Edible Gardening

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Paul waterhouse

Cornichon wind damage

That's great thank you. All might not be lost. Every day is a school day isn't it.
    That's great thank you. All might not be lost. Every day is a school day isn't it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Scotkat

Parsnip Tape Seeds

First time growing any Parsips.
    69B6457D-EF86-4F05-92DC-6367AE2ED153.jpeg D6CEEF7E-1F8D-4966-BC80-AF5528676149.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. PhilC

Damaged my Tomato plant tap root when repotting...help!

I wouldn't worry too much about that ... it will just be functioning on less root and thus take a while to recover.However, it will now presumably have a lot of compost, relative to the root...
    I wouldn't worry too much about that ... it will just be functioning on less root and thus take a while to recover.However, it will now presumably have a lot of compost, relative to the root volume, in that pot? If so be very careful with watering ... it takes a while for any "overpotted"...
    I wouldn't worry too much about that ... it will just be functioning on less root and thus take a while to recover.However, it will now presumably have a lot of compost, relative to the root volume, in that pot? If so be very careful with...
    I wouldn't worry too much about that ... it will just be functioning on less root and thus take a while to recover.However, it will now presumably have a lot of compost, relative to the root...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sargan

Seedlings turn ill

They SO are. As the old saying goes "cucumbers wake up each morning and think of a new way to die" :( Once we get to June and they are shinning up their climbing frame, and nights are always...
    They SO are. As the old saying goes "cucumbers wake up each morning and think of a new way to die" :( Once we get to June and they are shinning up their climbing frame, and nights are always above 10C they will be fine.I agree, I'd be inclined to take them off the windowsill at night, and I...
    They SO are. As the old saying goes "cucumbers wake up each morning and think of a new way to die" :( Once we get to June and they are shinning up their climbing frame, and nights are always above 10C they will be fine.I agree, I'd be...
    They SO are. As the old saying goes "cucumbers wake up each morning and think of a new way to die" :( Once we get to June and they are shinning up their climbing frame, and nights are always...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pompeyexile

Jupiter Apple Tree Fungus Identification and Erradication

I have a Jupiter Apple tree the I have trained into an espalier over the last 8 years or so. It has never produced more than a couple of apples and in the last two years has been suffering from...
    I have a Jupiter Apple tree the I have trained into an espalier over the last 8 years or so. It has never produced more than a couple of apples and in the last two years has been suffering from this white fluffy disease that I cannot identify. I have asked for help before and was told to...
    I have a Jupiter Apple tree the I have trained into an espalier over the last 8 years or so. It has never produced more than a couple of apples and in the last two years has been suffering from this white fluffy disease that I cannot identify. I...
    I have a Jupiter Apple tree the I have trained into an espalier over the last 8 years or so. It has never produced more than a couple of apples and in the last two years has been suffering from...
    IMG_1795.JPG IMG_1796.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Selleri

Leeks in a bucket?

There's going to be some skill required to get them maximum number of in size leeks, because cramming loads will result in them all being undersize.
    There's going to be some skill required to get them maximum number of in size leeks, because cramming loads will result in them all being undersize.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jimineycricket

preparing spuds for storing

I was assuming the OP was digging them up like I am, Mine have over wintered in the ground and are just showing signs of new sprouts. They need to all come out soon or they start going soft.
    I was assuming the OP was digging them up like I am, Mine have over wintered in the ground and are just showing signs of new sprouts. They need to all come out soon or they start going soft.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Islander77

Vanishing strawberry plants

@Islander77 I could send some of mine over, as only one bed was affected.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. roders

Mr Fothergill.

Note. Indirectly linked to the virus. Mr Fothergills seeds had a record day yesterday ,they took more money in one day than this whole week last year. They are struggling desperately to keep up...
    Note. Indirectly linked to the virus. Mr Fothergills seeds had a record day yesterday ,they took more money in one day than this whole week last year. They are struggling desperately to keep up with demand. A lot of people growing veg..........wartime spirit.
    Note. Indirectly linked to the virus. Mr Fothergills seeds had a record day yesterday ,they took more money in one day than this whole week last year. They are struggling desperately to keep up with demand. A lot of people growing...
    Note. Indirectly linked to the virus. Mr Fothergills seeds had a record day yesterday ,they took more money in one day than this whole week last year. They are struggling desperately to keep up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nightofjoy

Winter Squash - Crown Prince - from seeed

Well you will never know unless you try - I know how you feel having got so far with these plants, maybe you have more space than I was imagining.
    Well you will never know unless you try - I know how you feel having got so far with these plants, maybe you have more space than I was imagining.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. charliew50

Next steps advice for clearing nettles and turning into veg bed

As I cannot dig, I find that pulling nettles works well. They come up root and all.
    As I cannot dig, I find that pulling nettles works well. They come up root and all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sian in Belgium

What eats young rhubarb leaves?

...and here’s some photographic proof!
    3E50EB32-65AE-4CB4-A711-5774360A5856.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ericmull

Veg plot soil Ph

Clay itself is neutral, my allotment is clay and quite alkaline whereas I know in other areas it can be acidic.Not sure what you mean by :If you mean you are digging up the sub soil then...
    Clay itself is neutral, my allotment is clay and quite alkaline whereas I know in other areas it can be acidic.Not sure what you mean by :If you mean you are digging up the sub soil then that's not good.Grit and organic material are a good thing, sharp sand is cheap and will also...
    Clay itself is neutral, my allotment is clay and quite alkaline whereas I know in other areas it can be acidic.Not sure what you mean by :If you mean you are digging up the sub soil then that's not good.Grit and organic material are a...
    Clay itself is neutral, my allotment is clay and quite alkaline whereas I know in other areas it can be acidic.Not sure what you mean by :If you mean you are digging up the sub soil then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul Blackburn

Potato Problem

Are they in the dark? Usually the sprouts only get long if the spuds are in the dark.Main Crop should be ok for another month I would think.
    Are they in the dark? Usually the sprouts only get long if the spuds are in the dark.Main Crop should be ok for another month I would think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. agnetha11

chilli pepper cayenne help

That's exactly right :blue thumb:. Cayenne pepper is a particular type of chilli. The heat of chillies change from time of year and growing conditions - and how long they have been on the plant.The heat...
    That's exactly right :blue thumb:. Cayenne pepper is a particular type of chilli. The heat of chillies change from time of year and growing conditions - and how long they have been on the plant.The heat is measured on the Scoville Scale and Cayenne is in the lower end of the very hot varieties and the...
    That's exactly right :blue thumb:. Cayenne pepper is a particular type of chilli. The heat of chillies change from time of year and growing conditions - and how long they have been on the plant.The heat is measured on the Scoville Scale and Cayenne is in...
    That's exactly right :blue thumb:. Cayenne pepper is a particular type of chilli. The heat of chillies change from time of year and growing conditions - and how long they have been on the plant.The heat...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kon

Strawberries from bare roots

Ooops, sorry about that, have corrected it, now correctly links to Ken Muirs PDF :redface:
    Ooops, sorry about that, have corrected it, now correctly links to Ken Muirs PDF :redface:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. newhaven dave

Too early to plant potatoes?

I started typing a new thread about "Too early to plant Potatoes" checked through the threads and here is the exact same comment I had started in 2014. Great thanks for all these answers.I am...
    I started typing a new thread about "Too early to plant Potatoes" checked through the threads and here is the exact same comment I had started in 2014. Great thanks for all these answers.I am going to start some first earlies, Pentland Javelin in the greenhouse very soon in the hope of...
    I started typing a new thread about "Too early to plant Potatoes" checked through the threads and here is the exact same comment I had started in 2014. Great thanks for all these answers.I am going to start some first earlies, Pentland...
    I started typing a new thread about "Too early to plant Potatoes" checked through the threads and here is the exact same comment I had started in 2014. Great thanks for all these answers.I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ChilliPepper

Somethings Eating my Beans and Peas!

@ChilliPepper I've never had much success with autumn sown peas, probably need cloches or similar. Broad beans have always been more successful. Mine currently have flowers on them although the...
    @ChilliPepper I've never had much success with autumn sown peas, probably need cloches or similar. Broad beans have always been more successful. Mine currently have flowers on them although the recent winds have battered them around.
    @ChilliPepper I've never had much success with autumn sown peas, probably need cloches or similar. Broad beans have always been more successful. Mine currently have flowers on them although the recent winds have battered them around.
    @ChilliPepper I've never had much success with autumn sown peas, probably need cloches or similar. Broad beans have always been more successful. Mine currently have flowers on them although the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Vince
    Like x 5

I can almost smell

Do you mean those orangey red ones from Spain?:biggrin: Mostly grown hydroponically under glass so bound to be tasteless.
    Do you mean those orangey red ones from Spain?:biggrin: Mostly grown hydroponically under glass so bound to be tasteless.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. RobB

Low growing peas

I think they will be perfect @mazambo, thanks a lot. I must've been looking with my eyes shut. :doh:
    I think they will be perfect @mazambo, thanks a lot. I must've been looking with my eyes shut. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice