Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: SHOW US YOUR PURCHASES - 2021 Selleri, Jul 31, 2021 at 6:10 PM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best Supplier Of Compost 2021 gks, Jul 29, 2021 at 12:40 PM
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Wilting Spotted Aucuba or Laurel Steven Grieve, Jul 31, 2021 at 3:25 PM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: On top at last. Giri, Jul 31, 2021 at 10:06 PM
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Petrol Scarifier buying advice RDB85, Jul 30, 2021 at 10:54 PM
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Time to plant runner beans? JR, Jun 17, 2021
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Lock up your birds Jordhandeson, May 14, 2021
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. David Hill

Gravel / chippings patio on concrete base

You can fit the grids into a recessed chamber cover, obviously they need cutting to size. Probably need some MOT in the bottom of the recess to get the grid height level. Just fill with gravel the...
    You can fit the grids into a recessed chamber cover, obviously they need cutting to size. Probably need some MOT in the bottom of the recess to get the grid height level. Just fill with gravel the same as elsewhere.
    You can fit the grids into a recessed chamber cover, obviously they need cutting to size. Probably need some MOT in the bottom of the recess to get the grid height level. Just fill with gravel the same as elsewhere.
    You can fit the grids into a recessed chamber cover, obviously they need cutting to size. Probably need some MOT in the bottom of the recess to get the grid height level. Just fill with gravel the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. xf8u39

Plant idenfication

Wow that is looking fabulous! Just persevere with it Mr MH. So far so good! I haven't got a clue what you need to do with it when the colder climes come along but I lived in Asia [Hong Kong]...
    Wow that is looking fabulous! Just persevere with it Mr MH. So far so good! I haven't got a clue what you need to do with it when the colder climes come along but I lived in Asia [Hong Kong] when they had them everywhere during Xmas and Chinese NY and they did fine ..........altho the winter...
    Wow that is looking fabulous! Just persevere with it Mr MH. So far so good! I haven't got a clue what you need to do with it when the colder climes come along but I lived in Asia [Hong Kong] when they had them everywhere during Xmas and...
    Wow that is looking fabulous! Just persevere with it Mr MH. So far so good! I haven't got a clue what you need to do with it when the colder climes come along but I lived in Asia [Hong Kong]...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Smallzoo

Planting into grass ?

Would this work for you Smallzoo? I took off the the turf, planted the tree and surrounded it with flat paddle stones. I didn't use a membrane.
    Would this work for you Smallzoo? I took off the the turf, planted the tree and surrounded it with flat paddle stones. I didn't use a membrane.
    087.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. MangoH

Help please

I can change yours to Mango_H if you want ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Harri

Help with Wisteria please.

Thanks for the replies they are very helpful. I will tie these into the cross member then and trim off any side shoots should they appear down to the correct length. I am eager to see the Shiro...
    Thanks for the replies they are very helpful. I will tie these into the cross member then and trim off any side shoots should they appear down to the correct length. I am eager to see the Shiro Kapitan flower as if anybody has been to Bodnant gardens they will have seen it flowering there.
    Thanks for the replies they are very helpful. I will tie these into the cross member then and trim off any side shoots should they appear down to the correct length. I am eager to see the Shiro Kapitan flower as if anybody has been to Bodnant...
    Thanks for the replies they are very helpful. I will tie these into the cross member then and trim off any side shoots should they appear down to the correct length. I am eager to see the Shiro...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Newbie garden guy

Potatoes

Mine have totally flopped, but I've managed to bundle them all up in some sort of mass of green. Last year they flopped and I dug them up then, so holding out until they start to actually die...
    Mine have totally flopped, but I've managed to bundle them all up in some sort of mass of green. Last year they flopped and I dug them up then, so holding out until they start to actually die back.Next year I am planning to have a bed specifically for Christmas Dinner, so I want to get...
    Mine have totally flopped, but I've managed to bundle them all up in some sort of mass of green. Last year they flopped and I dug them up then, so holding out until they start to actually die back.Next year I am planning to have a bed...
    Mine have totally flopped, but I've managed to bundle them all up in some sort of mass of green. Last year they flopped and I dug them up then, so holding out until they start to actually die...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. FrancescaH
    Funny x 6

Today I learnt I'm a dwarf

Well shortstuff, grown in a pot they're restricted and tend to grow smaller. 6ft IS quite small for a sunflower......:dbgrtmb:
    Well shortstuff, grown in a pot they're restricted and tend to grow smaller. 6ft IS quite small for a sunflower......:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. MartinB

Early summer to late flowering transitions

My herbaceous border it coming along nicely after a couple of years, new to gardenning I am now trying to find out how to plant flowers with different flowering times together.I really don't...
    My herbaceous border it coming along nicely after a couple of years, new to gardenning I am now trying to find out how to plant flowers with different flowering times together.I really don't even know how to ask the question!!Situation 1 - I have a group of Centaurea, about 8 of them,...
    My herbaceous border it coming along nicely after a couple of years, new to gardenning I am now trying to find out how to plant flowers with different flowering times together.I really don't even know how to ask the question!!Situation 1 -...
    My herbaceous border it coming along nicely after a couple of years, new to gardenning I am now trying to find out how to plant flowers with different flowering times together.I really don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. clanless

Recommendations please

Euonymus fortunei Silver Queen is a good climber and it is evergreen. I have one over 6 ft tall on a fence. It does flower but they're rather insignificant, see photo.
    Euonymus fortunei Silver Queen is a good climber and it is evergreen. I have one over 6 ft tall on a fence. It does flower but they're rather insignificant, see photo.
    birdfeeder1.jpg birdfeeder2.jpg DSCF5161.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. james_uk

Potted Olive tree keeps getting yellow leaves?

My guess would be it needs feeding, do you feed it?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ashley1234

PARLOUR PALM VERY PALE LEAVES

It has been fed regularly . just started putting coffee grounds solution on it , a source of nitrogen i hear ?
    It has been fed regularly . just started putting coffee grounds solution on it , a source of nitrogen i hear ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. dogsbody

Annuals

Hi,The seed packets suggest May is the latest to sow outdoors, but if you sow now they should romp away and may well flower, possibly into winter knowing the weather we are getting this year...
    Hi,The seed packets suggest May is the latest to sow outdoors, but if you sow now they should romp away and may well flower, possibly into winter knowing the weather we are getting this year !Still plenty of young plants to be bought from garden centers, diy places and supermarkets if you...
    Hi,The seed packets suggest May is the latest to sow outdoors, but if you sow now they should romp away and may well flower, possibly into winter knowing the weather we are getting this year !Still plenty of young plants to be bought from...
    Hi,The seed packets suggest May is the latest to sow outdoors, but if you sow now they should romp away and may well flower, possibly into winter knowing the weather we are getting this year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Stuart Fawcett
    Like x 3

Magnolia seedlings - waiting to see how they grow

Steady, Tiger! How many Magnolias can you accommodate? :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Yana

Type of mulch

Thank you very very much to everyone for your help. Have a nice evening
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Janet mahay
    Informative x 3

Reduce flies

That's interesting Janet. Useful to know :dbgrtmb:. Thanks.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul K Kirkwood

Kniphofia Uvaria

I would cut the finished flower stalks off as low down as I can get and remove any dead leaves these normally come away in your hand.
    I would cut the finished flower stalks off as low down as I can get and remove any dead leaves these normally come away in your hand.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ezzo

Help - Tree Questions from *NEWBIE*

All of the above :blue thumb: - but...you need to think hard about growing it to 13ft as you may fall foul of the High Hedge Act. Some info with the legal gobbledegook taken outHedges: nuisance and...
    All of the above :blue thumb: - but...you need to think hard about growing it to 13ft as you may fall foul of the High Hedge Act. Some info with the legal gobbledegook taken outHedges: nuisance and overgrownYou seem to have a nice garden there that you can turn into a lovely place. I'm a bit puzzled...
    All of the above :blue thumb: - but...you need to think hard about growing it to 13ft as you may fall foul of the High Hedge Act. Some info with the legal gobbledegook taken outHedges: nuisance and overgrownYou seem to have a nice garden there that...
    All of the above :blue thumb: - but...you need to think hard about growing it to 13ft as you may fall foul of the High Hedge Act. Some info with the legal gobbledegook taken outHedges: nuisance and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Newbie garden guy

Red onions

Keep feeding once a week. Maybe move to tomato feed from now on. In late August start to dry them off, so stop feeding and watering, once the top growth has withered you can harvest them.
    Keep feeding once a week. Maybe move to tomato feed from now on. In late August start to dry them off, so stop feeding and watering, once the top growth has withered you can harvest them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. BFOSP

What's for dinner ?

Nope..but had our first few Blueberries...sorry didn't last long enough for a pic to be taken!!:heehee:
    Nope..but had our first few Blueberries...sorry didn't last long enough for a pic to be taken!!:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Stuart Fawcett

Gardening Express - Hit and Miss experiences

Opinion always seems mixed here regarding Gardening Express, @Stuart Fawcett. :) That alone completely discourages me from wanting to order from them, I use about a dozen nurseries nowadays and...
    Opinion always seems mixed here regarding Gardening Express, @Stuart Fawcett. :) That alone completely discourages me from wanting to order from them, I use about a dozen nurseries nowadays and would much rather stick with them and have a worry-free experience. Why is it that these repeatedly...
    Opinion always seems mixed here regarding Gardening Express, @Stuart Fawcett. :) That alone completely discourages me from wanting to order from them, I use about a dozen nurseries nowadays and would much rather stick with them and have a...
    Opinion always seems mixed here regarding Gardening Express, @Stuart Fawcett. :) That alone completely discourages me from wanting to order from them, I use about a dozen nurseries nowadays and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice