1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Bonnyrigg Lea

Old greenhouse in need of replacement glass or other suitable medium

Interesting stuff guys. All useful grist to the DIY mill.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. grandchild4

Green house

I made up a set of free-standing staging from sawn timber from B&Q. That way you get it to fit your purpose.
    I made up a set of free-standing staging from sawn timber from B&Q. That way you get it to fit your purpose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. arwyn

greenhouse cleaning

I've used Jeyes in mine many times and give it a good rinse after. No problems.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. compostee

Not posh enough for greenhouse,

You only get 90% light transmission through a polytunnel cover so if you put two on you'd only get 90% of the 90% (to tired to try and work it out (81% I think) :D ) Whilst we are only getting...
    You only get 90% light transmission through a polytunnel cover so if you put two on you'd only get 90% of the 90% (to tired to try and work it out (81% I think) :D ) Whilst we are only getting short day at the moment it's the light level thats important as much as the day length. SO a short...
    You only get 90% light transmission through a polytunnel cover so if you put two on you'd only get 90% of the 90% (to tired to try and work it out (81% I think) :D ) Whilst we are only getting short day at the moment it's the light level thats...
    You only get 90% light transmission through a polytunnel cover so if you put two on you'd only get 90% of the 90% (to tired to try and work it out (81% I think) :D ) Whilst we are only getting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. johnross

greenhouse

How ever big it is, it won't be big enough once you start :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Waco

Marriage guidance warning

Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the...
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the greenhouse round it - could get us out of a sticky situation. LOL my condition is much worse now!
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the greenhouse round it - could get us out of a sticky...
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Waco

BIG disappointment

Just as well you discovered the mistake or you could have ended up with a VERY small greenhouse!
    Just as well you discovered the mistake or you could have ended up with a VERY small greenhouse!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Blackthorn

Just what is the point of bubblewrap?

"Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned and triple skinned. The double skinned is more readily available not only in garden centres but also...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned and triple skinned. The double skinned is more...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sparkle

recommend me a heater

My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on...
    My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on bricks, filled 1" deep with sand, two seed tray propagators with a hurricane lamp underneath. The...
    My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on bricks, filled 1" deep with sand, two seed tray...
    My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Waco

staging

Thanks Hex, it makes much more sense now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. techproject

Greenhouses

hi Techproject, I've just filled in your questionnaire, sorry it's late but I've just found it...hope it helps a wee bit.
    hi Techproject, I've just filled in your questionnaire, sorry it's late but I've just found it...hope it helps a wee bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Waco

Glass

Might be a cheaper option to put a wire netting fence round the greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Pete L

Help please with Greenhouse dis-assembly/assembly

hi ihave just moved a 6x8 ally greenhouse and the hardest bit was preparing it all for reassembly ie cleaning the glass and making sure the frame was level and square i broke 3 panes of glass but...
    hi ihave just moved a 6x8 ally greenhouse and the hardest bit was preparing it all for reassembly ie cleaning the glass and making sure the frame was level and square i broke 3 panes of glass but what the hell it was all free. needs quite a few w clips though. really keen to get something...
    hi ihave just moved a 6x8 ally greenhouse and the hardest bit was preparing it all for reassembly ie cleaning the glass and making sure the frame was level and square i broke 3 panes of glass but what the hell it was all free. needs quite a few...
    hi ihave just moved a 6x8 ally greenhouse and the hardest bit was preparing it all for reassembly ie cleaning the glass and making sure the frame was level and square i broke 3 panes of glass but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. peedee7

Greenhouse condensation

With mine I think that the condensation was worst at the start when the plants and their compost were still pretty wet. I think it comes during the day when the sun heats the inside up a lot. It...
    With mine I think that the condensation was worst at the start when the plants and their compost were still pretty wet. I think it comes during the day when the sun heats the inside up a lot. It is essentially drying out the contents. The only thing to do is to leave the door or vents open. ...
    With mine I think that the condensation was worst at the start when the plants and their compost were still pretty wet. I think it comes during the day when the sun heats the inside up a lot. It is essentially drying out the contents. The only...
    With mine I think that the condensation was worst at the start when the plants and their compost were still pretty wet. I think it comes during the day when the sun heats the inside up a lot. It...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scotkat

Cleaning greenhouse

But I would like to have my tomatoes cropping earlier. This year they were in the greenhouse by beginning of April and were cropping early. Also the outdoor tomatoes got blight as well.
    But I would like to have my tomatoes cropping earlier. This year they were in the greenhouse by beginning of April and were cropping early. Also the outdoor tomatoes got blight as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mel

new greenhouse

Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if...
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if kept separately for partitions etc..
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if kept separately for partitions etc..
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Honey Bee

New Greenhoue

He can't afford the time to potter in it!! He has to come out to work with me! :D I can't wield a mattock like he does.....
    He can't afford the time to potter in it!! He has to come out to work with me! :D I can't wield a mattock like he does.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ghollum

Greenhouse Blues

One more tip for you Ghollum, if you go back down the tomato road...keep your watering can full of water in the greenhouse, it provides some humidity and warms the water so your plants are not...
    One more tip for you Ghollum, if you go back down the tomato road...keep your watering can full of water in the greenhouse, it provides some humidity and warms the water so your plants are not too shocked when you water them.. Imagine putting yourself in a cold bath brrrgh. i have found this a...
    One more tip for you Ghollum, if you go back down the tomato road...keep your watering can full of water in the greenhouse, it provides some humidity and warms the water so your plants are not too shocked when you water them.. Imagine putting...
    One more tip for you Ghollum, if you go back down the tomato road...keep your watering can full of water in the greenhouse, it provides some humidity and warms the water so your plants are not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Nik

Cost of heating a greenhouse overwinter

Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or positioned under the staging.Overall i think you have to look at the greenhouse as a whole to get the...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or positioned under the staging.Overall i think you have...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. chrispt

winter greenhouse

hi Dave. What sort of lettuce is that? Is it like Tom Thumb - hearted I mean. What about carrots?
    hi Dave. What sort of lettuce is that? Is it like Tom Thumb - hearted I mean. What about carrots?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice