1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Dovefromabove, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:08 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. cttm

Bergenia

Ok, thank you for that info, I will give the link a try later.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lynne

ideas for standing a terracotta pot on

Using your idea Dave W..Perhaps set Blue bricks into the lawn to your own pattern as edgers then infill with slate?Those Cotswold chippings might stay white with a soaking of 'Water Seal' Dave ;)
    Using your idea Dave W..Perhaps set Blue bricks into the lawn to your own pattern as edgers then infill with slate?Those Cotswold chippings might stay white with a soaking of 'Water Seal' Dave ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. carolb

as good as it gets

I'd go cautiously round your new bit of turf, though - try not to let any get on it, and not walk on it either - give it a chance to settle and get rooted into your soil before you start...
    I'd go cautiously round your new bit of turf, though - try not to let any get on it, and not walk on it either - give it a chance to settle and get rooted into your soil before you start mowing..... A few grains landing on it won't hurt, but I'd be extra-cautious! :rolleyes:Used to go...
    I'd go cautiously round your new bit of turf, though - try not to let any get on it, and not walk on it either - give it a chance to settle and get rooted into your soil before you start mowing..... A few grains landing on it won't hurt, but I'd...
    I'd go cautiously round your new bit of turf, though - try not to let any get on it, and not walk on it either - give it a chance to settle and get rooted into your soil before you start...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Orchid

Dead heading

Hi Frogesque,Very pleased to meet you.What I'll go then, is try both methods on the same plant and see what happens! Many thanks
    Hi Frogesque,Very pleased to meet you.What I'll go then, is try both methods on the same plant and see what happens! Many thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pete

plants outside

It makes me angry when I go round the garden centres and half the plants on display lokk like they haven't been watered for weeks.They already are half dead before the unsuspecting customers buy...
    It makes me angry when I go round the garden centres and half the plants on display lokk like they haven't been watered for weeks.They already are half dead before the unsuspecting customers buy them.Quite often I feel like asking for a hose pipe so that I can and water them myself.With all the...
    It makes me angry when I go round the garden centres and half the plants on display lokk like they haven't been watered for weeks.They already are half dead before the unsuspecting customers buy them.Quite often I feel like asking for a hose pipe...
    It makes me angry when I go round the garden centres and half the plants on display lokk like they haven't been watered for weeks.They already are half dead before the unsuspecting customers buy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. paul walker

pictures of my tubs

me two when you think of what you can put in their
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. barneyb

Protecting potted plants from slugs and snails

I take the snails and slugs on a permanent holiday - anywhere up to a mile away!
    I take the snails and slugs on a permanent holiday - anywhere up to a mile away!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. PLOTTY

MY WEEKS : 11 & 12 UPDATE POSTED

Hi Steve,finaly managed to get your updates to show up.I am most impressed with the way it is all coming together and to see all your seedlings all looking very healthy. Nice to see also your...
    Hi Steve,finaly managed to get your updates to show up.I am most impressed with the way it is all coming together and to see all your seedlings all looking very healthy. Nice to see also your slide show.Glad to hear you are now on the mend.Take Care and looking forward to you next update
    Hi Steve,finaly managed to get your updates to show up.I am most impressed with the way it is all coming together and to see all your seedlings all looking very healthy. Nice to see also your slide show.Glad to hear you are now on the mend.Take...
    Hi Steve,finaly managed to get your updates to show up.I am most impressed with the way it is all coming together and to see all your seedlings all looking very healthy. Nice to see also your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Orchid

Morning Glory

Hello Liz,Very pleased to meet you and thank you for your reply.Let's hope I have such success with mine!
    Hello Liz,Very pleased to meet you and thank you for your reply.Let's hope I have such success with mine!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Liz

Seed costs

I bought a packet of tumbling toms-Red- today,�£1.95.I thought that was pretty expensive.
    I bought a packet of tumbling toms-Red- today,�£1.95.I thought that was pretty expensive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. kasabian

Sheds

Have a look through the Yellow adveriser Kasabian...your daughter is adorable.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lapod

Doves?

Sorry, when I started to read your thread I thought you were talking about the band from Manchester! I dont think their manure would be any good for your garden. They're CD's are very good by...
    Sorry, when I started to read your thread I thought you were talking about the band from Manchester! I dont think their manure would be any good for your garden. They're CD's are very good by the way, good chill out music to listen to while your doing your weeding. Just thought I'd share that...
    Sorry, when I started to read your thread I thought you were talking about the band from Manchester! I dont think their manure would be any good for your garden. They're CD's are very good by the way, good chill out music to listen to while...
    Sorry, when I started to read your thread I thought you were talking about the band from Manchester! I dont think their manure would be any good for your garden. They're CD's are very good by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Nic S

Pruning camelias

Thank you, cajary. What a brilliant idea to float them in a bowl...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Chrysocolla

Something is very wrong.

Sorry did not read this thread before. The two possibilities are virus or eelworm. Eeelworms do leave traces in the bulb. When you cut it across there are brown rings inside the bulb. Viruses are...
    Sorry did not read this thread before. The two possibilities are virus or eelworm. Eeelworms do leave traces in the bulb. When you cut it across there are brown rings inside the bulb. Viruses are much more difficult to diagnose. The symptoms can be severe and death causing or mild and take...
    Sorry did not read this thread before. The two possibilities are virus or eelworm. Eeelworms do leave traces in the bulb. When you cut it across there are brown rings inside the bulb. Viruses are much more difficult to diagnose. The symptoms can...
    Sorry did not read this thread before. The two possibilities are virus or eelworm. Eeelworms do leave traces in the bulb. When you cut it across there are brown rings inside the bulb. Viruses are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. compostee

March is a busy month

I wish i had gone for a gardening career, when i was younger. I often used to sit chatting to the park attendants but they never implied i could have a go at the job, and it never dawned on me...
    I wish i had gone for a gardening career, when i was younger. I often used to sit chatting to the park attendants but they never implied i could have a go at the job, and it never dawned on me then. I envy you your job, it must be really satisfying. But hey, I love my life now.
    I wish i had gone for a gardening career, when i was younger. I often used to sit chatting to the park attendants but they never implied i could have a go at the job, and it never dawned on me then. I envy you your job, it must be really...
    I wish i had gone for a gardening career, when i was younger. I often used to sit chatting to the park attendants but they never implied i could have a go at the job, and it never dawned on me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. daz and debs

mussa valutina

thanks verrrrry much my friend ill do that thanks again....daz
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. compost maker

Sambus Black Lace

Jean, I find Google very useful for finding info on plants - though occasionally you come up with a blank.I just put the full latin name in the search field, and check the UK radio button (only...
    Jean, I find Google very useful for finding info on plants - though occasionally you come up with a blank.I just put the full latin name in the search field, and check the UK radio button (only if that fails would I search the world) then GO. It will bring up pages, much of which are useless,...
    Jean, I find Google very useful for finding info on plants - though occasionally you come up with a blank.I just put the full latin name in the search field, and check the UK radio button (only if that fails would I search the world) then GO....
    Jean, I find Google very useful for finding info on plants - though occasionally you come up with a blank.I just put the full latin name in the search field, and check the UK radio button (only...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JillD

fuschia

I leave mine indoors untill all sign of frosts are past unless they are hardy fuchsias.They will happily grow away in your greenhouse .Mine are in my consatory ,kitchen window sill and front...
    I leave mine indoors untill all sign of frosts are past unless they are hardy fuchsias.They will happily grow away in your greenhouse .Mine are in my consatory ,kitchen window sill and front entrance as its a wee bit cosier.I dont put mine outdoors till about end of May if its nice during...
    I leave mine indoors untill all sign of frosts are past unless they are hardy fuchsias.They will happily grow away in your greenhouse .Mine are in my consatory ,kitchen window sill and front entrance as its a wee bit cosier.I dont put mine...
    I leave mine indoors untill all sign of frosts are past unless they are hardy fuchsias.They will happily grow away in your greenhouse .Mine are in my consatory ,kitchen window sill and front...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. mcmac74

roots and stumps

Nice one 008. That's a new one to me. Must make a point of remembering that in case I come across an old stump that I need to remove.
    Nice one 008. That's a new one to me. Must make a point of remembering that in case I come across an old stump that I need to remove.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. compost maker

What one bush would you love mostand why?

Yes, I'd have to go with philadelphus - in fact I just have! (I also got philadelphus virginal, coincidentally.) My parents have one and it's lovely and does indeed smell gorgeous. I don't think...
    Yes, I'd have to go with philadelphus - in fact I just have! (I also got philadelphus virginal, coincidentally.) My parents have one and it's lovely and does indeed smell gorgeous. I don't think you get many flowers at first though as I believe you have to keep pruning in spring to get a good...
    Yes, I'd have to go with philadelphus - in fact I just have! (I also got philadelphus virginal, coincidentally.) My parents have one and it's lovely and does indeed smell gorgeous. I don't think you get many flowers at first though as I believe...
    Yes, I'd have to go with philadelphus - in fact I just have! (I also got philadelphus virginal, coincidentally.) My parents have one and it's lovely and does indeed smell gorgeous. I don't think...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice