans

NoYes:)They always take a step backward when planted out - a bit of wind and cold stops them dead IME. I grow some Dwarf French beans int he greenhouse for the "early beans", that takes the...
    NoYes:)They always take a step backward when planted out - a bit of wind and cold stops them dead IME. I grow some Dwarf French beans int he greenhouse for the "early beans", that takes the urgency off the Climbing Bean plant production.
    NoYes:)They always take a step backward when planted out - a bit of wind and cold stops them dead IME. I grow some Dwarf French beans int he greenhouse for the "early beans", that takes the urgency off the Climbing Bean plant production.
    NoYes:)They always take a step backward when planted out - a bit of wind and cold stops them dead IME. I grow some Dwarf French beans int he greenhouse for the "early beans", that takes the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Aldo

Planting Garlic and onions - Soaking and a few more questions

The cotton wool approach strikes me that it will cause some root damage at planting out.Either put them in the ground (without delay now ... they are short season crops influenced by when the...
    The cotton wool approach strikes me that it will cause some root damage at planting out.Either put them in the ground (without delay now ... they are short season crops influenced by when the day-length changes, so "late" won't catch up) or if ground is not ready in modules or pots (3" / 9cm)...
    The cotton wool approach strikes me that it will cause some root damage at planting out.Either put them in the ground (without delay now ... they are short season crops influenced by when the day-length changes, so "late" won't catch up) or if...
    The cotton wool approach strikes me that it will cause some root damage at planting out.Either put them in the ground (without delay now ... they are short season crops influenced by when the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Aldo

Beans germinated in paper smell funky - shall I thow them and start over?

Ah ... and there was I thinking you had some magic-recipe for Bean Germination that you weren't sharing :)
    Ah ... and there was I thinking you had some magic-recipe for Bean Germination that you weren't sharing :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Samflower

Leaf curl on tomato plants - finding it difficult to resolve!

:)I visited my cousin on Toronto many year ago ... he explained they only had two seasons there, "Winter" and "Construction" !
    :)I visited my cousin on Toronto many year ago ... he explained they only had two seasons there, "Winter" and "Construction" !
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kennyhicks

New to greenhouse growing

Veg too would be great thanks. Ive got tomatoes growing. Ordered my cucumber plants and peppers too. Already got salad and some veg in my beds. And fine beans runner beans and courgettes in my...
    Veg too would be great thanks. Ive got tomatoes growing. Ordered my cucumber plants and peppers too. Already got salad and some veg in my beds. And fine beans runner beans and courgettes in my mini green house on the grow
    Veg too would be great thanks. Ive got tomatoes growing. Ordered my cucumber plants and peppers too. Already got salad and some veg in my beds. And fine beans runner beans and courgettes in my mini green house on the grow
    Veg too would be great thanks. Ive got tomatoes growing. Ordered my cucumber plants and peppers too. Already got salad and some veg in my beds. And fine beans runner beans and courgettes in my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lukek

Fig help!!

Hmm. Doesn’t look good.
    Hmm. Doesn’t look good.
    Hmm. Doesn’t look good.
    Hmm. Doesn’t look good.
    8605C61B-CD79-4730-AA5F-891E557FE5C7.jpeg DSC_0039.JPG DSC_0040.JPG CA5D816A-F61F-4E8A-82DF-C8E3F40B1FED.jpeg CD200554-4887-4915-AA82-B084B81DB108.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tim B

Grape Vine help wanted please.

Thanks @pete - I'll have fun disentangling it :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nikos Koukos

New Vegetable Patch in Progress

I like the new timber border to the raised bed, on the slabs :)FWIW I put a Plank on my row of carrots after sowing, to keep it moist underneath. Watering them, on my heavy soil, creates a...
    I like the new timber border to the raised bed, on the slabs :)FWIW I put a Plank on my row of carrots after sowing, to keep it moist underneath. Watering them, on my heavy soil, creates a crust which i think impedes germination. Important to get the plank off before the seeds germinate...
    I like the new timber border to the raised bed, on the slabs :)FWIW I put a Plank on my row of carrots after sowing, to keep it moist underneath. Watering them, on my heavy soil, creates a crust which i think impedes germination. Important to...
    I like the new timber border to the raised bed, on the slabs :)FWIW I put a Plank on my row of carrots after sowing, to keep it moist underneath. Watering them, on my heavy soil, creates a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scotkat

Carrot,Sweetcorn among other veggies

Knicked !
    Knicked !
    Knicked !
    Knicked !
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul Blackburn

Can strawberry plants be moved

I agree, I was wondering about taking Runners off the old plants (grown direct into pots rat than allowing them to root in the old bed), and using those in the new bed ... but that's going to take...
    I agree, I was wondering about taking Runners off the old plants (grown direct into pots rat than allowing them to root in the old bed), and using those in the new bed ... but that's going to take a season ...
    I agree, I was wondering about taking Runners off the old plants (grown direct into pots rat than allowing them to root in the old bed), and using those in the new bed ... but that's going to take a season ...
    I agree, I was wondering about taking Runners off the old plants (grown direct into pots rat than allowing them to root in the old bed), and using those in the new bed ... but that's going to take...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul Blackburn

Problems with my Asparagus

I seem to be having a problem with my Asparagus.This is their third season so hoped to be able to harvest some.But recently I have noticed that the spearrs seem to be very soft almost rotten and...
    I seem to be having a problem with my Asparagus.This is their third season so hoped to be able to harvest some.But recently I have noticed that the spearrs seem to be very soft almost rotten and bent over.Was not sure what caused this so went online to see if I could get any information and...
    I seem to be having a problem with my Asparagus.This is their third season so hoped to be able to harvest some.But recently I have noticed that the spearrs seem to be very soft almost rotten and bent over.Was not sure what caused this so went...
    I seem to be having a problem with my Asparagus.This is their third season so hoped to be able to harvest some.But recently I have noticed that the spearrs seem to be very soft almost rotten and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice