1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Loofah

Disinfection of soil

I would love to be able to say my middle greenhouse, @JWK , maybe one day in my wished for walled garden …Just tomatoes and cucumbers, occasionally aubergines but find the latter very...
    I would love to be able to say my middle greenhouse, @JWK , maybe one day in my wished for walled garden …Just tomatoes and cucumbers, occasionally aubergines but find the latter very fickle.Our crops did tail off after 3 years or so, that’s when I started adding composted manure. The last 3...
    I would love to be able to say my middle greenhouse, @JWK , maybe one day in my wished for walled garden …Just tomatoes and cucumbers, occasionally aubergines but find the latter very fickle.Our crops did tail off after 3 years or so, that’s...
    I would love to be able to say my middle greenhouse, @JWK , maybe one day in my wished for walled garden …Just tomatoes and cucumbers, occasionally aubergines but find the latter very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. burnie

Rhino charging my way

Overnight temperatures seem to be keeping above zero, so the larger bloweaway has been built with both the clear plastic cover and the fleece one on just in case. Sowed some Onward Peas in cells...
    Overnight temperatures seem to be keeping above zero, so the larger bloweaway has been built with both the clear plastic cover and the fleece one on just in case. Sowed some Onward Peas in cells and some Bunyards Exhibition Broad Beans also in cells, these are un heated propagators inside the...
    Overnight temperatures seem to be keeping above zero, so the larger bloweaway has been built with both the clear plastic cover and the fleece one on just in case. Sowed some Onward Peas in cells and some Bunyards Exhibition Broad Beans also in...
    Overnight temperatures seem to be keeping above zero, so the larger bloweaway has been built with both the clear plastic cover and the fleece one on just in case. Sowed some Onward Peas in cells...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ricky101
    Informative x 3

Tropf Blumat Ceramic Watering Probe

As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the little valve to allow the fresh water to flow. This has happened just once for both pots in the last...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the little valve to allow the fresh water to flow. This...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the...
    001923.jpg 001892.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ricky101

Removing heat from Seedlings ?

Just checking the Semps and lots are already coming through in just 9 days ! Wonder why they say 1 -2 months on the packet or did we just get lucky with some fresh seeds ?
    Just checking the Semps and lots are already coming through in just 9 days ! Wonder why they say 1 -2 months on the packet or did we just get lucky with some fresh seeds ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. KeiithC

Farmyard Manure and top soil mixture proportions for greenhouse rasied beds?

I very much doubt it, otherwise no synthetic fertiliser could be used. On Levingtons packaging, I think it just says, organic, no peat. There is only a very small percentage of cattle reared on...
    I very much doubt it, otherwise no synthetic fertiliser could be used. On Levingtons packaging, I think it just says, organic, no peat. There is only a very small percentage of cattle reared on organic farms anyways. So if it is available, the manure will probably be more expensive.
    I very much doubt it, otherwise no synthetic fertiliser could be used. On Levingtons packaging, I think it just says, organic, no peat. There is only a very small percentage of cattle reared on organic farms anyways. So if it is available, the...
    I very much doubt it, otherwise no synthetic fertiliser could be used. On Levingtons packaging, I think it just says, organic, no peat. There is only a very small percentage of cattle reared on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ricky101

Greenhouse Door Lock ?

Kids from other gardens, though they would have to jump a fence, easy enough for them.Parental guidance, these days ?? !! wishful thinking. Even when some broke the glass in full view of...
    Kids from other gardens, though they would have to jump a fence, easy enough for them.Parental guidance, these days ?? !! wishful thinking. Even when some broke the glass in full view of their parents they never offered to pay.The door is only open 6 to 8 " at most so hopefully too...
    Kids from other gardens, though they would have to jump a fence, easy enough for them.Parental guidance, these days ?? !! wishful thinking. Even when some broke the glass in full view of their parents they never offered to pay.The door...
    Kids from other gardens, though they would have to jump a fence, easy enough for them.Parental guidance, these days ?? !! wishful thinking. Even when some broke the glass in full view of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. PhilC

How to secure bubble wrap to greenhouse?

bolt some timbers on to the glazing bars then use drawing pins or a staple gun
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Allex

New 6' x 4' advice for the winter.

Yes it makes a huge difference where you are growing, I bet you don't get Polar Bears walking all over your garden either............................:biggrin:
    Yes it makes a huge difference where you are growing, I bet you don't get Polar Bears walking all over your garden either............................:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ricky101

Insulator ?

Its only a short term cover so expensive twinwall not an option, though we do use it for the greenhouse glazing, use a local company much cheaper that the diy stores, and they cut it to size with...
    Its only a short term cover so expensive twinwall not an option, though we do use it for the greenhouse glazing, use a local company much cheaper that the diy stores, and they cut it to size with a laser or similar, so no swarf inside. 10mm Clear Sunlite™ Polycarbonate Twinwall Cut To Size
    Its only a short term cover so expensive twinwall not an option, though we do use it for the greenhouse glazing, use a local company much cheaper that the diy stores, and they cut it to size with a laser or similar, so no swarf inside. 10mm...
    Its only a short term cover so expensive twinwall not an option, though we do use it for the greenhouse glazing, use a local company much cheaper that the diy stores, and they cut it to size with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bashy

Ants in greenhouse

I've used this, but it takes a week or two to work, you just place it where you see the most activity, and leave it, just check the ants are eating it after a few days. Deadfast Ant Plus Bait...
    I've used this, but it takes a week or two to work, you just place it where you see the most activity, and leave it, just check the ants are eating it after a few days. Deadfast Ant Plus Bait Station - 3 x 4g | Wickes.co.uk
    I've used this, but it takes a week or two to work, you just place it where you see the most activity, and leave it, just check the ants are eating it after a few days. Deadfast Ant Plus Bait Station - 3 x 4g | Wickes.co.uk
    I've used this, but it takes a week or two to work, you just place it where you see the most activity, and leave it, just check the ants are eating it after a few days. Deadfast Ant Plus Bait...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Spotty Muldoon

Tomato plant leaf problem

Thanks to you all. That's a relief.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Spotty Muldoon

New greenhouse leaking

We used to use the low modulus neutral cure silicon for glazing, I agree its softer than the usual type you see. It actually sticks to polycarbonate as well.
    We used to use the low modulus neutral cure silicon for glazing, I agree its softer than the usual type you see. It actually sticks to polycarbonate as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Andy52

Greehouse window sealer

why not a clear silicone tube. kind you use for showers /bathrooms etc.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kris35

New adventures to start

Start small with an allotment, if you can even get one! Do not accept the one that nobody has tended in living memory, which many allotments keep to put off the timid! Once onsite, you will get...
    Start small with an allotment, if you can even get one! Do not accept the one that nobody has tended in living memory, which many allotments keep to put off the timid! Once onsite, you will get more free advice than you can handle; just take the average and you will be fine. Grow what you will...
    Start small with an allotment, if you can even get one! Do not accept the one that nobody has tended in living memory, which many allotments keep to put off the timid! Once onsite, you will get more free advice than you can handle; just take the...
    Start small with an allotment, if you can even get one! Do not accept the one that nobody has tended in living memory, which many allotments keep to put off the timid! Once onsite, you will get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. James Benstead6

hardening off in greehouse

I've moved all my germinated seedlings out permanently into our unheated greenhouse now. Most nights they are returned to the bubble wrapped enclosure side of the greenhouse and in addition to...
    I've moved all my germinated seedlings out permanently into our unheated greenhouse now. Most nights they are returned to the bubble wrapped enclosure side of the greenhouse and in addition to this ( and depending on the temperatures) I add another covering of fleece or/ and very lightweight...
    I've moved all my germinated seedlings out permanently into our unheated greenhouse now. Most nights they are returned to the bubble wrapped enclosure side of the greenhouse and in addition to this ( and depending on the temperatures) I add...
    I've moved all my germinated seedlings out permanently into our unheated greenhouse now. Most nights they are returned to the bubble wrapped enclosure side of the greenhouse and in addition to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Maggiemay19

Greenhouse cat burglars!

I'm glad someone said it because I just snorted cornflakes out of my nose when I read that! Thanks @NigelJ for brightening my morning!
    I'm glad someone said it because I just snorted cornflakes out of my nose when I read that! Thanks @NigelJ for brightening my morning!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ricky101
    Like x 5

Greenhouse Bench Tips

I was thinking of small terracotta pots, it's the same thing though ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ricky101

Floodlight as Growlight ?

Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to...
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to cover a 4 or 6ft bench. As you say anything better than nothing.
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to cover a 4 or 6ft bench. As you say anything better...
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sargan

Tomatoes for next year

Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. roders

Out with the old and in with the new….Greenhouse.

Ok, heat treated, sounds interesting.I didn't think that was you.:biggrin: but you knew that.Yes looks very expensive, but nice.Can I have the old one.:biggrin:
    Ok, heat treated, sounds interesting.I didn't think that was you.:biggrin: but you knew that.Yes looks very expensive, but nice.Can I have the old one.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice