Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Tree Fern JWK, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:20 PM
  2. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: BEST SUPPLIER OF COMPOST 2019 Verdun, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Gray Mold and treating Botrytis Blight Verdun, Mar 16, 2019 at 12:34 PM
  4. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: DIY Archway mazambo, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:11 PM
  5. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  6. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  7. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cutting Hedge on December? Ned, Dec 18, 2018
  8. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Some of Our Flock andrews, Feb 12, 2019
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. polypody

Removing last years fruit from Crab Apples

Thanks for your reply.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Andrew Kennedy

Insulation?!?

My GH is Cedarwood boarded from base to bench height then glass. I replaced the roof glass a long time ago with twin walled polycarbonate. I use small bubble wrap that is 24inches wide.As the...
    My GH is Cedarwood boarded from base to bench height then glass. I replaced the roof glass a long time ago with twin walled polycarbonate. I use small bubble wrap that is 24inches wide.As the framework is wood and not metal it is so easy to staple the sheeting to the frame, this leaving at...
    My GH is Cedarwood boarded from base to bench height then glass. I replaced the roof glass a long time ago with twin walled polycarbonate. I use small bubble wrap that is 24inches wide.As the framework is wood and not metal it is so easy to...
    My GH is Cedarwood boarded from base to bench height then glass. I replaced the roof glass a long time ago with twin walled polycarbonate. I use small bubble wrap that is 24inches wide.As the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. kriss

Verbena plants

@kriss I'm glad you asked the question, in the same position with a bonariensis so cut it back as suggested.
    @kriss I'm glad you asked the question, in the same position with a bonariensis so cut it back as suggested.
    1CBBB311-DF13-4C5D-9A7A-97469B69D560.jpeg 20190316_142432.jpg 20190316_143222.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fat Controller

Where best to buy brugmansia?

I also heard that people would squeeze the nectar into their tea with the same effect
    I also heard that people would squeeze the nectar into their tea with the same effect
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. miraflores

Goldcrest wilma

Thanks a lot :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. tristanstartsgardening

How to remove those weeds?

Yes tristanstartsgardening, clear out that ivy.:) Small bushes will certainly be overrun by the ivy, flowers will be smothered and growth restricted.:) Besides, if unchecked it will look awful:sad:
    Yes tristanstartsgardening, clear out that ivy.:) Small bushes will certainly be overrun by the ivy, flowers will be smothered and growth restricted.:) Besides, if unchecked it will look awful:sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. kriss

Salvia Strategy!

Nemorosa Sensation Blue Kriss.....nice hardy variety.:) Keep labels or write names in a notebook perhaps:)
    Nemorosa Sensation Blue Kriss.....nice hardy variety.:) Keep labels or write names in a notebook perhaps:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Clydesdalestu

Cat friendly gravel - but not THAT friendly :)

Given the cat belongs to the original poster I doubt they want to put anything down that might poison it.
    Given the cat belongs to the original poster I doubt they want to put anything down that might poison it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Spruce

Metaldehyde Slug Pellets Finally Banned

Yes, it's the new trend in our garden !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mazambo

Agastache is it ok?

Couple of things mazambo.....golden jubilee does have yellowish leaves but agastaches won’t enjoy wet conditions esp over winter. You are right, they are reacting to the rain recently. I would...
    Couple of things mazambo.....golden jubilee does have yellowish leaves but agastaches won’t enjoy wet conditions esp over winter. You are right, they are reacting to the rain recently. I would cloche them if possible...keep them a tad drier and warmer. A fleece slightly suspended over them...
    Couple of things mazambo.....golden jubilee does have yellowish leaves but agastaches won’t enjoy wet conditions esp over winter. You are right, they are reacting to the rain recently. I would cloche them if possible...keep them a tad drier and...
    Couple of things mazambo.....golden jubilee does have yellowish leaves but agastaches won’t enjoy wet conditions esp over winter. You are right, they are reacting to the rain recently. I would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nightofjoy

Irrigation for mini greenhouse

@nightofjoy can you please post a pic of your new greenhouse? I just love to view other people's good stuff!
    @nightofjoy can you please post a pic of your new greenhouse? I just love to view other people's good stuff!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mazambo

Asclepias Tuberosa

Total washout outside so it's a greenhouse day, putting some slow release fertiliser in the asclepias and noticed a bit of life in it.
    Total washout outside so it's a greenhouse day, putting some slow release fertiliser in the asclepias and noticed a bit of life in it.
    20190223_142422.jpg 20190306_123646.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Spruce

Jiffy-7 Germinating Horticultural Peat Pellet , but which one ?

Yes I agree and also they're said to 'avoid root disturbance' yet as I recollect when I used them in a seed tray you still had to rip them apart as they grew into each other.
    Yes I agree and also they're said to 'avoid root disturbance' yet as I recollect when I used them in a seed tray you still had to rip them apart as they grew into each other.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. honeybunny

established potted climber...how

Update if anyone's interested lol :waving:Well, last year i dug out as much compost from the top of the pot as i dared, cutting my way through roots as i went along. I replaced with my own compost...
    Update if anyone's interested lol :waving:Well, last year i dug out as much compost from the top of the pot as i dared, cutting my way through roots as i went along. I replaced with my own compost mix which must've been quite rich cos poor old Nelly responded wonderfully! She put on lots of new...
    Update if anyone's interested lol :waving:Well, last year i dug out as much compost from the top of the pot as i dared, cutting my way through roots as i went along. I replaced with my own compost mix which must've been quite rich cos poor old...
    Update if anyone's interested lol :waving:Well, last year i dug out as much compost from the top of the pot as i dared, cutting my way through roots as i went along. I replaced with my own compost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. mazambo

Thompson & Morgan seed

It bewilders me, the prices they charge :scratch: The only t&m seeds I use now are free with magazines :)
    It bewilders me, the prices they charge :scratch: The only t&m seeds I use now are free with magazines :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Verdun
    Informative x 3

New Zealand flat worm!!!

I have never seen one either but I was reading that the Australian flat worm is well established in South and South west England @Verdun :thud: Australian and New Zealand flatworms / RHS Gardening
    I have never seen one either but I was reading that the Australian flat worm is well established in South and South west England @Verdun :thud: Australian and New Zealand flatworms / RHS Gardening
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Upsydaisy

Help please!

Cosmos, I'd start next month. They germinate and grow pretty quick! Definitely a pinch out! I grew rose picotee last year, they where really pretty!
    Cosmos, I'd start next month. They germinate and grow pretty quick! Definitely a pinch out! I grew rose picotee last year, they where really pretty!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Steve R

Wallflowers

Yes, should get a picture or two tomorrow Scrungee....they were 4 selected colours. Pinched out 3 or 4 times to produce density:)
    Yes, should get a picture or two tomorrow Scrungee....they were 4 selected colours. Pinched out 3 or 4 times to produce density:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sandy Ground

Camelia question

Well, I only have two, but had them more than 20yrs, one is always earlier than the other, whatever the weather. The earliest is just showing signs of colour on the buds, it did the same last...
    Well, I only have two, but had them more than 20yrs, one is always earlier than the other, whatever the weather. The earliest is just showing signs of colour on the buds, it did the same last year about now, but then slowed down due to the cold spell we had late last Feb. The other has still...
    Well, I only have two, but had them more than 20yrs, one is always earlier than the other, whatever the weather. The earliest is just showing signs of colour on the buds, it did the same last year about now, but then slowed down due to the cold...
    Well, I only have two, but had them more than 20yrs, one is always earlier than the other, whatever the weather. The earliest is just showing signs of colour on the buds, it did the same last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Amy Willshire

Burried Rubbish and rubble

Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i encounter all sorts when i tackle a new area. I either fill the land rover up and take it to the dump or...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i encounter all sorts when i tackle a new area. I either...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice