Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 9

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. kriss

Solved Ver-something!

Plants with just leaves are hard to id accurately. Hurray!!!!! Thank goodness that is at last sorted to your complete satisfaction kriss
    Plants with just leaves are hard to id accurately. Hurray!!!!! Thank goodness that is at last sorted to your complete satisfaction kriss
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jenny namaste

A silver leafed "shrub"?

thank you so much . I think it's Phlomis too - I remember it in their garden, A front of border shrub so it will suit where it's going. Dry - facing the sun in shallow ground. Off to plant it...
    thank you so much . I think it's Phlomis too - I remember it in their garden, A front of border shrub so it will suit where it's going. Dry - facing the sun in shallow ground. Off to plant it tomorrow, Jenny
    thank you so much . I think it's Phlomis too - I remember it in their garden, A front of border shrub so it will suit where it's going. Dry - facing the sun in shallow ground. Off to plant it tomorrow, Jenny
    thank you so much . I think it's Phlomis too - I remember it in their garden, A front of border shrub so it will suit where it's going. Dry - facing the sun in shallow ground. Off to plant it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sheal

Wood

Thanks everyone. :dbgrtmb: It looks like light or white Oak is the favourite at the moment but I think Pete's suggestion of Walnut is a possibility too.
    Thanks everyone. :dbgrtmb: It looks like light or white Oak is the favourite at the moment but I think Pete's suggestion of Walnut is a possibility too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mike77

What's this?

Great. Glad i didn't pull them when I was weeding. I will leave them be.Mike
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. kriss

Er... me again!

Definiately an Osteospermum.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. RandyRos

Solved What's this houseplant?

What you tend to find is that the new fronds break through the top of the cycad and lift the brown outer. The fronds will grow vertically and spread out to the current leaf shape later
    What you tend to find is that the new fronds break through the top of the cycad and lift the brown outer. The fronds will grow vertically and spread out to the current leaf shape later
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Spruce

Solved Ranunculaceae Quick question

thank you ... long day at work brain on a go slow ... really helpfulSpruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Simon Besley

Solved Please help me identify and save this lovely bush!

Thank you everyone! That's exactly what I'll do :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. tristanstartsgardening

Solved What is this weed?

Personally in my opinion its not a lawn if its full of weeds / moss ( I have high exceptions on how a lawn looks ), if you like moss and other plants in with your grass fair enough :blue thumb: , I be looking...
    Personally in my opinion its not a lawn if its full of weeds / moss ( I have high exceptions on how a lawn looks ), if you like moss and other plants in with your grass fair enough :blue thumb: , I be looking into what WeeTam said if it were my lawn though.
    Personally in my opinion its not a lawn if its full of weeds / moss ( I have high exceptions on how a lawn looks ), if you like moss and other plants in with your grass fair enough :blue thumb: , I be looking into what WeeTam said if it were my lawn though.
    Personally in my opinion its not a lawn if its full of weeds / moss ( I have high exceptions on how a lawn looks ), if you like moss and other plants in with your grass fair enough :blue thumb: , I be looking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. rogerp1970

Solved What is this weed?

Oh dear. Well that explains its resistance to everything we’ve thrown at it ...Thanks for the replies.Roger
    Oh dear. Well that explains its resistance to everything we’ve thrown at it ...Thanks for the replies.Roger
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. SimonZ

Solved Mosses/sedums/moorland succulent of some kind

Stunning when seen close-up like that ; a miniature microcosm in itself . Excellent pictures !!!
    Stunning when seen close-up like that ; a miniature microcosm in itself . Excellent pictures !!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. edsutton

Solved Can you identify this plant?

Wow! It's huge!
    Wow! It's huge!
    Wow! It's huge!
    Wow! It's huge!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wren1

Solved Id help please!

Coming back to this thread to say that they are selling 'Echinacea' in Aldi again and I am not falling for it again!
    Coming back to this thread to say that they are selling 'Echinacea' in Aldi again and I am not falling for it again!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kon

Solved What are these flowers please?

Hi @Kon ,Definitely Hyacinths. Give them a feed every couple of weeks until the leaves start to yellow. Don't cut the leaves off until they've completely died off. You'll have a nice show next year.
    Hi @Kon ,Definitely Hyacinths. Give them a feed every couple of weeks until the leaves start to yellow. Don't cut the leaves off until they've completely died off. You'll have a nice show next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. eddybaby

Solved Help! I've forgotten it's name.

Yes, think so Victoria.....seems you were really the first to get it. Well done :)
    Yes, think so Victoria.....seems you were really the first to get it. Well done :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. SimonZ

Solved Slipped my mind ... something beginning with p?

Could well be. Need to see the leaves
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Upsydaisy

Forgotten Bulbs!!

Oh wow @Linz ...... so glad to hear that I'm not alone :lunapic 130165696578242 5:. We'd better get planting :dig:
    Oh wow @Linz ...... so glad to hear that I'm not alone :lunapic 130165696578242 5:. We'd better get planting :dig:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Snorky85

Solved White rose

Indeed it does my friend
    Indeed it does my friend
    Indeed it does my friend
    Indeed it does my friend
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Mike77

Plant id

No it won't have roots I plucked a bit from the end. The seeds may take themselves in the pot. I can always go get more. It's growing near the local pub so a good excuse to go for a pint.North...
    No it won't have roots I plucked a bit from the end. The seeds may take themselves in the pot. I can always go get more. It's growing near the local pub so a good excuse to go for a pint.North facing wall is exactly what I'm after. That side of the house is pretty plain/ugly. I've bought a...
    No it won't have roots I plucked a bit from the end. The seeds may take themselves in the pot. I can always go get more. It's growing near the local pub so a good excuse to go for a pint.North facing wall is exactly what I'm after. That side of...
    No it won't have roots I plucked a bit from the end. The seeds may take themselves in the pot. I can always go get more. It's growing near the local pub so a good excuse to go for a pint.North...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Markymark

Solved What are these pests?

Have you tryed white vinegar in water in a spray bottle i had a nest of ants in the garden tryed many things to no avail i really prefer to use natural methods if i can , i read pure white...
    Have you tryed white vinegar in water in a spray bottle i had a nest of ants in the garden tryed many things to no avail i really prefer to use natural methods if i can , i read pure white vinegar can deter most insects away as they hate the smell so i tryed it and with in 3 days they...
    Have you tryed white vinegar in water in a spray bottle i had a nest of ants in the garden tryed many things to no avail i really prefer to use natural methods if i can , i read pure white vinegar can deter most insects away as they hate...
    Have you tryed white vinegar in water in a spray bottle i had a nest of ants in the garden tryed many things to no avail i really prefer to use natural methods if i can , i read pure white...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice