1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. robbo

new greenhouse

You could just lay some sleepers on the ground and screw it to them. But you will have to watch the height. There is nothing to stop you digging down several inches inside the sleepers to give...
    You could just lay some sleepers on the ground and screw it to them. But you will have to watch the height. There is nothing to stop you digging down several inches inside the sleepers to give you more head room. Just make sure it is not in a place where it could fill up with water.
    You could just lay some sleepers on the ground and screw it to them. But you will have to watch the height. There is nothing to stop you digging down several inches inside the sleepers to give you more head room. Just make sure it is not in a...
    You could just lay some sleepers on the ground and screw it to them. But you will have to watch the height. There is nothing to stop you digging down several inches inside the sleepers to give...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Ariadae
    Like x 4

Pot shock!

Appears as if the babies are born pregnant. I've seen this in some of my lost and found seed spuds and thought it really weird.
    Appears as if the babies are born pregnant. I've seen this in some of my lost and found seed spuds and thought it really weird.
    image.jpg image.jpg spud preg baby.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rustyroots

Greenhouse advice please.

You don't need to have a base at all and can plant directly into the soil, this would also give you the option of whether or not you use raised beds. The soil would have to be changed from time to...
    You don't need to have a base at all and can plant directly into the soil, this would also give you the option of whether or not you use raised beds. The soil would have to be changed from time to time because of lack of nutrients and possible diseases that may occur. Raised beds may give you...
    You don't need to have a base at all and can plant directly into the soil, this would also give you the option of whether or not you use raised beds. The soil would have to be changed from time to time because of lack of nutrients and possible...
    You don't need to have a base at all and can plant directly into the soil, this would also give you the option of whether or not you use raised beds. The soil would have to be changed from time to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Helofadigger

Clearing for a greenhouse.

Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way...
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way to go! ;) Helen.xxx.
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way to go! ;) Helen.xxx.
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. shimsham

Greenhouse Gardening

Just keep them well watered and they will do fine.I notice you mention cucumbers too. I have had problems in the past with getting them started. They have a nasty habit of rotting off at the...
    Just keep them well watered and they will do fine.I notice you mention cucumbers too. I have had problems in the past with getting them started. They have a nasty habit of rotting off at the neck if you overwater them. When you plant them raise them up a bit onto a mound and dont overwater...
    Just keep them well watered and they will do fine.I notice you mention cucumbers too. I have had problems in the past with getting them started. They have a nasty habit of rotting off at the neck if you overwater them. When you plant them...
    Just keep them well watered and they will do fine.I notice you mention cucumbers too. I have had problems in the past with getting them started. They have a nasty habit of rotting off at the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Mrs Bobs

Peas in the greenhouse

Hi John,Mine were planted straight into the raised beds and are doing fine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. NigelJ

New thermostat for heated tray.

Cor, @JWK you only got a Thermo 1, I've got a Thermo 2 ! (with extra cooling function, bought from same place). Great bit of kit.
    Cor, @JWK you only got a Thermo 1, I've got a Thermo 2 ! (with extra cooling function, bought from same place). Great bit of kit.
    thermo2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. David G

Scrubbing out for Spring

Maybe use some bleach first (keep it away from plants of course!) - leave it for a couple of hours then use a hose or power washer (use on low setting).
    Maybe use some bleach first (keep it away from plants of course!) - leave it for a couple of hours then use a hose or power washer (use on low setting).
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. grandchild4

Green house

I made up a set of free-standing staging from sawn timber from B&Q. That way you get it to fit your purpose.
    I made up a set of free-standing staging from sawn timber from B&Q. That way you get it to fit your purpose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. galaxysue

acylic for greenhouse

Places like B&Q sell sheets or this company,
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. shimsham

Greenhouse Shelving

If we are talking dead cheap then get to one of those instore places or wilkinsons-tenner each for a four tier.
    If we are talking dead cheap then get to one of those instore places or wilkinsons-tenner each for a four tier.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. davygfuchsia

Checking out the Greenhouses

I've quite a lot in the cold frame Dave. I don't have a greenhouse (don't want one) but I do have a large, heated conservatory. So between that, the cold frame and a great south facing wall I...
    I've quite a lot in the cold frame Dave. I don't have a greenhouse (don't want one) but I do have a large, heated conservatory. So between that, the cold frame and a great south facing wall I manage pretty well. In the cold frame I've quite a few Fuchsias, loads of pots of cuttings from plants I...
    I've quite a lot in the cold frame Dave. I don't have a greenhouse (don't want one) but I do have a large, heated conservatory. So between that, the cold frame and a great south facing wall I manage pretty well. In the cold frame I've quite a few...
    I've quite a lot in the cold frame Dave. I don't have a greenhouse (don't want one) but I do have a large, heated conservatory. So between that, the cold frame and a great south facing wall I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. VEG.

Best deal on auto openers

Auto openers are about £18 i think.Very useful and easy to fit.I also have a louvre window which I bought in B and Q. Cant recall the price but it seems quite a good one. Hope this helps
    Auto openers are about £18 i think.Very useful and easy to fit.I also have a louvre window which I bought in B and Q. Cant recall the price but it seems quite a good one. Hope this helps
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scotkat

Autumn in my greenhouse

Have not posted any photos to of inside my greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. chrispt

winter greenhouse

hi Dave. What sort of lettuce is that? Is it like Tom Thumb - hearted I mean. What about carrots?
    hi Dave. What sort of lettuce is that? Is it like Tom Thumb - hearted I mean. What about carrots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Scotkat

Containers in greenhouse

Just been planting up containers still had some spare spring bulbs that had not been planted . Extra pots of Spring cheer but am now so cold frost lifted buy by its very cold.
    Just been planting up containers still had some spare spring bulbs that had not been planted . Extra pots of Spring cheer but am now so cold frost lifted buy by its very cold.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ariadae

Greenhouse staging

I have always thought how expensive it is ... I got some Dexion (angle-iron) and some concrete reinforcing mesh (its a bit better than that as its either Aluminium and doesn't rust, or is...
    I have always thought how expensive it is ... I got some Dexion (angle-iron) and some concrete reinforcing mesh (its a bit better than that as its either Aluminium and doesn't rust, or is powder-coated), but I wouldn't want to have to put-it-up and take-it-down too often!
    I have always thought how expensive it is ... I got some Dexion (angle-iron) and some concrete reinforcing mesh (its a bit better than that as its either Aluminium and doesn't rust, or is powder-coated), but I wouldn't want to have to put-it-up...
    I have always thought how expensive it is ... I got some Dexion (angle-iron) and some concrete reinforcing mesh (its a bit better than that as its either Aluminium and doesn't rust, or is...
    IMG_6453_GreenhosueStaging.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. chrisinoxford

Greenhouse Germination - is it ok now?

As there are three copies of this thread can I direct replies here so we can keep a single main one going
    As there are three copies of this thread can I direct replies here so we can keep a single main one going
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. LindsayH

Spinach in the greenhouse.

All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded beans are hardier - good to know. Stupid question but what is yellow mustard? Like you eat with...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded beans are hardier - good to know. Stupid question...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. tattie

Average Temp For Greenhouse

These are outdoor bedding plants, so its best to keep an even cool temp and avoid fluctuations. During the day I'd aim to keep it below 20 dec C and not let it get below 10 deg at night.
    These are outdoor bedding plants, so its best to keep an even cool temp and avoid fluctuations. During the day I'd aim to keep it below 20 dec C and not let it get below 10 deg at night.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice