1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Jupes

Newbie help - what to grow

It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident...
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident yet buy some plug plants , garden centres have lots of young plants now .
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident yet buy some plug plants , garden centres have lots...
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Andeks

Tomato seeds

Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Paddy

Air flow into greenhouse

Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Selleri

Swedish Couple Builds Greenhouse Around Home to Stay Warm and Grow Food All Year Long

Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150 000, not more. Ventilation is controlled by what the owners call a "weather station" that adjusts the...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150 000, not more. Ventilation is controlled by what the...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. CanadianLori

Do you remove your automatic vent openers in the winter?

Homes over here that are newer than 50 years usually do not have deep window sills. I brought up Mikey (that's his name) and have him near the garden doors. He needs a bit of tidying so I will do...
    Homes over here that are newer than 50 years usually do not have deep window sills. I brought up Mikey (that's his name) and have him near the garden doors. He needs a bit of tidying so I will do that later :)
    Homes over here that are newer than 50 years usually do not have deep window sills. I brought up Mikey (that's his name) and have him near the garden doors. He needs a bit of tidying so I will do that later :)
    Homes over here that are newer than 50 years usually do not have deep window sills. I brought up Mikey (that's his name) and have him near the garden doors. He needs a bit of tidying so I will do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jane0o0

Greenhouse Tomatoes

You probably overfed the tomatoe plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mazambo

Bubble wrap

My GH. Is a Halls cedarwood build. Purchased second hand in 1984. Replaced the roof glass with twin walled poly carbonate sheets some time back. The poly carb sheets have an alternative...
    My GH. Is a Halls cedarwood build. Purchased second hand in 1984. Replaced the roof glass with twin walled poly carbonate sheets some time back. The poly carb sheets have an alternative inside/outside presentation. Hopefully, I applied them to screen off uv rays. Internal insulation is via...
    My GH. Is a Halls cedarwood build. Purchased second hand in 1984. Replaced the roof glass with twin walled poly carbonate sheets some time back. The poly carb sheets have an alternative inside/outside presentation. Hopefully, I applied them...
    My GH. Is a Halls cedarwood build. Purchased second hand in 1984. Replaced the roof glass with twin walled poly carbonate sheets some time back. The poly carb sheets have an alternative...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. thriftybri

tomatoes watering

thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. jane0o0

Tomato plants and Spiders

Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. LoveSunshine

Growing watermelons in the uk? Other ideas?

Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also managed to germinate some from a honey dew melon from asda..ended up, one had mildew, the other 2 just...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also managed to germinate some from a honey dew melon from...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also...
    554A4F52-C1A8-4432-9D24-0A5479C52497.jpeg 20170918_085335.jpg 20170713_154826.jpg 20170812_141244.jpg 20170812_141324.jpg 20190624_231015.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. thriftybri

cucumber plants dying

Thanks guys for your answers
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Pushkin

Shelf on back of greenhouse (outside)

On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame,...
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame, bolt to the frame then a hole in the front of the bracket and you could use standard greenhouse brackets.
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame, bolt to the frame then a hole in the front of the...
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame,...
    001692.jpg 001693.jpg 20190602_172811.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jane0o0

Tomato growing tip

Harvested first tomatoes today 15th May two sungold and two gardeners delight regards Sandy
    Harvested first tomatoes today 15th May two sungold and two gardeners delight regards Sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul Blackburn

Growing Tomato and Chillies

I'm no expert Paul but I would think early May. Just keep re potting the Tomatoes deeper in the next size pot.
    I'm no expert Paul but I would think early May. Just keep re potting the Tomatoes deeper in the next size pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Paul Blackburn

Greenhouse Heater

I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell...
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell gas previously but is now flogas.
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell gas previously but is now flogas.
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. jane0o0

Courgettes

We all do it , every year, never learn... !! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mazambo

Greenhouse window?

Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is...
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is there any other way to slide it back in without unscrewing it?
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is there any other way to slide it back in without...
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snorky85

Grow lights in greenhouse

You are right Lori - I've got a timer plug that I can set up. I actually put them on today 10-1 during the day as it is sooo grey and dull here.
    You are right Lori - I've got a timer plug that I can set up. I actually put them on today 10-1 during the day as it is sooo grey and dull here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Carllennon

Replacement Panels

Give these a try in the new year. MK City Glass Milton Keynes Glaziers
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. CarolineL

New greenhouse - some help please

Why not have it ALL glass or glass substitute?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice