Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Broad beans - blackened leaves and stems? Aldo, Feb 25, 2021 at 8:23 PM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuprinol Garden Wood Preserver pete, Feb 14, 2021
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Sarcococca from cuttings and/or seeds shiney, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:39 PM
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: What paint to use on fence? JR, Feb 16, 2021
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Lock up your birds Snorky85, Feb 1, 2021
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Appleblossom31

Peace lily problem

I had 3 but have just divided one ...so 4 now. I only water them ( from the base) when they ask me to, by going droopy. My best one is in our north facing bathroom and it always looks good.The...
    I had 3 but have just divided one ...so 4 now. I only water them ( from the base) when they ask me to, by going droopy. My best one is in our north facing bathroom and it always looks good.The one in our snug ( east facing) is a bit up and down at the moment and is still in bloom( has been...
    I had 3 but have just divided one ...so 4 now. I only water them ( from the base) when they ask me to, by going droopy. My best one is in our north facing bathroom and it always looks good.The one in our snug ( east facing) is a bit up and down...
    I had 3 but have just divided one ...so 4 now. I only water them ( from the base) when they ask me to, by going droopy. My best one is in our north facing bathroom and it always looks good.The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Smallzoo

Ideas to fill out a hedge

Thanks for the replies so far..The trouble is we are expecting something already 4ft high and fast growing... That's not easy...
    Thanks for the replies so far..The trouble is we are expecting something already 4ft high and fast growing... That's not easy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Claire McCarthy

Evergreen climber for light wire fence

Now I wonder if the Ivy would be encouraged by twining some string or similar organic matter on the wire part? Straws or thin saplings perhaps? Ivy likes to attach itself with suction cups rather...
    Now I wonder if the Ivy would be encouraged by twining some string or similar organic matter on the wire part? Straws or thin saplings perhaps? Ivy likes to attach itself with suction cups rather than twine around the wires. With time the initial support matter would rot away but by that time...
    Now I wonder if the Ivy would be encouraged by twining some string or similar organic matter on the wire part? Straws or thin saplings perhaps? Ivy likes to attach itself with suction cups rather than twine around the wires. With time the initial...
    Now I wonder if the Ivy would be encouraged by twining some string or similar organic matter on the wire part? Straws or thin saplings perhaps? Ivy likes to attach itself with suction cups rather...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Purple Streaks

Smoking seed ....work in progress

I started them in the greenhouse somewhere between March and June, can't exactly remember as it was nearly twenty years ago......I have difficulty remembering what I did twenty minutes ago!:dunno:
    I started them in the greenhouse somewhere between March and June, can't exactly remember as it was nearly twenty years ago......I have difficulty remembering what I did twenty minutes ago!:dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mike Allen
    Like x 4

Monty Don.

You're welcome:spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Purple Streaks

Too early for seed ordering

I have used HappyGreenShop on ebay, very large selection. Another I used was NutsNcones, but this seems to have closed now.
    I have used HappyGreenShop on ebay, very large selection. Another I used was NutsNcones, but this seems to have closed now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Smallzoo

Anyone identify this evergreen bush

Is it Pittosporum variety Tom Thumb?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Purple Streaks

hellebores??????

Similar to having an injection. They have to say 'a sharp scratch' just in case we get upset at being accused of having a small male member.:loll:
    Similar to having an injection. They have to say 'a sharp scratch' just in case we get upset at being accused of having a small male member.:loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bangaio

Help identifying small tree/large shrub

It's also effectively screening whatever is behind it! Perhaps something you'd rather not see?
    It's also effectively screening whatever is behind it! Perhaps something you'd rather not see?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BassFisher

Log Burner Ash?

In another thread it was said to be good for Clematis.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. NessaJ70

Help identifying plant

@NessaJ70 they grow from cuttings very easily :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Param

Waterlogged garden

Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple of days on the lawn. It looks like since than it has made things very bad. If you need some pictures...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple of days on the lawn. It looks like since than it...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ijolly4

Climbing rose - brown leaves ants and bugs

Well, I have no record of the EU, Mike, banning the use of Washing Up Liquid for spraying Roses and killing Black Fly, but they did ban the use, along with other materials such as Sulphur, of Soft...
    Well, I have no record of the EU, Mike, banning the use of Washing Up Liquid for spraying Roses and killing Black Fly, but they did ban the use, along with other materials such as Sulphur, of Soft Soap as a spray. But Washing Up Liquid it must be emphasised is not Soft Soap, it's organic and...
    Well, I have no record of the EU, Mike, banning the use of Washing Up Liquid for spraying Roses and killing Black Fly, but they did ban the use, along with other materials such as Sulphur, of Soft Soap as a spray. But Washing Up Liquid it must...
    Well, I have no record of the EU, Mike, banning the use of Washing Up Liquid for spraying Roses and killing Black Fly, but they did ban the use, along with other materials such as Sulphur, of Soft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. xf8u39

Plant idenfication

I agree with the others about the difficulty of getting them to flower each year. In good habitats I've seen them up to 30ft high but not much more than a simple houseplant here. :noidea:
    I agree with the others about the difficulty of getting them to flower each year. In good habitats I've seen them up to 30ft high but not much more than a simple houseplant here. :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Supaspurds

Newbie gardener, waterlogged, mossy 800sqm garden!

They didn't dig down no but they know the area well and could see the issue from walking around the space and seeing how bad it was, they stated on the quote that it was clay soil, would local...
    They didn't dig down no but they know the area well and could see the issue from walking around the space and seeing how bad it was, they stated on the quote that it was clay soil, would local Knowledge not be a good measure in this instance?We have a combined sewer so where soakaways can't...
    They didn't dig down no but they know the area well and could see the issue from walking around the space and seeing how bad it was, they stated on the quote that it was clay soil, would local Knowledge not be a good measure in this instance?...
    They didn't dig down no but they know the area well and could see the issue from walking around the space and seeing how bad it was, they stated on the quote that it was clay soil, would local...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Purple Streaks

Seed swap??

@Purple Streaks GARDENERS CORNER SEED SWAP 2021:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Greenthumbs.

Fruit tree and rose sprayer.

Thanks, something to my shame don't do each time!
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. pete

Brugmansia "Grand Marnier"

I was saying that a bit tongue in cheek! :biggrin: I have a supplier here up North who I can get a triple peach from.
    I was saying that a bit tongue in cheek! :biggrin: I have a supplier here up North who I can get a triple peach from.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Dom L

Drainaing advice - new build garden

:dbgrtmb: Great you'll get more help there that's for sure. I leave the lawn areas to my hubs so can't be of use to you I'm afraid.Good luck and keep posting pics on your progress....we all love to see a...
    :dbgrtmb: Great you'll get more help there that's for sure. I leave the lawn areas to my hubs so can't be of use to you I'm afraid.Good luck and keep posting pics on your progress....we all love to see a new garden in various stages of it's creation!!:biggrin:
    :dbgrtmb: Great you'll get more help there that's for sure. I leave the lawn areas to my hubs so can't be of use to you I'm afraid.Good luck and keep posting pics on your progress....we all love to see a new garden in various stages of it's creation!!:biggrin:
    :dbgrtmb: Great you'll get more help there that's for sure. I leave the lawn areas to my hubs so can't be of use to you I'm afraid.Good luck and keep posting pics on your progress....we all love to see a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Scotty2088

Indoor Azalea.. is it too late??

If this happens again, I would extract it from the pot and dunk it in a pail full of water until it stops throwing air bubbles (1-2 hours) and then I would place it back on the original pot. This...
    If this happens again, I would extract it from the pot and dunk it in a pail full of water until it stops throwing air bubbles (1-2 hours) and then I would place it back on the original pot. This rehydrates the root ball. Then maintain the soil as evenly moist as you can at all times. If the...
    If this happens again, I would extract it from the pot and dunk it in a pail full of water until it stops throwing air bubbles (1-2 hours) and then I would place it back on the original pot. This rehydrates the root ball. Then maintain the soil...
    If this happens again, I would extract it from the pot and dunk it in a pail full of water until it stops throwing air bubbles (1-2 hours) and then I would place it back on the original pot. This...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice