Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Overwintering plants in a greenhouse Mike Allen, Nov 12, 2019 at 11:00 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Disability gardening Dai007, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Bonemeal brands Green Glass Goblin, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Smelly white fungus killing perennials Janet mahay, Nov 12, 2019 at 12:45 AM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Flooded Garden Scrungee, Nov 5, 2019
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Fremontodendron shiney, Oct 2, 2019
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Fruit preserving season Jiffy, Aug 22, 2019
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. ennnceee

Viola now?

When the garden centres and online are selling bedding plants now, it's time to plant them now.
    When the garden centres and online are selling bedding plants now, it's time to plant them now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fat Controller

Where best to buy brugmansia?

It already below 5C at night most nights already and they been living in the GH all summer until the frost nipped them . I just see how they go in the spare room , the heating barely on in that room.
    It already below 5C at night most nights already and they been living in the GH all summer until the frost nipped them . I just see how they go in the spare room , the heating barely on in that room.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Darren2993

Dahlia Crown Gall??

@Darren2993That always seems to be the way, unfortunately. I don't think I would risk it the chance of spreading it would be too high. Dahlias are not that expensive to get new plants of and if...
    @Darren2993That always seems to be the way, unfortunately. I don't think I would risk it the chance of spreading it would be too high. Dahlias are not that expensive to get new plants of and if you want several then have a look at Dahlia Flower Plants and Tubers | Woolmans or Home - Halls of...
    @Darren2993That always seems to be the way, unfortunately. I don't think I would risk it the chance of spreading it would be too high. Dahlias are not that expensive to get new plants of and if you want several then have a look at Dahlia...
    @Darren2993That always seems to be the way, unfortunately. I don't think I would risk it the chance of spreading it would be too high. Dahlias are not that expensive to get new plants of and if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Steve86

RHS level 2 combined practical & theory

Good for you, Snorky' OK I believe you are an accountant. IMHO whoever and or whatever you are, life is so valuable. Grab it with both hands and make the best of it.You and many others like...
    Good for you, Snorky' OK I believe you are an accountant. IMHO whoever and or whatever you are, life is so valuable. Grab it with both hands and make the best of it.You and many others like you, so have decided to take the plunge, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Albeit studying and...
    Good for you, Snorky' OK I believe you are an accountant. IMHO whoever and or whatever you are, life is so valuable. Grab it with both hands and make the best of it.You and many others like you, so have decided to take the plunge, nothing...
    Good for you, Snorky' OK I believe you are an accountant. IMHO whoever and or whatever you are, life is so valuable. Grab it with both hands and make the best of it.You and many others like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. alana

Ugly Plants and Flowers

Ha ha Nick....I am a tad mischievous both in my views and actions but nothing meant other than in fun.:rasp:
    Ha ha Nick....I am a tad mischievous both in my views and actions but nothing meant other than in fun.:rasp:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mr.Bump

Potentilla Hedge Q'

Many thanks I'll do that, just seems very brutal to cut so much off..
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett

Rhubarb

Thank you @NigelJ That is very helpful. It means I can plant it in the place I had in mind :)
    Thank you @NigelJ That is very helpful. It means I can plant it in the place I had in mind :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Big Gaz

Fruit tree advice

Yes, espaliers are lovely when they're well trained, very productive too. But they take years to form (unless you buy a ready-made) so it's a wise choice to start with the cordons.
    Yes, espaliers are lovely when they're well trained, very productive too. But they take years to form (unless you buy a ready-made) so it's a wise choice to start with the cordons.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Reddwarf4ever

Need advice on how to restrict plant spreading

Doesn't look to me like a spider plant (=Chlorophytum, as in link above) but rather a Phalaris known as gardener's garters:I have it here growing in a lined tank filled mostly with gravel + a...
    Doesn't look to me like a spider plant (=Chlorophytum, as in link above) but rather a Phalaris known as gardener's garters:I have it here growing in a lined tank filled mostly with gravel + a bit of earth next to my garden pond, together with some ferns. It does spread rapidly so confining it...
    Doesn't look to me like a spider plant (=Chlorophytum, as in link above) but rather a Phalaris known as gardener's garters:I have it here growing in a lined tank filled mostly with gravel + a bit of earth next to my garden pond, together with...
    Doesn't look to me like a spider plant (=Chlorophytum, as in link above) but rather a Phalaris known as gardener's garters:I have it here growing in a lined tank filled mostly with gravel + a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jess W

What has happened to this plant?

Watermelons are grafted onto squash (and gourds).Their leaves are different. What were the leaves like, Watermelon or Pumpkin?
    Watermelons are grafted onto squash (and gourds).Their leaves are different. What were the leaves like, Watermelon or Pumpkin?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Verdun

The World Pasty Championship

Ok if you're taking orders I'll take a couple of dozen.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Perki

Allium red mohican flower size ?

@Perki if you don't get any info go to hydes bulbs and send them an email they are really helpful and the bulb quality is good too.
    @Perki if you don't get any info go to hydes bulbs and send them an email they are really helpful and the bulb quality is good too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Phil Clark

Flagging help

A neighbour has just had a large area flagged and from their prices , think @Jack Sparrows pricing its near the mark.However that all depends on the type and quality of flags you specify. Seems...
    A neighbour has just had a large area flagged and from their prices , think @Jack Sparrows pricing its near the mark.However that all depends on the type and quality of flags you specify. Seems the Indian Sandstone is both cheap and popular these days, comes in 15sq mtr packs from places like...
    A neighbour has just had a large area flagged and from their prices , think @Jack Sparrows pricing its near the mark.However that all depends on the type and quality of flags you specify. Seems the Indian Sandstone is both cheap and popular...
    A neighbour has just had a large area flagged and from their prices , think @Jack Sparrows pricing its near the mark.However that all depends on the type and quality of flags you specify. Seems...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil Clark

Old and a bit overgrown

Long thin gardens have lots of potential for sectioning thus having areas for vegs, seating, shed/greenhouse, lawn and whatever else you desire.
    Long thin gardens have lots of potential for sectioning thus having areas for vegs, seating, shed/greenhouse, lawn and whatever else you desire.
    20190922_120153.jpg thin garden.jpg long thin garden.jpg thin garden 4.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Caelius

Anemone Blanda & Ipheion:

I think that the A coronaria would overwhelm the A blanda as it can be a couple of foot high with foliage proportionately larger.
    I think that the A coronaria would overwhelm the A blanda as it can be a couple of foot high with foliage proportionately larger.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ThePlantAssassin

Calla Lily confusion

I do the same @pete ..Last Winter I did take the pot out of the pond and popped it in the greenhouse as I was worried Id lose it but I noticed it was suffering so back it went and thrived.
    I do the same @pete ..Last Winter I did take the pot out of the pond and popped it in the greenhouse as I was worried Id lose it but I noticed it was suffering so back it went and thrived.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Redwing
    Like x 5

White Verbena Bonariensis

I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none produced solely white ones....so I will not be making my fortune. There were some white flowers...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none produced solely white ones....so I will not be...
    I’ve been asked how my white ver bon has stood up so I thought I’d update this thread. Sadly it did not prove stable. The few cuttings I rooted threw a mixture of white and purple flowers and none...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. JonDSimmonds

What is this hedge?

Looks a bit like Euonymus Emerald and Gold to me @JonDSimmonds
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Eden1

Marguerite's not doing so well.

Cheers that's encouraging, I'll give it a lash
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. mazambo

Allium White Giant

Sorted now, emailed hyde & son and they have kindly returned my email with the info.
    Sorted now, emailed hyde & son and they have kindly returned my email with the info.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice