Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 4

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Nikolaos

Can anyone help me to identify this, please?

If it's feverfew it should have that distinctive smell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Upsydaisy

Solved Can anyone put a name on these please.

I don't like the scent but like the plant. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kegster

Solved Seed head ID please.

Looks fine for Fritillaria. Pics show Fritillaria meleagris.
    B886F3A8-C006-4A35-8CFD-7D4070D9E692.jpeg FRITILLARIA  MELEAGRIS 06-06-2010 11-51-35.jpg FRITILLARIA  MELEAGRIS 06-06-2010 11-51-55.jpg FRITILLARIA  MELEAGRIS 06-06-2010 11-52-20.jpg FRITILLARIA  MELEAGRIS 06-06-2010 11-53-16.jpg FRITILLARIA  MELEAGRIS 09-04-2007 15-21-35.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Max6389

Solved Plant ID please

Cordyline australis, a cabbage palm. Not really a palm and loads of info on the interweb about them. They actually self seed in my garden
    Cordyline australis, a cabbage palm. Not really a palm and loads of info on the interweb about them. They actually self seed in my garden
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

Solved Strange marks in the snow

A very useful book. Mammals of Britain. Their tracks,trails and signs. M.J.Lawrence & R.W.Brown. ISBN.0 7137 0659.
    A very useful book. Mammals of Britain. Their tracks,trails and signs. M.J.Lawrence & R.W.Brown. ISBN.0 7137 0659.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rustyroots

Solved These are popping up everywhere.

Thanks all. I don’t think I will risk eating it and will get rid of it. Didn’t want to get rid if it was something like forget me not ( no such luck).Rusty
    Thanks all. I don’t think I will risk eating it and will get rid of it. Didn’t want to get rid if it was something like forget me not ( no such luck).Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. shiney

A relation has asked for an I.D.

Thanks both :blue thumb:I thought about that but am not sure about the leaves :scratch:@Silver surfer I don't know whether you have any expertise in succulents? :)
    Thanks both :blue thumb:I thought about that but am not sure about the leaves :scratch:@Silver surfer I don't know whether you have any expertise in succulents? :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ennnceee

Solved What are these?

That's it, then! The Dieffenbachia is nice, although has been even better. Thanks all.
    That's it, then! The Dieffenbachia is nice, although has been even better. Thanks all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tetti

Solved Can anyone identify this weed please?

I agree. some we know who is a gardening enthusiast has a good app for his phone. He tried it around our garden and it got about 80% correct, 10% wrong and 10% unknown. Not a bad percentage but...
    I agree. some we know who is a gardening enthusiast has a good app for his phone. He tried it around our garden and it got about 80% correct, 10% wrong and 10% unknown. Not a bad percentage but it would rarely, or never, beat posting a photo on here :thumbsup:.My problem, nowadays, is actually bring...
    I agree. some we know who is a gardening enthusiast has a good app for his phone. He tried it around our garden and it got about 80% correct, 10% wrong and 10% unknown. Not a bad percentage but it would rarely, or never, beat posting a photo...
    I agree. some we know who is a gardening enthusiast has a good app for his phone. He tried it around our garden and it got about 80% correct, 10% wrong and 10% unknown. Not a bad percentage but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tetti

Solved What is wrong with this Skimmia Japonica?

I had a feeling it was that awful nursery none of us buy from them anymore ... how they are still in business is beyond me
    I had a feeling it was that awful nursery none of us buy from them anymore ... how they are still in business is beyond me
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Upsydaisy
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Unknown Plant

Going through my seed box I may have planted Hibiscus mutabilis (Confederate Rose) but don't think the leaves are correct ... and Alyogyne huegelii (Blue Hibiscus).
    Going through my seed box I may have planted Hibiscus mutabilis (Confederate Rose) but don't think the leaves are correct ... and Alyogyne huegelii (Blue Hibiscus).
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Davidna

Solved Can anyone identify this plant?

I agree with @pete , Aeschynanthus . Probably A.speciosus. Not related to Honeysuckle and not at all hardy. They're actually quite closely related to African Violets.
    I agree with @pete , Aeschynanthus . Probably A.speciosus. Not related to Honeysuckle and not at all hardy. They're actually quite closely related to African Violets.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Snorky85

Solved Is this a choisya?

I miss mine from my last garden. I don't think it would survive the low temperatures here.
    I miss mine from my last garden. I don't think it would survive the low temperatures here.
    C3DC2B8B-9942-456E-BDAB-14BA651AF4C6.jpeg C440D231-603A-487D-9A4E-D8A252D76E71.jpeg P1500499.JPG 136.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Victoria

To weed or not to weed ... ?

At this point I am giving a temporary award to Texas Pete for "Little Robin".Geranium purpureum (Little Robin) : MaltaWildPlants.com - the online Flora of the Maltese Islands.Perhaps it has...
    At this point I am giving a temporary award to Texas Pete for "Little Robin".Geranium purpureum (Little Robin) : MaltaWildPlants.com - the online Flora of the Maltese Islands.Perhaps it has blown out of the orange orchards which borders our property ... :dunno:Why Texas Pete?
    At this point I am giving a temporary award to Texas Pete for "Little Robin".Geranium purpureum (Little Robin) : MaltaWildPlants.com - the online Flora of the Maltese Islands.Perhaps it has blown out of the orange orchards which borders our...
    At this point I am giving a temporary award to Texas Pete for "Little Robin".Geranium purpureum (Little Robin) : MaltaWildPlants.com - the online Flora of the Maltese Islands.Perhaps it has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Kyla

Possible Succulent ID Please :)

Well, others might know more, and it will probably not do much for the next few months, but it looks like something worth having.
    Well, others might know more, and it will probably not do much for the next few months, but it looks like something worth having.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Victoria

Weed ID

Well it looks like the one I see all the time, so I would plump for this one, it can look a bit prickly but it usually isn't .
    Well it looks like the one I see all the time, so I would plump for this one, it can look a bit prickly but it usually isn't .
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Appleblossom31

Solved Plant id please

Big thanks all.. I have an empty new border.. This plant may be the way forward
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Max6389

Solved Plant ID please

@Upsydaisy we cleared out about 100sq ft area of foetidus a couple of years ago but kept the ones that had sown themselves around the garden. They look good through the winter.The others tend...
    @Upsydaisy we cleared out about 100sq ft area of foetidus a couple of years ago but kept the ones that had sown themselves around the garden. They look good through the winter.The others tend not to bloom much until at least February.
    @Upsydaisy we cleared out about 100sq ft area of foetidus a couple of years ago but kept the ones that had sown themselves around the garden. They look good through the winter.The others tend not to bloom much until at least February.
    @Upsydaisy we cleared out about 100sq ft area of foetidus a couple of years ago but kept the ones that had sown themselves around the garden. They look good through the winter.The others tend...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Kevin Cowans

Solved Could someone please identify this small plant for me?

I'd guess that one is Rosebay Willowherb, which I find quite attractive and it's also a valuable food plant for catterpillars of some moths (such as Elephant Hawk Moth), but there's only a few...
    I'd guess that one is Rosebay Willowherb, which I find quite attractive and it's also a valuable food plant for catterpillars of some moths (such as Elephant Hawk Moth), but there's only a few clumps of them growing locally.But I've only seen one butterfly (Green-veined White) on Great...
    I'd guess that one is Rosebay Willowherb, which I find quite attractive and it's also a valuable food plant for catterpillars of some moths (such as Elephant Hawk Moth), but there's only a few clumps of them growing locally.But I've only seen...
    I'd guess that one is Rosebay Willowherb, which I find quite attractive and it's also a valuable food plant for catterpillars of some moths (such as Elephant Hawk Moth), but there's only a few...
    image-1170569c-d3b1-438c-b1bc-b5101c6cc8e02473074956076708934.jpg 20201210_113406.jpg 20201211_110511.jpg gv white 2020P.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice