Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 3

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Cardinal-Red

What is it and how do I care for it?

Stems left without leaves would be pointless Cardinal-Red so cut all affected stems and leaves to the ground :)
    Stems left without leaves would be pointless Cardinal-Red so cut all affected stems and leaves to the ground :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Paul Blackburn

Can someone tell me what these are

As there is nothing in the greenhouse during the winter I could put the pots in there.One other question the couple of plants I have are quite tall and have tied them to half a cane but I presume...
    As there is nothing in the greenhouse during the winter I could put the pots in there.One other question the couple of plants I have are quite tall and have tied them to half a cane but I presume during the winter months I will not need to do that.So I were to get some bulbs in the next few...
    As there is nothing in the greenhouse during the winter I could put the pots in there.One other question the couple of plants I have are quite tall and have tied them to half a cane but I presume during the winter months I will not need to do...
    As there is nothing in the greenhouse during the winter I could put the pots in there.One other question the couple of plants I have are quite tall and have tied them to half a cane but I presume...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lloyd

Anybody help with these 3

I think the dark purple one looks similar to mine, which is group 3
    20190626_164421.jpg 20190626_164341.jpg 20190626_164331.jpg 20190629_172321.jpg 20190715_071708.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Janet mahay

What is this?

Tesco's are presently selling small, very healthy Acers ...for about £7.00. if I remember correctly. Normally Acers are grown from seed. Special named cultivars are normally grafted on to plain...
    Tesco's are presently selling small, very healthy Acers ...for about £7.00. if I remember correctly. Normally Acers are grown from seed. Special named cultivars are normally grafted on to plain Acer palmatum.
    Tesco's are presently selling small, very healthy Acers ...for about £7.00. if I remember correctly. Normally Acers are grown from seed. Special named cultivars are normally grafted on to plain Acer palmatum.
    Tesco's are presently selling small, very healthy Acers ...for about £7.00. if I remember correctly. Normally Acers are grown from seed. Special named cultivars are normally grafted on to plain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ellen9661

Solved Identify large white daisy plant

@ellen9661 these are my leucanthemum (shaster daisy) as of yesterday
    20190713_115905.jpg 20190713_115905.jpg 20190713_165854.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl

Solved Wild Flower ID

Collins....Its a jolly good guide to British Wild Flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. docjohn

what is this plant that I planted?

I hit post too quickly. I was trying to agree that the serrated edges of your plant are the same as my balsam. This is the first time I tried growing or even having it. I don't think it would be...
    I hit post too quickly. I was trying to agree that the serrated edges of your plant are the same as my balsam. This is the first time I tried growing or even having it. I don't think it would be anything but an annual given our harsh winters.I like the flowers.At first I thought they looked...
    I hit post too quickly. I was trying to agree that the serrated edges of your plant are the same as my balsam. This is the first time I tried growing or even having it. I don't think it would be anything but an annual given our harsh winters.I...
    I hit post too quickly. I was trying to agree that the serrated edges of your plant are the same as my balsam. This is the first time I tried growing or even having it. I don't think it would be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. CanadianLori

Solved Some kind of thorn tree but which?

Thank you for this information. It's now a sure thing I won't be making jelly from these berries!
    Thank you for this information. It's now a sure thing I won't be making jelly from these berries!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. N.N

Solved Strawberry like plant

Thanks a lot for the link. Interesting plant. Need to read more to see what uses it may have and how I could use it. Apparently you can eat the leaves, the roots have clove aroma and it has...
    Thanks a lot for the link. Interesting plant. Need to read more to see what uses it may have and how I could use it. Apparently you can eat the leaves, the roots have clove aroma and it has been used medicinally but I guess more research is needed.Yeah it kind of make out of nowhere and...
    Thanks a lot for the link. Interesting plant. Need to read more to see what uses it may have and how I could use it. Apparently you can eat the leaves, the roots have clove aroma and it has been used medicinally but I guess more research is...
    Thanks a lot for the link. Interesting plant. Need to read more to see what uses it may have and how I could use it. Apparently you can eat the leaves, the roots have clove aroma and it has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. stephenprudence

Solved I have an unusual one here

Thank you. The stuff is clearly the bane of pond owners everywhere but in a wild setting like this it looks spectacular!
    Thank you. The stuff is clearly the bane of pond owners everywhere but in a wild setting like this it looks spectacular!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Bradshaw_John

Solved Mystery plant

Please can anyone advise if it is ok to prune the Phlomis Russeliana hard back after flowering as it does tend to sprawl and look untidy at that stage?
    Please can anyone advise if it is ok to prune the Phlomis Russeliana hard back after flowering as it does tend to sprawl and look untidy at that stage?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. cindy

Weed or not a Weed........that is the question

This is close to some Phlox but not actually next to it. Probably about a foot away. Its about 18" tall. Its grown up VERY close to a Hibiscus. Ive been loathe to pull it up until I was sure it...
    This is close to some Phlox but not actually next to it. Probably about a foot away. Its about 18" tall. Its grown up VERY close to a Hibiscus. Ive been loathe to pull it up until I was sure it wasn't going to be something fabulous. I also have another smaller version on the other side of the...
    This is close to some Phlox but not actually next to it. Probably about a foot away. Its about 18" tall. Its grown up VERY close to a Hibiscus. Ive been loathe to pull it up until I was sure it wasn't going to be something fabulous. I also have...
    This is close to some Phlox but not actually next to it. Probably about a foot away. Its about 18" tall. Its grown up VERY close to a Hibiscus. Ive been loathe to pull it up until I was sure it...
    20190710_084530.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snorky85

Disease ID's

This is always a teaser. Why? because over watering and lack of can often present similar evidence. Yes, I appreciate that suddenly seeing a marked, or damaged leaf. 'Oh my God, what's happened...
    This is always a teaser. Why? because over watering and lack of can often present similar evidence. Yes, I appreciate that suddenly seeing a marked, or damaged leaf. 'Oh my God, what's happened to my plant?Calm down. In the natural course of a plant's life, many changes take place. ...
    This is always a teaser. Why? because over watering and lack of can often present similar evidence. Yes, I appreciate that suddenly seeing a marked, or damaged leaf. 'Oh my God, what's happened to my plant?Calm down. In the natural course...
    This is always a teaser. Why? because over watering and lack of can often present similar evidence. Yes, I appreciate that suddenly seeing a marked, or damaged leaf. 'Oh my God, what's happened...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. cindy

Solved Virginia Creeper??

Hi @cindy had 4 of these growing on my pergola, really nice, I used to give it a feed with slow release granules when it started to show signs of life after it's winter sleep
    Hi @cindy had 4 of these growing on my pergola, really nice, I used to give it a feed with slow release granules when it started to show signs of life after it's winter sleep
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Snorky85

Solved I thought this was going to be phlox...

Wot u like Snorky?:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. SimonZ

Solved Seseli hippomarathrum

I think you will find this is Achillea millefoliumachillea millefolium pink - Google SearchSeseli hippomaranthrum flowers are very different.Seseli hippomarathrum - Google Search:Seseli...
    I think you will find this is Achillea millefoliumachillea millefolium pink - Google SearchSeseli hippomaranthrum flowers are very different.Seseli hippomarathrum - Google Search:Seseli hippomarathrum - Hardy Geraniums, Ornamental Grasses and New, rare and unusual perennials from...
    I think you will find this is Achillea millefoliumachillea millefolium pink - Google SearchSeseli hippomaranthrum flowers are very different.Seseli hippomarathrum - Google Search:Seseli hippomarathrum - Hardy Geraniums, Ornamental Grasses...
    I think you will find this is Achillea millefoliumachillea millefolium pink - Google SearchSeseli hippomaranthrum flowers are very different.Seseli hippomarathrum - Google Search:Seseli...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Aldo

Solved Is this ribes?

Yes, pretty sure Aldo has an edible variety :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Snorky85

Solved Hellebore black death?

No Snorky. Some hellebores are more prone to it but it’s not the same as black spot on roses :) You will need to feed your thinned out hellebore now if you want good flowers next spring :)
    No Snorky. Some hellebores are more prone to it but it’s not the same as black spot on roses :) You will need to feed your thinned out hellebore now if you want good flowers next spring :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Flumpy

Solved I D please

Awe thankyou soo much, you’ve been a very big help :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Marley Farley

Solved Anyone any ideas on this houseplant.? Need an I D

Thanks so much @Selleri thats certainly it.. She will be so pleased, she has been keeping it out of the sun and it obviously likes where she keeps it.. :thumbsup:
    Thanks so much @Selleri thats certainly it.. She will be so pleased, she has been keeping it out of the sun and it obviously likes where she keeps it.. :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice