1. THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE 2 MINUTE SILENCE
    IN MEMORY OF ARMANDII

Armandii's chosen charity was Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) - donations in his memory are welcomed, paid directly to the charity. Please ask a member of Admin for further information.

Dismiss Notice
We have a very sad announcement to make - please see the thread in the link below:

Please Click Here

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 4

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Liam G

Solved Help identifying weeds (possible Jap knotweed)

Behind the fence is just a small public pathway that very few people use due to it going nowhere. Thanks for putting my mind to rest of the knotweed. I'll get some glyphosate spray ASAP and cover...
    Behind the fence is just a small public pathway that very few people use due to it going nowhere. Thanks for putting my mind to rest of the knotweed. I'll get some glyphosate spray ASAP and cover it all. Cheers all
    Behind the fence is just a small public pathway that very few people use due to it going nowhere. Thanks for putting my mind to rest of the knotweed. I'll get some glyphosate spray ASAP and cover it all. Cheers all
    Behind the fence is just a small public pathway that very few people use due to it going nowhere. Thanks for putting my mind to rest of the knotweed. I'll get some glyphosate spray ASAP and cover...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Andy Manley

Solved What is this seedling?

this will be interesting it's identical to my seedlings of what I thought was erynigum or a cyclamen I too have them coming up in a pot which usually has contained daffs ????????????
    this will be interesting it's identical to my seedlings of what I thought was erynigum or a cyclamen I too have them coming up in a pot which usually has contained daffs ????????????
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ricky187

Solved Help identifying flies in garden

Thanks All. I thought they were Cluster flies at first too, but apparently Cluster flies overlap their wings when they are resting? But these don't.I've purchased a fly trap which I'll get out...
    Thanks All. I thought they were Cluster flies at first too, but apparently Cluster flies overlap their wings when they are resting? But these don't.I've purchased a fly trap which I'll get out there in the summer and hopefully that'll help control the population, as I don't fancy getting the...
    Thanks All. I thought they were Cluster flies at first too, but apparently Cluster flies overlap their wings when they are resting? But these don't.I've purchased a fly trap which I'll get out there in the summer and hopefully that'll help...
    Thanks All. I thought they were Cluster flies at first too, but apparently Cluster flies overlap their wings when they are resting? But these don't.I've purchased a fly trap which I'll get out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Loofah

Solved Not a strelitzia

If it's Acacia the roots will have a distinctive smell. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Haveabossday

Solved Weed help

Thank you. Need to dig it all up and turf it again. That willowherb pops up everywhere
    Thank you. Need to dig it all up and turf it again. That willowherb pops up everywhere
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Steve71957

Solved Is my hedge dying......

Thanks all for the info. I think I will try and plant some small evergreens in the bare patch areas in an effort to 'fill' out the bare patches, and see if that works.......
    Thanks all for the info. I think I will try and plant some small evergreens in the bare patch areas in an effort to 'fill' out the bare patches, and see if that works.......
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Max6389

Solved Rhododendron type

Hmm! Rhododendrons. I thought I had it sorted but now not sure.All Azaleas are technically/botanically Rhododendrons. But not all Rhododendrons are azaleas!There are named species as well as...
    Hmm! Rhododendrons. I thought I had it sorted but now not sure.All Azaleas are technically/botanically Rhododendrons. But not all Rhododendrons are azaleas!There are named species as well as named hybrids and cultivars. This is just a suggestion..based on the leaves, pink buds,shape of...
    Hmm! Rhododendrons. I thought I had it sorted but now not sure.All Azaleas are technically/botanically Rhododendrons. But not all Rhododendrons are azaleas!There are named species as well as named hybrids and cultivars. This is just a...
    Hmm! Rhododendrons. I thought I had it sorted but now not sure.All Azaleas are technically/botanically Rhododendrons. But not all Rhododendrons are azaleas!There are named species as well as...
    13F24709-9108-4586-8C5D-042CEBDB0D06.jpeg RHODODENDRON  CUNNINGHAMS  WHITE 12-05-2019 13-04-01.JPG RHODODENDRON  CUNNINGHAMS  WHITE 12-05-2019 13-04-08.JPG RHODODENDRON  CUNNINGHAMS  WHITE 12-05-2019 13-04-22.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Adam Moss

Help me with unknown spreading problem with driveway

I wonder if the water/waste pipe has collapsed somewhere and is pushing the waste to the surface? Is there anyone local to you that rents out a, drainage inspection camera.
    I wonder if the water/waste pipe has collapsed somewhere and is pushing the waste to the surface? Is there anyone local to you that rents out a, drainage inspection camera.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Janet mahay

Solved Whats this

You could be right maybe fever few as did have a small plant dropped by birds on the other side of the garden few years ago it only grew once and never came back but this year it looks like it...
    You could be right maybe fever few as did have a small plant dropped by birds on the other side of the garden few years ago it only grew once and never came back but this year it looks like it might have appeared on the otherside of the garden so easy sometimes to forget what plants look like...
    You could be right maybe fever few as did have a small plant dropped by birds on the other side of the garden few years ago it only grew once and never came back but this year it looks like it might have appeared on the otherside of the garden...
    You could be right maybe fever few as did have a small plant dropped by birds on the other side of the garden few years ago it only grew once and never came back but this year it looks like it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Selleri

Solved Mini angel's trumpet Eriolarynx australis or something else?

Well I was pretty peed off, as I definitely wanted blue! They're not even a pure white. Totally hardy, though.
    Well I was pretty peed off, as I definitely wanted blue! They're not even a pure white. Totally hardy, though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Snorky85

Solved Identification needed for tree

Sorbus aria Lutescens...common name Whitebeam.sorbus aria lutescens - Recherche Google
    Sorbus aria Lutescens...common name Whitebeam.sorbus aria lutescens - Recherche Google
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. beanybob

Solved Are these weeds?

They have a habit of flopping over surrounding plants, especially when fully grown and after heavy rain.
    They have a habit of flopping over surrounding plants, especially when fully grown and after heavy rain.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Flumpy

Solved Plant ID please

Only joking Pete, but thanks for the advise, we have a new garden and I noticed this plant dotted around the garden :)
    Only joking Pete, but thanks for the advise, we have a new garden and I noticed this plant dotted around the garden :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nigel62

ID this plant please

I was thinking portulaca...or something
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Selleri

Solved Hoverbee, hoverfly or hover- something

Don't they squash the bedding plants? I had some nesting in the skimmia...broke the branches flat:heehee:
    Don't they squash the bedding plants? I had some nesting in the skimmia...broke the branches flat:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. stumorphmac

Solved Root id

I think you are right it is a cinquefoil
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. martyn bromley

Solved Mining bees ?

We have them, and other species of them, in our garden and we tend to get on very well. They ignore me, even when I speak to them :noidea: (just like my wife :heehee:), and we provide water for bees and wasps. ...
    We have them, and other species of them, in our garden and we tend to get on very well. They ignore me, even when I speak to them :noidea: (just like my wife :heehee:), and we provide water for bees and wasps. A shallow dish (large plant saucer) with stones and slate at different angles so no matter the...
    We have them, and other species of them, in our garden and we tend to get on very well. They ignore me, even when I speak to them :noidea: (just like my wife :heehee:), and we provide water for bees and wasps. A shallow dish (large plant saucer) with stones...
    We have them, and other species of them, in our garden and we tend to get on very well. They ignore me, even when I speak to them :noidea: (just like my wife :heehee:), and we provide water for bees and wasps. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. martyn bromley

Solved Coreopsis ?

Thanks for your reply
    Thanks for your reply
    Thanks for your reply
    Thanks for your reply
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Victoria

Solved Two Giant Plants in Pots

I loaded the plant app @Texas Pete uses and it came up as Phytolacca americana which we had in Alabama known as Poke Sallet ... so up and away it went in the weed trug. I have never seen it here...
    I loaded the plant app @Texas Pete uses and it came up as Phytolacca americana which we had in Alabama known as Poke Sallet ... so up and away it went in the weed trug. I have never seen it here so some bird must have deposited it as they sit on the guttering above.The Osteo was planted...
    I loaded the plant app @Texas Pete uses and it came up as Phytolacca americana which we had in Alabama known as Poke Sallet ... so up and away it went in the weed trug. I have never seen it here so some bird must have deposited it as they sit on...
    I loaded the plant app @Texas Pete uses and it came up as Phytolacca americana which we had in Alabama known as Poke Sallet ... so up and away it went in the weed trug. I have never seen it here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Jasmine star

Solved ID please

I'd go more for gloriosa as there doesn't seem to be, well, filaments hanging off the leaves and yes, spanish dagger
    I'd go more for gloriosa as there doesn't seem to be, well, filaments hanging off the leaves and yes, spanish dagger
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice