1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Papi Jo, Apr 25, 2024 at 10:11 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 25, 2024 at 8:39 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. pete

What died on you this winter?

Since I mentioned that Cordyline Dazzler had no off shoots one appeared while we were away at the weekend!
    Since I mentioned that Cordyline Dazzler had no off shoots one appeared while we were away at the weekend!
    DSCN9818.JPG cha cha.JPG 20230604_081717.jpg cha cha.JPG cordy.JPG acacia 1.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Mike Allen

Why don't members give some indication of their gardening qualificatons.

I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be self-employed or under an employer. It doesn't necessarily demonstrate knowledge - besides no one can know...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be self-employed or under an employer. It doesn't necessarily...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Dave_In_His_Garden

My Patio

Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write...
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write something with maybe some photos then I would be happy to put it on my site.Drop me a lineThanks Juicer
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write something with maybe some photos then I would be happy...
    Hi DaveI look in on this thread regularly to catch up on progress.I am looking for a guest author to contribute to my site.If there is a passionate amateur or professional who can write...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sally Parker

Cold Temps and Plants..

I've looked at my camellia today the buds at the front have gone slightly smaller :scratch: but at the back they're lovely and fresh...the quicker this weather eases up the better :)
    I've looked at my camellia today the buds at the front have gone slightly smaller :scratch: but at the back they're lovely and fresh...the quicker this weather eases up the better :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jenny namaste
    Like x 11

Show us your Hanging Baskets 2015

They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would...
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would balance the mix a bit more, Jenny
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would balance the mix a bit more, Jenny
    They are bright and very colourful @Tony Jones and look full of life. For a first attempt you have done your garden proud. Maybe, next year, a little trailing material such as Nepata or Ivy would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Victoria

Cobea .. Cup and Saucer Plant

You could get at least four packs of seeds out of one pod ... think of the money "they" are making?When I'm not painting, should I ....... ????? :rolleyes:
    You could get at least four packs of seeds out of one pod ... think of the money "they" are making?When I'm not painting, should I ....... ????? :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Linz
    Like x 6

Village flower and veg show.

I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big box.. I got tubes and I have a box..also got enviromesh..:fingers crossed:I got some ailsa Craig onion seeds too.. was...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big box.. I got tubes and I have a box..also got...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. maria

bulbs?

I couldn't resist teasing you, Spruce - it goes without saying that everything is Zigs fault ;)
    I couldn't resist teasing you, Spruce - it goes without saying that everything is Zigs fault ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. fumanchu

Help!

I'd need a ladder so long that I'd need binoculars to see the bloody spider lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mike Allen
    Like x 3

Why so much interest in tomatoe, and peppers growing?

There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your...
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your flowering veg to mutual advantage.
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your flowering veg to mutual advantage.
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Cuttings

Identification game

Gosh @Cuttings - better performance than I ever saw
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jungle Jane

Restoring a Privet Hedge

Wash your mouth out! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. kriss

Cosmos seeds and planting!

Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes,...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes, staking would help with cosmos but it tends to encourage even more legginess.....much better to...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes, staking would help with cosmos but it tends to...
    Ok, it might Lucius :). Often though when annuals are damaged like this they seem not to :noidea: However, if it did it would likely struggle for a few weeks occupying space that something else could. :noidea: Yes,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sweetiex

Growing fruit and vegetables

Mulch too close to the trunk could rot it....just an inch or two away is fine. If you had put the stake in after planting you could have damaged the roots that's all. Keep it there now. By...
    Mulch too close to the trunk could rot it....just an inch or two away is fine. If you had put the stake in after planting you could have damaged the roots that's all. Keep it there now. By keeping the fruit on the tree it is expending energy it prob doesnt have....better to concentrate on...
    Mulch too close to the trunk could rot it....just an inch or two away is fine. If you had put the stake in after planting you could have damaged the roots that's all. Keep it there now. By keeping the fruit on the tree it is expending energy it...
    Mulch too close to the trunk could rot it....just an inch or two away is fine. If you had put the stake in after planting you could have damaged the roots that's all. Keep it there now. By...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Eline

Gardening motivation survey - will you help?

Best thought out gardening survey I've ever participated in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. pattie

how to grow herbs

My search for dill plants in the local supermarkets has proved fruitless so I did the next best thing- I bought a packet of dill seeds for 49p! Thank you all for your contributions... I'm...
    My search for dill plants in the local supermarkets has proved fruitless so I did the next best thing- I bought a packet of dill seeds for 49p! Thank you all for your contributions... I'm learning about (and yearning for) more herbs, especially unusual ones.
    My search for dill plants in the local supermarkets has proved fruitless so I did the next best thing- I bought a packet of dill seeds for 49p! Thank you all for your contributions... I'm learning about (and yearning for) more herbs, especially...
    My search for dill plants in the local supermarkets has proved fruitless so I did the next best thing- I bought a packet of dill seeds for 49p! Thank you all for your contributions... I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Mervyn Wilmington

Cleaning/painting plastic garden furniture

just so happen to have them in my download file. the only way to upload a pic on this forum.
    just so happen to have them in my download file. the only way to upload a pic on this forum.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Verdun

What am I?

Blimey! Nobody got this yet after all this time??? Cirsium Frosted Magic.......of course :snorky:
    Blimey! Nobody got this yet after all this time??? Cirsium Frosted Magic.......of course :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ned

To keep or not to keep - that`s the question...

My house came with rose bushes everywhere. I have taken most of them out. They grew in the most inconvenient places and just looked awful. I have kept the two in the front yard. They flower pretty...
    My house came with rose bushes everywhere. I have taken most of them out. They grew in the most inconvenient places and just looked awful. I have kept the two in the front yard. They flower pretty well. I'm hoping with a bit of thought I can bring a bit of shape back to them.G.
    My house came with rose bushes everywhere. I have taken most of them out. They grew in the most inconvenient places and just looked awful. I have kept the two in the front yard. They flower pretty well. I'm hoping with a bit of thought I can...
    My house came with rose bushes everywhere. I have taken most of them out. They grew in the most inconvenient places and just looked awful. I have kept the two in the front yard. They flower pretty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Schinus

The peppers are winging their way to you as I type, pete. Boa sorte (good luck) and let me know your progress.
    The peppers are winging their way to you as I type, pete. Boa sorte (good luck) and let me know your progress.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice