1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Discussions

1. General Gardening Discussion

Discussions:
    Latest: What's looking good APRIL 2024 Plantminded, Apr 26, 2024 at 9:59 AM
  2. Gardening For People With Disabilities

Discussions:
    Latest: Arthritis and garden tools pete, Jan 10, 2024
  3. Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling

All Discussions Regarding Compost (ing), Fertilisers, soil conditioning, Recycling & Rain Water Harvesting can be found here.
    Discussions:
    Latest: Which soil improver? fairygirl, Apr 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM
  4. Pests, Diseases and Cures

Discussions:
  5. Garden Projects and DIY

What Projects Do You Have Going? Are you making something yourself ?Let us see what you've got going on.
    Discussions:
    Latest: My Little Haven Part 2 flounder, Apr 4, 2024
  6. Tools And Equipment

Any Tools Or Equipment That Can Be Used, Can Be Discussed/Rated Here
    Discussions:
    Latest: Best tool for trimming edges of lawn amancalledgeorge, Apr 22, 2024 at 12:27 PM
  7. Propagation This Month

What Should You Be Starting To Sow/Grow/Graft This Month
    Discussions:
    Latest: Cuttings that root in water flounder, Mar 31, 2024
  8. What To Do This Month

Wondering What You Can Do This Month ? Have a Look In & Add What You're Doing
    Discussions:
  9. Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep
    Discussions:
    Latest: Oh Dear! Dovefromabove, Apr 26, 2024 at 10:08 AM
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. SuzFlowers

Would you mind neighbour growing rose on your garage wall?

Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.
    Indeed. That’s modern planning for you. I think they knocked it up on the back of an envelope on a Friday afternoon. But I count my blessings and am just very happy to have my own garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Clydesdalestu
    Like x 5

Softening 'concrete' flagstones in a victorian coutryard garden

Hi, does that whole ‘use yoghurt to promote lichen / Moss / ageing’ thing actually work?
    Hi, does that whole ‘use yoghurt to promote lichen / Moss / ageing’ thing actually work?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun

Oh eck Brian

The old Service saying still applies........baffles brains, Verdun:dunno::whistle::heehee:
    The old Service saying still applies........baffles brains, Verdun:dunno::whistle::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Linz
    Like x 6

Village flower and veg show.

I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big box.. I got tubes and I have a box..also got enviromesh..:fingers crossed:I got some ailsa Craig onion seeds too.. was...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big box.. I got tubes and I have a box..also got...
    I read through that link you gave me the other day, that blokes gutters and tower on the side of the house was immense! Going down allotment diary blokes route of doing them in tubes in a big...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lazy-gardener

ceanothus skylark- help please

well i took the advice and snuggled it up in a bit of fleece. I havent planted it yet as the gardens a bit on the waterlogged side so put it somewhere that hopefully it will be a bit sheltered!
    well i took the advice and snuggled it up in a bit of fleece. I havent planted it yet as the gardens a bit on the waterlogged side so put it somewhere that hopefully it will be a bit sheltered!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Verdun
    Like x 3

What's on your wish list or what's new in your garden?

:comfort::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Octopus Prime

slugs/snails and rust

Had to giggle at this! Especially how you felt cruel but you tossed it over the hedge! Looking forward to the results of the research :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had to giggle at this! Especially how you felt cruel but you tossed it over the hedge! Looking forward to the results of the research :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. rosietutu
    Like x 4

Seed Catalogues

Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An entire catalogue packed full of shiny new things I can buy. Hundreds of them! If only I had more...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An entire catalogue packed full of shiny new things I...
    Chiltern Seeds wins on the cover stakes IMO, but then loses with lack of pictures inside.I ordered two new Clematis from Thorncroft Clematis. I thought I'd seen everything online but NO! An...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. HarryS

Brookside Nursery Free Post !

Mine arrived today in very good order:
    xDSCN1156.JPG 20140402-P4020098.jpg 20140402-P4020100.jpg DSCN1039_cr.jpg 20150408-P4080051.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mervyn Wilmington

Cleaning/painting plastic garden furniture

just so happen to have them in my download file. the only way to upload a pic on this forum.
    just so happen to have them in my download file. the only way to upload a pic on this forum.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ryan4661

Correct application for weed killer

With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to add an additive to insure it works best. The label will also explain how long the residue effect...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to add an additive to insure it works best. The label...
    With roundup pro as it’s meant for use by a trained individual or supervised you need to understand the makeup and the mixtures to suit the plant targeted. If you have hard water you may need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lifeflower

Is gardening an art form?

This is my personal favourite answer. It says it all!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ChloroPhil

Daffodils cut too early?

Thanks. How long would you feed the tomato feed for?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Loki

Cobaea scandens, what am I doing wrong?

Plant them all out when these cold nights have gone. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. r2oo

When to prune Verbina Rigida

If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a summerhouse. The roots are somewhat thick and tuberous and rather brittle. They do say you can treat them...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a summerhouse. The roots are somewhat thick and tuberous and...
    If you are going to leave them outside, I would leave the top growth on as Dendro said, to give them a bit more protection over the winter. I dug mine up, and they are overwintering in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. K78

Fast growing, shade loving, evergreen plants

Love those dogwoods K78. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dips

Will cutting the stamen out of lillies harm them?

It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you...
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you accidentally brush past them.
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you accidentally brush past them.
    It won't harm them Dips.For Lilies for display that we bring into the house we always snip off the anthers (the end bit of the stamen that produces the pollen) because it stains clothing if you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Alex&Nico

peony red leaves

Thanks for your reply, Palustris. Effectively, its leaves are turning green again this morning! :-) See picture below. Regards.
    Thanks for your reply, Palustris. Effectively, its leaves are turning green again this morning! :-) See picture below. Regards.
    20140516_135157.jpg 20140601_085049.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Spruce

Issai Hardy Kiwi Plant

That is fantastic, On the Levels.But, 15+ years does seem to be an excessively long time to wait for fruit. Maybe I will try to speed up the process by grafting it next year.
    That is fantastic, On the Levels.But, 15+ years does seem to be an excessively long time to wait for fruit. Maybe I will try to speed up the process by grafting it next year.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice