1. THE MAY PHOTO COMP IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS COME AND JOIN IN.. AWW GO ON YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE PERFECT PIC SOMEWHERE IN YOU!
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: WHATS LOOKING GOOD IN MAY 2019 wiseowl, May 23, 2019 at 1:43 PM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Lilly beetles Verdun, May 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Creating a Wildflower border to lawn lolimac, May 22, 2019 at 4:28 PM
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Petrol Mower Help / Advice andrews, May 20, 2019 at 11:22 AM
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Moving and splitting ferns. Mike Allen, Apr 14, 2019
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cutting Hedge on December? Ned, Dec 18, 2018
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Some of Our Flock andrews, Feb 12, 2019
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mazambo

Seedlings in propagator

You're correct on both counts! :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Verdun
    Agree x 6

Much as I enjoy Chelsea!!

I've never been to Chelsea and kept saying I would but the more and more I see it on tv the less I want to go....heaving and full of celebrities...not my scene. I do love to go to Hampton Court...
    I've never been to Chelsea and kept saying I would but the more and more I see it on tv the less I want to go....heaving and full of celebrities...not my scene. I do love to go to Hampton Court and last year went Tatton for the first time and this year mum and I are going Chatsworth. The...
    I've never been to Chelsea and kept saying I would but the more and more I see it on tv the less I want to go....heaving and full of celebrities...not my scene. I do love to go to Hampton Court and last year went Tatton for the first time and...
    I've never been to Chelsea and kept saying I would but the more and more I see it on tv the less I want to go....heaving and full of celebrities...not my scene. I do love to go to Hampton Court...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun

Cornwall champions again!

Congratulations to Cornwall, much prefer union than league.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Cardinal-Red

I think I have rubbish soil

I suspect the lupins were small...bare roots perhaps?....Cardinal Red, as with the other plants so they need time to settle in:) I would leave well alone for a while and would not add further...
    I suspect the lupins were small...bare roots perhaps?....Cardinal Red, as with the other plants so they need time to settle in:) I would leave well alone for a while and would not add further feed No, I wouldn’t dig them up again or rework the soil I suggest you look the other way for 2 to 4 weeks...
    I suspect the lupins were small...bare roots perhaps?....Cardinal Red, as with the other plants so they need time to settle in:) I would leave well alone for a while and would not add further feed No, I wouldn’t dig them up again or rework the...
    I suspect the lupins were small...bare roots perhaps?....Cardinal Red, as with the other plants so they need time to settle in:) I would leave well alone for a while and would not add further...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Eden1

Something to plant alongside Cotoneaster Dammeri

Perhaps some ground covering plants like Aubrieta and Campanula. They are easily removed as the other plants spread.
    Perhaps some ground covering plants like Aubrieta and Campanula. They are easily removed as the other plants spread.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Carly C

Covering neighbours ugly bare branch conifers

Yes agree with @Verdun, if you can talk to your neighbour they might even consider replacing it with something a bit smaller and neater, though the kind of job they need one of those gangs to...
    Yes agree with @Verdun, if you can talk to your neighbour they might even consider replacing it with something a bit smaller and neater, though the kind of job they need one of those gangs to take down and remove.Assume they put it up for privacy, so if removal was possible a mutually agreed...
    Yes agree with @Verdun, if you can talk to your neighbour they might even consider replacing it with something a bit smaller and neater, though the kind of job they need one of those gangs to take down and remove.Assume they put it up for...
    Yes agree with @Verdun, if you can talk to your neighbour they might even consider replacing it with something a bit smaller and neater, though the kind of job they need one of those gangs to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Spruce

Ground beetles

I'm trying to manage my garden so that it encourages wildlife and insects. I create the odd woodpile, plant beneficial plants, etc and leave it looking a little wild in areas. Sitting out in the...
    I'm trying to manage my garden so that it encourages wildlife and insects. I create the odd woodpile, plant beneficial plants, etc and leave it looking a little wild in areas. Sitting out in the garden yesterday afternoon it was filled with flying insects, ladybirds, spiders, etc. Try and create...
    I'm trying to manage my garden so that it encourages wildlife and insects. I create the odd woodpile, plant beneficial plants, etc and leave it looking a little wild in areas. Sitting out in the garden yesterday afternoon it was filled with...
    I'm trying to manage my garden so that it encourages wildlife and insects. I create the odd woodpile, plant beneficial plants, etc and leave it looking a little wild in areas. Sitting out in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Doghouse Riley
    Like x 3

Garden Tour 2019

Superb DHR. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mane

Bamboo not green

Yes Mane :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sirius

Builders sand in the garden

+1I can confirm that the Wickes own brand sharp sand as sold in the large jumbo bags is great for growing crops in.Mixed with compost and/or vermiculite to improve moisture retention (about...
    +1I can confirm that the Wickes own brand sharp sand as sold in the large jumbo bags is great for growing crops in.Mixed with compost and/or vermiculite to improve moisture retention (about 15% in volume) and fertiliser for plant nutrients, I've demonstrated that you can indeed successfully...
    +1I can confirm that the Wickes own brand sharp sand as sold in the large jumbo bags is great for growing crops in.Mixed with compost and/or vermiculite to improve moisture retention (about 15% in volume) and fertiliser for plant nutrients,...
    +1I can confirm that the Wickes own brand sharp sand as sold in the large jumbo bags is great for growing crops in.Mixed with compost and/or vermiculite to improve moisture retention (about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Verdun
    Agree x 3

Well done Liverpool and Spurs

Yes first time any country has taken all four places, can't be bad:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. NoIdeaGardener

Magnolia positioning

I re-read the question. so the answer is to count out the space with your feet and plant accordingly.
    I re-read the question. so the answer is to count out the space with your feet and plant accordingly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mazambo

Seedlings the odd giant?

I've had lots of runts and robust seedlings but never a huge difference like yours! They must have got a shot of something super rich..
    I've had lots of runts and robust seedlings but never a huge difference like yours! They must have got a shot of something super rich..
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jurassic Gardener

Bulb advice

First time with Asiatic lily bulbs for me too, I restarted the bulbs from last years plants a few weeks ago in a cold (but with frost free heater) greenhouse, I read to start them off in pots a...
    First time with Asiatic lily bulbs for me too, I restarted the bulbs from last years plants a few weeks ago in a cold (but with frost free heater) greenhouse, I read to start them off in pots a third full of compost to the tips of the bulb then when grown another third top up the compost again...
    First time with Asiatic lily bulbs for me too, I restarted the bulbs from last years plants a few weeks ago in a cold (but with frost free heater) greenhouse, I read to start them off in pots a third full of compost to the tips of the bulb then...
    First time with Asiatic lily bulbs for me too, I restarted the bulbs from last years plants a few weeks ago in a cold (but with frost free heater) greenhouse, I read to start them off in pots a...
    20190502_191835.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Eden1

Propagator, Green House or Polly tunnel

Freecycle.org is also pretty good for free gardening stuff. Just the other day someone on the Sutton group was offering an unwanted greenhouse. Sutton Freecycle - OFFER: Greenhouse 1.9m by 2.6m...
    Freecycle.org is also pretty good for free gardening stuff. Just the other day someone on the Sutton group was offering an unwanted greenhouse. Sutton Freecycle - OFFER: Greenhouse 1.9m by 2.6m (Carshalton ) I see often offers for pots, fleece, cuttlings, seeds, tools and so forth.
    Freecycle.org is also pretty good for free gardening stuff. Just the other day someone on the Sutton group was offering an unwanted greenhouse. Sutton Freecycle - OFFER: Greenhouse 1.9m by 2.6m (Carshalton ) I see often offers for pots, fleece,...
    Freecycle.org is also pretty good for free gardening stuff. Just the other day someone on the Sutton group was offering an unwanted greenhouse. Sutton Freecycle - OFFER: Greenhouse 1.9m by 2.6m...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nightofjoy

To Hozelock, or not to Hozelock

I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not...
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not had it kink once so far.
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not had it kink once so far.
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dutch02

First garden, need advice...

Sorry, to hear that, there's always one hidden horror! :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mazambo

Neighbours clematis

One of the forms of C. montana.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. GardeningNewbie

Please help - Why is my Fuchsia dying?!

One of my favourites Pete, although I haven't grown it for a few years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ChloroPhil

Daffodils cut too early?

Thanks. How long would you feed the tomato feed for?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice