Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Problem garden Daisy Chain, Apr 4, 2020 at 4:12 PM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best Supplier Of Compost 2020 shiney, Apr 1, 2020 at 12:54 PM
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Mini meadow planting help Kristen, Apr 4, 2020 at 12:41 PM
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Grass Trimmers HarryS, Mar 30, 2020 at 2:54 PM
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Air layering Bay Tree Scrungee, Apr 3, 2020 at 7:59 PM
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: coir for compost frank taylor, Apr 3, 2020 at 7:43 AM
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Daniel Andrew

Bushes and plants need rescuing

That's the cistus plant!
    That's the cistus plant!
    That's the cistus plant!
    That's the cistus plant!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. TheMadHedger

Honeysuckle - evergreen and hardy?

Thanks, looks nice.
    Thanks, looks nice.
    Thanks, looks nice.
    Thanks, looks nice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sheal

A question for Longk

Sorry about the mess I made of the thread :doh::)I did get one thing right though....you have or had Lewisia. :blue thumb:
    Sorry about the mess I made of the thread :doh::)I did get one thing right though....you have or had Lewisia. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. CLAYBUSTER

Monkey puzzle tree

thank you i will try it.
    thank you i will try it.
    thank you i will try it.
    thank you i will try it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. CLAYBUSTER

Camellia

I'd listen to @pete instead! Sounds a good possibility.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. TheMadHedger

Ivy plants and other climbers - need some advice on what to buy

To continue this thread I've been doing a lot of thinking and have definitely decided to use Ivy. However I've been hunting around online but can't decide which one to go for.Main criteria:a)...
    To continue this thread I've been doing a lot of thinking and have definitely decided to use Ivy. However I've been hunting around online but can't decide which one to go for.Main criteria:a) Fast growing b) Dense foliage c) EvergreenAny more suggestions please based on the above? Thanks
    To continue this thread I've been doing a lot of thinking and have definitely decided to use Ivy. However I've been hunting around online but can't decide which one to go for.Main criteria:a) Fast growing b) Dense foliage c) EvergreenAny...
    To continue this thread I've been doing a lot of thinking and have definitely decided to use Ivy. However I've been hunting around online but can't decide which one to go for.Main criteria:a)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. eddybaby

Home Remedies for a weeping grape vine

It will stop, eventually, but it does take energy out of the plant. Pruning is best done before the end of January at the latest.I'd be interested in the product you have found as I've never...
    It will stop, eventually, but it does take energy out of the plant. Pruning is best done before the end of January at the latest.I'd be interested in the product you have found as I've never managed to stop one weeping once it starts.
    It will stop, eventually, but it does take energy out of the plant. Pruning is best done before the end of January at the latest.I'd be interested in the product you have found as I've never managed to stop one weeping once it starts.
    It will stop, eventually, but it does take energy out of the plant. Pruning is best done before the end of January at the latest.I'd be interested in the product you have found as I've never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. roders

Lead me not into temptation.....Garden open free.

I'm off to get a lottery ticket. Even if I won, I couldn't go anywhere but I'm not giving up my daydreams about all the good I could do :)
    I'm off to get a lottery ticket. Even if I won, I couldn't go anywhere but I'm not giving up my daydreams about all the good I could do :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. roders
    Like x 11

BBC Gardeners World returns.

We all can Jen just need to venture out to get the compost I knew I had forgotten something !!Spruce ...
    We all can Jen just need to venture out to get the compost I knew I had forgotten something !!Spruce ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Katie.mac

Leylandii help

If you do as @andrews and @Cuttings suggest, sample trees from far apart. If they both show no new roots, then also inspect the soil. Is it soggy? Do other things grow well nearby? You need to...
    If you do as @andrews and @Cuttings suggest, sample trees from far apart. If they both show no new roots, then also inspect the soil. Is it soggy? Do other things grow well nearby? You need to know what caused the problems - were you just unlucky with our very wet winter?
    If you do as @andrews and @Cuttings suggest, sample trees from far apart. If they both show no new roots, then also inspect the soil. Is it soggy? Do other things grow well nearby? You need to know what caused the problems - were you just unlucky...
    If you do as @andrews and @Cuttings suggest, sample trees from far apart. If they both show no new roots, then also inspect the soil. Is it soggy? Do other things grow well nearby? You need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kyle zillion

please help me indentify these trees and plants

OK, 2nd guess is Quince (not Japonica). I've got one at my plot and will have a look tommorow.
    OK, 2nd guess is Quince (not Japonica). I've got one at my plot and will have a look tommorow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ryn

Pussy willow Pruning info

...and here is the willow, after its initial prune.Once the branches have settled a bit, and my hands have recovered !! I will look to prune it for shape.
    ...and here is the willow, after its initial prune.Once the branches have settled a bit, and my hands have recovered !! I will look to prune it for shape.
    IMG_20200204_110538376.jpg IMG_20200204_110535340.jpg 271E6012-E758-4846-A143-11B3F642C3F0.jpeg IMG_20190526_115641321~3.jpg 8BE29F5E-954A-44E5-8D66-730B5135A91A.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. moonraker

fruit tree are they worth while ?

Hi macraignil ii have no problems with veg and flowers even i have a rasberry and strawberry in a pot and grow ok and like u i like to grow plants for wildlife for eg i have grown up a corner of...
    Hi macraignil ii have no problems with veg and flowers even i have a rasberry and strawberry in a pot and grow ok and like u i like to grow plants for wildlife for eg i have grown up a corner of the garden borage for bees I also agree that trees do much better in open ground
    Hi macraignil ii have no problems with veg and flowers even i have a rasberry and strawberry in a pot and grow ok and like u i like to grow plants for wildlife for eg i have grown up a corner of the garden borage for bees I also agree that...
    Hi macraignil ii have no problems with veg and flowers even i have a rasberry and strawberry in a pot and grow ok and like u i like to grow plants for wildlife for eg i have grown up a corner of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Cuttings
    Like x 9

Spring is here

With Valentine, dont over feed it, feed once a year after it finished flowering, and use a NPK 0-10-10, and dont let it get too wet.
    With Valentine, dont over feed it, feed once a year after it finished flowering, and use a NPK 0-10-10, and dont let it get too wet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scotty2088

Supermarket Shrubs

I have bought bedding plants from Morrisons and Lidl in the past, you just have to pick and chose as others have said. I have avoided any shrubs or trees as they are always poorly labelled, in...
    I have bought bedding plants from Morrisons and Lidl in the past, you just have to pick and chose as others have said. I have avoided any shrubs or trees as they are always poorly labelled, in particular I would steer clear of fruit trees unless they specifically state the rootstock and variety....
    I have bought bedding plants from Morrisons and Lidl in the past, you just have to pick and chose as others have said. I have avoided any shrubs or trees as they are always poorly labelled, in particular I would steer clear of fruit trees unless...
    I have bought bedding plants from Morrisons and Lidl in the past, you just have to pick and chose as others have said. I have avoided any shrubs or trees as they are always poorly labelled, in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. NessaJ70

White hydrangea recommendations

Below is an example of the flopping problem with Strong Annabelle/Incredibelle. The first photo (the blooms are white) shows the new blooms and a plant of about 7 feet high or 2.1 meters. The...
    Below is an example of the flopping problem with Strong Annabelle/Incredibelle. The first photo (the blooms are white) shows the new blooms and a plant of about 7 feet high or 2.1 meters. The second photo was taken several months later. After going through several thunderstorms, the stems were...
    Below is an example of the flopping problem with Strong Annabelle/Incredibelle. The first photo (the blooms are white) shows the new blooms and a plant of about 7 feet high or 2.1 meters. The second photo was taken several months later. After...
    Below is an example of the flopping problem with Strong Annabelle/Incredibelle. The first photo (the blooms are white) shows the new blooms and a plant of about 7 feet high or 2.1 meters. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. roders
    Funny x 7

Gardening is all about sex....apparently.

Just a bit of a break from the virus.Someone’s analogy of the sexual activity of our plants.Annuals live life in the fast lane ,with no time for decorum ,they want to find a mate in record...
    Just a bit of a break from the virus.Someone’s analogy of the sexual activity of our plants.Annuals live life in the fast lane ,with no time for decorum ,they want to find a mate in record time.Petals like gorgeously colourful party frocks ,are designed to get bees in a frenzy ,the brazen...
    Just a bit of a break from the virus.Someone’s analogy of the sexual activity of our plants.Annuals live life in the fast lane ,with no time for decorum ,they want to find a mate in record time.Petals like gorgeously colourful party frocks...
    Just a bit of a break from the virus.Someone’s analogy of the sexual activity of our plants.Annuals live life in the fast lane ,with no time for decorum ,they want to find a mate in record...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. kriss

Are these Cosmos seedlings ok?

I would replant some more seed, but dont waste these plants, if they are well rooted, and you can keep them frost free in a nice light area, find a large enough pot, and plant these plants deep,...
    I would replant some more seed, but dont waste these plants, if they are well rooted, and you can keep them frost free in a nice light area, find a large enough pot, and plant these plants deep, plant them so the soil comes up to a inch from the top growth, the lower set of leaves will become...
    I would replant some more seed, but dont waste these plants, if they are well rooted, and you can keep them frost free in a nice light area, find a large enough pot, and plant these plants deep, plant them so the soil comes up to a inch from the...
    I would replant some more seed, but dont waste these plants, if they are well rooted, and you can keep them frost free in a nice light area, find a large enough pot, and plant these plants deep,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Canna W

Slow growing evergreen for shade tolerant

The bay laurel can get a bit bigger than 5 foot if it is not kept trimmed back. Here is a video clip of one in my parents garden that I planted as a small (less than two foot tall) pot plant...
    The bay laurel can get a bit bigger than 5 foot if it is not kept trimmed back. Here is a video clip of one in my parents garden that I planted as a small (less than two foot tall) pot plant between ten and fifteen years back. The mature shrub has flowers at about this time of year and the one...
    The bay laurel can get a bit bigger than 5 foot if it is not kept trimmed back. Here is a video clip of one in my parents garden that I planted as a small (less than two foot tall) pot plant between ten and fifteen years back. The mature shrub...
    The bay laurel can get a bit bigger than 5 foot if it is not kept trimmed back. Here is a video clip of one in my parents garden that I planted as a small (less than two foot tall) pot plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Cuttings
    Informative x 7

Run of the mill seeds

We went there in its early days (must be about 20 years ago) and were quite impressed. :blue thumb:
    We went there in its early days (must be about 20 years ago) and were quite impressed. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice