1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Kennyhicks

My peppers have arrived.

They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last night.If you have any space at the bottom of the tent to put a trug or some buckets filled with water so...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last night.If you have any space at the bottom of the tent...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. CanadianLori

Overnight Temperature- How low do you go?

@sandymac thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to know. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. pooky2483

Growing out of season in a large split greenhouse

Ok so no outdoor space, can't say I know too much about growing out of season under glass, except I would avoid all brassicas indoors because they are unpleasantly smelly and will attract white...
    Ok so no outdoor space, can't say I know too much about growing out of season under glass, except I would avoid all brassicas indoors because they are unpleasantly smelly and will attract white fly. I would suggest herbs. Maybe your idea of watercress too but I have no experience with it...
    Ok so no outdoor space, can't say I know too much about growing out of season under glass, except I would avoid all brassicas indoors because they are unpleasantly smelly and will attract white fly. I would suggest herbs. Maybe your idea of...
    Ok so no outdoor space, can't say I know too much about growing out of season under glass, except I would avoid all brassicas indoors because they are unpleasantly smelly and will attract white...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Barry79

Greenhouse foundation on lawn

On that subject, if you need to set anything accurately into concrete, you want to build the frame first and *then* pour the concrete. The other option is to lay concrete with nothing set in it,...
    On that subject, if you need to set anything accurately into concrete, you want to build the frame first and *then* pour the concrete. The other option is to lay concrete with nothing set in it, and then drill appropriate holes for anchor bolts.
    On that subject, if you need to set anything accurately into concrete, you want to build the frame first and *then* pour the concrete. The other option is to lay concrete with nothing set in it, and then drill appropriate holes for anchor bolts.
    On that subject, if you need to set anything accurately into concrete, you want to build the frame first and *then* pour the concrete. The other option is to lay concrete with nothing set in it,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Arlandria

Help me choose a greenhouse!

Thanks Sandy! I think I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't going in a daft direction, but this discussion has confirmed that I'm not, and also brought in some new info that'll help me get...
    Thanks Sandy! I think I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't going in a daft direction, but this discussion has confirmed that I'm not, and also brought in some new info that'll help me get the right accessories.Of course I had a look this morning and everything I was considering it out...
    Thanks Sandy! I think I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't going in a daft direction, but this discussion has confirmed that I'm not, and also brought in some new info that'll help me get the right accessories.Of course I had a look...
    Thanks Sandy! I think I just wanted some reassurance that I wasn't going in a daft direction, but this discussion has confirmed that I'm not, and also brought in some new info that'll help me get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. LettuceG

Some greenhouse questions

Relocate the greenhouse.
    Relocate the greenhouse.
    Relocate the greenhouse.
    Relocate the greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Darren2993

Poor Seed Germination

A leggy seedling is likely to be a light issue, I used deep root trainers for the first time this year and I really like them and they can be reused (with a bit of care I would imagine quite a few...
    A leggy seedling is likely to be a light issue, I used deep root trainers for the first time this year and I really like them and they can be reused (with a bit of care I would imagine quite a few times) I like to recycle myself but I find ready made seed trays more efficient for me, you can get...
    A leggy seedling is likely to be a light issue, I used deep root trainers for the first time this year and I really like them and they can be reused (with a bit of care I would imagine quite a few times) I like to recycle myself but I find ready...
    A leggy seedling is likely to be a light issue, I used deep root trainers for the first time this year and I really like them and they can be reused (with a bit of care I would imagine quite a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Adrian Dickerson

Black Hamburg grapevine in greenhouse- How many bunches should I allow to mature?

Hmmm, maybe, but I think the Hampton Court grapevine predates you by a couple of centuries or so!
    Hmmm, maybe, but I think the Hampton Court grapevine predates you by a couple of centuries or so!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ricky101

Humidity monitoring ?

Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes up humidity goes down and vise versa But the actual amount of moisture in the air is still the...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes up humidity goes down and vise versa But the...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. F Flinstone

Greenhouse protection?

Had glass greenhouse roofs for nigh on 50 years, never had a problem with hailstones in the UK with ordinary 3mm horticultural glass.Ok might be different in France, but how about some shade...
    Had glass greenhouse roofs for nigh on 50 years, never had a problem with hailstones in the UK with ordinary 3mm horticultural glass.Ok might be different in France, but how about some shade netting over the top of the greenhouse in summer.
    Had glass greenhouse roofs for nigh on 50 years, never had a problem with hailstones in the UK with ordinary 3mm horticultural glass.Ok might be different in France, but how about some shade netting over the top of the greenhouse in summer.
    Had glass greenhouse roofs for nigh on 50 years, never had a problem with hailstones in the UK with ordinary 3mm horticultural glass.Ok might be different in France, but how about some shade...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jane0o0

Mushrooms in soil

I have had this too this year, I assumed it was something to do with the make up of the growbags/compost I’ve been using (it’s been a bit hit and miss where I have been able to buy compost-due to...
    I have had this too this year, I assumed it was something to do with the make up of the growbags/compost I’ve been using (it’s been a bit hit and miss where I have been able to buy compost-due to obvious reasons), as I have everything in containers, thought maybe a greater percentage of wood...
    I have had this too this year, I assumed it was something to do with the make up of the growbags/compost I’ve been using (it’s been a bit hit and miss where I have been able to buy compost-due to obvious reasons), as I have everything in...
    I have had this too this year, I assumed it was something to do with the make up of the growbags/compost I’ve been using (it’s been a bit hit and miss where I have been able to buy compost-due to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. nickp

Heating a Greenhouse with direct vent propane heater

@Scrungee I did that too.:biggrin:Bought what I thought was a fairly low BTU rated naptha heater which proved to be not near low enough :doh:It turned the greenhouse into a hot house in a hurry and that was...
    @Scrungee I did that too.:biggrin:Bought what I thought was a fairly low BTU rated naptha heater which proved to be not near low enough :doh:It turned the greenhouse into a hot house in a hurry and that was on it's lowest setting. The vent opened up to it's max was what alerted me to the problem :doh::doh:Still got...
    @Scrungee I did that too.:biggrin:Bought what I thought was a fairly low BTU rated naptha heater which proved to be not near low enough :doh:It turned the greenhouse into a hot house in a hurry and that was on it's lowest setting. The vent opened up to it's...
    @Scrungee I did that too.:biggrin:Bought what I thought was a fairly low BTU rated naptha heater which proved to be not near low enough :doh:It turned the greenhouse into a hot house in a hurry and that was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Freddy

Misting - Fogging

No matter what I tried I couldn't get enough humidity. So bought another green house and dropped the base to 18 inches .cement on the floor and breeze block sides . The green house was...
    No matter what I tried I couldn't get enough humidity. So bought another green house and dropped the base to 18 inches .cement on the floor and breeze block sides . The green house was erected into the breeze blocks base.. I added a couple of blocks for steps. I grow melons, cucs,...
    No matter what I tried I couldn't get enough humidity. So bought another green house and dropped the base to 18 inches .cement on the floor and breeze block sides . The green house was erected into the breeze blocks base.. I added a couple...
    No matter what I tried I couldn't get enough humidity. So bought another green house and dropped the base to 18 inches .cement on the floor and breeze block sides . The green house was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. clum111

Insulating a Greenhouse?

Sorry, I'm just back, as I've had computer issues. That's for your replies. I've put 3 bamboo canes in the roof and ran bubble wrap over & down the sides, which has worked out fine.
    Sorry, I'm just back, as I've had computer issues. That's for your replies. I've put 3 bamboo canes in the roof and ran bubble wrap over & down the sides, which has worked out fine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paul Blackburn

Heating Greenhouse

I have tried contacting Brierley Heritage many times but with no results, as it looks like what i require. They might be not working due to Covid, and the mobile number on the web site goes to...
    I have tried contacting Brierley Heritage many times but with no results, as it looks like what i require. They might be not working due to Covid, and the mobile number on the web site goes to answering machine and i get no return call. Does anyone know if they are still trading?
    I have tried contacting Brierley Heritage many times but with no results, as it looks like what i require. They might be not working due to Covid, and the mobile number on the web site goes to answering machine and i get no return call. Does...
    I have tried contacting Brierley Heritage many times but with no results, as it looks like what i require. They might be not working due to Covid, and the mobile number on the web site goes to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sean c g

Placement advice

Thanks for the advice. Was hoping I could go right back but don’t want to make problems for the future.
    Thanks for the advice. Was hoping I could go right back but don’t want to make problems for the future.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. BFOSP

My New s/h GreenHouse

Hi,We have a north facing house wall thats almost 100% shade but it is still quiet colourful.There are even books for Plants in Shade, but many common plants can be used , like Ferns and Ivy,...
    Hi,We have a north facing house wall thats almost 100% shade but it is still quiet colourful.There are even books for Plants in Shade, but many common plants can be used , like Ferns and Ivy, Hardy Fuchsias, Begonias, Heucheras are some that we use.Plenty more here for starters..
    Hi,We have a north facing house wall thats almost 100% shade but it is still quiet colourful.There are even books for Plants in Shade, but many common plants can be used , like Ferns and Ivy, Hardy Fuchsias, Begonias, Heucheras are some...
    Hi,We have a north facing house wall thats almost 100% shade but it is still quiet colourful.There are even books for Plants in Shade, but many common plants can be used , like Ferns and Ivy,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. PSK1976

Help needed - replacement glass clips

My greenhouse uses those clips (simplicity classic) bought it from the greenhouse people , i have just looked they have those clips on website Regds Sandy
    My greenhouse uses those clips (simplicity classic) bought it from the greenhouse people , i have just looked they have those clips on website Regds Sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. beefpotnoodle

New greenhouse grower!

i also do as nigelj , scrungee and Canadian Lori, as do many others and start off indoors (conservatory) with heated propagators and grow lights and aim to get plants into greenhouse in...
    i also do as nigelj , scrungee and Canadian Lori, as do many others and start off indoors (conservatory) with heated propagators and grow lights and aim to get plants into greenhouse in May Regards Sandy
    i also do as nigelj , scrungee and Canadian Lori, as do many others and start off indoors (conservatory) with heated propagators and grow lights and aim to get plants into greenhouse in May Regards Sandy
    i also do as nigelj , scrungee and Canadian Lori, as do many others and start off indoors (conservatory) with heated propagators and grow lights and aim to get plants into greenhouse in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. landimad

Birds in Greenhouse

My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is...
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is covered with wire mesh.
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is covered with wire mesh.
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice