Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Where to get soil sample probe hoofy, Jul 19, 2019 at 8:03 AM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Dying or diseased Privet Hedge Verdun, Jul 19, 2019 at 8:50 AM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Stuck between a rockery and a hard place! Selleri, Jul 18, 2019 at 3:32 PM
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Thank you Hozelock. Verdun, Jul 19, 2019 at 12:48 AM
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cutting Hedge on December? Ned, Dec 18, 2018
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Terry Ally

Calla lily stem becomes mushy

i bought three calla lily - three colours - and planted them in the same pot. Within a week the stem of the yellow flowers, where it goes into the soil has become mushy and soft like if it's sap...
    i bought three calla lily - three colours - and planted them in the same pot. Within a week the stem of the yellow flowers, where it goes into the soil has become mushy and soft like if it's sap was sucked out and the flower collapses. I replaced that with a new lily which is holding up for two...
    i bought three calla lily - three colours - and planted them in the same pot. Within a week the stem of the yellow flowers, where it goes into the soil has become mushy and soft like if it's sap was sucked out and the flower collapses. I replaced...
    i bought three calla lily - three colours - and planted them in the same pot. Within a week the stem of the yellow flowers, where it goes into the soil has become mushy and soft like if it's sap...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lolimac

Phlox not flowering ?

@lolimac Mine ar just about flowering. Considering that our climate is probably worse than yours, then yes, I would think that something is wrong. Mine at least seem to prefer the semi-shade of...
    @lolimac Mine ar just about flowering. Considering that our climate is probably worse than yours, then yes, I would think that something is wrong. Mine at least seem to prefer the semi-shade of an East border. Maybe its the fact that they are in full sun, and perhaps need watering to help them...
    @lolimac Mine ar just about flowering. Considering that our climate is probably worse than yours, then yes, I would think that something is wrong. Mine at least seem to prefer the semi-shade of an East border. Maybe its the fact that they are in...
    @lolimac Mine ar just about flowering. Considering that our climate is probably worse than yours, then yes, I would think that something is wrong. Mine at least seem to prefer the semi-shade of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mazambo

Clematis Flowers

Hi everyone, passing a bit of time this morning before work and noticed my clematis has both 4 and 6 petals on the flowers, first thought was the petals were dropping but some are just opening and...
    Hi everyone, passing a bit of time this morning before work and noticed my clematis has both 4 and 6 petals on the flowers, first thought was the petals were dropping but some are just opening and have 4 petals others have 6, just wondering if this the norm?
    Hi everyone, passing a bit of time this morning before work and noticed my clematis has both 4 and 6 petals on the flowers, first thought was the petals were dropping but some are just opening and have 4 petals others have 6, just wondering if...
    Hi everyone, passing a bit of time this morning before work and noticed my clematis has both 4 and 6 petals on the flowers, first thought was the petals were dropping but some are just opening and...
    20190716_071911.jpg 20190715_071708.jpg 20190717_071652.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Joolz

Sheds, sheds, sheds... Argh!!

as a replacement sold by roofing supply wholesalers, not available in the likes of B&Q.
    as a replacement sold by roofing supply wholesalers, not available in the likes of B&Q.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Engelbert

Is it possible to tell what type of comfrey this is? Bocking 14 hopefully!

I think that might be the best way to find out The wild patch as I call it up the lane could be B14 then that perhaps someone has fly tipped a few years ago now as it seems to spread hardly at...
    I think that might be the best way to find out The wild patch as I call it up the lane could be B14 then that perhaps someone has fly tipped a few years ago now as it seems to spread hardly at Allan’s what has appears to be underground runners.. :scratch: Let us know what happens...:thumbsup:
    I think that might be the best way to find out The wild patch as I call it up the lane could be B14 then that perhaps someone has fly tipped a few years ago now as it seems to spread hardly at Allan’s what has appears to be underground runners.....
    I think that might be the best way to find out The wild patch as I call it up the lane could be B14 then that perhaps someone has fly tipped a few years ago now as it seems to spread hardly at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. fumanchu

Moving Elephant Grass?

Not the same thing, but I dug this up when it was dormant to reduce the size and to propagate. Picture taken last year...I found the roots to be very fibrous and dense, and was fairly easy to...
    Not the same thing, but I dug this up when it was dormant to reduce the size and to propagate. Picture taken last year...I found the roots to be very fibrous and dense, and was fairly easy to dig up. To divide, I started with a spade and gave up. Decided to use an old saw and it cut through...
    Not the same thing, but I dug this up when it was dormant to reduce the size and to propagate. Picture taken last year...I found the roots to be very fibrous and dense, and was fairly easy to dig up. To divide, I started with a spade and...
    Not the same thing, but I dug this up when it was dormant to reduce the size and to propagate. Picture taken last year...I found the roots to be very fibrous and dense, and was fairly easy to...
    A5F73AD7-FD16-4DC1-9B6E-BA684C145AD0.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Varg_Blankenship

Hello, please let me know what you think and/or any ideas for this little concrete front "garden", t

Ooh yes @Varg_Blankenship why fill them with gravel a Camellia or a rose in each would look beautiful as well especially if scented.. @Verdun s advice is perfect I think.. Or even a couple of...
    Ooh yes @Varg_Blankenship why fill them with gravel a Camellia or a rose in each would look beautiful as well especially if scented.. @Verdun s advice is perfect I think.. Or even a couple of patio fruit trees.. :SUNsmile:
    Ooh yes @Varg_Blankenship why fill them with gravel a Camellia or a rose in each would look beautiful as well especially if scented.. @Verdun s advice is perfect I think.. Or even a couple of patio fruit trees.. :SUNsmile:
    Ooh yes @Varg_Blankenship why fill them with gravel a Camellia or a rose in each would look beautiful as well especially if scented.. @Verdun s advice is perfect I think.. Or even a couple of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Who am I?

Plants by Post.

You are such a kind owl Woo :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ian Taylor
    Like x 5

a few of my clematis

Don't know if he'll do Broughton Bride or Cragside. But he does have some nice clematis for sale, when I was there.
    Don't know if he'll do Broughton Bride or Cragside. But he does have some nice clematis for sale, when I was there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Verdun
    Agree x 4

So annoying.......

Cheap maybe but that's not the point. It doesn't work, plus it's plastic and we all know that eventually the ever smaller particles end up in the watercourse, poisoning fish, sea birds and other...
    Cheap maybe but that's not the point. It doesn't work, plus it's plastic and we all know that eventually the ever smaller particles end up in the watercourse, poisoning fish, sea birds and other sea life.
    Cheap maybe but that's not the point. It doesn't work, plus it's plastic and we all know that eventually the ever smaller particles end up in the watercourse, poisoning fish, sea birds and other sea life.
    Cheap maybe but that's not the point. It doesn't work, plus it's plastic and we all know that eventually the ever smaller particles end up in the watercourse, poisoning fish, sea birds and other...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Who am I?

Neighbours gardens.

@Doghouse Riley I wouldn't mind your Wisteria overhanging into MY garden lolMy neighbour butchered my Honeysuckle (American Beauty) last year it was well over 10yrs old and he threw it back over...
    @Doghouse Riley I wouldn't mind your Wisteria overhanging into MY garden lolMy neighbour butchered my Honeysuckle (American Beauty) last year it was well over 10yrs old and he threw it back over my fence damaging other plants in the process. Now his Buddleia is encroaching over my fence do I...
    @Doghouse Riley I wouldn't mind your Wisteria overhanging into MY garden lolMy neighbour butchered my Honeysuckle (American Beauty) last year it was well over 10yrs old and he threw it back over my fence damaging other plants in the process....
    @Doghouse Riley I wouldn't mind your Wisteria overhanging into MY garden lolMy neighbour butchered my Honeysuckle (American Beauty) last year it was well over 10yrs old and he threw it back over...
    P1020841.JPG P1020765.JPG P1310877.JPG Capture.JPG IMG_2047.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ian Simpson

New home Garden clearance

I would have a have a go to tackle it my self at first but I protect my skin with gloves and other appropriate attire dont just pull out the weeds but. Be sure to remove the underground...
    I would have a have a go to tackle it my self at first but I protect my skin with gloves and other appropriate attire dont just pull out the weeds but. Be sure to remove the underground rhizomes completely or the weeds have the habit of growing back quickleySomeone once suggested to...
    I would have a have a go to tackle it my self at first but I protect my skin with gloves and other appropriate attire dont just pull out the weeds but. Be sure to remove the underground rhizomes completely or the weeds have the habit of...
    I would have a have a go to tackle it my self at first but I protect my skin with gloves and other appropriate attire dont just pull out the weeds but. Be sure to remove the underground...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Markymark

Shed colour?

Yes ... it is MUCH more than coloured water. I couldn't believe the recent prices either! Bought a spare 5L tin from Travis Perkins the other week for £9 but the first one I bought 3 years ago...
    Yes ... it is MUCH more than coloured water. I couldn't believe the recent prices either! Bought a spare 5L tin from Travis Perkins the other week for £9 but the first one I bought 3 years ago was quite a bit more than that as I recall. Pic is from one coat applied 3 years ago and it has...
    Yes ... it is MUCH more than coloured water. I couldn't believe the recent prices either! Bought a spare 5L tin from Travis Perkins the other week for £9 but the first one I bought 3 years ago was quite a bit more than that as I recall. Pic is...
    Yes ... it is MUCH more than coloured water. I couldn't believe the recent prices either! Bought a spare 5L tin from Travis Perkins the other week for £9 but the first one I bought 3 years ago...
    IMG_1070.jpg IMG_1071.jpg IMG_1072.jpg 15614178372511.jpg P1010728.JPG PICT0117.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sarah Eley

Woolly willow leaf drop

My salix lanata is dropping its leaves which have gone brown.Is that normal?If not, what should I do?It's well established and lives in a pot.
    My salix lanata is dropping its leaves which have gone brown.Is that normal?If not, what should I do?It's well established and lives in a pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. K78

Fast growing, shade loving, evergreen plants

Love those dogwoods K78. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mr Grinch

Non flowering Lilac

Mine has never suckered at all. Very tree like. Getting big though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul Batute

Smoothies for the plants ...??

Hi @Paul Batute and Welcome.. Nigel is quite correct that you mustn’t do that.. Your Smoothie needs to break down first before you use it... If you have room to grow do you not have room to...
    Hi @Paul Batute and Welcome.. Nigel is quite correct that you mustn’t do that.. Your Smoothie needs to break down first before you use it... If you have room to grow do you not have room to compost it properly.? You can buy enclosed compost tumblers that break it down really quickly.. They're...
    Hi @Paul Batute and Welcome.. Nigel is quite correct that you mustn’t do that.. Your Smoothie needs to break down first before you use it... If you have room to grow do you not have room to compost it properly.? You can buy enclosed compost...
    Hi @Paul Batute and Welcome.. Nigel is quite correct that you mustn’t do that.. Your Smoothie needs to break down first before you use it... If you have room to grow do you not have room to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Bill Carr

Photinia Trees really struggling

Hi @Bill Carr i don’t know if this will help but it could explain them dying off and not looking healthy.. I do think last year’s king hot summer and then a dryish winter hasn’t helped either though..
    Hi @Bill Carr i don’t know if this will help but it could explain them dying off and not looking healthy.. I do think last year’s king hot summer and then a dryish winter hasn’t helped either though..
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. McClements

Which Clematis flower

I would go for clematis Montana.....the variety Grandiflora which is nicely scented. Masses of flowers at this time of year on vigorous plants. Easily and quickly cover height and width...
    I would go for clematis Montana.....the variety Grandiflora which is nicely scented. Masses of flowers at this time of year on vigorous plants. Easily and quickly cover height and width required. I planted a couple of these clematis at my niece’s new build last autumn and they have flowered...
    I would go for clematis Montana.....the variety Grandiflora which is nicely scented. Masses of flowers at this time of year on vigorous plants. Easily and quickly cover height and width required. I planted a couple of these clematis at my...
    I would go for clematis Montana.....the variety Grandiflora which is nicely scented. Masses of flowers at this time of year on vigorous plants. Easily and quickly cover height and width...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. sal73

Kiwi issai

@Grum Tum
    @Grum Tum
    @Grum Tum
    @Grum Tum
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice