1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: Primrose ' lawn' NigelJ, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:20 PM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Compost roller and lawn leveler / lute Zola, Apr 26, 2024 at 1:45 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Goldenlily26, Apr 26, 2024 at 11:32 AM
Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Tangsoodo

West wall ideas please

With clematis, it's a case of picking the right type, and it might be a bit dry for the larger flowered ones, but the early ones would be fine. Roses might find it a bit dry too, but it would...
    With clematis, it's a case of picking the right type, and it might be a bit dry for the larger flowered ones, but the early ones would be fine. Roses might find it a bit dry too, but it would depend on the condition of the soil and the care you give them. It's the initial prep and watering/food...
    With clematis, it's a case of picking the right type, and it might be a bit dry for the larger flowered ones, but the early ones would be fine. Roses might find it a bit dry too, but it would depend on the condition of the soil and the care you...
    With clematis, it's a case of picking the right type, and it might be a bit dry for the larger flowered ones, but the early ones would be fine. Roses might find it a bit dry too, but it would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Engelbert

Well rotted manure... Weeds started to grow on it... Should I use it?

We keep cows and have plenty of manure. We find it never gets hot enough to kill all the weed seeds even if we keep turning it. If we leave it then weeds grow - mostly grass and nettles and often...
    We keep cows and have plenty of manure. We find it never gets hot enough to kill all the weed seeds even if we keep turning it. If we leave it then weeds grow - mostly grass and nettles and often wheat and barley as well from the straw. We use it anyway because that's what we've got and our soil...
    We keep cows and have plenty of manure. We find it never gets hot enough to kill all the weed seeds even if we keep turning it. If we leave it then weeds grow - mostly grass and nettles and often wheat and barley as well from the straw. We use it...
    We keep cows and have plenty of manure. We find it never gets hot enough to kill all the weed seeds even if we keep turning it. If we leave it then weeds grow - mostly grass and nettles and often...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun
    Agree x 3

Well done Liverpool and Spurs

Yes first time any country has taken all four places, can't be bad:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. frogesque

Welcome Stranger!

hi Kedi-Gato, how are you.my pond was frozen 4 days. fish are ok. Heron sits on our fence but flys off when it sees the plastic heron by the pond. I think he was a bit puzzled. I must look at the...
    hi Kedi-Gato, how are you.my pond was frozen 4 days. fish are ok. Heron sits on our fence but flys off when it sees the plastic heron by the pond. I think he was a bit puzzled. I must look at the seeds(stones) you gave me and see how they are getting on.
    hi Kedi-Gato, how are you.my pond was frozen 4 days. fish are ok. Heron sits on our fence but flys off when it sees the plastic heron by the pond. I think he was a bit puzzled. I must look at the seeds(stones) you gave me and see how they are...
    hi Kedi-Gato, how are you.my pond was frozen 4 days. fish are ok. Heron sits on our fence but flys off when it sees the plastic heron by the pond. I think he was a bit puzzled. I must look at the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bunslip

weight lifting bulbs

It's amazing how quickly grass can knit itself back up - but if we get very dry weather, keep watering it, so it doesn't dry up while it's sorting itself out, and getting roots re-established. ...
    It's amazing how quickly grass can knit itself back up - but if we get very dry weather, keep watering it, so it doesn't dry up while it's sorting itself out, and getting roots re-established. It's more of a prob if you've had to roll it back, and I doubt if you'll get a prob.
    It's amazing how quickly grass can knit itself back up - but if we get very dry weather, keep watering it, so it doesn't dry up while it's sorting itself out, and getting roots re-established. It's more of a prob if you've had to roll it back,...
    It's amazing how quickly grass can knit itself back up - but if we get very dry weather, keep watering it, so it doesn't dry up while it's sorting itself out, and getting roots re-established. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. stuart wilson

weeds in newly planted hedge row

Most trees surgeons will sell you woodchips. Ideally they'd drive along the 5km and drop a pile every few metres. They're unlikely to have enough immediately, of course, but you can book them to...
    Most trees surgeons will sell you woodchips. Ideally they'd drive along the 5km and drop a pile every few metres. They're unlikely to have enough immediately, of course, but you can book them to drop off whatever they get over the course of the year.
    Most trees surgeons will sell you woodchips. Ideally they'd drive along the 5km and drop a pile every few metres. They're unlikely to have enough immediately, of course, but you can book them to drop off whatever they get over the course of the year.
    Most trees surgeons will sell you woodchips. Ideally they'd drive along the 5km and drop a pile every few metres. They're unlikely to have enough immediately, of course, but you can book them to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Eden1

Weeding around Campanula Catharina

I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't...
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't want to pull these out of they are new growth.
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't want to pull these out of they are new growth.
    I was doing some weeding today and have noticed these light green plants growing around my Campanula Catharina. I'm pretty sure its a weed but I've been told Campanula will spread and I don't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Simon Peake

Weed.?

Yes, I do get both but the white are few and far between. A bit like Honesty, I love the white one but always get far more of the purple
    Yes, I do get both but the white are few and far between. A bit like Honesty, I love the white one but always get far more of the purple
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mowerman

Weed Killers You Use and Recommend

I pity the poor soul who gets me to eat :) Old tough meat but I might be okay for a nice bit of crackling! And whoever is reading this the wrong way, go scrub your minds clean! :heehee:
    I pity the poor soul who gets me to eat :) Old tough meat but I might be okay for a nice bit of crackling! And whoever is reading this the wrong way, go scrub your minds clean! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Brian_Murphy

Weed killer,

Ah, good to go then! Good luck. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Dave0w

weed killer

It should only take about five or ten minutes every few weeks or so to pull out the surface weeds from that size area. :blue thumb: :noidea:
    It should only take about five or ten minutes every few weeks or so to pull out the surface weeds from that size area. :blue thumb: :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. duckyjuk

weed cover

I think one of the ideas of continuous hoeing, well frequent hoeing anyway, is that apart from killing the weeds you cut through it gradually exhausts the store of weed seed in the surface layers.
    I think one of the ideas of continuous hoeing, well frequent hoeing anyway, is that apart from killing the weeds you cut through it gradually exhausts the store of weed seed in the surface layers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mark B

Weed Control

Thanks a lot guys for the info.I have ordered the greenhouse and they will erect it as well.
    Thanks a lot guys for the info.I have ordered the greenhouse and they will erect it as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. CharlieBot
    Like x 6

Wedding Flower Diary

Hi @CharlieBot, blinking slugs do like to eat delphiniums, how about trying some copper tape or broken egg shells around the bottom of the plants? I find with my delphiniums once they reach a...
    Hi @CharlieBot, blinking slugs do like to eat delphiniums, how about trying some copper tape or broken egg shells around the bottom of the plants? I find with my delphiniums once they reach a reasonable size the slugs seem to leave them alone, good luck
    Hi @CharlieBot, blinking slugs do like to eat delphiniums, how about trying some copper tape or broken egg shells around the bottom of the plants? I find with my delphiniums once they reach a reasonable size the slugs seem to leave them alone,...
    Hi @CharlieBot, blinking slugs do like to eat delphiniums, how about trying some copper tape or broken egg shells around the bottom of the plants? I find with my delphiniums once they reach a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. oldwinegum

weather forcast????

OWG, I'm with you on the planting early front.I figured with Runners and French beans I have nothing to lose vs. the cost of seed ( free !) by planting early.In typical April Fool fashion,...
    OWG, I'm with you on the planting early front.I figured with Runners and French beans I have nothing to lose vs. the cost of seed ( free !) by planting early.In typical April Fool fashion, I'm planting them out today.Last year we only had 2 frosts here, and so far this year, the...
    OWG, I'm with you on the planting early front.I figured with Runners and French beans I have nothing to lose vs. the cost of seed ( free !) by planting early.In typical April Fool fashion, I'm planting them out today.Last year we only had...
    OWG, I'm with you on the planting early front.I figured with Runners and French beans I have nothing to lose vs. the cost of seed ( free !) by planting early.In typical April Fool fashion,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ennnceee

Weak Cosmos stem

No, neither. I have some in pots, only in one pot are they doing this. Well watered, plenty of sun. It's odd.
    No, neither. I have some in pots, only in one pot are they doing this. Well watered, plenty of sun. It's odd.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Param

Waterlogged garden

Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple of days on the lawn. It looks like since than it has made things very bad. If you need some pictures...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple of days on the lawn. It looks like since than it...
    Hi fellow garden gurus We have waterlogged garden and was wondering what can I do to remedy it? We had our conservatory roof installed so the roofers were walking on the garden for couple...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gemma

Waterlogged Garden

I agree with Spruce, there is nothing you can do unless you dig it up. Drainage channels are a good idea and digging sand or gravel into the soil will help with drainage too.
    I agree with Spruce, there is nothing you can do unless you dig it up. Drainage channels are a good idea and digging sand or gravel into the soil will help with drainage too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. macandal

Watering during a drought

Thanks for the information macandal. :) Surprisingly your typical summer temperatures are at least 10 degrees lower than I would have thought in your area, but we learn something new every day.I...
    Thanks for the information macandal. :) Surprisingly your typical summer temperatures are at least 10 degrees lower than I would have thought in your area, but we learn something new every day.I would say you can get away without watering the roses, apples and lemons for two to three weeks or...
    Thanks for the information macandal. :) Surprisingly your typical summer temperatures are at least 10 degrees lower than I would have thought in your area, but we learn something new every day.I would say you can get away without watering the...
    Thanks for the information macandal. :) Surprisingly your typical summer temperatures are at least 10 degrees lower than I would have thought in your area, but we learn something new every day.I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. pete

Watering cans

Gardman usually make pretty good stuff. I have had a Gardman 7.5 litre watering can for over 10 years now.
    Gardman usually make pretty good stuff. I have had a Gardman 7.5 litre watering can for over 10 years now.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice