Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 3

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. CanadianLori

Good tree seedling or pull?

If it is Sorbaria (and it looks like it) then it is a thug. It suckers as badly as Rhus. It is banned in much of the USA because of its ability to spread
    If it is Sorbaria (and it looks like it) then it is a thug. It suckers as badly as Rhus. It is banned in much of the USA because of its ability to spread
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Green Knees

2 unknowns in planter

1. Agree willowherb ..there are many different ones. However not Chamaenerion angustifolium...common name rosebay willowherb...see pics below.Chamaenerion angustifolium - Google Search
    1. Agree willowherb ..there are many different ones. However not Chamaenerion angustifolium...common name rosebay willowherb...see pics below.Chamaenerion angustifolium - Google Search
    CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 22-Jun-08 12-22-47 PM.JPG CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 22-Jun-08 12-23-11 PM.JPG CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 22-Jun-08 12-24-20 PM.JPG CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 22-Sep-11 4-33-033.JPG CHAMAENERION  ANGUSTIFOLIUM  ROSEBAY  WILLOWHERB 25-May-12 11-47-45 AM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CarolineL

Which honeysuckle is this please?

I'm assuming the name comes from the young foliage? The flowers are rather different to the ones I saw, which had larger clusters (albeit still in pairs), and more muted colour.
    I'm assuming the name comes from the young foliage? The flowers are rather different to the ones I saw, which had larger clusters (albeit still in pairs), and more muted colour.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kevin Cowans

Can someone please identify these four Plants?

No Victoria, I'm sure I remember you being right once before.:roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. TheFitGardener

What Plant Is this ?

Thanks...now has flowers. Rhus typhina...common name staghorn sumac.Did you look over the fence to see if they have one as well?rhus typhina - Google Search
    Thanks...now has flowers. Rhus typhina...common name staghorn sumac.Did you look over the fence to see if they have one as well?rhus typhina - Google Search
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. polybear

Any idea what plant this is please?

It is one of the many species of willowherb. Recommend you get rid of it asap before it seeds.
    It is one of the many species of willowherb. Recommend you get rid of it asap before it seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Max6389

Plant ID please

The roots go down a long way so you either need to have had rain recently or to give it a good watering.
    The roots go down a long way so you either need to have had rain recently or to give it a good watering.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Max6389

Two plant ID

Thank you both for quick replies :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. will562

Lavender

Ok lovely thanks. I thought they would be fine and also out old garden with Lavender certainly had plenty of weeds!!
    Ok lovely thanks. I thought they would be fine and also out old garden with Lavender certainly had plenty of weeds!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. zebrina

plant/weed id please

Great, thanks
    Great, thanks
    Great, thanks
    Great, thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Emily Brookes

What is this?

you make a good point! :ideaIPB:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bradshaw_John

Garden replanting

Geum rivale.geum rivale - Google SearchIt might be a named one such as Geum rivale Lemon Drops.
    Geum rivale.geum rivale - Google SearchIt might be a named one such as Geum rivale Lemon Drops.
    IMG_5492.JPG GEUM  LEMON  DROPS 12-Aug-16 4-54-25 PM.JPG GEUM  LEMON  DROPS 12-Aug-16 4-54-58 PM.JPG GEUM  LEMON  DROPS 12-Aug-16 4-55-07 PM.JPG GEUM  LEMON  DROPS 12-Jun-17 2-04-44 PM.JPG GEUM  LEMON  DROPS 12-Jun-17 12-19-30 PM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Engelbert

Tree Identification - does anyone know what it is please?

Thanks for the bark pictures. Yes, I'd say it was Malus.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Janet mahay

Forgot the name

Sorry Choisya can be ruled out. Choisya ternata has one stalk with 3 leaflets
    IMG_20200620_164458.jpg CHOISYA  TERNATA 20-05-2013 16-24-22.JPG CHOISYA  TERNATA 20-05-2013 16-24-36.JPG CHOISYA  TERNATA 20-05-2013 16-23-36.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Simon McShane

What is wrong with my vine?

The black bits could be caterpillar droppings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Gary hutcheon

Identification required - chilli

I'm going to leave it in the greenhouse and see if anything becomes of it
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Kevin Cowans

A few more Plants for identification

Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply and the identification.Also, no need to apologise :)Kevin
    Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply and the identification.Also, no need to apologise :)Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Kevin Cowans

Could someone please identify this Shrub for me?

Hello @noisette47 and @Silver surferThanks for the replies and the identification, it is indeed as you stated :)I think I am almost done with the identifications, there are a few more but I...
    Hello @noisette47 and @Silver surferThanks for the replies and the identification, it is indeed as you stated :)I think I am almost done with the identifications, there are a few more but I need to wait for them to flower before I can be annoying again, not that I will wait that long :)...
    Hello @noisette47 and @Silver surferThanks for the replies and the identification, it is indeed as you stated :)I think I am almost done with the identifications, there are a few more but I need to wait for them to flower before I can be...
    Hello @noisette47 and @Silver surferThanks for the replies and the identification, it is indeed as you stated :)I think I am almost done with the identifications, there are a few more but I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Kevin Cowans

Could someone please identify this Shrub for me?

Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply.I have just been out and checked and there are actually four, or five, main branches (Trunks) so hopefully that will make it easier to train as a...
    Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply.I have just been out and checked and there are actually four, or five, main branches (Trunks) so hopefully that will make it easier to train as a Shrub.It is one of the plants I had planted last September when I had the whole Garden done, I have...
    Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply.I have just been out and checked and there are actually four, or five, main branches (Trunks) so hopefully that will make it easier to train as a Shrub.It is one of the plants I had planted last...
    Hello @Silver surferThanks for the reply.I have just been out and checked and there are actually four, or five, main branches (Trunks) so hopefully that will make it easier to train as a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Tomatolover666

Can someone help identify this plant for me?

Welcome to the forums!Sorry far too early. Please add pics when it has leaves. Not just first pair..proper leaves.
    Welcome to the forums!Sorry far too early. Please add pics when it has leaves. Not just first pair..proper leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice