Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 4

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Selleri

Solved Mini angel's trumpet Eriolarynx australis or something else?

They, the outside ones at least, look to have made some good woody growth at the base.You can try a sheltered position outside just as long as the pot doesn't freeze, if we get a cold snap put...
    They, the outside ones at least, look to have made some good woody growth at the base.You can try a sheltered position outside just as long as the pot doesn't freeze, if we get a cold snap put them under cover in the garage, they will be dormant by then so should be ok in the dark, just open...
    They, the outside ones at least, look to have made some good woody growth at the base.You can try a sheltered position outside just as long as the pot doesn't freeze, if we get a cold snap put them under cover in the garage, they will be...
    They, the outside ones at least, look to have made some good woody growth at the base.You can try a sheltered position outside just as long as the pot doesn't freeze, if we get a cold snap put...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. geoff956

Plant ID please

Thank you very much for your most helpful reply. Being only a casual gardener this is something I wasn't aware of, but I'm glad I've done the right thing in removing it. Much appreciated.
    Thank you very much for your most helpful reply. Being only a casual gardener this is something I wasn't aware of, but I'm glad I've done the right thing in removing it. Much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. SUFC

Hi from Leicester

MAYBE..Larix...common name Larch. Still very young. File:Larix decidua kz03.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
    MAYBE..Larix...common name Larch. Still very young. File:Larix decidua kz03.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Flumpy

ID please

Don't talk down about yourself. :nonofinger: I remember you being right once. :blue thumb: :roflol:
    Don't talk down about yourself. :nonofinger: I remember you being right once. :blue thumb: :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Nigel62

Solved ID please

Oh, ok then...I s'pose:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. shiney

Solved Tree Fungus?

It is usually a sign that the tree is in trouble and will be dying , however, the process can take a long time. We have an enormous Beech tree which an arborist friend reckons is well over 250...
    It is usually a sign that the tree is in trouble and will be dying , however, the process can take a long time. We have an enormous Beech tree which an arborist friend reckons is well over 250 years old. She has had a good show of honey fungus every year since we moved here nearly 20 years ago...
    It is usually a sign that the tree is in trouble and will be dying , however, the process can take a long time. We have an enormous Beech tree which an arborist friend reckons is well over 250 years old. She has had a good show of honey fungus...
    It is usually a sign that the tree is in trouble and will be dying , however, the process can take a long time. We have an enormous Beech tree which an arborist friend reckons is well over 250...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Pushkin

Solved ID please.

Artemisia vulgaris.I think it is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jasmine star

ID please.

Thanks @pete I'll have a look now :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Victoria

Unknown Flower / Leaf

@Selleri I thought the flowers looked the same as the Crassula ovata but obviously not the leaves. I am thinking maybe Crassula spathulata.
    @Selleri I thought the flowers looked the same as the Crassula ovata but obviously not the leaves. I am thinking maybe Crassula spathulata.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. xf8u39

Solved Plant i.d.

They can get quite large if potted on and fed regularly. Many years ago I grew one in a large pot sitting on top of an A0 (841 x 1189mm) plans chest and had to keep trimmimg the trailing stems to...
    They can get quite large if potted on and fed regularly. Many years ago I grew one in a large pot sitting on top of an A0 (841 x 1189mm) plans chest and had to keep trimmimg the trailing stems to prevent them obstructing the top drawer.
    They can get quite large if potted on and fed regularly. Many years ago I grew one in a large pot sitting on top of an A0 (841 x 1189mm) plans chest and had to keep trimmimg the trailing stems to prevent them obstructing the top drawer.
    They can get quite large if potted on and fed regularly. Many years ago I grew one in a large pot sitting on top of an A0 (841 x 1189mm) plans chest and had to keep trimmimg the trailing stems to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ricky187

Solved Is this a pond plant?

Thanks All :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. fred88
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jasmine star

ID please.

Snowberries were flowering a couple of months ago and the bushes round here are now covered with white berries and there's no trace of any flowers left.If it is a Snowberry on the other side of...
    Snowberries were flowering a couple of months ago and the bushes round here are now covered with white berries and there's no trace of any flowers left.If it is a Snowberry on the other side of the fence, then it will soon be on your side as they spread by suckering.
    Snowberries were flowering a couple of months ago and the bushes round here are now covered with white berries and there's no trace of any flowers left.If it is a Snowberry on the other side of the fence, then it will soon be on your side as...
    Snowberries were flowering a couple of months ago and the bushes round here are now covered with white berries and there's no trace of any flowers left.If it is a Snowberry on the other side of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ianto

Solved I think I've accidentally grown tobacco?

You can buy a varied collection of tobacco seed, the real thing. Most seeds that you buy which are normally called Nicotiana in general seed catalogues are ornamental varieties that are flowering...
    You can buy a varied collection of tobacco seed, the real thing. Most seeds that you buy which are normally called Nicotiana in general seed catalogues are ornamental varieties that are flowering plants.
    You can buy a varied collection of tobacco seed, the real thing. Most seeds that you buy which are normally called Nicotiana in general seed catalogues are ornamental varieties that are flowering plants.
    You can buy a varied collection of tobacco seed, the real thing. Most seeds that you buy which are normally called Nicotiana in general seed catalogues are ornamental varieties that are flowering...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Nigel62

Solved another ID please

Thanks for reply. Going to take it out before it smothers the tree.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. glengarry23

Solved ID Please.

Thank you folks for the response,..great information and links,..''Matthiola incana'',..thats most certainly what they are,..i must read up on them as the described blooms look promising.
    Thank you folks for the response,..great information and links,..''Matthiola incana'',..thats most certainly what they are,..i must read up on them as the described blooms look promising.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Fat Controller

Solved What on earth is this??

Ah, now that is a good thought! There are a lot of parakeets around here and around that park too - you may well have hit on something there.
    Ah, now that is a good thought! There are a lot of parakeets around here and around that park too - you may well have hit on something there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. shiney

Neighbour's Request

Sorry, can't say as I didn't take notice of it and Mrs S. has dumped the bin into the wheelie bin that goes out tomorrow. :noidea:
    Sorry, can't say as I didn't take notice of it and Mrs S. has dumped the bin into the wheelie bin that goes out tomorrow. :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. pete

Solved Grows like a weed.

Thanyou both, yes it does look like a possibility, but never seen it fruit, I usually try to get rid of it before that happens. The hedge down the road gets clipped a couple of times a year so I...
    Thanyou both, yes it does look like a possibility, but never seen it fruit, I usually try to get rid of it before that happens. The hedge down the road gets clipped a couple of times a year so I dont think that fruits either.
    Thanyou both, yes it does look like a possibility, but never seen it fruit, I usually try to get rid of it before that happens. The hedge down the road gets clipped a couple of times a year so I dont think that fruits either.
    Thanyou both, yes it does look like a possibility, but never seen it fruit, I usually try to get rid of it before that happens. The hedge down the road gets clipped a couple of times a year so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Jasmine star

Solved Could this be a rose?

Super, will do. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice