1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. jane0o0

Tomato plants and Spiders

Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Spotty Muldoon

Tomato plant leaf problem

Thanks to you all. That's a relief.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jane0o0

Tomato growing tip

Harvested first tomatoes today 15th May two sungold and two gardeners delight regards Sandy
    Harvested first tomatoes today 15th May two sungold and two gardeners delight regards Sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Grumps

Tomato growing

Hi Jane, No, don't strip the plants of all their leaves.:nonofinger::snorky: If you have trusses of toms being covered by some leaves then you can take those off to left the Sun get to them.:coffee::snorky:
    Hi Jane, No, don't strip the plants of all their leaves.:nonofinger::snorky: If you have trusses of toms being covered by some leaves then you can take those off to left the Sun get to them.:coffee::snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. holty66

tomato blight in greenhouse

please could someone help me with another question my brother has just rang and wants to know what a fair price would be to prune a apple tree it hasnt been touched for 12 years it is about 15ft...
    please could someone help me with another question my brother has just rang and wants to know what a fair price would be to prune a apple tree it hasnt been touched for 12 years it is about 15ft high and 20ft wide
    please could someone help me with another question my brother has just rang and wants to know what a fair price would be to prune a apple tree it hasnt been touched for 12 years it is about 15ft high and 20ft wide
    please could someone help me with another question my brother has just rang and wants to know what a fair price would be to prune a apple tree it hasnt been touched for 12 years it is about 15ft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sargan

Tomato alternate growing systems

imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any deficiencies. If not why do you want to add a chemical feed that may destroy friendly bacteria and upset the...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any deficiencies. If not why do you want to add a chemical feed...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Spacemunkey

To water or not to water???

Pete is right, keep it moist but not waterlogged.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Stingo

To sow direct into soil or start off in the greenhouse

I'm mostly a 'start off in the greenhouse" man. Actually I start off mostly in a propogator indoors then move them into the greenhosue once they have germinated.Except for root crops like...
    I'm mostly a 'start off in the greenhouse" man. Actually I start off mostly in a propogator indoors then move them into the greenhosue once they have germinated.Except for root crops like carrots and parsnips, if you disturb the roots when you transplant they will 'fork'. I've tried using...
    I'm mostly a 'start off in the greenhouse" man. Actually I start off mostly in a propogator indoors then move them into the greenhosue once they have germinated.Except for root crops like carrots and parsnips, if you disturb the roots when you...
    I'm mostly a 'start off in the greenhouse" man. Actually I start off mostly in a propogator indoors then move them into the greenhosue once they have germinated.Except for root crops like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Doug

To open are leave closed ?

The bigger the greenhouse, the easier it is to control the greenhsoue (although if you leave it closed it will still cook :( but in Summer its hard to keep 6 x 4's cool, much easier with 12 x 10...
    The bigger the greenhouse, the easier it is to control the greenhsoue (although if you leave it closed it will still cook :( but in Summer its hard to keep 6 x 4's cool, much easier with 12 x 10 and bigger. With smaller greenhouses yo can open door and vents, but all you are doing is creating...
    The bigger the greenhouse, the easier it is to control the greenhsoue (although if you leave it closed it will still cook :( but in Summer its hard to keep 6 x 4's cool, much easier with 12 x 10 and bigger. With smaller greenhouses yo can open...
    The bigger the greenhouse, the easier it is to control the greenhsoue (although if you leave it closed it will still cook :( but in Summer its hard to keep 6 x 4's cool, much easier with 12 x 10...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sarah_999

To greenhouse...

Well done Sarah, good to have you back and I'm sure you'll have lots of enjoyment filling it up.
    Well done Sarah, good to have you back and I'm sure you'll have lots of enjoyment filling it up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. steveb1973

Timber greenhouses

i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque...
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque look. Perhaps they`ll give a discount if you buy it without the styrene..unlikely but might be worth a try.
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque look. Perhaps they`ll give a discount if you buy it...
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. high kype

this is my greenhouse

hi Hel you will love it i do i can lose a lot of time in it that one is the Small one i have got a bigger one but to cost-lay to heat but when the Werther heats up its good at the moment i have...
    hi Hel you will love it i do i can lose a lot of time in it that one is the Small one i have got a bigger one but to cost-lay to heat but when the Werther heats up its good at the moment i have got my bulbs in there Mary
    hi Hel you will love it i do i can lose a lot of time in it that one is the Small one i have got a bigger one but to cost-lay to heat but when the Werther heats up its good at the moment i have got my bulbs in there Mary
    hi Hel you will love it i do i can lose a lot of time in it that one is the Small one i have got a bigger one but to cost-lay to heat but when the Werther heats up its good at the moment i have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Loofah

Thinking of building your own greenhouse?

Thanks Kirsten that's a good link, with some improvements to the ventillation that could make a substantial polytunnel.
    Thanks Kirsten that's a good link, with some improvements to the ventillation that could make a substantial polytunnel.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hydrogardener
    Like x 4

Thermo cube.

Using the IP camera installed in the greenhouse and the remote thermometer in the house I was able to monitor the device; sure enough the light was turned on at 2 degrees C. It is nice when...
    Using the IP camera installed in the greenhouse and the remote thermometer in the house I was able to monitor the device; sure enough the light was turned on at 2 degrees C. It is nice when something works like they claim it would, and, I expect to reclaim the cost of the device in electricity...
    Using the IP camera installed in the greenhouse and the remote thermometer in the house I was able to monitor the device; sure enough the light was turned on at 2 degrees C. It is nice when something works like they claim it would, and, I expect...
    Using the IP camera installed in the greenhouse and the remote thermometer in the house I was able to monitor the device; sure enough the light was turned on at 2 degrees C. It is nice when...
    cube.jpg cubeon.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. zutman

The Winter Greenhouse

Yes you can buy seed in this country, but its best to wait till early spring now.
    Yes you can buy seed in this country, but its best to wait till early spring now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Freedom_Spark

The curious case of chickens in the greenhouse are these tomato plants ruined?

So you asked them as well as us lot then :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Bilbo675
    Like x 8

The Contents of My Greenhouse

Nice plants Bilbo.:blue thumb: On the Brug front, I'm tending to think its more to do with acclimatization to sunny outside conditions, its not been hot by any means this summer, in fact mine would, I'm...
    Nice plants Bilbo.:blue thumb: On the Brug front, I'm tending to think its more to do with acclimatization to sunny outside conditions, its not been hot by any means this summer, in fact mine would, I'm sure have preferred more sun than they are getting. Now the Melianthus, I find always wilts in full...
    Nice plants Bilbo.:blue thumb: On the Brug front, I'm tending to think its more to do with acclimatization to sunny outside conditions, its not been hot by any means this summer, in fact mine would, I'm sure have preferred more sun than they are getting. ...
    Nice plants Bilbo.:blue thumb: On the Brug front, I'm tending to think its more to do with acclimatization to sunny outside conditions, its not been hot by any means this summer, in fact mine would, I'm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Scrungee
    Like x 4

Tesco Greenhouse?

Just a quick note Scrungee, check through your glass packs and make sure there are none broken. I had a total of 5 broken panes when I got mine, and all where in the centre of a couple of packs. ...
    Just a quick note Scrungee, check through your glass packs and make sure there are none broken. I had a total of 5 broken panes when I got mine, and all where in the centre of a couple of packs. Nice buy BTW! Steve...:)
    Just a quick note Scrungee, check through your glass packs and make sure there are none broken. I had a total of 5 broken panes when I got mine, and all where in the centre of a couple of packs. Nice buy BTW! Steve...:)
    Just a quick note Scrungee, check through your glass packs and make sure there are none broken. I had a total of 5 broken panes when I got mine, and all where in the centre of a couple of packs. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Folly Mon

tempreture

That's the theoretical temp for cucs Freddy. Toms can stand it quite a bit lower but though low temps won't kill them they can set them back.
    That's the theoretical temp for cucs Freddy. Toms can stand it quite a bit lower but though low temps won't kill them they can set them back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. hydrogardener
    Like x 3

Temporary shade

The topic at this month's meeting of the Northeastern New York orchid society meeting was growing orchids using a semi-hydroponic method. It is a simple inexpensive method of growing orchids and...
    The topic at this month's meeting of the Northeastern New York orchid society meeting was growing orchids using a semi-hydroponic method. It is a simple inexpensive method of growing orchids and once the plant is established it is virtually impossible to overwater the plant, as it will be...
    The topic at this month's meeting of the Northeastern New York orchid society meeting was growing orchids using a semi-hydroponic method. It is a simple inexpensive method of growing orchids and once the plant is established it is virtually...
    The topic at this month's meeting of the Northeastern New York orchid society meeting was growing orchids using a semi-hydroponic method. It is a simple inexpensive method of growing orchids and...
    shade.jpg orch1.jpg orch2.jpg orch3.jpg shade.jpg Piping Rock.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice