1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Trunky

"DIY TomTato - Grafting Tomatoes onto Potatoes 2014"

@miraflores I had another go at them last year:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Mark B

How do you make a raised veg bed

Any thing can be grown in a raised bed
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R
    Like x 4

Vegetable Growing 2019

You certainly get some good results my friend, and everything looks so healthy. Long gone are my veggie growing days. Root veg often would cause a laugh, where mishapes were dug up. The weather...
    You certainly get some good results my friend, and everything looks so healthy. Long gone are my veggie growing days. Root veg often would cause a laugh, where mishapes were dug up. The weather at times played hell with the potato crop. Dry season and most turned out like moth balls. Wet...
    You certainly get some good results my friend, and everything looks so healthy. Long gone are my veggie growing days. Root veg often would cause a laugh, where mishapes were dug up. The weather at times played hell with the potato crop. Dry...
    You certainly get some good results my friend, and everything looks so healthy. Long gone are my veggie growing days. Root veg often would cause a laugh, where mishapes were dug up. The weather...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. longk
    Like x 7

What's looking exotic in July 2012

This is the first time that I've got a Sprekelia to bloom - treat 'em mean seems to work!!
    This is the first time that I've got a Sprekelia to bloom - treat 'em mean seems to work!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Logan
    Like x 12

Fruit Harvest

Even the ones without any outer casing adhering to the shells needed placing in a stack of plastic mushroom boxes a couple of nuts deep to dry out, or the shells (and kernels) go mouldy if put...
    Even the ones without any outer casing adhering to the shells needed placing in a stack of plastic mushroom boxes a couple of nuts deep to dry out, or the shells (and kernels) go mouldy if put straight into baskets. We've already shelled and eaten (raw + cookies) about 1 Kg, going to give away...
    Even the ones without any outer casing adhering to the shells needed placing in a stack of plastic mushroom boxes a couple of nuts deep to dry out, or the shells (and kernels) go mouldy if put straight into baskets. We've already shelled and...
    Even the ones without any outer casing adhering to the shells needed placing in a stack of plastic mushroom boxes a couple of nuts deep to dry out, or the shells (and kernels) go mouldy if put...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Phil A
    Like x 4

Giant Onions 2014

If you specifically want big 'uns, Kelsae are still the best :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Fat Controller

Cucumbers - is it time yet??

My lemon cucumber has gotten to the point I tied a string for it to climb! The straight 8 and marketmore (I think) that died/were eaten have not been replaced yet - I am growing them in 2 gallon...
    My lemon cucumber has gotten to the point I tied a string for it to climb! The straight 8 and marketmore (I think) that died/were eaten have not been replaced yet - I am growing them in 2 gallon pots till they are robust enough for the problems of where they go. But one is on the way up! Also...
    My lemon cucumber has gotten to the point I tied a string for it to climb! The straight 8 and marketmore (I think) that died/were eaten have not been replaced yet - I am growing them in 2 gallon pots till they are robust enough for the problems...
    My lemon cucumber has gotten to the point I tied a string for it to climb! The straight 8 and marketmore (I think) that died/were eaten have not been replaced yet - I am growing them in 2 gallon...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sheal

Red Peppers

Kristen, Freddy......so on the whole none of us are overly impressed about the growing of them. Good luck next year Freddy, let's hope you have more success then. :) I'll start thinking about what...
    Kristen, Freddy......so on the whole none of us are overly impressed about the growing of them. Good luck next year Freddy, let's hope you have more success then. :) I'll start thinking about what else I can try. :scratch:
    Kristen, Freddy......so on the whole none of us are overly impressed about the growing of them. Good luck next year Freddy, let's hope you have more success then. :) I'll start thinking about what else I can try. :scratch:
    Kristen, Freddy......so on the whole none of us are overly impressed about the growing of them. Good luck next year Freddy, let's hope you have more success then. :) I'll start thinking about what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Phil A
    Like x 5

2016 Growing Thread

Shelled the seed crops of the Bridgwater beansBest pic my annoyingly out of focus camera would take :doh:Also shelled the tongue of fire beans, but the camera wasn't having any of that :sad:
    Shelled the seed crops of the Bridgwater beansBest pic my annoyingly out of focus camera would take :doh:Also shelled the tongue of fire beans, but the camera wasn't having any of that :sad:
    untitled.png a.png ant.png image.jpeg marrow 18.08.2016.jpg marrow3Aon20.08.16.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Cookie Monster

British wildflower g.c.survey

Looks like a Common Spotted Orchid to me. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. roders

Beetroot,how do you like yours?

Is that the beetroot or the pink sheep ? YouTube- Virginia's Favorite Sheep Song ~ We Will Shear You Incidentally, for Sussexgardener & others, the above video was shot at the weald & downland...
    Is that the beetroot or the pink sheep ? YouTube- Virginia's Favorite Sheep Song ~ We Will Shear You Incidentally, for Sussexgardener & others, the above video was shot at the weald & downland museum, the wishing well is fake though.
    Is that the beetroot or the pink sheep ? YouTube- Virginia's Favorite Sheep Song ~ We Will Shear You Incidentally, for Sussexgardener & others, the above video was shot at the weald & downland museum, the wishing well is fake though.
    Is that the beetroot or the pink sheep ? YouTube- Virginia's Favorite Sheep Song ~ We Will Shear You Incidentally, for Sussexgardener & others, the above video was shot at the weald & downland...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

The Tatties Thread 2020

One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half a dozen roots to see us through Christmas and they were a bit variable, some had fewer tubers than...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half a dozen roots to see us through Christmas and...
    One had a hole (slug maybe) which needed boring out otherwise completely solid.Sorry I just planted any old how, so I don't know which part of the sliced up seed tuber produced it. I dug up half...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK
    Like x 16

Tomato Taste Test - again!

Good idea::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK

Potato growing 2022

Tamar organics are selling them for £3.95 for 1.5 kg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. martin-f

Tallest sunflower and largest head challenge 2017

Good one @Mark56 :blue thumb:May be a bit difficult to measure that monster.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tingting44

planning my raised beds.....

well thought id give a little update, things are moving along nicely i feel :)all spuds now hilled up (not in this pic tho lol)progress... by Martin Young, on Flickrand the blow away has not...
    well thought id give a little update, things are moving along nicely i feel :)all spuds now hilled up (not in this pic tho lol)progress... by Martin Young, on Flickrand the blow away has not blown away so far....lolprogress... by Martin Young, on Flickrprogress... by Martin Young, on...
    well thought id give a little update, things are moving along nicely i feel :)all spuds now hilled up (not in this pic tho lol)progress... by Martin Young, on Flickrand the blow away has not blown away so far....lolprogress... by Martin...
    well thought id give a little update, things are moving along nicely i feel :)all spuds now hilled up (not in this pic tho lol)progress... by Martin Young, on Flickrand the blow away has not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. colne
    Like x 3

What did you eat today that you picked?

We are eating (from the allotment): Parsnips, Sprouts, Cabbages and Potatoes - from my home plot we are still working our way slowly through the giant onions, most of which we froze. Yesterday we...
    We are eating (from the allotment): Parsnips, Sprouts, Cabbages and Potatoes - from my home plot we are still working our way slowly through the giant onions, most of which we froze. Yesterday we tried the dried tomatoes I made during the summer, they were delicious, bursting with flavour -...
    We are eating (from the allotment): Parsnips, Sprouts, Cabbages and Potatoes - from my home plot we are still working our way slowly through the giant onions, most of which we froze. Yesterday we tried the dried tomatoes I made during the summer,...
    We are eating (from the allotment): Parsnips, Sprouts, Cabbages and Potatoes - from my home plot we are still working our way slowly through the giant onions, most of which we froze. Yesterday we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pete

pumpkins

What a whopper!!! Owen Olsen from Kaiserslautern won the contest for growing the heaviest pumpkin in Germany. His entry in the Pumpkin Weighing Contest on Sunday weighed 406,2 kilos!
    What a whopper!!! Owen Olsen from Kaiserslautern won the contest for growing the heaviest pumpkin in Germany. His entry in the Pumpkin Weighing Contest on Sunday weighed 406,2 kilos!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JWK

Melon Growing Advice

That's where I got my seeds from ricky
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Markymark

Runner Beans...

Well I am just updating my threads...things going ok...one of my runner beans is now making good progress up the canes...I had to start the other two canes off again as the cold/wind/slugs got...
    Well I am just updating my threads...things going ok...one of my runner beans is now making good progress up the canes...I had to start the other two canes off again as the cold/wind/slugs got 'em!! I also had a 'spare' runner bean and so am attempting to get it to gtow up the drainpipe in the...
    Well I am just updating my threads...things going ok...one of my runner beans is now making good progress up the canes...I had to start the other two canes off again as the cold/wind/slugs got 'em!! I also had a 'spare' runner bean and so am...
    Well I am just updating my threads...things going ok...one of my runner beans is now making good progress up the canes...I had to start the other two canes off again as the cold/wind/slugs got...
    IMG_1275.JPG Sweet peas 9th April.JPG Well, I\'m pleased!.JPG flora 010.JPG IMG_1277.JPG IMG_1306.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice