1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Papi Jo, Apr 25, 2024 at 10:11 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 25, 2024 at 8:39 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Tweezers

Phoenix Canariensis

Yes mine is sharp pete, the smooth stuff was too much �£�£�£. Your right though about the movement. I have the smooth, which I love, but use it decoratively.
    Yes mine is sharp pete, the smooth stuff was too much �£�£�£. Your right though about the movement. I have the smooth, which I love, but use it decoratively.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. windy miller

Cold-frame-what aspect??

Fancy, lining with bubble plastic will help to keep your greenhouse 3 or 4 degrees warmer at night than the outside. But if it gets very cold at night then you can get frost inside the greenhouse.
    Fancy, lining with bubble plastic will help to keep your greenhouse 3 or 4 degrees warmer at night than the outside. But if it gets very cold at night then you can get frost inside the greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. redfifi1717

Pine cones for a mulch?

I had the allotment rotivated 2 weeks ago and cost me �£15
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. miraflores

WHICH SOIL in your garden?

Thanks Miraflores - That's a really interesting article. I always assume (as a Yorkshireman) that tests etc will cost loads, but I guess reading that it all quite 'secondary school' thinking
    Thanks Miraflores - That's a really interesting article. I always assume (as a Yorkshireman) that tests etc will cost loads, but I guess reading that it all quite 'secondary school' thinking
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Tweezers

Catalpas

I love them. Yours are very thick and lush. Mine are fairly young I think, not so thick yet. Three of them are about 12 foot tall (the ones that produced beans ) but the other 2 are only about 6ft...
    I love them. Yours are very thick and lush. Mine are fairly young I think, not so thick yet. Three of them are about 12 foot tall (the ones that produced beans ) but the other 2 are only about 6ft and 8ft tall.
    I love them. Yours are very thick and lush. Mine are fairly young I think, not so thick yet. Three of them are about 12 foot tall (the ones that produced beans ) but the other 2 are only about 6ft and 8ft tall.
    I love them. Yours are very thick and lush. Mine are fairly young I think, not so thick yet. Three of them are about 12 foot tall (the ones that produced beans ) but the other 2 are only about 6ft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. miraflores

garden sponge

say hello to Romford from me...I' ll have to go to the market one of these days...
    say hello to Romford from me...I' ll have to go to the market one of these days...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Tweezers

those waxy bits....

I've been told they're there to protect the buds near the tip, Tweezer, and that they don't need to come off, but I have to admit, I always prune them off!I came across them for the first time...
    I've been told they're there to protect the buds near the tip, Tweezer, and that they don't need to come off, but I have to admit, I always prune them off!I came across them for the first time last year when getting a lot of new plants, and wondered what was best, so asked around! ;)
    I've been told they're there to protect the buds near the tip, Tweezer, and that they don't need to come off, but I have to admit, I always prune them off!I came across them for the first time last year when getting a lot of new plants, and...
    I've been told they're there to protect the buds near the tip, Tweezer, and that they don't need to come off, but I have to admit, I always prune them off!I came across them for the first time...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. danielwilliams_2007

What shall i do (suggestians)

It looks like a garden with promise and flat too. Have a trip to the local library they will have books on garden design that you can get ideas from.
    It looks like a garden with promise and flat too. Have a trip to the local library they will have books on garden design that you can get ideas from.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mark B

How much soil, What mix.

Hi Mark, looks like we had the same builders !I know its a hard slog, but digging the rubble out is in my opinion, your best way forward.In my other post you started ( how to make a raised...
    Hi Mark, looks like we had the same builders !I know its a hard slog, but digging the rubble out is in my opinion, your best way forward.In my other post you started ( how to make a raised bed) you can see I persevered with the digging and got a great result. In the plot i pictured i pulled...
    Hi Mark, looks like we had the same builders !I know its a hard slog, but digging the rubble out is in my opinion, your best way forward.In my other post you started ( how to make a raised bed) you can see I persevered with the digging and...
    Hi Mark, looks like we had the same builders !I know its a hard slog, but digging the rubble out is in my opinion, your best way forward.In my other post you started ( how to make a raised...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. David in Derby

I am making a light box and need some advice

I meant to add that the lights need to be on a time switch, to simulate nighttime.
    I meant to add that the lights need to be on a time switch, to simulate nighttime.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Nik
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rachelg

leggy seedlings

Hmm it's hard not to end up with leggy seedlings at this time of year because of the light, I think they may recover though when the light improves, mine have gone a bit that way too, I think they...
    Hmm it's hard not to end up with leggy seedlings at this time of year because of the light, I think they may recover though when the light improves, mine have gone a bit that way too, I think they should thicken out in time unless they are really bad. My sweet peas have gone that way, but I...
    Hmm it's hard not to end up with leggy seedlings at this time of year because of the light, I think they may recover though when the light improves, mine have gone a bit that way too, I think they should thicken out in time unless they are really...
    Hmm it's hard not to end up with leggy seedlings at this time of year because of the light, I think they may recover though when the light improves, mine have gone a bit that way too, I think they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Tiarella

Can I ask a shrub question?

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I think I'll cut back the hypericum and the weigela and leave the others until after flowering.Much appreciated.
    Thanks for the advice, everyone. I think I'll cut back the hypericum and the weigela and leave the others until after flowering.Much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lazy-gardener

improving drainage info please!

I wonder whether this site could be of any help...http://www.doityourself.com/scat/guttersanddrainage
    I wonder whether this site could be of any help...http://www.doityourself.com/scat/guttersanddrainage
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Waco

Root Trainers V. Toilet rolls

I just stood mine on end in a seed tray and filled them with damp compost, then stuck my pinky in as a dibber and popped the seed in! And I put mine in intact and they did very well for me.You...
    I just stood mine on end in a seed tray and filled them with damp compost, then stuck my pinky in as a dibber and popped the seed in! And I put mine in intact and they did very well for me.You can also get root trainers from here although most garden centres have them as well. I use them and...
    I just stood mine on end in a seed tray and filled them with damp compost, then stuck my pinky in as a dibber and popped the seed in! And I put mine in intact and they did very well for me.You can also get root trainers from here although...
    I just stood mine on end in a seed tray and filled them with damp compost, then stuck my pinky in as a dibber and popped the seed in! And I put mine in intact and they did very well for me.You...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. PeterS

Spring bulbs for a border

Cannot edit the above, but it should be Brimeura amethystina. Sorry!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. arwyn

fuchsias

Hi arwing, here is some advice about fuchsias...(you will need to zoom in though, as the prints is quite small)http://www.lillymiller.com/fuchsia_tips.html
    Hi arwing, here is some advice about fuchsias...(you will need to zoom in though, as the prints is quite small)http://www.lillymiller.com/fuchsia_tips.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. petal

Wyevale's Cold Frame

On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took my husband (adept at flat pack assembly having just put together an Ikea office for our daughter) 2...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took my husband (adept at flat pack assembly having...
    On Monday I bought a flat pack cold frame/propagator from Wyevales on offer at �£14.99. It's an aluminium frame with lightweight polycarb glazed panels and holds six seed trays. However it took...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. dizzzylizzzy

how much is too much water

I will have a look tomorrow and see if it is possible to get a photo. I did panic when I saw them. As I said they are tiny. I'm keeping the tray away from everything else thats for sure.
    I will have a look tomorrow and see if it is possible to get a photo. I did panic when I saw them. As I said they are tiny. I'm keeping the tray away from everything else thats for sure.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. AndyG

Filling in a Hole in the border

Ordinary soil, good compost. make sure the bottom is well forked over, so that water drains, it could be compacted.
    Ordinary soil, good compost. make sure the bottom is well forked over, so that water drains, it could be compacted.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice