1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. tweaky

Blank Canvas. Greenhouse. Advice Appreciated.

Defiantly something I shall bear in mind.To be honest, I can't remember how high it is, as I bought it early last year...think it's 8foot at the apex, so I assume it goes from 6 foot at the...
    Defiantly something I shall bear in mind.To be honest, I can't remember how high it is, as I bought it early last year...think it's 8foot at the apex, so I assume it goes from 6 foot at the sides...will check it out.:thumb:
    Defiantly something I shall bear in mind.To be honest, I can't remember how high it is, as I bought it early last year...think it's 8foot at the apex, so I assume it goes from 6 foot at the sides...will check it out.:thumb:
    Defiantly something I shall bear in mind.To be honest, I can't remember how high it is, as I bought it early last year...think it's 8foot at the apex, so I assume it goes from 6 foot at the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. IanM

Greenhouse newbie

Hello Ian and welcome to G.C,unfortunatly you are a bit late to sow a lot of things this year,but you can still get away with sowing a couple of things like pak choi on the vegetable side or on...
    Hello Ian and welcome to G.C,unfortunatly you are a bit late to sow a lot of things this year,but you can still get away with sowing a couple of things like pak choi on the vegetable side or on the flower side you have sweet wiliams or forget me nots you will JUST get away with.
    Hello Ian and welcome to G.C,unfortunatly you are a bit late to sow a lot of things this year,but you can still get away with sowing a couple of things like pak choi on the vegetable side or on the flower side you have sweet wiliams or forget me...
    Hello Ian and welcome to G.C,unfortunatly you are a bit late to sow a lot of things this year,but you can still get away with sowing a couple of things like pak choi on the vegetable side or on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Steve R

Greenhouse plans?

The idea of building a wooden greenhouse really appeals to me, having just spent the last few evenings sawing up rafters for my extension. I think I missed my vocation, I love the smell of the cut...
    The idea of building a wooden greenhouse really appeals to me, having just spent the last few evenings sawing up rafters for my extension. I think I missed my vocation, I love the smell of the cut wood, really like going to the timber yard looking at wood and get a lot of satisfaction looking at...
    The idea of building a wooden greenhouse really appeals to me, having just spent the last few evenings sawing up rafters for my extension. I think I missed my vocation, I love the smell of the cut wood, really like going to the timber yard...
    The idea of building a wooden greenhouse really appeals to me, having just spent the last few evenings sawing up rafters for my extension. I think I missed my vocation, I love the smell of the cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Nik

Appeared in the greenhouse.

I would have sworn that I posted a reply in here. It must be that preview button again.Anyway, thanks for the Papyrus ID. When I told 'Er indoors, who is the real gardener here, that peeps...
    I would have sworn that I posted a reply in here. It must be that preview button again.Anyway, thanks for the Papyrus ID. When I told 'Er indoors, who is the real gardener here, that peeps thought it was papyrus she replied"Oh good. I thought that was lost a few years ago. Never seen the...
    I would have sworn that I posted a reply in here. It must be that preview button again.Anyway, thanks for the Papyrus ID. When I told 'Er indoors, who is the real gardener here, that peeps thought it was papyrus she replied"Oh good. I thought...
    I would have sworn that I posted a reply in here. It must be that preview button again.Anyway, thanks for the Papyrus ID. When I told 'Er indoors, who is the real gardener here, that peeps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rouxbee

Glass or Polycarbonate?

Polycarbonate is the best choice of the synthetic options but some of these greenhouses look quite weak. As glass is heavy it requires a good solid frame, so glass greenhouses tend to be better...
    Polycarbonate is the best choice of the synthetic options but some of these greenhouses look quite weak. As glass is heavy it requires a good solid frame, so glass greenhouses tend to be better built. I would suggest you invest in cedar wood frame glasshouse as my wooden greenhouse has a much...
    Polycarbonate is the best choice of the synthetic options but some of these greenhouses look quite weak. As glass is heavy it requires a good solid frame, so glass greenhouses tend to be better built. I would suggest you invest in cedar wood...
    Polycarbonate is the best choice of the synthetic options but some of these greenhouses look quite weak. As glass is heavy it requires a good solid frame, so glass greenhouses tend to be better...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. aromatic

Shading and Insulating???

Bhindi, are you actually growing anything in the greenhouse, or just playing with the blind?:D:D:D
    Bhindi, are you actually growing anything in the greenhouse, or just playing with the blind?:D:D:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. shimsham

Louvre vent

Hi David. With it being warm today and possibly tomorrow i have noticed today that my tomato plants leaves are starting to curl upwards ,Is this a sign of over/under watering they have not...
    Hi David. With it being warm today and possibly tomorrow i have noticed today that my tomato plants leaves are starting to curl upwards ,Is this a sign of over/under watering they have not changed colour yet, anyone else on the forum is more than welcome to chip into this.Regards
    Hi David. With it being warm today and possibly tomorrow i have noticed today that my tomato plants leaves are starting to curl upwards ,Is this a sign of over/under watering they have not changed colour yet, anyone else on the forum is more...
    Hi David. With it being warm today and possibly tomorrow i have noticed today that my tomato plants leaves are starting to curl upwards ,Is this a sign of over/under watering they have not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Veg-and-flower-man

Ventelation in the greehouse

You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a...
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a healthier enviroment for your plants. :thumb:
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a healthier enviroment for your plants. :thumb:
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kathy535

Cape gooseberry - too bushy for a greenhouse?

They can be a bit slow early on if grown from seed in the current year. I tend to overwinter a plant, in the greenhouse. I get a lot of self sown ones every year, so I pot one up in july for the...
    They can be a bit slow early on if grown from seed in the current year. I tend to overwinter a plant, in the greenhouse. I get a lot of self sown ones every year, so I pot one up in july for the next year. They like sunshine, so if its a bit shady where your growing them, you could try...
    They can be a bit slow early on if grown from seed in the current year. I tend to overwinter a plant, in the greenhouse. I get a lot of self sown ones every year, so I pot one up in july for the next year. They like sunshine, so if its a bit...
    They can be a bit slow early on if grown from seed in the current year. I tend to overwinter a plant, in the greenhouse. I get a lot of self sown ones every year, so I pot one up in july for the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. greenhouse01

greenhouse01

Greenhouse, I think you are right, it sounds like scorch.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Silmar

confused!!! please help

HiI bought a new greenhouse last year, because I have little peeps around sometimes I went for toughened glass but I did splash out on the automatic roof windows and I am really glad I did...
    HiI bought a new greenhouse last year, because I have little peeps around sometimes I went for toughened glass but I did splash out on the automatic roof windows and I am really glad I did they are brilliant, and you don't have to keep popping out to open and close them.Happy gardening,...
    HiI bought a new greenhouse last year, because I have little peeps around sometimes I went for toughened glass but I did splash out on the automatic roof windows and I am really glad I did they are brilliant, and you don't have to keep...
    HiI bought a new greenhouse last year, because I have little peeps around sometimes I went for toughened glass but I did splash out on the automatic roof windows and I am really glad I did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kathy535

Safe to go out in the greenhouse?

Mine kathy have been growing greenhouse for a wee while by the way got two more new clients yesterday since I spoke to you will soon need my wee helper:)
    Mine kathy have been growing greenhouse for a wee while by the way got two more new clients yesterday since I spoke to you will soon need my wee helper:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kathy3

green house plants

Growing fast Kathy, I had only just sown mine two days ago but they were up this morning. Mine were Flying Saucers and Black Knight, what are yours?
    Growing fast Kathy, I had only just sown mine two days ago but they were up this morning. Mine were Flying Saucers and Black Knight, what are yours?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Larkshall

It sometimes comes to those who wait.

Went to Homebase this afternoon, saw two louvre window openers marked down to £4.99. Bought them both.
    Went to Homebase this afternoon, saw two louvre window openers marked down to £4.99. Bought them both.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Alasdair

Finally got a greenhouse

Kathy, they closed the last mill in Darvel the back end of last year and moved the loom to the last remaining mill in Newmilns. Morton,Young & Borland actually make cloth for Laura Ashley and a...
    Kathy, they closed the last mill in Darvel the back end of last year and moved the loom to the last remaining mill in Newmilns. Morton,Young & Borland actually make cloth for Laura Ashley and a few big designer names that escape me.Mary/high kype, i may take you up on that offer thanks all.
    Kathy, they closed the last mill in Darvel the back end of last year and moved the loom to the last remaining mill in Newmilns. Morton,Young & Borland actually make cloth for Laura Ashley and a few big designer names that escape me.Mary/high...
    Kathy, they closed the last mill in Darvel the back end of last year and moved the loom to the last remaining mill in Newmilns. Morton,Young & Borland actually make cloth for Laura Ashley and a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Scotkat

Greenhouse nealy full

Hi helen, no got it about six weeks ago, when we had the earth wobly we had extremly bad winds in the week after if you remember that was when my last gh lost the will to stay standing, but i was...
    Hi helen, no got it about six weeks ago, when we had the earth wobly we had extremly bad winds in the week after if you remember that was when my last gh lost the will to stay standing, but i was insured so not too bad,my last one was mounted on 4x4 about 6 years ago didnt know much about them...
    Hi helen, no got it about six weeks ago, when we had the earth wobly we had extremly bad winds in the week after if you remember that was when my last gh lost the will to stay standing, but i was insured so not too bad,my last one was mounted on...
    Hi helen, no got it about six weeks ago, when we had the earth wobly we had extremly bad winds in the week after if you remember that was when my last gh lost the will to stay standing, but i was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. shimsham

Greenhouse Gardening

Just keep them well watered and they will do fine.I notice you mention cucumbers too. I have had problems in the past with getting them started. They have a nasty habit of rotting off at the...
    Just keep them well watered and they will do fine.I notice you mention cucumbers too. I have had problems in the past with getting them started. They have a nasty habit of rotting off at the neck if you overwater them. When you plant them raise them up a bit onto a mound and dont overwater...
    Just keep them well watered and they will do fine.I notice you mention cucumbers too. I have had problems in the past with getting them started. They have a nasty habit of rotting off at the neck if you overwater them. When you plant them...
    Just keep them well watered and they will do fine.I notice you mention cucumbers too. I have had problems in the past with getting them started. They have a nasty habit of rotting off at the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Loofah

New greenhouse

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Loofah

Greenhouse glass is HOW MUCH?!

prices change from shop to shop, never mind scarborough to Woking!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. GardenGuru

greenhouse heating

We have just moved to a house with a large conservatory, 5 meters by 3.75 metres or 16 feet by 8 feet!My wife wishes to store her pot plants in here for the winter, which means a minimum...
    We have just moved to a house with a large conservatory, 5 meters by 3.75 metres or 16 feet by 8 feet!My wife wishes to store her pot plants in here for the winter, which means a minimum temperature of 8 C.Any thoughts on heating, she doesn't want bubble wrap!!
    We have just moved to a house with a large conservatory, 5 meters by 3.75 metres or 16 feet by 8 feet!My wife wishes to store her pot plants in here for the winter, which means a minimum temperature of 8 C.Any thoughts on heating, she doesn't...
    We have just moved to a house with a large conservatory, 5 meters by 3.75 metres or 16 feet by 8 feet!My wife wishes to store her pot plants in here for the winter, which means a minimum...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice