1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Primrose ' lawn' BB3, Apr 26, 2024 at 8:52 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Compost roller and lawn leveler / lute Zola, Apr 26, 2024 at 1:45 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 26, 2024 at 11:32 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. nightofjoy

To Hozelock, or not to Hozelock

I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not...
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not had it kink once so far.
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not had it kink once so far.
    I use Tricoflex which is Hozelock. Tricoflex Hose Pipe 19mm (¾ Inch) 9 Bar Rating | Tricoflex Hose Pipes | Pitchcare ShopGets thrown about and has been great but it’s a pretty stiff hose but not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Mohsin Khan

How to move aggregate?

Make sure you have a wheelbarrow with a pneumatic tyre, they are so much easier to handle and ride the lumps and bumps much better.
    Make sure you have a wheelbarrow with a pneumatic tyre, they are so much easier to handle and ride the lumps and bumps much better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Mike Allen
    Like x 3

Why so much interest in tomatoe, and peppers growing?

There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your...
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your flowering veg to mutual advantage.
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your flowering veg to mutual advantage.
    There are quite a few edible flowers that you could grow, and many herbs have 'interesting' flowers that not only give colour to your veg patch but also attract pollinaters who will visit your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Stephen in Wroughton

Planting under Leylandi.

Cycleman hederfolium, the autumn flowering cyclamen, but don't get them as the corms. Get the living plants in pots. They do like dry shade. I have a lovely colony that has a cherry over the top...
    Cycleman hederfolium, the autumn flowering cyclamen, but don't get them as the corms. Get the living plants in pots. They do like dry shade. I have a lovely colony that has a cherry over the top with a leylandii hedge at the back. I think they would prefer it even drier. I have seen them at Ness...
    Cycleman hederfolium, the autumn flowering cyclamen, but don't get them as the corms. Get the living plants in pots. They do like dry shade. I have a lovely colony that has a cherry over the top with a leylandii hedge at the back. I think they...
    Cycleman hederfolium, the autumn flowering cyclamen, but don't get them as the corms. Get the living plants in pots. They do like dry shade. I have a lovely colony that has a cherry over the top...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mike Allen

Why don't members give some indication of their gardening qualificatons.

I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be self-employed or under an employer. It doesn't necessarily demonstrate knowledge - besides no one can know...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be self-employed or under an employer. It doesn't necessarily...
    I'm qualified, but to be honest, experience is, in most cases, better. Where qualification helps, and is specifically designed to help in achieving work in horticulture, whether that be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Verdun

Why is Cornwall best?

Love that Sandy.....made me chuckle :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mazambo

Overwintered Brugmansia

Thanks @pete I'm not overly bothered if it doesn't grow, I've got a suaveolens to replace it.
    Thanks @pete I'm not overly bothered if it doesn't grow, I've got a suaveolens to replace it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Maurice

Photinia (Red Robin)

I dont have red robin in my garden but so want good foliage for flower arranging.
    I dont have red robin in my garden but so want good foliage for flower arranging.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Voobwm

How to drain a waterlogged lawn

One thing to be careful of if it is heavy clay soil; I have an ancient drain on my property and on that side of the garden the lawn is nice and dry. On the rest of the lawn it is a swamp. So a...
    One thing to be careful of if it is heavy clay soil; I have an ancient drain on my property and on that side of the garden the lawn is nice and dry. On the rest of the lawn it is a swamp. So a couple of years ago I dug and installed a drainage pipe to get the water to the drain and what I find...
    One thing to be careful of if it is heavy clay soil; I have an ancient drain on my property and on that side of the garden the lawn is nice and dry. On the rest of the lawn it is a swamp. So a couple of years ago I dug and installed a drainage...
    One thing to be careful of if it is heavy clay soil; I have an ancient drain on my property and on that side of the garden the lawn is nice and dry. On the rest of the lawn it is a swamp. So a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Trux

Cats in the garden

There is a new petition to which you might care to subscribe. Early days yet, but who knows.http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanRoamingPets/
    There is a new petition to which you might care to subscribe. Early days yet, but who knows.http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/BanRoamingPets/
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Carllennon

Any good UK based gardening youtube channels?

I like Castle Hill Garden and ... another one that I just can't remember that's very focused on organic methods. It will come to me eventually.Enjoy the lavender and leeks blog but haven't seen...
    I like Castle Hill Garden and ... another one that I just can't remember that's very focused on organic methods. It will come to me eventually.Enjoy the lavender and leeks blog but haven't seen the videos.I like a good long video that I can put on while I'm doing the dishes, none of this 4...
    I like Castle Hill Garden and ... another one that I just can't remember that's very focused on organic methods. It will come to me eventually.Enjoy the lavender and leeks blog but haven't seen the videos.I like a good long video that I can...
    I like Castle Hill Garden and ... another one that I just can't remember that's very focused on organic methods. It will come to me eventually.Enjoy the lavender and leeks blog but haven't seen...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. alana

Ugly Plants and Flowers

Ha ha Nick....I am a tad mischievous both in my views and actions but nothing meant other than in fun.:rasp:
    Ha ha Nick....I am a tad mischievous both in my views and actions but nothing meant other than in fun.:rasp:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Amy Willshire

Burried Rubbish and rubble

Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i encounter all sorts when i tackle a new area. I either fill the land rover up and take it to the dump or...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i encounter all sorts when i tackle a new area. I either...
    Personally I would just deal with problems as they arise and not worry too much about it. Dig your pond and deal with any rubbish you encounter. My house is built on an old builders yard an i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mark B

The Sun

Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long but majority of garden hopefully will now get 5 months of light per year, which I think is very good...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long but majority of garden hopefully will now get 5...
    Well this topic has been going a while but now the entire garden nearly gets sun. Just a couple more feet for the small hedging plants. Moved pots from near the house as just to dark for to long...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. boutetm

Accidentally used ericaceous compost

They will be okApparently plants that like alkaline soil are ok in one that is more acid. But plants that like an acid soil will not be ok in one that is more alkaline. I have read the...
    They will be okApparently plants that like alkaline soil are ok in one that is more acid. But plants that like an acid soil will not be ok in one that is more alkaline. I have read the explanation for this but can't remember why off hand. :scratch:
    They will be okApparently plants that like alkaline soil are ok in one that is more acid. But plants that like an acid soil will not be ok in one that is more alkaline. I have read the explanation for this but can't remember why off hand. :scratch:
    They will be okApparently plants that like alkaline soil are ok in one that is more acid. But plants that like an acid soil will not be ok in one that is more alkaline. I have read the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. redfifi1717

Pine cones for a mulch?

I had the allotment rotivated 2 weeks ago and cost me �£15
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. LooseLotty

ideas to stop my plant pots walking?

Thanks for all the ideas. One of our neighbours has had some stolen and everyone else hasn't bothered. It's such a shame that a few people can spoil it for the rest. I shall try and get some chain...
    Thanks for all the ideas. One of our neighbours has had some stolen and everyone else hasn't bothered. It's such a shame that a few people can spoil it for the rest. I shall try and get some chain or some larger pots.Won't be moving as it is already a nice area!!! Believe it or not no one seems...
    Thanks for all the ideas. One of our neighbours has had some stolen and everyone else hasn't bothered. It's such a shame that a few people can spoil it for the rest. I shall try and get some chain or some larger pots.Won't be moving as it is...
    Thanks for all the ideas. One of our neighbours has had some stolen and everyone else hasn't bothered. It's such a shame that a few people can spoil it for the rest. I shall try and get some chain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lacewing

Pieris pruning/relocation advice please

thanks so much for that Sheal, I will follow your advice :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. TheMadHedger

Electric tool for digging out thick, tough bramble roots?

Hire places will deliver and pick up for anything that size. Fuel is cheap enough.The hire people delivering it should at least show you where all the controls are. I thoroughly recommend...
    Hire places will deliver and pick up for anything that size. Fuel is cheap enough.The hire people delivering it should at least show you where all the controls are. I thoroughly recommend videoing them showing you, so you can watch it back later when you forget how to do something like winding...
    Hire places will deliver and pick up for anything that size. Fuel is cheap enough.The hire people delivering it should at least show you where all the controls are. I thoroughly recommend videoing them showing you, so you can watch it back...
    Hire places will deliver and pick up for anything that size. Fuel is cheap enough.The hire people delivering it should at least show you where all the controls are. I thoroughly recommend...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. xf8u39

Plant idenfication

Yes, a small pink flowered rampant doer! Jenny namaste
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice