1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. varallo

A water butt in the greenhouse?? - Comments please

Hi, Dave W - Now there is a thought .... Now you quote a research concerniong cold versus luke water on plants ... Frankly I begin to wonder about all these researches that one reads about,...
    Hi, Dave W - Now there is a thought .... Now you quote a research concerniong cold versus luke water on plants ... Frankly I begin to wonder about all these researches that one reads about, inasmuch as one does find an awful lot of contradictions from one research to another. And i am not...
    Hi, Dave W - Now there is a thought .... Now you quote a research concerniong cold versus luke water on plants ... Frankly I begin to wonder about all these researches that one reads about, inasmuch as one does find an awful lot of...
    Hi, Dave W - Now there is a thought .... Now you quote a research concerniong cold versus luke water on plants ... Frankly I begin to wonder about all these researches that one reads about,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Upcountrygirl

Diary of a greenhouse erection

Great story there. I can just imagine it, lol. Look forward to seeing it filled. cheers
    Great story there. I can just imagine it, lol. Look forward to seeing it filled. cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Engelbert

What pipe to use for raised bed hoop house/tunnel/netting frame, (etc)?

Right, let's try again....Excellent - that's worked. Thanks for liking me!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kristen

Watering Greenhouse Plants / Staging

Two season on, and if (when?!!) I do it again, I would choose Flood and Drain. Many plants are two wet on capillary matting, although the ability of the matting to hold water means that nothing...
    Two season on, and if (when?!!) I do it again, I would choose Flood and Drain. Many plants are two wet on capillary matting, although the ability of the matting to hold water means that nothing goes dry easily.I have lots of slugs and snails this year (everywhere, as does everyone else), but...
    Two season on, and if (when?!!) I do it again, I would choose Flood and Drain. Many plants are two wet on capillary matting, although the ability of the matting to hold water means that nothing goes dry easily.I have lots of slugs and snails...
    Two season on, and if (when?!!) I do it again, I would choose Flood and Drain. Many plants are two wet on capillary matting, although the ability of the matting to hold water means that nothing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. joemarkey6

new project "our first greenhouse"

Sounds alright, i`d cover it with white poly or paint it white as the black will get very hot and cook the roots inside. I had moss growing on the underside of the weed barrier i used for my...
    Sounds alright, i`d cover it with white poly or paint it white as the black will get very hot and cook the roots inside. I had moss growing on the underside of the weed barrier i used for my tomato hammock, its finally given up the ghost and started to tear along the back edge where its clamped...
    Sounds alright, i`d cover it with white poly or paint it white as the black will get very hot and cook the roots inside. I had moss growing on the underside of the weed barrier i used for my tomato hammock, its finally given up the ghost and...
    Sounds alright, i`d cover it with white poly or paint it white as the black will get very hot and cook the roots inside. I had moss growing on the underside of the weed barrier i used for my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Paul Blackburn

Heated propagator not heating up

The premium is thermostatically controlled, the standard isn`t.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. SuperDaz

Who made this Greenhouse?

Your greenhouse does look like a Halls one as yours looks identical to the one we had where we used to live.I have found this link that might be able to help you.Give them a ring or email them and...
    Your greenhouse does look like a Halls one as yours looks identical to the one we had where we used to live.I have found this link that might be able to help you.Give them a ring or email them and tell them your plight and see what they can do for you.:) Good Luck and hope that you get the part...
    Your greenhouse does look like a Halls one as yours looks identical to the one we had where we used to live.I have found this link that might be able to help you.Give them a ring or email them and tell them your plight and see what they can do...
    Your greenhouse does look like a Halls one as yours looks identical to the one we had where we used to live.I have found this link that might be able to help you.Give them a ring or email them and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. islayhawk

cleaning greenhouse

I use Armilatox sold now as a cleaning agent.Any consolation I also put 10mm into a watering can when watering plants, have used this method for years with no ill effects.Trevor
    I use Armilatox sold now as a cleaning agent.Any consolation I also put 10mm into a watering can when watering plants, have used this method for years with no ill effects.Trevor
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

Bubble Wrap Insulation for greenhouse - where to buy?

I've never thought of using a fan:doh:....but i haven't suffered with mould or rot (touches wood)...My GH has a door at the front and the back and i just open those for some air....:dbgrtmb:
    I've never thought of using a fan:doh:....but i haven't suffered with mould or rot (touches wood)...My GH has a door at the front and the back and i just open those for some air....:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jane0o0

Cucumber Sweet Peppers Aubergine

Thanks for the info sandymac. I'll have to prob pollinate with a brush as not getting bees in even though I've got 2 nests lol
    Thanks for the info sandymac. I'll have to prob pollinate with a brush as not getting bees in even though I've got 2 nests lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. CarolineL

New greenhouse - some help please

Why not have it ALL glass or glass substitute?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. northpool

Hartley 10 Greenhouse. Need instructions!

Ah, sorry to hear that :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snorky85

Capillary Matting

Hi @shiney - thanks for the offer - but don't worry about a picture. Its all water under the bridge now.I did try to Google the history of capilliary matting, but found nothing. Though I did...
    Hi @shiney - thanks for the offer - but don't worry about a picture. Its all water under the bridge now.I did try to Google the history of capilliary matting, but found nothing. Though I did find one company that sells matting made from recycled cotton and wool. That surprised me. I think it...
    Hi @shiney - thanks for the offer - but don't worry about a picture. Its all water under the bridge now.I did try to Google the history of capilliary matting, but found nothing. Though I did find one company that sells matting made from...
    Hi @shiney - thanks for the offer - but don't worry about a picture. Its all water under the bridge now.I did try to Google the history of capilliary matting, but found nothing. Though I did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Domestos Godess

Smoke bombing a greenhouse

I stick to Jeyes fluid and power washing best of all.And certainly before any plants go in.
    I stick to Jeyes fluid and power washing best of all.And certainly before any plants go in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. landimad
    Like x 8

New 5' x 7' Greenhouse

Here are a few more photos of the inside of the new greenhouse. The tub is thanks to the wifey and here idea for this. It holds a reservoir of water in the base so all we have to do is spray the...
    Here are a few more photos of the inside of the new greenhouse. The tub is thanks to the wifey and here idea for this. It holds a reservoir of water in the base so all we have to do is spray the plants when they need it. Sorry to say the fuchsia's are now covered with aphids, so out came the...
    Here are a few more photos of the inside of the new greenhouse. The tub is thanks to the wifey and here idea for this. It holds a reservoir of water in the base so all we have to do is spray the plants when they need it. Sorry to say the...
    Here are a few more photos of the inside of the new greenhouse. The tub is thanks to the wifey and here idea for this. It holds a reservoir of water in the base so all we have to do is spray the...
    DSCF6616.JPG DSCF6617.JPG DSCF6618.JPG DSCF6619.JPG DSCF6624.JPG DSC_0024.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mellor3456

Upgrading Basic Greenhouse

Just admit it mate you have memory blokes ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Roy

Greenhouse lights

Expecting a knock on the door from Plod,the police Helicopter was hovering directly overhead looking at my bright greenhouse.Weeds I'm not into.ha ha
    Expecting a knock on the door from Plod,the police Helicopter was hovering directly overhead looking at my bright greenhouse.Weeds I'm not into.ha ha
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. landimad

Birds in Greenhouse

My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is...
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is covered with wire mesh.
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is covered with wire mesh.
    My GH is a Halls cedarwood. The door has three horizontal glass panes, replaced with twinwall polycarbonate. These are easily removed in the summer. The area on the inside of the doot is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ricky101

Diy External Automatic White Greenhouse Shading

Oh cool now I have had a few visits to Hamilton and surrounding areas. Niagara of course and Toronto but so enjoyed around Hamilton and the people.. A nice place and loved the history..
    Oh cool now I have had a few visits to Hamilton and surrounding areas. Niagara of course and Toronto but so enjoyed around Hamilton and the people.. A nice place and loved the history..
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. luke_arnold

Green House question

Because we sailors always gravitate toward the red lights!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice