See my ingredients molasses is black treacle Reds sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. WeeTam

Greenhouse rooflight part help ...

@WeeTam Rhino call them "roof vent bungs R92/55." Unfortunately that doesn't help much as I have no idea where to get them for a Robinson's greenhouse
    @WeeTam Rhino call them "roof vent bungs R92/55." Unfortunately that doesn't help much as I have no idea where to get them for a Robinson's greenhouse
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Crobbery

Anchoring greenhouse to a gravel grid base

Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra height to the structure,As @JWK says it needs to be properly anchored using the ground spikes than...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra height to the structure,As @JWK says it needs to be...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra...
    000683.jpg 000685.jpg 000684.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Welshman

What are you growing

Meh……18” will be enough, i dont want them huge, only two of us in the house
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sargan

Tomatoes should I cut back, too tall

Have you got flowers yet @Sargan ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. DevonPhil

Breathing life into an old greenhouse

Looks like you made a great job of the paving. Good on you and enjoy it. How lovely you have a nice outlook behind your garden instead of houses too.
    Looks like you made a great job of the paving. Good on you and enjoy it. How lovely you have a nice outlook behind your garden instead of houses too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. jane0o0

Greenhouse

One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has never frozen with a heater just keeping the greenhouse frost free. The glass side regularly freezes on...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has never frozen with a heater just keeping the greenhouse...
    One side of my greenhouse is 10mm twin wall polycarbonate. I think this does actually give a small measure of insulation.However cold its been outside in the last 30 yrs or so that side has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jordhandeson
    Like x 22

My diy greenhouse build

All healthy looking plants too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Tinkerbelle61

Cold frame - too cold?

Oh really, Close it at night, okay thanks @pete will do. Guess that will stop the slugs too !!
    Oh really, Close it at night, okay thanks @pete will do. Guess that will stop the slugs too !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. justsomeguy

Eltex greenhouse heater

I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I can find online. Also, the wich housing part is held in with one screw and 2 x rivets. Any...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I can find online. Also, the wich housing part is...
    I have recently acquired one of these and have absolutely no idea how to replace the wick or even control the flame. The knob mechanism does not turn and it doesn't look like like anything else I...
    Eltex heater.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mazambo

Disappointed with tomato germination

This year I germinated tomato seeds I saved in 2008 and in 2018 I germinated shop bought tomato seed in foil packets from 2005, so germinating after 13 years kept at room temperature in Xmas...
    This year I germinated tomato seeds I saved in 2008 and in 2018 I germinated shop bought tomato seed in foil packets from 2005, so germinating after 13 years kept at room temperature in Xmas biscuit selection tubs is doable.I suspect the rubbish quality of some suppliers seeds has something...
    This year I germinated tomato seeds I saved in 2008 and in 2018 I germinated shop bought tomato seed in foil packets from 2005, so germinating after 13 years kept at room temperature in Xmas biscuit selection tubs is doable.I suspect the...
    This year I germinated tomato seeds I saved in 2008 and in 2018 I germinated shop bought tomato seed in foil packets from 2005, so germinating after 13 years kept at room temperature in Xmas...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. zilly
    Like x 13

New Greenhouse

And I thought I was loosing the plot I cant see it iether:roflol::roflol::roflol: I thought it was something to do with todays date lol
    And I thought I was loosing the plot I cant see it iether:roflol::roflol::roflol: I thought it was something to do with todays date lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Seonaid

Greenhouse build advice

I've got 9mm twin wall polycarbonate in one side of my green house and glass the other. The inside of the poly never freezes but the glass often freezes on the inside even with the heating on.
    I've got 9mm twin wall polycarbonate in one side of my green house and glass the other. The inside of the poly never freezes but the glass often freezes on the inside even with the heating on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fredas

Greenhouse to face West?

Gardener's Law states that: The number of plants requiring to be in the greenhouse at anytime of year is always a whole number greater than can be comfortably accomodated" This also applies to...
    Gardener's Law states that: The number of plants requiring to be in the greenhouse at anytime of year is always a whole number greater than can be comfortably accomodated" This also applies to window sill and propagators.
    Gardener's Law states that: The number of plants requiring to be in the greenhouse at anytime of year is always a whole number greater than can be comfortably accomodated" This also applies to window sill and propagators.
    Gardener's Law states that: The number of plants requiring to be in the greenhouse at anytime of year is always a whole number greater than can be comfortably accomodated" This also applies to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sean c g

When to start

Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good height now so I’m going to repot them the next couple of days and leave out of the propagator on a...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good height now so I’m going to repot them the next...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good...
    IMG_0266.jpg GinTrap.jpg 89C07747-3F2F-44D8-8BD5-E6FE5EDD4AFE.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. BFOSP

Bought a new heater

Hi,As mentioned in the previous entry we have a 4x2ft enclosure for our orchids ,half of which is now turned over to propagation of flowers etc.Its lid is currently pulled opened via a string...
    Hi,As mentioned in the previous entry we have a 4x2ft enclosure for our orchids ,half of which is now turned over to propagation of flowers etc.Its lid is currently pulled opened via a string from the greenhouses auto roof vent, but that can be rather slow to react and the temp in the...
    Hi,As mentioned in the previous entry we have a 4x2ft enclosure for our orchids ,half of which is now turned over to propagation of flowers etc.Its lid is currently pulled opened via a string from the greenhouses auto roof vent, but that can...
    Hi,As mentioned in the previous entry we have a 4x2ft enclosure for our orchids ,half of which is now turned over to propagation of flowers etc.Its lid is currently pulled opened via a string...
    Heater set09-09-2019-11-12-14.jpg 000352.jpg 000472.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Theo1

Ideas for greehouse shelving

Hi Nigel thanks for the advice, I have checked and it is as square as I can get it, its not 100% but its not bad, i think the wind may have got in by the overlap on the glass and ripped it out,...
    Hi Nigel thanks for the advice, I have checked and it is as square as I can get it, its not 100% but its not bad, i think the wind may have got in by the overlap on the glass and ripped it out, fingers crossed I have it sorted, I have read some where that using glazing tape across the over lap...
    Hi Nigel thanks for the advice, I have checked and it is as square as I can get it, its not 100% but its not bad, i think the wind may have got in by the overlap on the glass and ripped it out, fingers crossed I have it sorted, I have read some...
    Hi Nigel thanks for the advice, I have checked and it is as square as I can get it, its not 100% but its not bad, i think the wind may have got in by the overlap on the glass and ripped it out,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Black Dog

Buying or building a greenhouse?

Why worry about the small stuff when Fukushima's going to poison the planet anyway ? Sad but true :ouch1:
    Why worry about the small stuff when Fukushima's going to poison the planet anyway ? Sad but true :ouch1:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. BarS
    Informative x 4

Automatic ventilation in my greenhouse. Made a small improvement with 2 bottles of beer. Works great

Of course, I filled the bottles with water)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice