1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Zigs
    Like x 19

Important Notice, Please Read

check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a lovely meadow puffball too.
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. greenasthegrass

Looking for help identifying these hedges!

Well Martin it's served it's purpose good regarding neighbours then the school mate and if your both happy there i would stay plus your doing a lot of work mate besides...it does add value like...
    Well Martin it's served it's purpose good regarding neighbours then the school mate and if your both happy there i would stay plus your doing a lot of work mate besides...it does add value like you say but also you and your wife are enjoying the achievement :dbgrtmb:You could move somewhere else and...
    Well Martin it's served it's purpose good regarding neighbours then the school mate and if your both happy there i would stay plus your doing a lot of work mate besides...it does add value like you say but also you and your wife are enjoying the...
    Well Martin it's served it's purpose good regarding neighbours then the school mate and if your both happy there i would stay plus your doing a lot of work mate besides...it does add value like...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. martin-f

Clematis id please

You've watched to much of Top gear...your brains in full gear i see :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. N.N

Unknown plants in my garden

Be careful handling the plants around it as they look like Euphorbia and the sap can cause wet blistering of the skin, doesn't affect everbody, but it makes a mess of the skin on my arms if I pick...
    Be careful handling the plants around it as they look like Euphorbia and the sap can cause wet blistering of the skin, doesn't affect everbody, but it makes a mess of the skin on my arms if I pick up a load of weeds with Euphorbia amongst them.
    Be careful handling the plants around it as they look like Euphorbia and the sap can cause wet blistering of the skin, doesn't affect everbody, but it makes a mess of the skin on my arms if I pick up a load of weeds with Euphorbia amongst them.
    Be careful handling the plants around it as they look like Euphorbia and the sap can cause wet blistering of the skin, doesn't affect everbody, but it makes a mess of the skin on my arms if I pick...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. SotonGardener

Loads of larvae

Thank you, your advice is much appreciated :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. trogre

Mystery Plant Growing in 3 Pots

V Peace Man :wub2: Marijuana :yikes:!!! Ha Ha. It does have a slight smell but definitely got hairy stems. I think you have cracked it as herb Robert ,Spider Plant. Thanks for your input and a score of 100% :ThankYou:
    V Peace Man :wub2: Marijuana :yikes:!!! Ha Ha. It does have a slight smell but definitely got hairy stems. I think you have cracked it as herb Robert ,Spider Plant. Thanks for your input and a score of 100% :ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Riverman

Variegated Pelargonium ID

Sorry for the late reply.Thanks for the links. its definitely one of the varieties with a reticulated pattern. I think its a zonal rather than an ivy leaved geranium. The mother plant had bright...
    Sorry for the late reply.Thanks for the links. its definitely one of the varieties with a reticulated pattern. I think its a zonal rather than an ivy leaved geranium. The mother plant had bright red flowers and was upright.I will post some photos when its starts to flower.
    Sorry for the late reply.Thanks for the links. its definitely one of the varieties with a reticulated pattern. I think its a zonal rather than an ivy leaved geranium. The mother plant had bright red flowers and was upright.I will post some...
    Sorry for the late reply.Thanks for the links. its definitely one of the varieties with a reticulated pattern. I think its a zonal rather than an ivy leaved geranium. The mother plant had bright...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. 2nd_bassoon

Purple flowers

If they are happy they're invasive weeds! I gave up trying to get rid after three years and resorted to cutting them off every couple of days as they emerged.
    If they are happy they're invasive weeds! I gave up trying to get rid after three years and resorted to cutting them off every couple of days as they emerged.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Tinker86

Is there anybody out there? Help..

Totally agree; most wise! :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. GardeningFin

Grass identification

Thank you Marley Farley :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Black Orchid

White flowering cherry

Thank you for your info and desire to help. The main reason why I want to know more about this cherry tree I just want to know if it is hardy enough to be planted in a big pot in Manchester...
    Thank you for your info and desire to help. The main reason why I want to know more about this cherry tree I just want to know if it is hardy enough to be planted in a big pot in Manchester area. Unfortunately when my Bird of Paradise became too big for my hall I planted it in a bigger pot in my...
    Thank you for your info and desire to help. The main reason why I want to know more about this cherry tree I just want to know if it is hardy enough to be planted in a big pot in Manchester area. Unfortunately when my Bird of Paradise became too...
    Thank you for your info and desire to help. The main reason why I want to know more about this cherry tree I just want to know if it is hardy enough to be planted in a big pot in Manchester...
    20180326_173056-1.jpg 1522244230681446752039.jpg 15222443014711181816354.jpg 1522244443368-1607954048.jpg 20180328_154355.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. PEANUTPARADISE

Plant ID Of Indoor Plant

Wow, thank you so much x
    Wow, thank you so much x
    Wow, thank you so much x
    Wow, thank you so much x
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. pigeon

Identification help

:youwelcome: Pidgeon :thankyou: for your thanks :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Moley

Any ideas?

Indeedy it is Moley.....lovely colour too :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. HarryS
    Like x 3

Cordyline ID ?

I think as Pete said 2- 3 years in a container before getting too big. My Cordy Australis is in quite a small container , looks very healthy and is not growing very fast. When I move it to the...
    I think as Pete said 2- 3 years in a container before getting too big. My Cordy Australis is in quite a small container , looks very healthy and is not growing very fast. When I move it to the large container , I will pot it up in a 10" pot and place this inside the large one . This may restrict...
    I think as Pete said 2- 3 years in a container before getting too big. My Cordy Australis is in quite a small container , looks very healthy and is not growing very fast. When I move it to the large container , I will pot it up in a 10" pot and...
    I think as Pete said 2- 3 years in a container before getting too big. My Cordy Australis is in quite a small container , looks very healthy and is not growing very fast. When I move it to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Scrungee

Scarlet Elf Cup?

I agree..Sarcoscypha austriaca, Scarlet Elfcup fungus
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. martyn bromley

Plant identification please

Many thanks for confirming the identification
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Irmemac
    Like x 3

Evergreen shrub with Small White Flowers

Well no harm in asking if your interested in either one :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. LivingInPuglia

Fungus on Peach Tree Bark

Well they say it aint doomed.;) All I know is mine succumbed in a matter of a couple of years after those brackets appeared.So dont get rid of it, just see how it goes, peach trees get all kinds...
    Well they say it aint doomed.;) All I know is mine succumbed in a matter of a couple of years after those brackets appeared.So dont get rid of it, just see how it goes, peach trees get all kinds of problems here in the UK, I'm guessing in Italy things might be a bit better.:)
    Well they say it aint doomed.;) All I know is mine succumbed in a matter of a couple of years after those brackets appeared.So dont get rid of it, just see how it goes, peach trees get all kinds of problems here in the UK, I'm guessing in Italy...
    Well they say it aint doomed.;) All I know is mine succumbed in a matter of a couple of years after those brackets appeared.So dont get rid of it, just see how it goes, peach trees get all kinds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. martin-f

Primrose ?

@martin-f found this info mate about foxgloves if it helps :)Foxgloves like a slightly shady spot and can be left to naturalise in open woodland where they form unusual drifts of colour. As a...
    @martin-f found this info mate about foxgloves if it helps :)Foxgloves like a slightly shady spot and can be left to naturalise in open woodland where they form unusual drifts of colour. As a rule, they are hardy plants and can cope with any soil unless it is very wet or very dry.They are fairly...
    @martin-f found this info mate about foxgloves if it helps :)Foxgloves like a slightly shady spot and can be left to naturalise in open woodland where they form unusual drifts of colour. As a rule, they are hardy plants and can cope with any soil...
    @martin-f found this info mate about foxgloves if it helps :)Foxgloves like a slightly shady spot and can be left to naturalise in open woodland where they form unusual drifts of colour. As a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Irmemac

Evergreen Shrub with Pink Flowers

Oh, I have "senile dentures" all the time :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options