Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Sedums wiseowl, Feb 18, 2019 at 3:15 PM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Vine we-evil shiney, Feb 18, 2019 at 4:34 PM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Sowing seeds 2019? lowrider69, Feb 17, 2019 at 5:05 PM
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cutting Hedge on December? Ned, Dec 18, 2018
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Some of Our Flock andrews, Feb 12, 2019 at 10:02 PM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Amy Willshire

Burried Rubbish and rubble

Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i encounter all sorts when i tackle a new area. I either fill the land rover up and take it to the dump or...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i encounter all sorts when i tackle a new area. I either...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lowrider69

irrigation systems?

Hi Guys Iwant to set up an irrigation system for my bottle plants, I have 8 of these all around my bungalow and at the moment I,m using them cheap ebay thin plastic irrigation systems. trouble is...
    Hi Guys Iwant to set up an irrigation system for my bottle plants, I have 8 of these all around my bungalow and at the moment I,m using them cheap ebay thin plastic irrigation systems. trouble is there pretty much crap and hit and miss with how much water goes where and they look horrible you...
    Hi Guys Iwant to set up an irrigation system for my bottle plants, I have 8 of these all around my bungalow and at the moment I,m using them cheap ebay thin plastic irrigation systems. trouble is there pretty much crap and hit and miss with how...
    Hi Guys Iwant to set up an irrigation system for my bottle plants, I have 8 of these all around my bungalow and at the moment I,m using them cheap ebay thin plastic irrigation systems. trouble is...
    38152780_10210447487898052_3952318485912092672_n.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Nishant

Discarding Air Layered Branch

@Nishant It will probably be alright, but it will always look a bit odd where it developed to produce roots.
    @Nishant It will probably be alright, but it will always look a bit odd where it developed to produce roots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mazambo

Eryngium big blue

Just been in the garden tidying up, the wind has blown last year's eryngium from somewhere, that's what a mess I made of it.
    Just been in the garden tidying up, the wind has blown last year's eryngium from somewhere, that's what a mess I made of it.
    20190208_144204.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fat Controller

Where best to buy brugmansia?

Still feeling rather annoyed with myself over my cutting, I ordered another one, arrived today, I could see the difference in quality straight away.
    Still feeling rather annoyed with myself over my cutting, I ordered another one, arrived today, I could see the difference in quality straight away.
    brug sanguinea.jpg sanguinea babys.jpg 20190131_200738.jpg 20190205_201845.jpg 20190205_201911.jpg 20190205_201925.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Curly green fingers

Molasses as a feed .

I use a weak solution of molasses through out . It builds the sugars up in the plants giving you bigger fruit, veg - eg (broccoli) and flowers annuals, perennials or whatever. I've tried using...
    I use a weak solution of molasses through out . It builds the sugars up in the plants giving you bigger fruit, veg - eg (broccoli) and flowers annuals, perennials or whatever. I've tried using aspirin and numerous other things in the past even milk.
    I use a weak solution of molasses through out . It builds the sugars up in the plants giving you bigger fruit, veg - eg (broccoli) and flowers annuals, perennials or whatever. I've tried using aspirin and numerous other things in the past even milk.
    I use a weak solution of molasses through out . It builds the sugars up in the plants giving you bigger fruit, veg - eg (broccoli) and flowers annuals, perennials or whatever. I've tried using...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. pete
    Like x 8

Saved from death

@pete it never ceases to amaze me what plants get dumped on the compost in our cemetery too. Can’t understand it myself, but there we are.. :scratch: :doh:
    @pete it never ceases to amaze me what plants get dumped on the compost in our cemetery too. Can’t understand it myself, but there we are.. :scratch: :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. CraigET

Poo or eggs?

Great shout team!!
    Great shout team!!
    Great shout team!!
    Great shout team!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. devs

Looking for bulb recommendations?

Where in the country are you and what direction does that bed face?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Vince

Brugs

Well, I'm taking some time out from Brug growing, I find they take up lots of time, worth it, but I've got lazy.;):biggrin:
    Well, I'm taking some time out from Brug growing, I find they take up lots of time, worth it, but I've got lazy.;):biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. medindexer

vertical ceanothus - how to train it to climb in tiny garden

The pot is a little small medindexer......can you plant it in the garden soil there? :) Ceanothus are not really pot plants...they have vigorous spreading roots to support a fast growing...
    The pot is a little small medindexer......can you plant it in the garden soil there? :) Ceanothus are not really pot plants...they have vigorous spreading roots to support a fast growing system.The photo clarifies it now. I had envisioned a plant like Jack Sparrow has in his picture above. ...
    The pot is a little small medindexer......can you plant it in the garden soil there? :) Ceanothus are not really pot plants...they have vigorous spreading roots to support a fast growing system.The photo clarifies it now. I had envisioned a...
    The pot is a little small medindexer......can you plant it in the garden soil there? :) Ceanothus are not really pot plants...they have vigorous spreading roots to support a fast growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Verdun

Another threat!!

As we had a bad year for any honey bee (none) it wouldn't make much differents but we did have lots of bubble bees so i wont be using any anyway, any Hornets that are about don't last long :catapult:
    As we had a bad year for any honey bee (none) it wouldn't make much differents but we did have lots of bubble bees so i wont be using any anyway, any Hornets that are about don't last long :catapult:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Verdun

Growing colocasia Black Coral

Fantastic plants @JWK:dbgrtmb: Not something I've really mastered. Tried Taro which did ok for one year only.
    Fantastic plants @JWK:dbgrtmb: Not something I've really mastered. Tried Taro which did ok for one year only.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Verdun

Love your garden

WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional videos on YouTube if I am wanting to learn something particular. TV presenters need to be...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional videos on YouTube if I am wanting to learn...
    WeeTam, I think I agree. Gardening shows are a bit like cooking shows, entertaining to watch but how often do you actually go on and make the recipe?I tend to search for specific instructional...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Verdun
    Friendly x 3

Oh bother!!!!

You need the bad things to happern to apperiate the good things,I always learn by my mistakes :mute:;):doh:
    You need the bad things to happern to apperiate the good things,I always learn by my mistakes :mute:;):doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Verdun

Dont forget nematodes for leatherjackets

We are at leatherjacket nematode time now folks. I have applied mine already....down here mid August is the right time Order your nematodes asap :)
    We are at leatherjacket nematode time now folks. I have applied mine already....down here mid August is the right time Order your nematodes asap :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Stve1973

Planter beds

Can you post a picture Stve1973? Concerning the hydrangea cutting, dont put that in the raised beds. Instead put it in small pot to grow on :) Welcome to the forum :)
    Can you post a picture Stve1973? Concerning the hydrangea cutting, dont put that in the raised beds. Instead put it in small pot to grow on :) Welcome to the forum :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mervyn Wilmington

Everflow hosepipe?

I gave the Everflow the first proper test this morning. Dragging 40 metres of heavier than usual hose takes a bit more effort. However, it had three very sharp kinks and a couple of fairly...
    I gave the Everflow the first proper test this morning. Dragging 40 metres of heavier than usual hose takes a bit more effort. However, it had three very sharp kinks and a couple of fairly tight bends. The flow was slightly down but still more than good enough. It was wonderful not to...
    I gave the Everflow the first proper test this morning. Dragging 40 metres of heavier than usual hose takes a bit more effort. However, it had three very sharp kinks and a couple of fairly tight bends. The flow was slightly down but...
    I gave the Everflow the first proper test this morning. Dragging 40 metres of heavier than usual hose takes a bit more effort. However, it had three very sharp kinks and a couple of fairly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Darrin

Plant id

Hi Darrin...this pic looks like yours and the pic's a common Ragweed :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. eddybaby

Clematis & Epsom Salts

Clematis often do look brown and tatty on their older foliage at this time of year esp after flowering eddybaby :)
    Clematis often do look brown and tatty on their older foliage at this time of year esp after flowering eddybaby :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice