1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Rhododendron looking very poorly - what do to? pete, Mar 18, 2024 at 8:24 AM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Irrigation system DiggersJo, Mar 18, 2024 at 9:42 PM
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water Ergates, Mar 14, 2024 at 6:27 PM
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Got new pullets noisette47, Jul 30, 2023
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Gary Jenkins

Eucalyptus gunnii azura

It’s in a circular pot, about 50cm diameter and depth. Plant itself is about 5ft tall.how hard can i prune back if i do? Might try and find a spot in the ground for it though.By the way it’s a...
    It’s in a circular pot, about 50cm diameter and depth. Plant itself is about 5ft tall.how hard can i prune back if i do? Might try and find a spot in the ground for it though.By the way it’s a Gunnii Azura with the small leaves
    It’s in a circular pot, about 50cm diameter and depth. Plant itself is about 5ft tall.how hard can i prune back if i do? Might try and find a spot in the ground for it though.By the way it’s a Gunnii Azura with the small leaves
    It’s in a circular pot, about 50cm diameter and depth. Plant itself is about 5ft tall.how hard can i prune back if i do? Might try and find a spot in the ground for it though.By the way it’s a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Javidr

Issues in some plants - help needed

All I can add is its very unlikely that a disease that affects magnolias is likely to spread to a honeysuckle. I agree the magnolia is not a good plant to try growing in a container, obviously...
    All I can add is its very unlikely that a disease that affects magnolias is likely to spread to a honeysuckle. I agree the magnolia is not a good plant to try growing in a container, obviously depending on which species it is as some are naturally quite small and never get big even if planted...
    All I can add is its very unlikely that a disease that affects magnolias is likely to spread to a honeysuckle. I agree the magnolia is not a good plant to try growing in a container, obviously depending on which species it is as some are...
    All I can add is its very unlikely that a disease that affects magnolias is likely to spread to a honeysuckle. I agree the magnolia is not a good plant to try growing in a container, obviously...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Angie Jones (nut)
    Redirect

ID confirmation please

I was givem these but the label has faded, I can just make out the word 'yellow' in one of them. I think it's probably Cephalaria gigantea. Any other suggestions please?
    I was givem these but the label has faded, I can just make out the word 'yellow' in one of them. I think it's probably Cephalaria gigantea. Any other suggestions please?
    Replies:
    Views:
    N/A
  4. glosmike

Anemone blanda disappearing !

Sun? What is this strange phenomenon of which you speak? :) Been in very short supply down here so far in 2024. :gaah:
    Sun? What is this strange phenomenon of which you speak? :) Been in very short supply down here so far in 2024. :gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. earlydaze

Pruning cornus

@earlydaze Sibirica is my favourite. Unfortunately, the ones I brought here as rooted cuttings form my Belgian garden are not enjoying the Heat and droughts of the last 7 summers.I wouldn't...
    @earlydaze Sibirica is my favourite. Unfortunately, the ones I brought here as rooted cuttings form my Belgian garden are not enjoying the Heat and droughts of the last 7 summers.I wouldn't ever plant Midwinter Fire again. It suckered all over the shop in my Belgian garden and was a PITA.
    @earlydaze Sibirica is my favourite. Unfortunately, the ones I brought here as rooted cuttings form my Belgian garden are not enjoying the Heat and droughts of the last 7 summers.I wouldn't ever plant Midwinter Fire again. It suckered all...
    @earlydaze Sibirica is my favourite. Unfortunately, the ones I brought here as rooted cuttings form my Belgian garden are not enjoying the Heat and droughts of the last 7 summers.I wouldn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gary Jenkins

Olive tree

Mature olive tree is showing signs of sickness. I trimmed the top of the tree last year and since then the top appears to be dying back with leaves being a lighter green to those near the base...
    Mature olive tree is showing signs of sickness. I trimmed the top of the tree last year and since then the top appears to be dying back with leaves being a lighter green to those near the base which are dark green. Any ideas please?
    Mature olive tree is showing signs of sickness. I trimmed the top of the tree last year and since then the top appears to be dying back with leaves being a lighter green to those near the base which are dark green. Any ideas please?
    Mature olive tree is showing signs of sickness. I trimmed the top of the tree last year and since then the top appears to be dying back with leaves being a lighter green to those near the base...
    IMG_2456.jpeg IMG_2457.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nel_Staffs

Clematis support wires

Thank you @Perki and @noisette47 :)Now if it will just stop raining, so I can stand on the squelchy border..:gaah:
    Thank you @Perki and @noisette47 :)Now if it will just stop raining, so I can stand on the squelchy border..:gaah:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spruce

Wisteria growing into a Golden weeping Willow

I absolutely agree with @Obelix-Vendée for the reasons she has given. The wisteria will be too heavy for all but the biggest of weeping willows.
    I absolutely agree with @Obelix-Vendée for the reasons she has given. The wisteria will be too heavy for all but the biggest of weeping willows.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. TheMadHedger

Removing bramble roots ........ the easy way?

I bought mine during lockdown, but struggled with it at first. The head kept coming loose from the handle, despite all the instructions that came with it, and I didn’t want to risk splitting the...
    I bought mine during lockdown, but struggled with it at first. The head kept coming loose from the handle, despite all the instructions that came with it, and I didn’t want to risk splitting the wood handle by putting a nail in it ( actually I would have got OH to do that)Although I could see...
    I bought mine during lockdown, but struggled with it at first. The head kept coming loose from the handle, despite all the instructions that came with it, and I didn’t want to risk splitting the wood handle by putting a nail in it ( actually I...
    I bought mine during lockdown, but struggled with it at first. The head kept coming loose from the handle, despite all the instructions that came with it, and I didn’t want to risk splitting the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. BiroPen

Potted lonicera nitida, best way to save it

I've grown them in pots and I've grown them in the ground, and, honestly, they are much happier in the ground. You can keep them smallish as they don't mind being pruned. If you want to keep one...
    I've grown them in pots and I've grown them in the ground, and, honestly, they are much happier in the ground. You can keep them smallish as they don't mind being pruned. If you want to keep one in a pot, I would start a new one from a cutting every few yrs. That way you can always have a...
    I've grown them in pots and I've grown them in the ground, and, honestly, they are much happier in the ground. You can keep them smallish as they don't mind being pruned. If you want to keep one in a pot, I would start a new one from a cutting...
    I've grown them in pots and I've grown them in the ground, and, honestly, they are much happier in the ground. You can keep them smallish as they don't mind being pruned. If you want to keep one...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. BB3
    Like x 7

Just experimenting

I overwintering my osteospermum and knew I should cut them back but I just couldn't do it! They've never stopped flowering since last summer
    I overwintering my osteospermum and knew I should cut them back but I just couldn't do it! They've never stopped flowering since last summer
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. TheMadHedger

Honeysuckle - any recommendations of a good place to buy online please?

I haven't, no, but will do so. Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bear1

White spider lilly

I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may...
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may have rotted...will investigate soon. Here's a shot of the first flower that opened late June
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may have rotted...will investigate soon. Here's a shot of...
    I grew some last year for the first time...the temptation of a heavily discounted bag of them was too much to ignoreI kept them in the pot but got a bit too wet early on in the autumn so may...
    20240314_112717.jpg PXL_20230619_102438885.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bear1
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Brian L

Macallister Mower Owner's Instruction manual wanted

Many thanks Infradig, very helpful information. Already have the air-filter and spark plug, just waiting to get started and see if it goes ! I had been in contact with B&Q and still on going but...
    Many thanks Infradig, very helpful information. Already have the air-filter and spark plug, just waiting to get started and see if it goes ! I had been in contact with B&Q and still on going but doubt they will bother to help.
    Many thanks Infradig, very helpful information. Already have the air-filter and spark plug, just waiting to get started and see if it goes ! I had been in contact with B&Q and still on going but doubt they will bother to help.
    Many thanks Infradig, very helpful information. Already have the air-filter and spark plug, just waiting to get started and see if it goes ! I had been in contact with B&Q and still on going but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sam Wiltshire

What to do with narrow borders

What sort of climbers have you got? Some will need support to climb.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Esoxlucius

Photinia, little red robin.

Its probably green because its indoors and the light level are too low, if it was red last year I cant see why it shouldn't be red this year but your picture is in May.I'm looking at a 8ft high...
    Its probably green because its indoors and the light level are too low, if it was red last year I cant see why it shouldn't be red this year but your picture is in May.I'm looking at a 8ft high hedge over the road from me and its covered in new red shoots.
    Its probably green because its indoors and the light level are too low, if it was red last year I cant see why it shouldn't be red this year but your picture is in May.I'm looking at a 8ft high hedge over the road from me and its covered in new...
    Its probably green because its indoors and the light level are too low, if it was red last year I cant see why it shouldn't be red this year but your picture is in May.I'm looking at a 8ft high...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mikey1970.

Identify plant please

Thank you. I love the colour...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kevin Cowans

How to Propagate Plants when I have no Room for Cold Frame etc.

You don't anything extra for Heucheras or Hellebores. Just pull bits off the heucheras and pot them up, and they'll root very quickly. You could even do it at this time of year. Hellebores will...
    You don't anything extra for Heucheras or Hellebores. Just pull bits off the heucheras and pot them up, and they'll root very quickly. You could even do it at this time of year. Hellebores will seed around so you can pot them up and just leave the pots somewhere sheltered until they grow enough...
    You don't anything extra for Heucheras or Hellebores. Just pull bits off the heucheras and pot them up, and they'll root very quickly. You could even do it at this time of year. Hellebores will seed around so you can pot them up and just leave...
    You don't anything extra for Heucheras or Hellebores. Just pull bits off the heucheras and pot them up, and they'll root very quickly. You could even do it at this time of year. Hellebores will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mike Allen
    Like x 3

Why so much interest in tomatoe, and peppers growing?

There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your...
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your flowering veg to mutual advantage.
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your flowering veg to mutual advantage.
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice