Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What’s looking good in February 2020 shiney, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:17 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Disability gardening Dai007, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best Supplier Of Compost 2020 Cuttings, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:01 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
    Latest: Olive tree problem.... anyone know what this is? DMM, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Price calculations Scrungee, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:06 PM
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
    Latest: Fruit preserving season Jiffy, Aug 22, 2019
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

New Photo Comp.!

:spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    :spinning: Hi everyone I just wanted to tell you about our new photo Comp... Please look here to enter........ :spinning: 30 DAY PHOTO CHALLENGE..! (JUNE)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3.   » Normal Threads
  4. Loki
    Like x 4

Snow Watch

Driving back and forth across the Mendips all this week - couldn't get through at all on Monday, and there were still drifts higher than my car on the side of the roads this evening. Going to be...
    Driving back and forth across the Mendips all this week - couldn't get through at all on Monday, and there were still drifts higher than my car on the side of the roads this evening. Going to be a while before it's all gone I think!
    Driving back and forth across the Mendips all this week - couldn't get through at all on Monday, and there were still drifts higher than my car on the side of the roads this evening. Going to be a while before it's all gone I think!
    Driving back and forth across the Mendips all this week - couldn't get through at all on Monday, and there were still drifts higher than my car on the side of the roads this evening. Going to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Trux

Cats in the garden

There is a new petition to which you might care to subscribe. Early days yet, but who knows.http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanRoamingPets/
    There is a new petition to which you might care to subscribe. Early days yet, but who knows.http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanRoamingPets/
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun

Fair or not?

If bites cause problems, then dont cover it with bark chippings.Everyone knows that some peoples bark chippings are worse than their frost bite! :snorky:
    If bites cause problems, then dont cover it with bark chippings.Everyone knows that some peoples bark chippings are worse than their frost bite! :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Verdun

Sticking to the subject matter?

Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch...
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch line to this :snorky:
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch line to this :snorky:
    Ooooh, you are sooooooooooo close!!!!! (In a round-a-bout sort of way)Suffice to say: SD is male; DD is female.But, it is not my line to call ... I shall let @Sandy Ground have the punch...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. PeterS
    Like x 13

Show us your climbers

I am delighted that my Cobaea seed has germinated ... I had no luck last year whatsoever. This year I plan to plait them in three stem trunks. I love this plant and it loves the sun here. My...
    I am delighted that my Cobaea seed has germinated ... I had no luck last year whatsoever. This year I plan to plait them in three stem trunks. I love this plant and it loves the sun here. My last one I had for several years, went about 5 meters and had lots of fruit ... Old...
    I am delighted that my Cobaea seed has germinated ... I had no luck last year whatsoever. This year I plan to plait them in three stem trunks. I love this plant and it loves the sun here. My last one I had for several years, went about 5...
    I am delighted that my Cobaea seed has germinated ... I had no luck last year whatsoever. This year I plan to plait them in three stem trunks. I love this plant and it loves the sun here. My...
    2012_08130020.JPG 2012_08130014.JPG 2012_08130018.JPG Aug 12 282.jpg Aug 12 287.jpg Aug 12 288.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Verdun
    Like x 3

Heatwave

Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a neighbour earlier in the year have made amazing...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes later. Rooted cuttings of daphne odora given me by a...
    Very calm day......bright, warm and sun is making an effort :)No damage damage done, surprisingly, in the garden from yesterday's stormGot more JI and horticultural grit to pot up new daphnes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fat Controller

Where best to buy brugmansia?

It already below 5C at night most nights already and they been living in the GH all summer until the frost nipped them . I just see how they go in the spare room , the heating barely on in that room.
    It already below 5C at night most nights already and they been living in the GH all summer until the frost nipped them . I just see how they go in the spare room , the heating barely on in that room.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Beckie76
    Like x 21

Beckie's garden!

I bought one from Aldi last year, hope mine turns out as pretty as yours :spinning:
    I bought one from Aldi last year, hope mine turns out as pretty as yours :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Verdun

Why is Cornwall best?

Love that Sandy.....made me chuckle :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sheal

Armandii on Armandii

Well @ARMANDII, I have a little problem there...... as I can't move it at the moment and I can't put it into the ground as it is standing on tiles behind the fish pond. So until my next phase is...
    Well @ARMANDII, I have a little problem there...... as I can't move it at the moment and I can't put it into the ground as it is standing on tiles behind the fish pond. So until my next phase is completed I will have to leave it where it is... the pot is a large deep pot... so hopefully it will...
    Well @ARMANDII, I have a little problem there...... as I can't move it at the moment and I can't put it into the ground as it is standing on tiles behind the fish pond. So until my next phase is completed I will have to leave it where it is......
    Well @ARMANDII, I have a little problem there...... as I can't move it at the moment and I can't put it into the ground as it is standing on tiles behind the fish pond. So until my next phase is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mark B

The Sun

Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long but majority of garden hopefully will now get 5 months of light per year, which I think is very good...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long but majority of garden hopefully will now get 5...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. NorthantsGeezer

Which plant can't you wait to flower?

Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Sadly neither of them flowered this year - due to the late frosts we had which killed the emerging blooms :frown:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kristen
    Like x 3

Water Conservation Gardening

I'm not conserving water at the moment. It's about two weeks since we had rain. The soil is so dry that it's cracking up so the sprinkler has been on all day - moving it around the garden.
    I'm not conserving water at the moment. It's about two weeks since we had rain. The soil is so dry that it's cracking up so the sprinkler has been on all day - moving it around the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Garden sponge

OPINIONS PLEASE

Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I should be talking to you as he's a Newcastle supporter originally from Ryton but now a Cockney Geordie...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I should be talking to you as he's a Newcastle...
    Well done you!!! what do you drive MD FORMULA ONE I'm not even going to try and beat that one you devil you, I was told off by my t'other half for getting there in that time Ps dont know if I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Honey Bee

Frogspawn

Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the bucket, but have hidden themselves, so we don't know how many have survived.... especially as I saw one...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the bucket, but have hidden themselves, so we don't know...
    Hi David H - and welcome!!!!!Already planned that one - it'll (hopefully) keep the little dalings occupied for a few hours each week.....All the taddies went into the pond from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Verdun
    Like x 3

What's on your wish list or what's new in your garden?

:comfort::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Verdun

Oh eck Brian

The old Service saying still applies........baffles brains, Verdun:dunno::whistle::heehee:
    The old Service saying still applies........baffles brains, Verdun:dunno::whistle::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Dave_In_His_Garden

My Patio

Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write...
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write something with maybe some photos then I would be happy to put it on my site.Drop me a lineThanks Juicer
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write something with maybe some photos then I would be happy...
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Sally Parker

Cold Temps and Plants..

I've looked at my camellia today the buds at the front have gone slightly smaller :scratch: but at the back they're lovely and fresh...the quicker this weather eases up the better :)
    I've looked at my camellia today the buds at the front have gone slightly smaller :scratch: but at the back they're lovely and fresh...the quicker this weather eases up the better :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Jenny namaste
    Like x 11

Show us your Hanging Baskets 2015

They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would...
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would balance the mix a bit more, Jenny
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would balance the mix a bit more, Jenny
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice