1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Primrose ' lawn' NigelJ, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:20 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Compost roller and lawn leveler / lute Zola, Apr 26, 2024 at 1:45 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 26, 2024 at 11:32 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. NorthantsGeezer

Do you keep a diary?

Sneaky, informative, nosey, interesting, a good laugh, and a Damned cheek :) Oh, and sometimes hurtful to oneself :sad: I am hard though :)
    Sneaky, informative, nosey, interesting, a good laugh, and a Damned cheek :) Oh, and sometimes hurtful to oneself :sad: I am hard though :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jack McHammocklashing

Ooops embarrassing mistake

Tried to grow, beans, peas, sweet-peas, various tomatoes, cucumber, petunias, strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, various cabbage Oh all sortsI am going to be OK though, I had a trip to the...
    Tried to grow, beans, peas, sweet-peas, various tomatoes, cucumber, petunias, strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, various cabbage Oh all sortsI am going to be OK though, I had a trip to the local allotments, and a good few of the people have spares they are willing to pass on I do not have a...
    Tried to grow, beans, peas, sweet-peas, various tomatoes, cucumber, petunias, strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, various cabbage Oh all sortsI am going to be OK though, I had a trip to the local allotments, and a good few of the people have...
    Tried to grow, beans, peas, sweet-peas, various tomatoes, cucumber, petunias, strawberries, carrots, cauliflower, various cabbage Oh all sortsI am going to be OK though, I had a trip to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. leonora

New Garden History Book

Indeed, there are too few.....I suppose there are quite a few books about allotments, though, and allotments were always something for the working class. When you read books or watch programmes...
    Indeed, there are too few.....I suppose there are quite a few books about allotments, though, and allotments were always something for the working class. When you read books or watch programmes about country estates, there is usually very little about who did the actual work!
    Indeed, there are too few.....I suppose there are quite a few books about allotments, though, and allotments were always something for the working class. When you read books or watch programmes about country estates, there is usually very little...
    Indeed, there are too few.....I suppose there are quite a few books about allotments, though, and allotments were always something for the working class. When you read books or watch programmes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Paul Sanderson

Beech saplings...

Well they're in the ground, and we've kindly been given a deluge of rain. Will keep a very close eye on them over the next few months - thanks for all your advice!!Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
    Well they're in the ground, and we've kindly been given a deluge of rain. Will keep a very close eye on them over the next few months - thanks for all your advice!!Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Octopus Prime

slugs/snails and rust

Had to giggle at this! Especially how you felt cruel but you tossed it over the hedge! Looking forward to the results of the research :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had to giggle at this! Especially how you felt cruel but you tossed it over the hedge! Looking forward to the results of the research :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jenny namaste

Wallflower - cuttings

You could save the seed ? but no waste of time taking cutting but the other two yes Bowles Mauve or Constant Cheer
    You could save the seed ? but no waste of time taking cutting but the other two yes Bowles Mauve or Constant Cheer
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. whis4ey
    Like x 5

A few pics over Easter

And a couple more :)
    IMG_1822B.jpg IMG_1833B.jpg IMG_1837B.jpg IMG_1839B.jpg IMG_1836B.jpg IMG_1844B.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. projectrooT

New Automation System

Hey Everyone,My name is Sandeep and I'm working on creating a new product that use sensors to make sure your plants always have the perfect amount of water.From our experience timers are...
    Hey Everyone,My name is Sandeep and I'm working on creating a new product that use sensors to make sure your plants always have the perfect amount of water.From our experience timers are just not good enough. We want to see if people are interested in such a concept, so we are reaching out...
    Hey Everyone,My name is Sandeep and I'm working on creating a new product that use sensors to make sure your plants always have the perfect amount of water.From our experience timers are just not good enough. We want to see if people are...
    Hey Everyone,My name is Sandeep and I'm working on creating a new product that use sensors to make sure your plants always have the perfect amount of water.From our experience timers are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. AndyS

Solanum Rantonetti

I have loads of seed, I'll do that. If I have plants that are worthy I'll let you know later on - your seed will be miles behind them I expect. Seed will keep (I have kept it, and still viable,...
    I have loads of seed, I'll do that. If I have plants that are worthy I'll let you know later on - your seed will be miles behind them I expect. Seed will keep (I have kept it, and still viable, for 2 or 3 years for sure)
    I have loads of seed, I'll do that. If I have plants that are worthy I'll let you know later on - your seed will be miles behind them I expect. Seed will keep (I have kept it, and still viable, for 2 or 3 years for sure)
    I have loads of seed, I'll do that. If I have plants that are worthy I'll let you know later on - your seed will be miles behind them I expect. Seed will keep (I have kept it, and still viable,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Rhinohawk

Need help with raised garden bed!

Stain or preservative with colourant? Not that it matters much - I don;t really think any preservative will affect what's grown in the volume of soil
    Stain or preservative with colourant? Not that it matters much - I don;t really think any preservative will affect what's grown in the volume of soil
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. John122

Why I decided to grow vegetables for myself

Thread closed. Perpetrator has been spam banned.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. TurnedThespian

Holly obsession back on track!

(Oops, I totally posted this in the wrong section... oh well!)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lee3"

Topsoil help please!

Many thanks noisette47.Would you recommend for another option to be to leave it as it is and mix in compost and manure to try and break it up. Just thinking that I am possibly creating holes...
    Many thanks noisette47.Would you recommend for another option to be to leave it as it is and mix in compost and manure to try and break it up. Just thinking that I am possibly creating holes surrounded by clay pots if you get what I mean?I have a massive amount of horse manure at my...
    Many thanks noisette47.Would you recommend for another option to be to leave it as it is and mix in compost and manure to try and break it up. Just thinking that I am possibly creating holes surrounded by clay pots if you get what I mean?I...
    Many thanks noisette47.Would you recommend for another option to be to leave it as it is and mix in compost and manure to try and break it up. Just thinking that I am possibly creating holes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Noushynoo

EUONYMUS fortunei 'Silver Queen as hedge

I think emerald gaiety is more low growing, silver queen is possibly more adaptable as it can be shaped in to a hedge, as a low growing ground cover, or even up a wall.Stunning photos.What do...
    I think emerald gaiety is more low growing, silver queen is possibly more adaptable as it can be shaped in to a hedge, as a low growing ground cover, or even up a wall.Stunning photos.What do you prune it with, sheers? If you cut into old wood does it grow back happily?Another option for...
    I think emerald gaiety is more low growing, silver queen is possibly more adaptable as it can be shaped in to a hedge, as a low growing ground cover, or even up a wall.Stunning photos.What do you prune it with, sheers? If you cut into old...
    I think emerald gaiety is more low growing, silver queen is possibly more adaptable as it can be shaped in to a hedge, as a low growing ground cover, or even up a wall.Stunning photos.What do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. cwcw

Laurel Hedge - Dying At One Side

Welcome to GC Cwcw. :)It's difficult to identify problems without seeing them, is there a chance you could upload a picture or two please.
    Welcome to GC Cwcw. :)It's difficult to identify problems without seeing them, is there a chance you could upload a picture or two please.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. roders

A new GARDEN bridge over the Thames.

I think its pointless. Huge cost to provide a structure that will accommodate trees on top of a bridge. The article says its a pedestrian bridge, and nowhere does it say anything about cyclists...
    I think its pointless. Huge cost to provide a structure that will accommodate trees on top of a bridge. The article says its a pedestrian bridge, and nowhere does it say anything about cyclists :(I do like what they have done to the High Line in New York - an old disused elevated railway ...
    I think its pointless. Huge cost to provide a structure that will accommodate trees on top of a bridge. The article says its a pedestrian bridge, and nowhere does it say anything about cyclists :(I do like what they have done to the High Line...
    I think its pointless. Huge cost to provide a structure that will accommodate trees on top of a bridge. The article says its a pedestrian bridge, and nowhere does it say anything about cyclists...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73
    Like x 8

Shabby Chic

You have a very creative eye, sal :dbgrtmb: kudos to you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. KGGS

Encyclopaedia of trees and shrubs ebook?

This is the only one I know of
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS

Ebay seed purchase from USA

Just for information .If you ever purchase seeds from the USA through eBay. A worldwide search on eBay.co.uk will not show the items . You are best to search on eBay.com The thread below explains...
    Just for information .If you ever purchase seeds from the USA through eBay. A worldwide search on eBay.co.uk will not show the items . You are best to search on eBay.com The thread below explains this in detail.
    Just for information .If you ever purchase seeds from the USA through eBay. A worldwide search on eBay.co.uk will not show the items . You are best to search on eBay.com The thread below explains this in detail.
    Just for information .If you ever purchase seeds from the USA through eBay. A worldwide search on eBay.co.uk will not show the items . You are best to search on eBay.com The thread below explains...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. harry123

Dahlia

I completely forgot about cutting back three last year nad they bloomed beautifully this year, out of the blue!I'm definitely taking them out this year as soon as the frosts his S Wales :)
    I completely forgot about cutting back three last year nad they bloomed beautifully this year, out of the blue!I'm definitely taking them out this year as soon as the frosts his S Wales :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice