Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: WHAT ARE WE DOING IN THE GARDEN TODAY - 2021 Logan, Oct 23, 2021 at 1:19 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Success stories Nikolaos, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Comfrey again. Dave W, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Trouble in the greenhouse with fungi vbgr, Oct 23, 2021 at 10:12 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: question regarding metal sheds shiney, Oct 16, 2021
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Time to plant runner beans? JR, Jun 17, 2021
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Lock up your birds Jordhandeson, May 14, 2021
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Perki
    Like x 6

Front Garden Redesign Project

I like that Perki. :thumbsup: Will you come and do my garden when you're finished please? :)
    I like that Perki. :thumbsup: Will you come and do my garden when you're finished please? :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mitch66

Winterising strawberry plants in pots

Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now...
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now they are established. I may drape some bubble wrap over them for good measure. Thanks for the reply
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now they are established. I may drape some bubble wrap...
    Think the greenhouse will be the best bet judging by replies on here, they were all new plants this year, although the harvest weren`t exceptional, I`m hoping they will do better next year now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. RDB85

Hayter Help after Cable has broken

I think you are getting confused the top handle is the dead man handle like it is with all mowers it need holding in when pulling the rope and holding in while using the lawnmower . Are you hold...
    I think you are getting confused the top handle is the dead man handle like it is with all mowers it need holding in when pulling the rope and holding in while using the lawnmower . Are you hold this lever in while trying to start it ?The cable with brass on is to adjust the tension on the...
    I think you are getting confused the top handle is the dead man handle like it is with all mowers it need holding in when pulling the rope and holding in while using the lawnmower . Are you hold this lever in while trying to start it ?The...
    I think you are getting confused the top handle is the dead man handle like it is with all mowers it need holding in when pulling the rope and holding in while using the lawnmower . Are you hold...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. MangoH

Help please! Black Spot!

Hello @MangoH they don't look very big, is there any bugs underneath? If so rub them off with your fingers. I wouldn't spray because the leaves look delicate.
    Hello @MangoH they don't look very big, is there any bugs underneath? If so rub them off with your fingers. I wouldn't spray because the leaves look delicate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spruce

Its a boundary dispute over a fence

I’ve seen this before and If it’s a fence owned by yourself then they should have asked first. I’ve seen all sorts of disputes. I’ve had customers complain of this and normally it can be resolved...
    I’ve seen this before and If it’s a fence owned by yourself then they should have asked first. I’ve seen all sorts of disputes. I’ve had customers complain of this and normally it can be resolved as and on one occasion to settle it the neighbours painted both sides. One I remember well was a...
    I’ve seen this before and If it’s a fence owned by yourself then they should have asked first. I’ve seen all sorts of disputes. I’ve had customers complain of this and normally it can be resolved as and on one occasion to settle it the neighbours...
    I’ve seen this before and If it’s a fence owned by yourself then they should have asked first. I’ve seen all sorts of disputes. I’ve had customers complain of this and normally it can be resolved...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Huw Wyn Jones

Civic style community garden

Thank you for the pictures, they do help. :)Hydrangeas as has already been suggested are a good idea and Lupins would work if you are prepared to dead head them. Sedum Spectabile (Ice Plant). The...
    Thank you for the pictures, they do help. :)Hydrangeas as has already been suggested are a good idea and Lupins would work if you are prepared to dead head them. Sedum Spectabile (Ice Plant). The smaller Hebe's. Potentilla 'Fruticosa'. Hardy perennial Fuschia's - possibly the smaller ones. And...
    Thank you for the pictures, they do help. :)Hydrangeas as has already been suggested are a good idea and Lupins would work if you are prepared to dead head them. Sedum Spectabile (Ice Plant). The smaller Hebe's. Potentilla 'Fruticosa'. Hardy...
    Thank you for the pictures, they do help. :)Hydrangeas as has already been suggested are a good idea and Lupins would work if you are prepared to dead head them. Sedum Spectabile (Ice Plant). The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. youngalistai

Tibuchina problems

It looks healthy enough. They do like lots of water in the growing season, especially if in the sun.
    It looks healthy enough. They do like lots of water in the growing season, especially if in the sun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Perki
    Like x 7

Harrogate Autumn show / Newby Hall

I don't know which variety it is put Harvington Pink seems to spring to mind .
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

North facing bed next to house recommendations

I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and spring scents and colour. I am thinking of a daphne which do well here in my back south facing garden,...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and spring scents and colour. I am thinking of a daphne...
    I have revamped my front garden and have 3 small beds beside the front door and steps. The beds are about 5 ft long by 2 ft wide. They are in full shade. I want fragrant plants for winter and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. weedaway

Pesky Squirrels

The advantage of wire mesh is that it can be cut to size and buried just below the surface of the compost in pots and the bulbs will grow through the gaps.
    The advantage of wire mesh is that it can be cut to size and buried just below the surface of the compost in pots and the bulbs will grow through the gaps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mish30

Recommendations please for border

Hi, Welcome to the forum. I don't know why your image wont load but some one else may be able to offer advice about that. What will survive over winter depends on your climate and I can't see from...
    Hi, Welcome to the forum. I don't know why your image wont load but some one else may be able to offer advice about that. What will survive over winter depends on your climate and I can't see from your profile where you are based. The plant I have used most as a ground cover to fill in gaps...
    Hi, Welcome to the forum. I don't know why your image wont load but some one else may be able to offer advice about that. What will survive over winter depends on your climate and I can't see from your profile where you are based. The plant I...
    Hi, Welcome to the forum. I don't know why your image wont load but some one else may be able to offer advice about that. What will survive over winter depends on your climate and I can't see from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lorraine Jones

Plant identification

I have had a few over the years and recognise it as unwanted and now I have a name for it. Probably forget it again tomorrow, enough problems with the good guys names, so long as I remember I...
    I have had a few over the years and recognise it as unwanted and now I have a name for it. Probably forget it again tomorrow, enough problems with the good guys names, so long as I remember I don't want it.
    I have had a few over the years and recognise it as unwanted and now I have a name for it. Probably forget it again tomorrow, enough problems with the good guys names, so long as I remember I don't want it.
    I have had a few over the years and recognise it as unwanted and now I have a name for it. Probably forget it again tomorrow, enough problems with the good guys names, so long as I remember I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SuzFlowers

Would you mind neighbour growing rose on your garage wall?

Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.
    Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paul Blackburn

Composter Problem

I've had a green cone for years, our council were selling them very cheaply at one time. The upper double skin cone is screwed into a basket that is buried underground. The idea is you can put in...
    I've had a green cone for years, our council were selling them very cheaply at one time. The upper double skin cone is screwed into a basket that is buried underground. The idea is you can put in food leftovers such as cooked meats that can't be put on a compost heap without attracting vermin....
    I've had a green cone for years, our council were selling them very cheaply at one time. The upper double skin cone is screwed into a basket that is buried underground. The idea is you can put in food leftovers such as cooked meats that can't be...
    I've had a green cone for years, our council were selling them very cheaply at one time. The upper double skin cone is screwed into a basket that is buried underground. The idea is you can put in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. xf8u39

Plant idenfication

If poinsettia, I used to have a very tall one, 2.5 meters maybe? with less dense foliage, but that was in the Caribbean. They like a shady location (morning sun) and need winter protection when...
    If poinsettia, I used to have a very tall one, 2.5 meters maybe? with less dense foliage, but that was in the Caribbean. They like a shady location (morning sun) and need winter protection when temperatures dip below 10C. I grow them in pots in Florida and now here in Texas but they come inside...
    If poinsettia, I used to have a very tall one, 2.5 meters maybe? with less dense foliage, but that was in the Caribbean. They like a shady location (morning sun) and need winter protection when temperatures dip below 10C. I grow them in pots in...
    If poinsettia, I used to have a very tall one, 2.5 meters maybe? with less dense foliage, but that was in the Caribbean. They like a shady location (morning sun) and need winter protection when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. NatB86

Trees or shrub ideas for privacy

Sorry, I missed that. :doh: I always look under the Avatars and that sentence alluded me but the post was updated just after my post. :scratch:I don't think Hebes or Fuchsias would go higher than that...
    Sorry, I missed that. :doh: I always look under the Avatars and that sentence alluded me but the post was updated just after my post. :scratch:I don't think Hebes or Fuchsias would go higher than that fence. I don't know what could hide the view from the neighbour's windows except a fast growing...
    Sorry, I missed that. :doh: I always look under the Avatars and that sentence alluded me but the post was updated just after my post. :scratch:I don't think Hebes or Fuchsias would go higher than that fence. I don't know what could hide the view from the...
    Sorry, I missed that. :doh: I always look under the Avatars and that sentence alluded me but the post was updated just after my post. :scratch:I don't think Hebes or Fuchsias would go higher than that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MartinB

Early summer to late flowering transitions

My strategy is to plant wherever there is some empty soil left. Seems to work, as there is always something in full bloom. :yes:
    My strategy is to plant wherever there is some empty soil left. Seems to work, as there is always something in full bloom. :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. clanless

Recommendations please

My Honeysuckle Copper Beauty grows in the shade and in clay soil.G.
    birdfeeder1.jpg birdfeeder2.jpg DSCF5161.jpg 20210721_183216.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. David Hill

Gravel / chippings patio on concrete base

You can fit the grids into a recessed chamber cover, obviously they need cutting to size. Probably need some MOT in the bottom of the recess to get the grid height level. Just fill with gravel the...
    You can fit the grids into a recessed chamber cover, obviously they need cutting to size. Probably need some MOT in the bottom of the recess to get the grid height level. Just fill with gravel the same as elsewhere.
    You can fit the grids into a recessed chamber cover, obviously they need cutting to size. Probably need some MOT in the bottom of the recess to get the grid height level. Just fill with gravel the same as elsewhere.
    You can fit the grids into a recessed chamber cover, obviously they need cutting to size. Probably need some MOT in the bottom of the recess to get the grid height level. Just fill with gravel the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Smallzoo

Planting into grass ?

Would this work for you Smallzoo? I took off the the turf, planted the tree and surrounded it with flat paddle stones. I didn't use a membrane.
    Would this work for you Smallzoo? I took off the the turf, planted the tree and surrounded it with flat paddle stones. I didn't use a membrane.
    087.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice