1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Irmemac
    Like x 8

So Excited.... First Ever Greenhouse!

Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries and germinating seeds for containers and hanging baskets. I'm not going to be able to commit to...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries and germinating seeds for containers and hanging...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Spacemunkey
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mazambo

Led grow lights recommendations.

I've only got a few rooted cuttings and some bits and pieces at the moment Lori, just trying it out. Things are growing but only slowly, maybe I need to up it a bit on the 12 hr day, I've got the...
    I've only got a few rooted cuttings and some bits and pieces at the moment Lori, just trying it out. Things are growing but only slowly, maybe I need to up it a bit on the 12 hr day, I've got the temperature set at 20c. I'll be sowing some seed soon so that might be a better trial.
    I've only got a few rooted cuttings and some bits and pieces at the moment Lori, just trying it out. Things are growing but only slowly, maybe I need to up it a bit on the 12 hr day, I've got the temperature set at 20c. I'll be sowing some seed...
    I've only got a few rooted cuttings and some bits and pieces at the moment Lori, just trying it out. Things are growing but only slowly, maybe I need to up it a bit on the 12 hr day, I've got the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fat Controller

Replacement Blow-Away Cover, or a Greenhouse?

Us oldies don't like change! :old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Madahhlia

Choosing a greenhouse advice

Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base...
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base and packed the soil in with a wooden border.
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base and packed the soil in with a wooden border.
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. burnie

Rhino charging my way

Connected up one of the roof windows to the pair of auto vents as it's getting warm inside. Peas are growing in one corner for an early crop, Radish and Lettuce growing under glass to, even...
    Connected up one of the roof windows to the pair of auto vents as it's getting warm inside. Peas are growing in one corner for an early crop, Radish and Lettuce growing under glass to, even spotted flowers on the Strawberries too.
    Connected up one of the roof windows to the pair of auto vents as it's getting warm inside. Peas are growing in one corner for an early crop, Radish and Lettuce growing under glass to, even spotted flowers on the Strawberries too.
    Connected up one of the roof windows to the pair of auto vents as it's getting warm inside. Peas are growing in one corner for an early crop, Radish and Lettuce growing under glass to, even...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. luke_arnold

Green House question

Because we sailors always gravitate toward the red lights!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spacemunkey

How hot does a greenhouse get???

It didn't look anything like that picture today the fog really came down. I was surprised by how many people were ascending today there were literally hundreds!!!! I'm quite lucky I only live...
    It didn't look anything like that picture today the fog really came down. I was surprised by how many people were ascending today there were literally hundreds!!!! I'm quite lucky I only live about 30 minutes drive away
    It didn't look anything like that picture today the fog really came down. I was surprised by how many people were ascending today there were literally hundreds!!!! I'm quite lucky I only live about 30 minutes drive away
    It didn't look anything like that picture today the fog really came down. I was surprised by how many people were ascending today there were literally hundreds!!!! I'm quite lucky I only live...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Freddy

New(ish) Greenhouse

Hi folks. Just to let you know, my toms started ripening around 2 weeks ago but I don't think I'm going to get many. There are plenty of fruits but still looking very green. I'm just looking...
    Hi folks. Just to let you know, my toms started ripening around 2 weeks ago but I don't think I'm going to get many. There are plenty of fruits but still looking very green. I'm just looking forward to next year now with regard to the toms. Cheers...freddy.
    Hi folks. Just to let you know, my toms started ripening around 2 weeks ago but I don't think I'm going to get many. There are plenty of fruits but still looking very green. I'm just looking forward to next year now with regard to the toms....
    Hi folks. Just to let you know, my toms started ripening around 2 weeks ago but I don't think I'm going to get many. There are plenty of fruits but still looking very green. I'm just looking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Grumps

Tomato growing

Hi Jane, No, don't strip the plants of all their leaves.:nonofinger::snorky: If you have trusses of toms being covered by some leaves then you can take those off to left the Sun get to them.:coffee::snorky:
    Hi Jane, No, don't strip the plants of all their leaves.:nonofinger::snorky: If you have trusses of toms being covered by some leaves then you can take those off to left the Sun get to them.:coffee::snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scotkat

Greenhouse nealy full

Hi helen, no got it about six weeks ago, when we had the earth wobly we had extremly bad winds in the week after if you remember that was when my last gh lost the will to stay standing, but i was...
    Hi helen, no got it about six weeks ago, when we had the earth wobly we had extremly bad winds in the week after if you remember that was when my last gh lost the will to stay standing, but i was insured so not too bad,my last one was mounted on 4x4 about 6 years ago didnt know much about them...
    Hi helen, no got it about six weeks ago, when we had the earth wobly we had extremly bad winds in the week after if you remember that was when my last gh lost the will to stay standing, but i was insured so not too bad,my last one was mounted on...
    Hi helen, no got it about six weeks ago, when we had the earth wobly we had extremly bad winds in the week after if you remember that was when my last gh lost the will to stay standing, but i was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Blackthorn

Just what is the point of bubblewrap?

"Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned and triple skinned. The double skinned is more readily available not only in garden centres but also...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned and triple skinned. The double skinned is more...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK

Greenhouse Temperatures 100 deg!

The frame is the easy part of the job :wink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sargan

Tomato alternate growing systems

imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any deficiencies. If not why do you want to add a chemical feed that may destroy friendly bacteria and upset the...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any deficiencies. If not why do you want to add a chemical feed...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Phil A
    Like x 15

Zigs New Greenhouse

I'm with you now, tried to picture it but kept coming up with a picture of a staircase by Escher in my head. Thats usually a bad thing in my case.
    I'm with you now, tried to picture it but kept coming up with a picture of a staircase by Escher in my head. Thats usually a bad thing in my case.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Joe Bristol

New greenhouse / how to make a base

Wow Martin! And to think, I just put a few slabs down and stuck my greenhouse on top lol!
    Wow Martin! And to think, I just put a few slabs down and stuck my greenhouse on top lol!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Black Dog

Buying or building a greenhouse?

Why worry about the small stuff when Fukushima's going to poison the planet anyway ? Sad but true :ouch1:
    Why worry about the small stuff when Fukushima's going to poison the planet anyway ? Sad but true :ouch1:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nik

Cost of heating a greenhouse overwinter

Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or positioned under the staging.Overall i think you have to look at the greenhouse as a whole to get the...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or positioned under the staging.Overall i think you have...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Spacemunkey

Vine weevil larvae !!!!!!

We've watered all our plants for sale, except edibles, with Vine Weevil killer. A couple of thousand of them :rolleyespink:
    We've watered all our plants for sale, except edibles, with Vine Weevil killer. A couple of thousand of them :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sheps

Greenhouse ventilation

Will all your requirements , sounds like you need to commission a custom unit.If you search the web you will find some smaller commercial units like this one that might be adapatable, though...
    Will all your requirements , sounds like you need to commission a custom unit.If you search the web you will find some smaller commercial units like this one that might be adapatable, though doubtless expensive. Greenhouse Controller - BWI Grower Technical SalesYou might find some diyers who...
    Will all your requirements , sounds like you need to commission a custom unit.If you search the web you will find some smaller commercial units like this one that might be adapatable, though doubtless expensive. Greenhouse Controller - BWI...
    Will all your requirements , sounds like you need to commission a custom unit.If you search the web you will find some smaller commercial units like this one that might be adapatable, though...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice