1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

WILDFLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN WHILE OUT WALKING

@Victoria that top picture is glorious - do you really have wild flowers like that? @Palustris - that's weird, I was just discussing with a friend a couple of hours ago about trying to introduce...
    @Victoria that top picture is glorious - do you really have wild flowers like that? @Palustris - that's weird, I was just discussing with a friend a couple of hours ago about trying to introduce purple toothwort to constrain my willows. He told me they are one of the few parasitic plants you can...
    @Victoria that top picture is glorious - do you really have wild flowers like that? @Palustris - that's weird, I was just discussing with a friend a couple of hours ago about trying to introduce purple toothwort to constrain my willows. He told...
    @Victoria that top picture is glorious - do you really have wild flowers like that? @Palustris - that's weird, I was just discussing with a friend a couple of hours ago about trying to introduce...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 5

THE UK’s TOP 7 HERBS..

There's lots of wild garlic in the woods near us
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

Wild flowers

The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

COUNTRYSIDE CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLANTS...

Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in Kent. Recently declared as a country park, the reserve...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. BB3

What is this please?

After reading your post I was going to say Woundwort as I had it in OH's garden in Norfolk. Then I realised there is a page too and it has been answered!
    After reading your post I was going to say Woundwort as I had it in OH's garden in Norfolk. Then I realised there is a page too and it has been answered!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Ben Reese

Help needed: Clay bed for wildflowers

You might have seeds that don't like lime or gypsum and your welcome.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. EMT

Wildflower Patch

Oh that sounds like a great idea. I’ll try that ! Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Drahcir

Primrose seed what/when.

Put a thin layer of sand over them and put outside in the shade. Older seed need a period of cold. Or you can put them in the fridge but I find outdoors works best. Always worth a try.
    Put a thin layer of sand over them and put outside in the shade. Older seed need a period of cold. Or you can put them in the fridge but I find outdoors works best. Always worth a try.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dowtish

Help needed - Bee balm, Wild Bergamot, Monarda

Cheers for the advice.Your Bee Balm looks amazing
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bear1

Meadow flower area

Yellow rattle suppresses other plants, thats why it is generally eliminated from grassland.However, the best way of proceeding would be to mow in late July, allowing the cuttings to remain and...
    Yellow rattle suppresses other plants, thats why it is generally eliminated from grassland.However, the best way of proceeding would be to mow in late July, allowing the cuttings to remain and return to the soil.This will limit the amount of grass that reseeds.Few grasses produce seed later in...
    Yellow rattle suppresses other plants, thats why it is generally eliminated from grassland.However, the best way of proceeding would be to mow in late July, allowing the cuttings to remain and return to the soil.This will limit the amount of...
    Yellow rattle suppresses other plants, thats why it is generally eliminated from grassland.However, the best way of proceeding would be to mow in late July, allowing the cuttings to remain and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Corystes

I've never noticed this with cow parsley

Thanks infradig, you've nailed it. central coloured floret, flowering period, even the curling in of the old umbels - which I hadn't picked up on. Weird that it wasn't mentioned when Googling...
    Thanks infradig, you've nailed it. central coloured floret, flowering period, even the curling in of the old umbels - which I hadn't picked up on. Weird that it wasn't mentioned when Googling hemlock lookalikes. More frustrating that my aging brain had forgotten all about it!
    Thanks infradig, you've nailed it. central coloured floret, flowering period, even the curling in of the old umbels - which I hadn't picked up on. Weird that it wasn't mentioned when Googling hemlock lookalikes. More frustrating that my aging...
    Thanks infradig, you've nailed it. central coloured floret, flowering period, even the curling in of the old umbels - which I hadn't picked up on. Weird that it wasn't mentioned when Googling...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. vbgr

Primroses for free.

Hi, it looks like I will have to compost them then. Thanks for the info. V
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Logan
    Like x 3

wild your garden with Joel Ashton YouTube videos

How to maintain a wildlife pond in winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. trevor.biggins

Identify flower from Wildflower mix

I agree it's Vinca (Perriwinkle) but I don't know which type. It isn't a wild flower, it must have been in the ground before you sowed the seeds.
    I agree it's Vinca (Perriwinkle) but I don't know which type. It isn't a wild flower, it must have been in the ground before you sowed the seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. luciusmaximus
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Logan

Making a half acre wildflower meadow

From start to finish and revisiting 2 years later.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. dogsbody

New bed

Hi,Depends on what you want, there are several online suppliers of wildflower plug plants if you want a specific layout. You could sow your own seeds for individual types of wildflowers and...
    Hi,Depends on what you want, there are several online suppliers of wildflower plug plants if you want a specific layout. You could sow your own seeds for individual types of wildflowers and then plant them where you want etc.Even Wilco have a wide choice of seeds, mixed or individual.
    Hi,Depends on what you want, there are several online suppliers of wildflower plug plants if you want a specific layout. You could sow your own seeds for individual types of wildflowers and then plant them where you want etc.Even Wilco have...
    Hi,Depends on what you want, there are several online suppliers of wildflower plug plants if you want a specific layout. You could sow your own seeds for individual types of wildflowers and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. justin249

How to Grow Mexican Bush Oregano

The Mexican bush oregano is a nice plant to grow
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. justin249

How to Grow Mentzelia Plant

The mentzelia plant also known as mentzelia blazing star is a showy annual with fragrant, star-shaped blooms that open in the evening. The mentzelia plant has satiny, sweet-smelling flowers...
    The mentzelia plant also known as mentzelia blazing star is a showy annual with fragrant, star-shaped blooms that open in the evening. The mentzelia plant has satiny, sweet-smelling flowers that bloom profusely from mid spring to early autumn.
    The mentzelia plant also known as mentzelia blazing star is a showy annual with fragrant, star-shaped blooms that open in the evening. The mentzelia plant has satiny, sweet-smelling flowers that bloom profusely from mid spring to early autumn.
    The mentzelia plant also known as mentzelia blazing star is a showy annual with fragrant, star-shaped blooms that open in the evening. The mentzelia plant has satiny, sweet-smelling flowers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Jocko

What a lovely little flower.

A close up of the flower may be useful rather than of the shoe. :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Michael Hewett

Mints

Thank you all ... I shall try to get Basil mint and Au de colone mint.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Jocko

Comfrey or what?

That's the baby :biggrin: Just the opposite to the thuggy one, it needs coddling.
    That's the baby :biggrin: Just the opposite to the thuggy one, it needs coddling.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Singular Mango

Mugwort or wormwood?

Thanks for your replies! I'm fairly confident now because of the taste, and the stems are going purple as the plant matures. I think wormwood also has a strong smell.
    Thanks for your replies! I'm fairly confident now because of the taste, and the stems are going purple as the plant matures. I think wormwood also has a strong smell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. clum111

Help with herb growth/growing

Thanks @Macraignil, for your reply. I'll start changing things about and start feeding them.
    Thanks @Macraignil, for your reply. I'll start changing things about and start feeding them.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice