1. Forum News
    A NEW PHOTO COMP WILL BE STARTING THIS MONTH more information in Photo Competitions Photo Competitions Are Changing!
    Please Support The Road Verge Campaign!
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 3

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. CarolineL
    Like x 3

Which Palm is This Please?

It's just the opposite here! After lagging behind the UK and most of Europe by a couple of centuries with regard to availability of ornamental plants, the supermarkets and sheds are now importing...
    It's just the opposite here! After lagging behind the UK and most of Europe by a couple of centuries with regard to availability of ornamental plants, the supermarkets and sheds are now importing 'exotics' from Spain, Portugal and North Africa by the thousands. Which probably accounts for the...
    It's just the opposite here! After lagging behind the UK and most of Europe by a couple of centuries with regard to availability of ornamental plants, the supermarkets and sheds are now importing 'exotics' from Spain, Portugal and North Africa by...
    It's just the opposite here! After lagging behind the UK and most of Europe by a couple of centuries with regard to availability of ornamental plants, the supermarkets and sheds are now importing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. miraflores

Any idea?

Yep, Ribes sanguineum. The species is a lovely shrub but quite short-flowering, couple of months max. Anyone know of a longer-flowering cultivar?Nick
    Yep, Ribes sanguineum. The species is a lovely shrub but quite short-flowering, couple of months max. Anyone know of a longer-flowering cultivar?Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nathan7

PLANT ID

thank you so much
    thank you so much
    thank you so much
    thank you so much
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. icehockeyuk

Dove’s foot cranesbill, Herb robert or something else?

Geranium robertianum ..herb Robert is THE easiest to id. It grows from a single root...the leaves radiate from it like spokes on a wheel. Smells just foul if you touch it...once smelt never...
    Geranium robertianum ..herb Robert is THE easiest to id. It grows from a single root...the leaves radiate from it like spokes on a wheel. Smells just foul if you touch it...once smelt never forgotten.Id of other tiny Geraniums is not easy...esp if pics are not crystal clear.
    Geranium robertianum ..herb Robert is THE easiest to id. It grows from a single root...the leaves radiate from it like spokes on a wheel. Smells just foul if you touch it...once smelt never forgotten.Id of other tiny Geraniums is not easy...esp...
    Geranium robertianum ..herb Robert is THE easiest to id. It grows from a single root...the leaves radiate from it like spokes on a wheel. Smells just foul if you touch it...once smelt never...
    100_1339.JPG 100_1345.JPG 100_1346.JPG 100_1347.JPG 100_1371.JPG 100_1370.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. P4ul_17

Identify this fragment tree, please

It's what he said.:dbgrtmb:G.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Leigh White

Solved Strange fungus

Agree new pics don't look like dog vomit, slime mould. I have a friend who knows his fungus...but who is away. When he returns I will see if he can add anything to this discussion.You can remove...
    Agree new pics don't look like dog vomit, slime mould. I have a friend who knows his fungus...but who is away. When he returns I will see if he can add anything to this discussion.You can remove it, but there may be spores/it may appear again next year. Don't worry. Fungus are not normally...
    Agree new pics don't look like dog vomit, slime mould. I have a friend who knows his fungus...but who is away. When he returns I will see if he can add anything to this discussion.You can remove it, but there may be spores/it may appear again...
    Agree new pics don't look like dog vomit, slime mould. I have a friend who knows his fungus...but who is away. When he returns I will see if he can add anything to this discussion.You can remove...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. RandyRos

Shrub? Popping up

or to see if its coming from a bigger root ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jenny namaste

Solved Plant seen in Croatia

Stunning plant @pete .:wow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. charliew50

Solved Are these Mouse Holes and How do I get rid of them?

We have Mice here and Rats. The Rats tunnel but the holes are Rat sized. I've found small holes like yours in my grassy areas and did think they were Mouse made but not sure. I don't think we have...
    We have Mice here and Rats. The Rats tunnel but the holes are Rat sized. I've found small holes like yours in my grassy areas and did think they were Mouse made but not sure. I don't think we have Voles, I've never seen any. There's a Mouse living in my old caravan. I do my acrylic pouring in...
    We have Mice here and Rats. The Rats tunnel but the holes are Rat sized. I've found small holes like yours in my grassy areas and did think they were Mouse made but not sure. I don't think we have Voles, I've never seen any. There's a Mouse...
    We have Mice here and Rats. The Rats tunnel but the holes are Rat sized. I've found small holes like yours in my grassy areas and did think they were Mouse made but not sure. I don't think we have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Selleri

Solved Giant Bellis/ Fleabane?

I've got Sea Breeze planted by the pond, they are so pretty :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. barryman

Solved Peony ??? or not

Hi @barryman they are both dahlias. I don't know which varieties I'm sorry. Dahlias get very robust towards autumn and then frost hits and they collapse (till next year, if dug up and stored).
    Hi @barryman they are both dahlias. I don't know which varieties I'm sorry. Dahlias get very robust towards autumn and then frost hits and they collapse (till next year, if dug up and stored).
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Selleri

Is this a Hazel?

Just for info...mystery sapling has small white marks on the trunk....Lenticels. Typical of Betula. Pics below to show leaf from hazel and alder. 1.and 2 Hazel......Corylus avellana showing hairy...
    Just for info...mystery sapling has small white marks on the trunk....Lenticels. Typical of Betula. Pics below to show leaf from hazel and alder. 1.and 2 Hazel......Corylus avellana showing hairy leaf stalk. 3. Alder..... Alnus glutinosa.
    Just for info...mystery sapling has small white marks on the trunk....Lenticels. Typical of Betula. Pics below to show leaf from hazel and alder. 1.and 2 Hazel......Corylus avellana showing hairy leaf stalk. 3. Alder..... Alnus glutinosa.
    Just for info...mystery sapling has small white marks on the trunk....Lenticels. Typical of Betula. Pics below to show leaf from hazel and alder. 1.and 2 Hazel......Corylus avellana showing hairy...
    Puu1.JPG puu2.JPG puu3.JPG Screenshot_20190721-115943_Chrome.jpg upload_2019-7-21_15-42-54.png IMG_20190721_154625.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Eden1

Need a few plants ID'd

They are possibly not big enough yet to harvest the leaves are still very green, it looks quite young growth to me so they may not grow much now until the end of the season.
    They are possibly not big enough yet to harvest the leaves are still very green, it looks quite young growth to me so they may not grow much now until the end of the season.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. ThePlantAssassin

Solved Annual ID please

School reports, at 40 I vaguely remember that term but not what it refers to... did they perhaps come on those antiquated things called pieces of paper? :old:There is actually an objective test that...
    School reports, at 40 I vaguely remember that term but not what it refers to... did they perhaps come on those antiquated things called pieces of paper? :old:There is actually an objective test that tells you if you're really old or not.Do you regularly use the term "youngsters"? :biggrin:Nick
    School reports, at 40 I vaguely remember that term but not what it refers to... did they perhaps come on those antiquated things called pieces of paper? :old:There is actually an objective test that tells you if you're really old or not.Do you...
    School reports, at 40 I vaguely remember that term but not what it refers to... did they perhaps come on those antiquated things called pieces of paper? :old:There is actually an objective test that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Who am I?

Clematis ID.

I inherited this clematis when I bought the house. We like it very much but no idea what it is. It's Flowering now. Any ideas?
    I inherited this clematis when I bought the house. We like it very much but no idea what it is. It's Flowering now. Any ideas?
    IMG_20190907_074112_crop_58.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. SimonZ

Fuchsias

Hi,Looks like its planted in the ground, so a hardy variety, then think it would be Dollar Princess...?Plenty of nice material to take a cutting or two, if allowed.Not sure about the pink...
    Hi,Looks like its planted in the ground, so a hardy variety, then think it would be Dollar Princess...?Plenty of nice material to take a cutting or two, if allowed.Not sure about the pink one, so many very similar.
    Hi,Looks like its planted in the ground, so a hardy variety, then think it would be Dollar Princess...?Plenty of nice material to take a cutting or two, if allowed.Not sure about the pink one, so many very similar.
    Hi,Looks like its planted in the ground, so a hardy variety, then think it would be Dollar Princess...?Plenty of nice material to take a cutting or two, if allowed.Not sure about the pink...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Berberis Artista

Solved Tree with sycamore like leaves

Yeah Ive seen that one woo.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. ridgiemum

Solved Popping seed pod plant

Oh and @Scrungee, thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Nikolaos

Solved What's this?

Think you hit it spot on there Nick. They are lovely. Funny, I have never had success with Marigolds here! :scratch:
    Think you hit it spot on there Nick. They are lovely. Funny, I have never had success with Marigolds here! :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Snorky85

Id For unknown tree graft

Will definitely keep all updated. It’s up at mums in lincoln (bit colder up there) so will be interesting to see how it copes in the winter weather.
    Will definitely keep all updated. It’s up at mums in lincoln (bit colder up there) so will be interesting to see how it copes in the winter weather.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice