1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. veglady

vents in a greenhouse

Nik If you blow air into the greenhouse via a filter screen,you can vent by overpressure. This pressurises the internal air and forces it out through the vents and those (unseen) gaps in the...
    Nik If you blow air into the greenhouse via a filter screen,you can vent by overpressure. This pressurises the internal air and forces it out through the vents and those (unseen) gaps in the greenhouse. It`s a good way to keep spores and small stuff out as it has to go against the airflow to get...
    Nik If you blow air into the greenhouse via a filter screen,you can vent by overpressure. This pressurises the internal air and forces it out through the vents and those (unseen) gaps in the greenhouse. It`s a good way to keep spores and small...
    Nik If you blow air into the greenhouse via a filter screen,you can vent by overpressure. This pressurises the internal air and forces it out through the vents and those (unseen) gaps in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ricky101

Ventilation methods

Have you looked at bathroom/shower extract fans? N.B. the over-run timer might need reducing.For example £13 on clearance at Wickes Wickes Extractor Fan with Timer 100mm | Wickes.co.uk
    Have you looked at bathroom/shower extract fans? N.B. the over-run timer might need reducing.For example £13 on clearance at Wickes Wickes Extractor Fan with Timer 100mm | Wickes.co.uk
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Veg-and-flower-man

Ventelation in the greehouse

You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a...
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a healthier enviroment for your plants. :thumb:
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a healthier enviroment for your plants. :thumb:
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Mellor3456

Upgrading Basic Greenhouse

Just admit it mate you have memory blokes ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. NeilC

Unheated - What Do I use It For?

"would just a couple of french bean plants be the same"I have had Dwarf French beans that have sat there and done nothing (probably through lack of watering outside though) but when they have...
    "would just a couple of french bean plants be the same"I have had Dwarf French beans that have sat there and done nothing (probably through lack of watering outside though) but when they have grown they crop surprisingly heavily for such a small guy!Half a dozen plants crops like a medium...
    "would just a couple of french bean plants be the same"I have had Dwarf French beans that have sat there and done nothing (probably through lack of watering outside though) but when they have grown they crop surprisingly heavily for such a...
    "would just a couple of french bean plants be the same"I have had Dwarf French beans that have sat there and done nothing (probably through lack of watering outside though) but when they have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Murdo

Under greenhouse staging?

The light level below staging may be a bit limited now, but in mid summer the light level from the sun will be much higher than plants can utilise. I did a little research when I was making a...
    The light level below staging may be a bit limited now, but in mid summer the light level from the sun will be much higher than plants can utilise. I did a little research when I was making a light box, and found that plants needs about 2,000 lux (measure of light intensity) to grow healthily. A...
    The light level below staging may be a bit limited now, but in mid summer the light level from the sun will be much higher than plants can utilise. I did a little research when I was making a light box, and found that plants needs about 2,000 lux...
    The light level below staging may be a bit limited now, but in mid summer the light level from the sun will be much higher than plants can utilise. I did a little research when I was making a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ricky101

Twin Walled 10mm Polycarbonate, cleaning.

Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an air compressor as it helps soften the residue.The new breather tape seem so much stronger than the...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an air compressor as it helps soften the residue.The...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an...
    IMG_20220422_142900146_HDR (2).jpg IMG_20220422_165726765_HDR (2).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Scotkat

Turning 1 of greenhouse bench

Mine is about 3 inches deep. But it depends on what size pots you want to use and how deep you want to bury them, that is if you are making a plunge type bed. Measure from the base of the pot to...
    Mine is about 3 inches deep. But it depends on what size pots you want to use and how deep you want to bury them, that is if you are making a plunge type bed. Measure from the base of the pot to the thicker piece and that is about the depth you ideally need.
    Mine is about 3 inches deep. But it depends on what size pots you want to use and how deep you want to bury them, that is if you are making a plunge type bed. Measure from the base of the pot to the thicker piece and that is about the depth you...
    Mine is about 3 inches deep. But it depends on what size pots you want to use and how deep you want to bury them, that is if you are making a plunge type bed. Measure from the base of the pot to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. varallo

Tubular Greenhouse Covering

Hi dave, Many thanks for the useful comments and links. Much appreciated. Nick :)
    Hi dave, Many thanks for the useful comments and links. Much appreciated. Nick :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ricky101
    Informative x 3

Tropf Blumat Ceramic Watering Probe

As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the little valve to allow the fresh water to flow. This has happened just once for both pots in the last...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the little valve to allow the fresh water to flow. This...
    As mentioned started 2 x 5" pots each with their own probes the other week.To start, the probes are filled with water and need to be placed into wet compost, as the compost dries it openes the...
    001923.jpg 001892.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jack McHammocklashing

Transfering tomatoes to greenhouse

That would work just fine. Last year I'd a 'spare' that was in a 10" pot and I sank the pot to about 2/3 of it's height in the bed in the polytunnel and the plant did very well. It put out roots...
    That would work just fine. Last year I'd a 'spare' that was in a 10" pot and I sank the pot to about 2/3 of it's height in the bed in the polytunnel and the plant did very well. It put out roots through the holes in the bottom of the pot.
    That would work just fine. Last year I'd a 'spare' that was in a 10" pot and I sank the pot to about 2/3 of it's height in the bed in the polytunnel and the plant did very well. It put out roots through the holes in the bottom of the pot.
    That would work just fine. Last year I'd a 'spare' that was in a 10" pot and I sank the pot to about 2/3 of it's height in the bed in the polytunnel and the plant did very well. It put out roots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. aneng

Too shady for my greenhouse ?

Use growbags and follow instructions.Feed every tiome you water but at a reduced rate
    Use growbags and follow instructions.Feed every tiome you water but at a reduced rate
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ricky101

Too much of a good thing ?

Hi KFF,Thanks for that interesting info, partic the last point about dryness vs the coldThe only place I can keep them all is the greenhouse, but that will have a heater added to keep it all...
    Hi KFF,Thanks for that interesting info, partic the last point about dryness vs the coldThe only place I can keep them all is the greenhouse, but that will have a heater added to keep it all frost free via a good electronic stat at 4c.The potential problem is that the daytime temps can get...
    Hi KFF,Thanks for that interesting info, partic the last point about dryness vs the coldThe only place I can keep them all is the greenhouse, but that will have a heater added to keep it all frost free via a good electronic stat at 4c.The...
    Hi KFF,Thanks for that interesting info, partic the last point about dryness vs the coldThe only place I can keep them all is the greenhouse, but that will have a heater added to keep it all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. davetherave

Too many seeds germinated in each cell

LOL I like a bit of danger :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. thriftybri

tomatoes watering

thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sargan

Tomatoes should I cut back, too tall

Have you got flowers yet @Sargan ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Andre Murphy

Tomatoes ripening

Agree with Pete about growing time and variety. :) I had 9 plants this year and had tomatoes before mid summer. Prolific cropping from gardeners delight and Shirley until early September and every...
    Agree with Pete about growing time and variety. :) I had 9 plants this year and had tomatoes before mid summer. Prolific cropping from gardeners delight and Shirley until early September and every tomato ripened. A couple of GD I gave to my nephew, a novice gardener, also produced well. The...
    Agree with Pete about growing time and variety. :) I had 9 plants this year and had tomatoes before mid summer. Prolific cropping from gardeners delight and Shirley until early September and every tomato ripened. A couple of GD I gave to my...
    Agree with Pete about growing time and variety. :) I had 9 plants this year and had tomatoes before mid summer. Prolific cropping from gardeners delight and Shirley until early September and every...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sargan

Tomatoes for next year

Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Tomato Taste Test 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Andeks

Tomato seeds

Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kennyhicks

Tomato potting on

In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs...
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs and other cartons as pots all of different sizes. Principle is the same.I put a little compost in...
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs and other cartons as pots all of different sizes....
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice