1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Maggiemay19

Greenhouse cat burglars!

I'm glad someone said it because I just snorted cornflakes out of my nose when I read that! Thanks @NigelJ for brightening my morning!
    I'm glad someone said it because I just snorted cornflakes out of my nose when I read that! Thanks @NigelJ for brightening my morning!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ricky101
    Like x 5

Greenhouse Bench Tips

I was thinking of small terracotta pots, it's the same thing though ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. ricky101

Floodlight as Growlight ?

Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to...
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to cover a 4 or 6ft bench. As you say anything better than nothing.
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to cover a 4 or 6ft bench. As you say anything better...
    Thanks Lori, we do have some small white leds strips and a proper led grow light but they are more suited to small areas, just thought this 30w floodlamp with is wide beam might work more to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sargan

Tomatoes for next year

Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. roders

Out with the old and in with the new….Greenhouse.

Ok, heat treated, sounds interesting.I didn't think that was you.:biggrin: but you knew that.Yes looks very expensive, but nice.Can I have the old one.:biggrin:
    Ok, heat treated, sounds interesting.I didn't think that was you.:biggrin: but you knew that.Yes looks very expensive, but nice.Can I have the old one.:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ricky101

Greenhouse fumigation - RSMites

I dont think its banned in Britain anymore than washing up liquid is. You are not allowed to use either as a pesticide.
    I dont think its banned in Britain anymore than washing up liquid is. You are not allowed to use either as a pesticide.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ricky101
    Like x 4

Greenhouse - Winter Power Savers ?

All our heaters ,eg Greenhouse and props are on digital control and the greenhouse min has always been set at 4c which seems to readily keep most things ticking over well, some even growing...
    All our heaters ,eg Greenhouse and props are on digital control and the greenhouse min has always been set at 4c which seems to readily keep most things ticking over well, some even growing away. However think we will be taking it down to 1c or 2 c this winter. Just glad we have 10mm twinwall...
    All our heaters ,eg Greenhouse and props are on digital control and the greenhouse min has always been set at 4c which seems to readily keep most things ticking over well, some even growing away. However think we will be taking it down to 1c or 2...
    All our heaters ,eg Greenhouse and props are on digital control and the greenhouse min has always been set at 4c which seems to readily keep most things ticking over well, some even growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ricky101

Greenhouse growing - time for a change ?

I've got some stuff that would probably sort them out but I never manage to spray all my plants at one time, there are just too many and it's not a pre mix so it's not really handy as such. I...
    I've got some stuff that would probably sort them out but I never manage to spray all my plants at one time, there are just too many and it's not a pre mix so it's not really handy as such. I usually apply the meths with a small children's paint brush so as to get in all the cracks and crevices...
    I've got some stuff that would probably sort them out but I never manage to spray all my plants at one time, there are just too many and it's not a pre mix so it's not really handy as such. I usually apply the meths with a small children's paint...
    I've got some stuff that would probably sort them out but I never manage to spray all my plants at one time, there are just too many and it's not a pre mix so it's not really handy as such. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lindyco

Help with my greenhouse.

I avoid Elixir garden supplies like the plague received damaged order which they said they would replace but just messed me around until i gave up
    I avoid Elixir garden supplies like the plague received damaged order which they said they would replace but just messed me around until i gave up
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Grum Tum

Sealant/Putty on a Polycarbonate/Aluminium framed Greenhouse?

Yup, @ricky101, that is it. It is wide enough to have nearly and each going up both side and I cut it a 1/2" too long so that I could squish the two sides together to make a total seal.
    Yup, @ricky101, that is it. It is wide enough to have nearly and each going up both side and I cut it a 1/2" too long so that I could squish the two sides together to make a total seal.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. landimad

Auto vent problem

Mine were jammed this year and have been jammed in the past, so I added some lithium grease to all the moveable bits and the piston, that has done the trick. They are about 10 years old now
    Mine were jammed this year and have been jammed in the past, so I added some lithium grease to all the moveable bits and the piston, that has done the trick. They are about 10 years old now
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. landimad
    Like x 4

Overwhelmed with new babies.

Thanks, might grow that one in a hanging basket to complement my similar-looking 'Mrs Popple', which is in a pot on my patio. :blue thumb:Nick
    Thanks, might grow that one in a hanging basket to complement my similar-looking 'Mrs Popple', which is in a pot on my patio. :blue thumb:Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ricky101

Twin Walled 10mm Polycarbonate, cleaning.

Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an air compressor as it helps soften the residue.The new breather tape seem so much stronger than the...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an air compressor as it helps soften the residue.The...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an...
    IMG_20220422_142900146_HDR (2).jpg IMG_20220422_165726765_HDR (2).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Emery339

Greenhouse survey - Alevel student

For the sake of completeness, permission was granted for this subject/survey previously, so this is linked. Greenhouse focus group
    For the sake of completeness, permission was granted for this subject/survey previously, so this is linked. Greenhouse focus group
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jocko
    Funny x 6

What do you do about this in your greenhouse?

WOW!! That is scary. So glad nobody was injured or worse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Welshman
    Like x 3

Greenhouse growing has started

I used to sow beetroot in cell trays for planting out in the ground. The idea is that you put two or three seeds in each cell. You don't need to thin multiple seeds because if they have enough...
    I used to sow beetroot in cell trays for planting out in the ground. The idea is that you put two or three seeds in each cell. You don't need to thin multiple seeds because if they have enough room they just push one another away. Then you don't really thin them until some are big enough to eat.
    I used to sow beetroot in cell trays for planting out in the ground. The idea is that you put two or three seeds in each cell. You don't need to thin multiple seeds because if they have enough room they just push one another away. Then you...
    I used to sow beetroot in cell trays for planting out in the ground. The idea is that you put two or three seeds in each cell. You don't need to thin multiple seeds because if they have enough...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. stumorphmac

Heating

I'm thinking on using an Eden gas heater or similar for next winter any using one I would be interested in comments
    I'm thinking on using an Eden gas heater or similar for next winter any using one I would be interested in comments
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Skylark1

Incorrect greenhouse installation

Trouble with a lot of folk is, they put down a base or expect the house to be exact. I have and always will allow for the base and a bit to ensure there is plenty of room for my houses. 8 x 8...
    Trouble with a lot of folk is, they put down a base or expect the house to be exact. I have and always will allow for the base and a bit to ensure there is plenty of room for my houses. 8 x 8 allow for a bit more. Due to these being installed in metric, which would be 2.4m not 8 feet, I had put...
    Trouble with a lot of folk is, they put down a base or expect the house to be exact. I have and always will allow for the base and a bit to ensure there is plenty of room for my houses. 8 x 8 allow for a bit more. Due to these being installed in...
    Trouble with a lot of folk is, they put down a base or expect the house to be exact. I have and always will allow for the base and a bit to ensure there is plenty of room for my houses. 8 x 8...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ricky101

Greenhouse Staging

Not after the tidiest just putting the house together before it gets planted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Tinkerbelle61

Best position for a cold frame please?

Thanks for the replies guys, I’ll get OH on it at the weekend:)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice