Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 4

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Fat Controller

What is this pretty little shrub?

I do believe you are correct - thank you. What a lovely wee thing it is!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Joe Richard

Help please - why are there maggots coming out for my garden soil

@noisette47 I know the main drain runs across the road at the top of the driveway but that’s [email protected] Allen yes it would appear to be Nov/Dec time, usually we give it a pass as it’s been 1/2...
    @noisette47 I know the main drain runs across the road at the top of the driveway but that’s [email protected] Allen yes it would appear to be Nov/Dec time, usually we give it a pass as it’s been 1/2 maximum but this year 10/15 spotted so far. Seems strange as with maggots you expect to see several...
    @noisette47 I know the main drain runs across the road at the top of the driveway but that’s [email protected] Allen yes it would appear to be Nov/Dec time, usually we give it a pass as it’s been 1/2 maximum but this year 10/15 spotted so far. Seems...
    @noisette47 I know the main drain runs across the road at the top of the driveway but that’s [email protected] Allen yes it would appear to be Nov/Dec time, usually we give it a pass as it’s been 1/2...
    FAFEBEFF-6633-451F-A92F-9323568FECE6.jpeg 0ECFD168-ACFB-46CC-99FE-8EE19994CE35.jpeg 32B0415E-BBE7-4A73-880B-B5093378DBFF.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JWK

House plant ID

Thanks for the replies. My friend now remembers it is Curcuma. He saw it growing in Florida where it looked wonderful and decided to try it!
    Thanks for the replies. My friend now remembers it is Curcuma. He saw it growing in Florida where it looked wonderful and decided to try it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Appleblossom31

Solved Id needed please

You haven't failed at all.. I do agree they are small chrysanthemums and a big thanks for your help
    You haven't failed at all.. I do agree they are small chrysanthemums and a big thanks for your help
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Robert1976

Solved Weed. What is it please.

Agree......a weed...Euphorbia helioscopia......common name sun spurge....Leaf shape/margins are correct.Quote wiki. "Euphorbia helioscopia.......The leaves are oval, broadest near the tip, 1.5–3...
    Agree......a weed...Euphorbia helioscopia......common name sun spurge....Leaf shape/margins are correct.Quote wiki. "Euphorbia helioscopia.......The leaves are oval, broadest near the tip, 1.5–3 cm long, with a finely toothed margin...pics below.Euphorbia peplus......The leaves are...
    Agree......a weed...Euphorbia helioscopia......common name sun spurge....Leaf shape/margins are correct.Quote wiki. "Euphorbia helioscopia.......The leaves are oval, broadest near the tip, 1.5–3 cm long, with a finely toothed margin...pics...
    Agree......a weed...Euphorbia helioscopia......common name sun spurge....Leaf shape/margins are correct.Quote wiki. "Euphorbia helioscopia.......The leaves are oval, broadest near the tip, 1.5–3...
    IMG_20201112_104546729.jpg IMG_20201112_104555722.jpg EUPHORBIA  HELIOSCOPIA  SUN  SPURGE 24-06-2018 11-59-12.JPG EUPHORBIA  HELIOSCOPIA  SUN  SPURGE 31-08-2018 15-22-26.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Snorky85

Solved Poppy Identification

Oh i love them. Thry grow in the gravel between our house walls and the path around the house. They look so pretty and cheerful!
    Oh i love them. Thry grow in the gravel between our house walls and the path around the house. They look so pretty and cheerful!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Robert1976

Solved Mushrooms. Save to eat or not lol

I dont think anyone is going to tell you they are ok to eat.They do look like mushrooms but I'd not risk it.I know an old bloke,from years ago, who used to go out early morning collecting...
    I dont think anyone is going to tell you they are ok to eat.They do look like mushrooms but I'd not risk it.I know an old bloke,from years ago, who used to go out early morning collecting mushrooms. He kind of knew what he was doing.
    I dont think anyone is going to tell you they are ok to eat.They do look like mushrooms but I'd not risk it.I know an old bloke,from years ago, who used to go out early morning collecting mushrooms. He kind of knew what he was doing.
    I dont think anyone is going to tell you they are ok to eat.They do look like mushrooms but I'd not risk it.I know an old bloke,from years ago, who used to go out early morning collecting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sheal

Solved Not an easy id on this one I think....

Thank you all for your replies. :dbgrtmb: I think Silver Surfer has probably hit the nail on the head with Woodsia Alpina.It's interesting that you challenge the identity of the plant on the left side...
    Thank you all for your replies. :dbgrtmb: I think Silver Surfer has probably hit the nail on the head with Woodsia Alpina.It's interesting that you challenge the identity of the plant on the left side Silver Surfer. I tend to agree with you, but the only other website I can find with this banknote on...
    Thank you all for your replies. :dbgrtmb: I think Silver Surfer has probably hit the nail on the head with Woodsia Alpina.It's interesting that you challenge the identity of the plant on the left side Silver Surfer. I tend to agree with you, but the...
    Thank you all for your replies. :dbgrtmb: I think Silver Surfer has probably hit the nail on the head with Woodsia Alpina.It's interesting that you challenge the identity of the plant on the left side...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Appleblossom31

Solved Plant ID needed please

Thanks for all your help. The carnation was on its own in a planter, looking like it does now. Other plants added last week to planter
    Thanks for all your help. The carnation was on its own in a planter, looking like it does now. Other plants added last week to planter
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. martyn bromley
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nigel62

Solved What is this stuff

It is Nostoc commune a Cyanobacteria.Nostoc commune - WikipediaNostoc commune - WikipediaWe used to get it on gravel stones after rain in old garden in Wales. It was an area that had water...
    It is Nostoc commune a Cyanobacteria.Nostoc commune - WikipediaNostoc commune - WikipediaWe used to get it on gravel stones after rain in old garden in Wales. It was an area that had water run off after mucking out the goat pen...rich in Nitrogen. Vanished in hot , dry weather. It reminds...
    It is Nostoc commune a Cyanobacteria.Nostoc commune - WikipediaNostoc commune - WikipediaWe used to get it on gravel stones after rain in old garden in Wales. It was an area that had water run off after mucking out the goat pen...rich in...
    It is Nostoc commune a Cyanobacteria.Nostoc commune - WikipediaNostoc commune - WikipediaWe used to get it on gravel stones after rain in old garden in Wales. It was an area that had water...
    20201028_114222.jpg 20201028_114222.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jasmine star

Solved ID please.

Thank you for your reply Silver surfer:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Rafael

Solved Conifer name

Thank you very much
    Thank you very much
    Thank you very much
    Thank you very much
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ballyhack5

Solved Rowan tree - any advice re possible fireblight

Thank you for all the advice. The tree appeared to be growing well aftwr planting and has been well watered with our changeable 'summer'. I had expected the leaves to change to a golden autumn...
    Thank you for all the advice. The tree appeared to be growing well aftwr planting and has been well watered with our changeable 'summer'. I had expected the leaves to change to a golden autumn colour before falling off, but they were/are quite brown and shrivelled. Some leaves at the top are...
    Thank you for all the advice. The tree appeared to be growing well aftwr planting and has been well watered with our changeable 'summer'. I had expected the leaves to change to a golden autumn colour before falling off, but they were/are quite...
    Thank you for all the advice. The tree appeared to be growing well aftwr planting and has been well watered with our changeable 'summer'. I had expected the leaves to change to a golden autumn...
    IMG_20201007_110451.jpg IMG_20201007_110458.jpg IMG_20201007_110532.jpg IMG_20201018_131726.jpg IMG_20201021_102831.jpg IMG_20201021_102847.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Scudo

Solved Flower identification

That shouldn't be a problem (invasive species) as it has stiff competition as wife just got herself a jack Russell puppy ....it likes digging.
    That shouldn't be a problem (invasive species) as it has stiff competition as wife just got herself a jack Russell puppy ....it likes digging.
    DSCN7470.jpg ALSTROEMERIA  INTICANCHA  PASSION 15-08-2020 12-52-57.JPG ALSTROEMERIA 02-08-2020 14-21-40.JPG ALSTROEMERIA 15-08-2020 09-09-02.JPG ALSTROEMERIA 15-08-2020 09-09-43.JPG ALSTROEMERIA  XXX 21-07-2013 14-07-32.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. momo1103

Solved Apricot plant - disease?

Seen as it's just a babby I'd have it in a porch or GH anywhere not heated but sheltered.
    Seen as it's just a babby I'd have it in a porch or GH anywhere not heated but sheltered.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. momo1103
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Aidan mc

Solved Can someone identify this plant please?

Great....thanks for your quick reply.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Tabbee

Solved Spiky Green Fruits from a Vine

Haha it’s certainly very different!
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Jasmine star

Solved ID please.

I think that the danger of plants to puppies is very small compared to all the other things they can get up to out there! :rolleyespink:Enjoy your puppy. :)
    I think that the danger of plants to puppies is very small compared to all the other things they can get up to out there! :rolleyespink:Enjoy your puppy. :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice