1. THE MAY PHOTO COMP IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS COME AND JOIN IN.. AWW GO ON YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE PERFECT PIC SOMEWHERE IN YOU!
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 9

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Monty33
    Redirect

Wedding Rose

Good morning @Monty33 well without more information such as petal count/true colour/scent ect/its very difficultAs our good friend @Loki has stated a lot come from Holland,I can give you a...
    Good morning @Monty33 well without more information such as petal count/true colour/scent ect/its very difficultAs our good friend @Loki has stated a lot come from Holland,I can give you a couple of suggestions from memory but that is all that they are,can you not get in touch with the...
    Good morning @Monty33 well without more information such as petal count/true colour/scent ect/its very difficultAs our good friend @Loki has stated a lot come from Holland,I can give you a couple of suggestions from memory but that is all...
    Good morning @Monty33 well without more information such as petal count/true colour/scent ect/its very difficultAs our good friend @Loki has stated a lot come from Holland,I can give you a...
    Replies:
    Views:
    N/A
  7. Angie123

Solved Shrub ID please

When the flowers are single it is easy.. Deutzia have 5 petals.deutzia 5 petals - Google SearchWhilst Philadelphus have 4 petals.philadelphus 4 petals - Google Search In this instance it was...
    When the flowers are single it is easy.. Deutzia have 5 petals.deutzia 5 petals - Google SearchWhilst Philadelphus have 4 petals.philadelphus 4 petals - Google Search In this instance it was the greyish calyx and the spike of flower that gave me the clues. Veins of Philadelphus leaves ...
    When the flowers are single it is easy.. Deutzia have 5 petals.deutzia 5 petals - Google SearchWhilst Philadelphus have 4 petals.philadelphus 4 petals - Google Search In this instance it was the greyish calyx and the spike of flower that...
    When the flowers are single it is easy.. Deutzia have 5 petals.deutzia 5 petals - Google SearchWhilst Philadelphus have 4 petals.philadelphus 4 petals - Google Search In this instance it was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Freddy

Solved Another one for ID please

Be patient. It will get bigger every year. Far too small to talk about dividing it. Think it is Aconitum napellus.File:Aconitum napellus leaf (09).jpg - Wikimedia Commons
    Be patient. It will get bigger every year. Far too small to talk about dividing it. Think it is Aconitum napellus.File:Aconitum napellus leaf (09).jpg - Wikimedia Commons
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Berberis Artista

Solved What is this shrub?

Just a thought .....Abelia x grandiflora. If you get flowers do please add new pics for positive id.
    Just a thought .....Abelia x grandiflora. If you get flowers do please add new pics for positive id.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mazambo

Solved Clematis variety if possible

Ah, sorry, I didn’t know that the woodruff was intentional. I love it, and I was afraid it would be pulled up with the Geum....
    Ah, sorry, I didn’t know that the woodruff was intentional. I love it, and I was afraid it would be pulled up with the Geum....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. 2nd_bassoon

Solved Clematis ID

Thanks @Marley Farley - my nana thinks Montana sounds familiar so that's likely it :dbgrtmb:
    Thanks @Marley Farley - my nana thinks Montana sounds familiar so that's likely it :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fat Controller

Solved Volunteer Sapling

Ta :) That will definitely be coming out then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Slokie

Solved ID plant please

I’d continue with forking them out, as that’s the best way to get rid of them for good. Why do you want to use weedkiller?
    I’d continue with forking them out, as that’s the best way to get rid of them for good. Why do you want to use weedkiller?
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jimcub

Solved I D needed thanks

I’m with @Silver surfer, We too have lots of greater mullein in the garden. The leaves seem to grow differently, depending on the soil. Where we have some goodness, yes they are thick, but when...
    I’m with @Silver surfer, We too have lots of greater mullein in the garden. The leaves seem to grow differently, depending on the soil. Where we have some goodness, yes they are thick, but when it’s growing in the very sandy area, they look just like this.
    I’m with @Silver surfer, We too have lots of greater mullein in the garden. The leaves seem to grow differently, depending on the soil. Where we have some goodness, yes they are thick, but when it’s growing in the very sandy area, they look just...
    I’m with @Silver surfer, We too have lots of greater mullein in the garden. The leaves seem to grow differently, depending on the soil. Where we have some goodness, yes they are thick, but when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jack Sparrow

Solved What is this?

I just love it
    I just love it
    I just love it
    I just love it
    IMG_20190515_135605.jpg IMG_20190516_120408.jpg VALERIANA  PYRENAICA 07-05-2009 15-46-23.JPG CENTRANTHUS  RUBER  COCCINEUS 30-06-2008 12-21-22.JPG CENTRANTHUS  RUBER  COCCINEUS 30-06-2008 12-22-21.JPG CENTRANTHUS  RUBER 13-06-2009 17-08-30.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sheal

Solved Some help with this please.

I used to work in a Deli in the East End in the mid fifties and that's exactly what it was like. Everyone used to join in the conversation. We also had to remember what the customer had bought...
    I used to work in a Deli in the East End in the mid fifties and that's exactly what it was like. Everyone used to join in the conversation. We also had to remember what the customer had bought and add the bill up in our heads. :rolleyespink:
    I used to work in a Deli in the East End in the mid fifties and that's exactly what it was like. Everyone used to join in the conversation. We also had to remember what the customer had bought and add the bill up in our heads. :rolleyespink:
    I used to work in a Deli in the East End in the mid fifties and that's exactly what it was like. Everyone used to join in the conversation. We also had to remember what the customer had bought...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Angie123

Solved New tree ID please

OMG..at that price you cannot go wrong. Bargain.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. kriss

Solved Er... me again!

It might be still be a weed/wild flower. It is possibly Leucanthemum vulgare.....common name Ox eye daisy.
    It might be still be a weed/wild flower. It is possibly Leucanthemum vulgare.....common name Ox eye daisy.
    AD8BB3D7-05F2-4E15-9A61-A58917FAAD75.jpeg 04C9B0D1-71C0-48BC-9418-285F2FC8EB47.jpeg LEUCANTHEMUM  VULGARE 19-05-2015 10-48-25.JPG LEUCANTHEMUM  VULGARE  OX  EYE  DAISY 21-Jun-16 2-21-18 PM.JPG LEUCANTHEMUM  VULGARE  OX  EYE  DAISY 23-06-2015 11-56-08.JPG LEUCANTHEMUM  VULGARE 19-05-2015 10-46-11.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. MAJ

A mint?

My id app says American Mint, but I'm not convinced... I'm not back in that garden to smell at the mo. Any ideas? Thank you!
    My id app says American Mint, but I'm not convinced... I'm not back in that garden to smell at the mo. Any ideas? Thank you!
    P1040732 (2).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Snorky85

Solved Forgotten what this perennial is

Ooh that rings a bell...i hope they are white :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Cardinal-Red

Next identification thread!

It seems an extremely well behaved for a Crocosmia or a Hemerocallis (Daylily). I lack a better suggestion though. Do you have a close up of an emerging flower stem?Foxgloves (Digitalis...
    It seems an extremely well behaved for a Crocosmia or a Hemerocallis (Daylily). I lack a better suggestion though. Do you have a close up of an emerging flower stem?Foxgloves (Digitalis purpurea) are, strictly speaking, biennials. Some can be shortlived perennials but mostly they just self...
    It seems an extremely well behaved for a Crocosmia or a Hemerocallis (Daylily). I lack a better suggestion though. Do you have a close up of an emerging flower stem?Foxgloves (Digitalis purpurea) are, strictly speaking, biennials. Some can be...
    It seems an extremely well behaved for a Crocosmia or a Hemerocallis (Daylily). I lack a better suggestion though. Do you have a close up of an emerging flower stem?Foxgloves (Digitalis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. SimonZ

Solved Candytuft-esque

[It may be a wild flower....Alliaria petiolaris..Thanks, yes it turned out to be Alliaria petiolata
    [It may be a wild flower....Alliaria petiolaris..Thanks, yes it turned out to be Alliaria petiolata
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. SimonZ

Solved purple wildflower

I grow the perennial species (L. rediviva) ; flowering now , pale lilac/white ; attractive ovoid seed-pods in the Autumn .
    I grow the perennial species (L. rediviva) ; flowering now , pale lilac/white ; attractive ovoid seed-pods in the Autumn .
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Nigel62

Solved Spirea

Yes it is Nigel ...you win :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Leanne2511

Solved What is this beauty?

Leanne2511Where do you live? I suspect it is not UK.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice