1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Engelbert

What pipe to use for raised bed hoop house/tunnel/netting frame, (etc)?

Right, let's try again....Excellent - that's worked. Thanks for liking me!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tom Hawkins

What is this?

My only negative point is that the boiler is outside the greenhouse (not that you would necessarily want the fire inside the greenhouse) and all the "waste heat" from the boiler itself getting hot...
    My only negative point is that the boiler is outside the greenhouse (not that you would necessarily want the fire inside the greenhouse) and all the "waste heat" from the boiler itself getting hot is going to be wasted. If you have plentiful fuel then probably not a problem.Very small firebox...
    My only negative point is that the boiler is outside the greenhouse (not that you would necessarily want the fire inside the greenhouse) and all the "waste heat" from the boiler itself getting hot is going to be wasted. If you have plentiful...
    My only negative point is that the boiler is outside the greenhouse (not that you would necessarily want the fire inside the greenhouse) and all the "waste heat" from the boiler itself getting hot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. kerrygirl

What is this please

Thanks Charlie, I will see how it goes.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Seadog

What else to grow in greenhouse

Many thanks to you both for your suggestions.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CanadianLori

What electrics are safe in a greenhouse over the winter?

Thank you for the input @Zigs and @Selleri . I will remove the fans and timers and rehook up one timer down by the battery in the cellar to run the waterproof leds. Maybe I'll reconfig the whole...
    Thank you for the input @Zigs and @Selleri . I will remove the fans and timers and rehook up one timer down by the battery in the cellar to run the waterproof leds. Maybe I'll reconfig the whole shebang so that I only have to rehang the fans come spring :)
    Thank you for the input @Zigs and @Selleri . I will remove the fans and timers and rehook up one timer down by the battery in the cellar to run the waterproof leds. Maybe I'll reconfig the whole shebang so that I only have to rehang the fans...
    Thank you for the input @Zigs and @Selleri . I will remove the fans and timers and rehook up one timer down by the battery in the cellar to run the waterproof leds. Maybe I'll reconfig the whole...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. longk

What do you Grow in Your Greenhouse in Winter?

@longk ....It certainly is a balancing act:blue thumb:....that sun has still got some heat in it even now and the odd bits and bobs i've got on my heated bench that i'm trying to keep frost free and put to...
    @longk ....It certainly is a balancing act:blue thumb:....that sun has still got some heat in it even now and the odd bits and bobs i've got on my heated bench that i'm trying to keep frost free and put to sleep are tempting fate by trying to wake up....:rolleyespink: i need to be on the ball and get the doors open and...
    @longk ....It certainly is a balancing act:blue thumb:....that sun has still got some heat in it even now and the odd bits and bobs i've got on my heated bench that i'm trying to keep frost free and put to sleep are tempting fate by trying to wake up....:rolleyespink: i...
    @longk ....It certainly is a balancing act:blue thumb:....that sun has still got some heat in it even now and the odd bits and bobs i've got on my heated bench that i'm trying to keep frost free and put to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jocko
    Funny x 6

What do you do about this in your greenhouse?

WOW!! That is scary. So glad nobody was injured or worse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. cattwoman25

what can you grow in a greenhouse ?

hi snowflakethis is a pop up green househttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250146713598and what a load of poo i bought too :( it sure pops up but rips as good as it went...
    hi snowflakethis is a pop up green househttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250146713598and what a load of poo i bought too :( it sure pops up but rips as good as it went upso after a week i slung it in the bin and bought this...
    hi snowflakethis is a pop up green househttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250146713598and what a load of poo i bought too :( it sure pops up but rips as good as it went upso after a week i slung it in the bin and...
    hi snowflakethis is a pop up green househttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250146713598and what a load of poo i bought too :( it sure pops up but rips as good as it went...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. justracing

What can I plant in the greenhouse now?

Spinach is another toughy that you might try btw. You need to have started it a few weeks ago though as its too late to sow anything from seed now.
    Spinach is another toughy that you might try btw. You need to have started it a few weeks ago though as its too late to sow anything from seed now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Howard Shaw

What can I plant in my greenhouse (heated) now?

Light will be your problem. You could grow [Autumn-sown] Potatoes and Dwarf French Beans (without heat) but they would have needed to have been sown at the start of August.We grow Chard over...
    Light will be your problem. You could grow [Autumn-sown] Potatoes and Dwarf French Beans (without heat) but they would have needed to have been sown at the start of August.We grow Chard over winter. It doesn't do much during the winter (I grow in unheated greenhouse, but I doubt that there is...
    Light will be your problem. You could grow [Autumn-sown] Potatoes and Dwarf French Beans (without heat) but they would have needed to have been sown at the start of August.We grow Chard over winter. It doesn't do much during the winter (I grow...
    Light will be your problem. You could grow [Autumn-sown] Potatoes and Dwarf French Beans (without heat) but they would have needed to have been sown at the start of August.We grow Chard over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kayleigh

What can I grow from seed in my greenhouse during winter?

You can sow Parsley in autumn, for it to grow (slowly) through winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Welshman

What are you growing

Meh……18” will be enough, i dont want them huge, only two of us in the house
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bravas

Waterlogged greenhouse!

There may be a problem with a clay layer below surface level. I had something similar - each time it rained I had standing water in the back garden. I dug a sump hole through the clay - about 5 -...
    There may be a problem with a clay layer below surface level. I had something similar - each time it rained I had standing water in the back garden. I dug a sump hole through the clay - about 5 - and filled the hole with rubble/stones'. In 25 years I have not had a repeat. My son had a similar...
    There may be a problem with a clay layer below surface level. I had something similar - each time it rained I had standing water in the back garden. I dug a sump hole through the clay - about 5 - and filled the hole with rubble/stones'. In 25...
    There may be a problem with a clay layer below surface level. I had something similar - each time it rained I had standing water in the back garden. I dug a sump hole through the clay - about 5 -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. gcc3663
    Like x 6

Watering system for the Greenhouse

BONUS FIND :WINK1: :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. icom102

Watering problems

Hi icom and welcome to the forum - I hope you are still with us. I am afraid I have only just seen your post.Was the water container higher than the tray? If it was the capillary matting would...
    Hi icom and welcome to the forum - I hope you are still with us. I am afraid I have only just seen your post.Was the water container higher than the tray? If it was the capillary matting would make the water siphon out from the higher level to the lower level, in exactly the same way as a...
    Hi icom and welcome to the forum - I hope you are still with us. I am afraid I have only just seen your post.Was the water container higher than the tray? If it was the capillary matting would make the water siphon out from the higher level to...
    Hi icom and welcome to the forum - I hope you are still with us. I am afraid I have only just seen your post.Was the water container higher than the tray? If it was the capillary matting would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Kristen

Watering Greenhouse Plants / Staging

Two season on, and if (when?!!) I do it again, I would choose Flood and Drain. Many plants are two wet on capillary matting, although the ability of the matting to hold water means that nothing...
    Two season on, and if (when?!!) I do it again, I would choose Flood and Drain. Many plants are two wet on capillary matting, although the ability of the matting to hold water means that nothing goes dry easily.I have lots of slugs and snails this year (everywhere, as does everyone else), but...
    Two season on, and if (when?!!) I do it again, I would choose Flood and Drain. Many plants are two wet on capillary matting, although the ability of the matting to hold water means that nothing goes dry easily.I have lots of slugs and snails...
    Two season on, and if (when?!!) I do it again, I would choose Flood and Drain. Many plants are two wet on capillary matting, although the ability of the matting to hold water means that nothing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Spacemunkey

Watering frequency???

I water every day and feed once a week when setting fruit, but increase to twice a week when heavily fruiting. I also cut the end off a milk carton and sink it in the ground next to the plant and...
    I water every day and feed once a week when setting fruit, but increase to twice a week when heavily fruiting. I also cut the end off a milk carton and sink it in the ground next to the plant and water through this. This is especially good for cucumbers so that the stem doesn't rot which is...
    I water every day and feed once a week when setting fruit, but increase to twice a week when heavily fruiting. I also cut the end off a milk carton and sink it in the ground next to the plant and water through this. This is especially good for...
    I water every day and feed once a week when setting fruit, but increase to twice a week when heavily fruiting. I also cut the end off a milk carton and sink it in the ground next to the plant and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. primulas

Walk-in greenhouse..

If you have borders in the tunnel, rather than solid floor, I would grow winter crops. We enjoy Chard - as Lea said. We don't get much in the way of a crop during the winter, but in the spring...
    If you have borders in the tunnel, rather than solid floor, I would grow winter crops. We enjoy Chard - as Lea said. We don't get much in the way of a crop during the winter, but in the spring before the Tomatoes etc. are planted out we get loads from it.Lamsb Lettuce is another that should...
    If you have borders in the tunnel, rather than solid floor, I would grow winter crops. We enjoy Chard - as Lea said. We don't get much in the way of a crop during the winter, but in the spring before the Tomatoes etc. are planted out we get...
    If you have borders in the tunnel, rather than solid floor, I would grow winter crops. We enjoy Chard - as Lea said. We don't get much in the way of a crop during the winter, but in the spring...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ch3m

Walk in plastic greenhouse heating

In the greenhouse, a fan,lamp/heating mat are needed. Humidity also important in planting. And a thermostat/humidistat simplify all. Inkbird being the sponsor here in the forum, we are supplier...
    In the greenhouse, a fan,lamp/heating mat are needed. Humidity also important in planting. And a thermostat/humidistat simplify all. Inkbird being the sponsor here in the forum, we are supplier of humidity/temperature control. If anyone need us,please feel free to contact me directly.
    In the greenhouse, a fan,lamp/heating mat are needed. Humidity also important in planting. And a thermostat/humidistat simplify all. Inkbird being the sponsor here in the forum, we are supplier of humidity/temperature control. If anyone need...
    In the greenhouse, a fan,lamp/heating mat are needed. Humidity also important in planting. And a thermostat/humidistat simplify all. Inkbird being the sponsor here in the forum, we are supplier...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Spacemunkey

Vine weevil larvae !!!!!!

We've watered all our plants for sale, except edibles, with Vine Weevil killer. A couple of thousand of them :rolleyespink:
    We've watered all our plants for sale, except edibles, with Vine Weevil killer. A couple of thousand of them :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice