1. Photo Competition
    MAY'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Made it through the winter" so get your best falsetto voices ready and show us what has been Stayin' Alive

Please Click Here!

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Weeds everywhere Purple Streaks, May 17, 2022 at 11:48 PM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best Supplier Of Compost 2022 pete, May 17, 2022 at 9:07 PM
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: What is ailing my Eleagnus ? NigelJ, May 17, 2022 at 6:15 PM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Back garden refurb jowwy, May 15, 2022 at 5:30 AM
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Blue Poppy mazambo, May 4, 2022
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Time to plant runner beans? JR, Jun 17, 2021
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Lock up your birds Jordhandeson, May 14, 2021
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Lu.

Help please

Had this in a dahlia one year . It was as though I'd stuck two together back to back. Hadn't though , I çouldnt find the glue
    Had this in a dahlia one year . It was as though I'd stuck two together back to back. Hadn't though , I çouldnt find the glue
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Logan

Niall Gardens YouTube videos

From last year to sow this month.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Andrea Youll

Wooly bear caterpillar

@Nikolaos they are really cute. I've seen them before but never in my garden. I feel honoured
    @Nikolaos they are really cute. I've seen them before but never in my garden. I feel honoured
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. groundbeetle
    Like x 3

Is it just trees that lower particulate air pollution?

Must admit that being in favour of trees and plants in urban areas just for making them a nicer place aesthetically I had not really read much about the effect of plants on particulate air...
    Must admit that being in favour of trees and plants in urban areas just for making them a nicer place aesthetically I had not really read much about the effect of plants on particulate air pollution so just did a quick internet search to read up on it a bit and found this relevant page. It...
    Must admit that being in favour of trees and plants in urban areas just for making them a nicer place aesthetically I had not really read much about the effect of plants on particulate air pollution so just did a quick internet search to read up...
    Must admit that being in favour of trees and plants in urban areas just for making them a nicer place aesthetically I had not really read much about the effect of plants on particulate air...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Past It
    Like x 5

Harrogate Show

Last year we were still in the grip of covid. The show only went ahead last year after long protracted negotiations, resulting in social distancing and wide open spaces between exhibitors. T he...
    Last year we were still in the grip of covid. The show only went ahead last year after long protracted negotiations, resulting in social distancing and wide open spaces between exhibitors. T he main show tents which have always been the star attractions were as I said in my main post, had very...
    Last year we were still in the grip of covid. The show only went ahead last year after long protracted negotiations, resulting in social distancing and wide open spaces between exhibitors. T he main show tents which have always been the star...
    Last year we were still in the grip of covid. The show only went ahead last year after long protracted negotiations, resulting in social distancing and wide open spaces between exhibitors. T he...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Billi

Alpine strawberry deficiency?

Not aphids, im always checkin for those tiny devils
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. groundbeetle

Can anyone identify this plant?

Years ago we saw it on certain beaches here in the sand and dunes. We could not determine what the scent was until I researched it. Strangely it is used in perfumes.
    Years ago we saw it on certain beaches here in the sand and dunes. We could not determine what the scent was until I researched it. Strangely it is used in perfumes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Happy Gardener 1

Waste Transfer Forms

Wow that's brilliant. I'm baffled as when you apply for the waste carrier licence it gives all the spiel that these forms must be completed and filed.The cheapest I could get for just two half...
    Wow that's brilliant. I'm baffled as when you apply for the waste carrier licence it gives all the spiel that these forms must be completed and filed.The cheapest I could get for just two half filled one ton bags is £30! The other customers want theirs for composting. They should have a lower...
    Wow that's brilliant. I'm baffled as when you apply for the waste carrier licence it gives all the spiel that these forms must be completed and filed.The cheapest I could get for just two half filled one ton bags is £30! The other customers...
    Wow that's brilliant. I'm baffled as when you apply for the waste carrier licence it gives all the spiel that these forms must be completed and filed.The cheapest I could get for just two half...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. groundbeetle

Flowers for beneficial insects, particularly hoverflies.

Am I right in thinking hoverfly larvae are those so called rat tail maggots?Only I often make up a bucket of nettles and pour water over it, it really stinks after a few days but its also, quite...
    Am I right in thinking hoverfly larvae are those so called rat tail maggots?Only I often make up a bucket of nettles and pour water over it, it really stinks after a few days but its also, quite often, full of these maggots which look pretty disgusting but are I believe pretty beneficial.
    Am I right in thinking hoverfly larvae are those so called rat tail maggots?Only I often make up a bucket of nettles and pour water over it, it really stinks after a few days but its also, quite often, full of these maggots which look pretty...
    Am I right in thinking hoverfly larvae are those so called rat tail maggots?Only I often make up a bucket of nettles and pour water over it, it really stinks after a few days but its also, quite...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. weedaway

Garden Pest

It seems that I have to kill them or rehome them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ennnceee

Identification, please.

Looks a bit like a peach. Some kind of Prunus anyway I would say.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. groundbeetle

Sowing Viola tricolour seed

Yes, I got some Violas very cheaply from Morrisons a couple of months ago and they have started flowering a lot in the past couple of weeks. They are absolutely gorgeous colours, my photography...
    Yes, I got some Violas very cheaply from Morrisons a couple of months ago and they have started flowering a lot in the past couple of weeks. They are absolutely gorgeous colours, my photography doesn't do them justice. Especially the yellow ones are beautiful, not a colour I would have guessed...
    Yes, I got some Violas very cheaply from Morrisons a couple of months ago and they have started flowering a lot in the past couple of weeks. They are absolutely gorgeous colours, my photography doesn't do them justice. Especially the yellow...
    Yes, I got some Violas very cheaply from Morrisons a couple of months ago and they have started flowering a lot in the past couple of weeks. They are absolutely gorgeous colours, my photography...
    C2AE707F-E875-4EE7-9A8A-7780FD72A2A3.jpeg 41E7E73B-3D8A-48D8-81E0-6ACA3058512C.jpeg 830473E1-A832-4808-9598-034289E6C925.jpeg 03362308-D6ED-4D4B-8972-16103528907B.jpeg 851D29B6-D15F-49A1-A129-B986649C303A.jpeg A42687A3-A307-4657-A66E-C922445F5E31.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul Blundell

New Garden Help!

My mentor did something similar to Selleri's suggestion on a sloping bank....she re-created a 'wave' of blue and bluey-green, low-growing shrubs and perennials with a white crest along the top to...
    My mentor did something similar to Selleri's suggestion on a sloping bank....she re-created a 'wave' of blue and bluey-green, low-growing shrubs and perennials with a white crest along the top to imitate the sea. It's not easy to get a continuous succession of flowers, so foliage plays a big...
    My mentor did something similar to Selleri's suggestion on a sloping bank....she re-created a 'wave' of blue and bluey-green, low-growing shrubs and perennials with a white crest along the top to imitate the sea. It's not easy to get a continuous...
    My mentor did something similar to Selleri's suggestion on a sloping bank....she re-created a 'wave' of blue and bluey-green, low-growing shrubs and perennials with a white crest along the top to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Harri

A question regarding my Edgeworthia.

Good point about the Edgeworthia. There are gardens quite close to where I live and I see what grows successfully there. They have an Edgeworthia there so I thought I would give it a go. At the...
    Good point about the Edgeworthia. There are gardens quite close to where I live and I see what grows successfully there. They have an Edgeworthia there so I thought I would give it a go. At the moment there are lots of Daphne 'Jacqueline Postill' in flower there too which smells really nice. I'm...
    Good point about the Edgeworthia. There are gardens quite close to where I live and I see what grows successfully there. They have an Edgeworthia there so I thought I would give it a go. At the moment there are lots of Daphne 'Jacqueline Postill'...
    Good point about the Edgeworthia. There are gardens quite close to where I live and I see what grows successfully there. They have an Edgeworthia there so I thought I would give it a go. At the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kelc

Clematis Montana help

A good doer Shiney! A really lovely sight when you have the space
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kelc

Fence paint

Ah great ... good to hear. Despite the non Cuprinol advocates - lol - .... I've found it to be fine. Hope you do too
    Ah great ... good to hear. Despite the non Cuprinol advocates - lol - .... I've found it to be fine. Hope you do too
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gemsie009

Conifer hedge to boundary line

I think you can cut it back to the trunks/stems on your side, I doubt it would kill the hedge on their side.You might struggle to get fence posts in because of all the roots but if you get...
    I think you can cut it back to the trunks/stems on your side, I doubt it would kill the hedge on their side.You might struggle to get fence posts in because of all the roots but if you get someone in to put the fence up that won't actually be your problem. :biggrin:
    I think you can cut it back to the trunks/stems on your side, I doubt it would kill the hedge on their side.You might struggle to get fence posts in because of all the roots but if you get someone in to put the fence up that won't actually be...
    I think you can cut it back to the trunks/stems on your side, I doubt it would kill the hedge on their side.You might struggle to get fence posts in because of all the roots but if you get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Luseth

Camellia Cuttings

I'd be digging it up too though :) take as big a root ball as possible
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. clanless

What to do?

I always grow some of these in with my tomatoes, they usually do well but need lots of watering.
    I always grow some of these in with my tomatoes, they usually do well but need lots of watering.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice