1. Forum News
    A NEW PHOTO COMP WILL BE STARTING THIS MONTH more information in Photo Competitions Photo Competitions Are Changing!
    Please Support The Road Verge Campaign!
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Disability gardening Dai007, Sep 20, 2019 at 8:39 AM
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: What spray to kill Earwigs? ThePlantAssassin, Sep 21, 2019 at 3:38 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: New side fence. Upsydaisy, Sep 15, 2019 at 8:51 AM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Obstinate Flymo blade Sandy Ground, Sep 20, 2019 at 2:59 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Fruit preserving season Jiffy, Aug 22, 2019
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Caelius

Anemone Blanda & Ipheion:

I think that the A coronaria would overwhelm the A blanda as it can be a couple of foot high with foliage proportionately larger.
    I think that the A coronaria would overwhelm the A blanda as it can be a couple of foot high with foliage proportionately larger.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ThePlantAssassin

Calla Lily confusion

I do the same @pete ..Last Winter I did take the pot out of the pond and popped it in the greenhouse as I was worried Id lose it but I noticed it was suffering so back it went and thrived.
    I do the same @pete ..Last Winter I did take the pot out of the pond and popped it in the greenhouse as I was worried Id lose it but I noticed it was suffering so back it went and thrived.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Redwing
    Like x 5

White Verbena Bonariensis

I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none produced solely white ones....so I will not be making my fortune. There were some white flowers...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none produced solely white ones....so I will not be...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JonDSimmonds

What is this hedge?

Looks a bit like Euonymus Emerald and Gold to me @JonDSimmonds
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Eden1

Marguerite's not doing so well.

Cheers that's encouraging, I'll give it a lash
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mazambo

Allium White Giant

Sorted now, emailed hyde & son and they have kindly returned my email with the info.
    Sorted now, emailed hyde & son and they have kindly returned my email with the info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lindyco

Poisonous plants?

Here it also says that about the first three you mentioned, but excludes livestock. I'm pretty certain that livestock includes goats.Achillea millefoliumNick
    Here it also says that about the first three you mentioned, but excludes livestock. I'm pretty certain that livestock includes goats.Achillea millefoliumNick
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. soopiedoo

Help on getting rid of this bush.

I don't think that it's a elderberry, it's a ash tree, I've seen them around here a lot they grow very easily. You can get a root killer that you drill holes in the trunk and pour it in. Don't...
    I don't think that it's a elderberry, it's a ash tree, I've seen them around here a lot they grow very easily. You can get a root killer that you drill holes in the trunk and pour it in. Don't know the name though.
    I don't think that it's a elderberry, it's a ash tree, I've seen them around here a lot they grow very easily. You can get a root killer that you drill holes in the trunk and pour it in. Don't know the name though.
    I don't think that it's a elderberry, it's a ash tree, I've seen them around here a lot they grow very easily. You can get a root killer that you drill holes in the trunk and pour it in. Don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Steve86

RHS level 2 combined practical & theory

Just got in from enrolling on the RHS level 2 practical course. Hmm, i dont think it’s going to be too difficult. Hardest thing will be remembering the plant names which is more of a memory test...
    Just got in from enrolling on the RHS level 2 practical course. Hmm, i dont think it’s going to be too difficult. Hardest thing will be remembering the plant names which is more of a memory test than anything I think.
    Just got in from enrolling on the RHS level 2 practical course. Hmm, i dont think it’s going to be too difficult. Hardest thing will be remembering the plant names which is more of a memory test than anything I think.
    Just got in from enrolling on the RHS level 2 practical course. Hmm, i dont think it’s going to be too difficult. Hardest thing will be remembering the plant names which is more of a memory test...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mazambo

Adding grit to soil mix

I mix according to eye these days.....according to the plant and its free draining needs. Seems to work well for me:) how the compost feels and looks helps identify how well drained it will...
    I mix according to eye these days.....according to the plant and its free draining needs. Seems to work well for me:) how the compost feels and looks helps identify how well drained it will be. Perlite or grit? For extra weight and stability I use grit. Don’t use sand now as I found it less...
    I mix according to eye these days.....according to the plant and its free draining needs. Seems to work well for me:) how the compost feels and looks helps identify how well drained it will be. Perlite or grit? For extra weight and stability I...
    I mix according to eye these days.....according to the plant and its free draining needs. Seems to work well for me:) how the compost feels and looks helps identify how well drained it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fat Controller

Where best to buy brugmansia?

A bit more tlc and the second bud looks a lot better.
    brug sanguinea.jpg sanguinea babys.jpg 20190131_200738.jpg 20190205_201845.jpg 20190205_201911.jpg 20190205_201925.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. BaldBotanyBeginner

Trimming the bush!

My apologies Nick. Photos added. Still getting used to this forum
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. isr

Tomatoes - Blight or rust?

Surely the markings on the leaves indicate scorch? Also, there is no damage to the stems.
    Surely the markings on the leaves indicate scorch? Also, there is no damage to the stems.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. alana
    Like x 9

Lessons Learnt 2019

No worries Pushkin ,most people successfully grow Clematis in containers..just not me.:doh:
    No worries Pushkin ,most people successfully grow Clematis in containers..just not me.:doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ridgiemum

Azeleas

Morning ridgiemum :)Like most everything in life, gardening is a learning curve....Don’t give up on your azaleas just yet or dig them up. They might simply need time to settle inCan you post...
    Morning ridgiemum :)Like most everything in life, gardening is a learning curve....Don’t give up on your azaleas just yet or dig them up. They might simply need time to settle inCan you post a picture of them? We might get an idea of how well or not they are growing.:)
    Morning ridgiemum :)Like most everything in life, gardening is a learning curve....Don’t give up on your azaleas just yet or dig them up. They might simply need time to settle inCan you post a picture of them? We might get an idea of how...
    Morning ridgiemum :)Like most everything in life, gardening is a learning curve....Don’t give up on your azaleas just yet or dig them up. They might simply need time to settle inCan you post...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. runner42

Help: Garden pest identification and control

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Verdun
    Informative x 3

An observation

I have Bishop of Dover beside ARt Deco with a Bishops Children at the rear.Guess which one has suffered most from slug damage.Can’t seem to turn the picture the right way round!
    I have Bishop of Dover beside ARt Deco with a Bishops Children at the rear.Guess which one has suffered most from slug damage.Can’t seem to turn the picture the right way round!
    EEC5F929-552F-40A4-BD6D-0DD06A7E1AEA.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jiffy

Blight warning

Every time I get a full blight period alert it's usually when I'm away for a few days, or it's tipping down with rain and impossible to spray. I now only bother spraying tomatoes. My outdoor toms...
    Every time I get a full blight period alert it's usually when I'm away for a few days, or it's tipping down with rain and impossible to spray. I now only bother spraying tomatoes. My outdoor toms are mainly Red Alerts that are all harvested before Late Blight becomes a problem, and all the...
    Every time I get a full blight period alert it's usually when I'm away for a few days, or it's tipping down with rain and impossible to spray. I now only bother spraying tomatoes. My outdoor toms are mainly Red Alerts that are all harvested...
    Every time I get a full blight period alert it's usually when I'm away for a few days, or it's tipping down with rain and impossible to spray. I now only bother spraying tomatoes. My outdoor toms...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Toby Ziegler

Have I killed my lawn with too much Solabiol?

@shiney thanks :)Thanks Toby for the picture, that’s great.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Eden1

Weeding around Campanula Catharina

I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't...
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't want to pull these out of they are new growth.
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't want to pull these out of they are new growth.
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice