1. Forum News
    A NEW PHOTO COMP WILL BE STARTING THIS MONTH more information in Photo Competitions Photo Competitions Are Changing!
    Please Support The Road Verge Campaign!
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mazambo

Bubble wrap

@ricky101 yes, the pretty, clear glass or polycarbonate clear have their draw backs. The glass can break whereas the clear poly won't and I know this because whilst climbing along a rail above the...
    @ricky101 yes, the pretty, clear glass or polycarbonate clear have their draw backs. The glass can break whereas the clear poly won't and I know this because whilst climbing along a rail above the peak I lost my balance and stuck my bottom into one of the panes and it just bent and popped back...
    @ricky101 yes, the pretty, clear glass or polycarbonate clear have their draw backs. The glass can break whereas the clear poly won't and I know this because whilst climbing along a rail above the peak I lost my balance and stuck my bottom into...
    @ricky101 yes, the pretty, clear glass or polycarbonate clear have their draw backs. The glass can break whereas the clear poly won't and I know this because whilst climbing along a rail above the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Fitzy

Purchasing a Greenhouse

Thank you NigelJ for the Greenhouses Direct - I will check that out.Time to downsize now - I began with an 8 x 6 some 50 years ago - progressed to a 50 x 20 and have been reducing over...
    Thank you NigelJ for the Greenhouses Direct - I will check that out.Time to downsize now - I began with an 8 x 6 some 50 years ago - progressed to a 50 x 20 and have been reducing over time.Unfortunate but a 10 x 8 is all I can fit in now.Thanks again.
    Thank you NigelJ for the Greenhouses Direct - I will check that out.Time to downsize now - I began with an 8 x 6 some 50 years ago - progressed to a 50 x 20 and have been reducing over time.Unfortunate but a 10 x 8 is all I can fit in...
    Thank you NigelJ for the Greenhouses Direct - I will check that out.Time to downsize now - I began with an 8 x 6 some 50 years ago - progressed to a 50 x 20 and have been reducing over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jane0o0

Greenhouse Tomatoes

Plenty of fruits setting here, they're just slow to ripen this year. It's a common complaint around here this year, indoors or outdoors. We've put it down to a lack of good sunshine and a lot of...
    Plenty of fruits setting here, they're just slow to ripen this year. It's a common complaint around here this year, indoors or outdoors. We've put it down to a lack of good sunshine and a lot of cold nights until very recently. All that said I'm just about to enter a period of plenty at...
    Plenty of fruits setting here, they're just slow to ripen this year. It's a common complaint around here this year, indoors or outdoors. We've put it down to a lack of good sunshine and a lot of cold nights until very recently. All that said I'm...
    Plenty of fruits setting here, they're just slow to ripen this year. It's a common complaint around here this year, indoors or outdoors. We've put it down to a lack of good sunshine and a lot of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. thriftybri

tomatoes watering

thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. jane0o0

Tomato plants and Spiders

Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. LoveSunshine

Growing watermelons in the uk? Other ideas?

Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also managed to germinate some from a honey dew melon from asda..ended up, one had mildew, the other 2 just...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also managed to germinate some from a honey dew melon from...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also...
    554A4F52-C1A8-4432-9D24-0A5479C52497.jpeg 20170918_085335.jpg 20170713_154826.jpg 20170812_141244.jpg 20170812_141324.jpg 20190624_231015.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mazambo

Heated seed beds?

Thanks @ricky101
    Thanks @ricky101
    Thanks @ricky101
    Thanks @ricky101
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. thriftybri

cucumber plants dying

Thanks guys for your answers
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Pushkin

Shelf on back of greenhouse (outside)

On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame,...
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame, bolt to the frame then a hole in the front of the bracket and you could use standard greenhouse brackets.
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame, bolt to the frame then a hole in the front of the...
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame,...
    001692.jpg 001693.jpg 20190602_172811.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jane0o0

Tomato growing tip

Harvested first tomatoes today 15th May two sungold and two gardeners delight regards Sandy
    Harvested first tomatoes today 15th May two sungold and two gardeners delight regards Sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Paul Blackburn

Growing Tomato and Chillies

I'm no expert Paul but I would think early May. Just keep re potting the Tomatoes deeper in the next size pot.
    I'm no expert Paul but I would think early May. Just keep re potting the Tomatoes deeper in the next size pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Paul Blackburn

Greenhouse Heater

I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell...
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell gas previously but is now flogas.
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell gas previously but is now flogas.
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. justsomeguy

Eltex greenhouse heater

I have been reading through this thread, bit of an oldie one. I used the latger Eltex, twin tanks etc plus a water tray above the flues. In fact it was only last year I dumped the heater. A few...
    I have been reading through this thread, bit of an oldie one. I used the latger Eltex, twin tanks etc plus a water tray above the flues. In fact it was only last year I dumped the heater. A few points to observe when using paraffin or any portable heater. Make sure it's standing firm and...
    I have been reading through this thread, bit of an oldie one. I used the latger Eltex, twin tanks etc plus a water tray above the flues. In fact it was only last year I dumped the heater. A few points to observe when using paraffin or any...
    I have been reading through this thread, bit of an oldie one. I used the latger Eltex, twin tanks etc plus a water tray above the flues. In fact it was only last year I dumped the heater. A few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jane0o0

Courgettes

We all do it , every year, never learn... !! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Grum Tum

Sealant/Putty on a Polycarbonate/Aluminium framed Greenhouse?

You're probably right about the differences in products here and there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mazambo

Greenhouse window?

Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is...
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is there any other way to slide it back in without unscrewing it?
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is there any other way to slide it back in without...
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Snorky85

Grow lights in greenhouse

You are right Lori - I've got a timer plug that I can set up. I actually put them on today 10-1 during the day as it is sooo grey and dull here.
    You are right Lori - I've got a timer plug that I can set up. I actually put them on today 10-1 during the day as it is sooo grey and dull here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Carllennon

Replacement Panels

Give these a try in the new year. MK City Glass Milton Keynes Glaziers
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. CarolineL

New greenhouse - some help please

Why not have it ALL glass or glass substitute?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mazambo

Show Model Greenhouses 50% off.

I bought my Green House from them, mazambo, and visited them on the small industrial site where they are. I found them to be really friendly and helpful and when building the Green House, with a...
    I bought my Green House from them, mazambo, and visited them on the small industrial site where they are. I found them to be really friendly and helpful and when building the Green House, with a friend of mine, I managed to break the last side pane of safety glass which crumbled into sugar like...
    I bought my Green House from them, mazambo, and visited them on the small industrial site where they are. I found them to be really friendly and helpful and when building the Green House, with a friend of mine, I managed to break the last side...
    I bought my Green House from them, mazambo, and visited them on the small industrial site where they are. I found them to be really friendly and helpful and when building the Green House, with a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice