1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Irmemac
    Like x 8

So Excited.... First Ever Greenhouse!

Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries and germinating seeds for containers and hanging baskets. I'm not going to be able to commit to...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries and germinating seeds for containers and hanging...
    Hmm. Lots to think about there, @ricky101! Had already decided just to try a bit of experimenting this year, so was thinking about using the greenhouse for tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. bluesavvy

Aeroponic Geenhouse Blueberry

The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient root system in less time using less resources. The time and energy saved can be put to good use in...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient root system in less time using less resources. The...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. burnie

Rhino charging my way

Connected up one of the roof windows to the pair of auto vents as it's getting warm inside. Peas are growing in one corner for an early crop, Radish and Lettuce growing under glass to, even...
    Connected up one of the roof windows to the pair of auto vents as it's getting warm inside. Peas are growing in one corner for an early crop, Radish and Lettuce growing under glass to, even spotted flowers on the Strawberries too.
    Connected up one of the roof windows to the pair of auto vents as it's getting warm inside. Peas are growing in one corner for an early crop, Radish and Lettuce growing under glass to, even spotted flowers on the Strawberries too.
    Connected up one of the roof windows to the pair of auto vents as it's getting warm inside. Peas are growing in one corner for an early crop, Radish and Lettuce growing under glass to, even...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. clueless1

Greenhouse in shade

Number of factors to consider I think.Early in the year there isn't much light anyway, and that tends to make seedlings "leggy" - more so if they are on a windowsill than a greenhouse, but in a...
    Number of factors to consider I think.Early in the year there isn't much light anyway, and that tends to make seedlings "leggy" - more so if they are on a windowsill than a greenhouse, but in a greenhouse they are often not warm enough as well as having low light levels (its fine for Sweetpeas...
    Number of factors to consider I think.Early in the year there isn't much light anyway, and that tends to make seedlings "leggy" - more so if they are on a windowsill than a greenhouse, but in a greenhouse they are often not warm enough as well...
    Number of factors to consider I think.Early in the year there isn't much light anyway, and that tends to make seedlings "leggy" - more so if they are on a windowsill than a greenhouse, but in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sargan

Greenhouse base

Aye, nowt like tempting fate :D I`m not too worried about the gods, the greenhouse is bolted to a 1.5 ton concrete ring foundation :dbgrtmb:
    Aye, nowt like tempting fate :D I`m not too worried about the gods, the greenhouse is bolted to a 1.5 ton concrete ring foundation :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. PrideRavyn

Corner/Triangular greenhouses?

If you did consider designing your own, there are as I'm sure you are aware, a number of companies which supply polycarbonate suitable for greenhouses - builders' merchants (Wickes et.al) but it's...
    If you did consider designing your own, there are as I'm sure you are aware, a number of companies which supply polycarbonate suitable for greenhouses - builders' merchants (Wickes et.al) but it's not cheap and the price of the glazing bars is a killer. I'm not sure which 'type' of triangle...
    If you did consider designing your own, there are as I'm sure you are aware, a number of companies which supply polycarbonate suitable for greenhouses - builders' merchants (Wickes et.al) but it's not cheap and the price of the glazing bars is a...
    If you did consider designing your own, there are as I'm sure you are aware, a number of companies which supply polycarbonate suitable for greenhouses - builders' merchants (Wickes et.al) but it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. TMAK

Greenhouse in north facing garden

Cheers for all the advice. Might look into insulating the larger one. Or partition it off. The celotex could be awkward. It's a dome greenhouse so the angles would be a nightmare.Sent from my...
    Cheers for all the advice. Might look into insulating the larger one. Or partition it off. The celotex could be awkward. It's a dome greenhouse so the angles would be a nightmare.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers for all the advice. Might look into insulating the larger one. Or partition it off. The celotex could be awkward. It's a dome greenhouse so the angles would be a nightmare.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers for all the advice. Might look into insulating the larger one. Or partition it off. The celotex could be awkward. It's a dome greenhouse so the angles would be a nightmare.Sent from my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spacemunkey

Louvre Vent. Where to place it???

Certainly would go high on leeward side for gentler airflow. Heat can be problem, but best regulate that with shade net (or anything) but biggest evil can be mildews, moulds & fungii, for which...
    Certainly would go high on leeward side for gentler airflow. Heat can be problem, but best regulate that with shade net (or anything) but biggest evil can be mildews, moulds & fungii, for which the vent can help, but dont be afraid to whip out several panes of glass.
    Certainly would go high on leeward side for gentler airflow. Heat can be problem, but best regulate that with shade net (or anything) but biggest evil can be mildews, moulds & fungii, for which the vent can help, but dont be afraid to whip out...
    Certainly would go high on leeward side for gentler airflow. Heat can be problem, but best regulate that with shade net (or anything) but biggest evil can be mildews, moulds & fungii, for which...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Madahhlia

Choosing a greenhouse advice

Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base...
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base and packed the soil in with a wooden border.
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base and packed the soil in with a wooden border.
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl

Best floor for Greenhouse

How about a black and white Chequerboard floor Woo.:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sheps

What size armoured cable for greenhouse electrics?

It's the one type of connector that I will never use, probably because it's the type that came apart, [literally], in my hand many years and burnt my palm and fingers to the bone leaving scars to...
    It's the one type of connector that I will never use, probably because it's the type that came apart, [literally], in my hand many years and burnt my palm and fingers to the bone leaving scars to the shape of the connector in my left hand that I bear today.
    It's the one type of connector that I will never use, probably because it's the type that came apart, [literally], in my hand many years and burnt my palm and fingers to the bone leaving scars to the shape of the connector in my left hand that I...
    It's the one type of connector that I will never use, probably because it's the type that came apart, [literally], in my hand many years and burnt my palm and fingers to the bone leaving scars to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Steve R

Greenhouse plans?

The idea of building a wooden greenhouse really appeals to me, having just spent the last few evenings sawing up rafters for my extension. I think I missed my vocation, I love the smell of the cut...
    The idea of building a wooden greenhouse really appeals to me, having just spent the last few evenings sawing up rafters for my extension. I think I missed my vocation, I love the smell of the cut wood, really like going to the timber yard looking at wood and get a lot of satisfaction looking at...
    The idea of building a wooden greenhouse really appeals to me, having just spent the last few evenings sawing up rafters for my extension. I think I missed my vocation, I love the smell of the cut wood, really like going to the timber yard...
    The idea of building a wooden greenhouse really appeals to me, having just spent the last few evenings sawing up rafters for my extension. I think I missed my vocation, I love the smell of the cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Spruce

Passion flower for the Greenhouse

OMG I didn't look at the date :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kayleigh
    Like x 3

Gardena MicroDrip Irrigation Review

I got it start kit from Waterside garden center in Baston. x
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. stumorphmac

Heating

Ha ha,my chillies and carrots are in.So please as now I have the electric in,start the insulated floor tomorrow.
    Ha ha,my chillies and carrots are in.So please as now I have the electric in,start the insulated floor tomorrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jungle Jane
    Like x 13

Homemade Greenhouse Bolts and Rings Fixings/Supports

To support my tomatoes now I only use the bolts shown above to anchor the upright supports and prevent them from sliding. A few pieces of framing and some sturdy dowels and twine support my...
    To support my tomatoes now I only use the bolts shown above to anchor the upright supports and prevent them from sliding. A few pieces of framing and some sturdy dowels and twine support my tomatoes nicely. I leave them in place all year, however, it is a simple process to remove them if...
    To support my tomatoes now I only use the bolts shown above to anchor the upright supports and prevent them from sliding. A few pieces of framing and some sturdy dowels and twine support my tomatoes nicely. I leave them in place all year,...
    To support my tomatoes now I only use the bolts shown above to anchor the upright supports and prevent them from sliding. A few pieces of framing and some sturdy dowels and twine support my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Resonate

auto vent help ?

The cylinder is pretty much the whole guts of the thing though, and their FAQ says the cylinders only last about 6-8 years. See: and search for: "I can see a viscous liquid leaking out of the...
    The cylinder is pretty much the whole guts of the thing though, and their FAQ says the cylinders only last about 6-8 years. See: and search for: "I can see a viscous liquid leaking out of the tube. What is it?"
    The cylinder is pretty much the whole guts of the thing though, and their FAQ says the cylinders only last about 6-8 years. See: and search for: "I can see a viscous liquid leaking out of the tube. What is it?"
    The cylinder is pretty much the whole guts of the thing though, and their FAQ says the cylinders only last about 6-8 years. See: and search for: "I can see a viscous liquid leaking out of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. clueless1
    Like x 5

Temporary greenhouse - Bargain?

I have bought quite a lot of stuff from Greenfingers they really are a useful site and they are always happy to put anything right that you are not happy with............:)
    I have bought quite a lot of stuff from Greenfingers they really are a useful site and they are always happy to put anything right that you are not happy with............:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. blacksmith

heating my greenhouse

Would be interest to hear how you progress with your woodstove burner,please let use know once you up and running .. Dave
    Would be interest to hear how you progress with your woodstove burner,please let use know once you up and running .. Dave
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. penny_lane

Beetroot in modules in the greenhouse

Hi Gerard, yes it has been warm and mild at night here for a while, looks like temps of 20C today too :yess:I've got fleece handy though in case things turn, hopefully not though as I've...
    Hi Gerard, yes it has been warm and mild at night here for a while, looks like temps of 20C today too :yess:I've got fleece handy though in case things turn, hopefully not though as I've radishes coming up on the plot now, along with broad beans and onions, which I've just planted out. I...
    Hi Gerard, yes it has been warm and mild at night here for a while, looks like temps of 20C today too :yess:I've got fleece handy though in case things turn, hopefully not though as I've radishes coming up on the plot now, along with broad...
    Hi Gerard, yes it has been warm and mild at night here for a while, looks like temps of 20C today too :yess:I've got fleece handy though in case things turn, hopefully not though as I've...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice