1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Zigs

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 8

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Zigs
    Like x 19

Important Notice, Please Read

check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a lovely meadow puffball too.
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though, always butter & herbs. Oil makes it bitter. Had many a...
    check it with me first:biggrin: the nasty one is pretty easy to spot, doesn't have the pure white flesh as it sets spores early on. Giant Puffball is one of my favorites, never fry it in oil though,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Snorky85

ID please-possible hellebore?

found a cluster of these growing under an overgrown hebe. There had been a hellebore growing nearby but not 100% these are hellebore as the leaves look different to me...any thoughts? :) TIA
    found a cluster of these growing under an overgrown hebe. There had been a hellebore growing nearby but not 100% these are hellebore as the leaves look different to me...any thoughts? :) TIA
    IMG_0109.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. GardeningFin

Plant ID please

I need an echium in my life
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. johnven

Plant ID requried

My guess would be french bean.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sheal

Shrub id please

Do these help at all @Silver surfer ?
    08.jpg 02.jpg 07.jpg 10.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. trogre
    Like x 3

Yellow Rockery Plant

Thanks for your identification,it does look cute in the container:spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Elina

Some ids and info plz

I like to move shrubs and trees and also plant new bare-root ones in the autumn, say late October/November - that gives them time to get their roots re-established before they need to start...
    I like to move shrubs and trees and also plant new bare-root ones in the autumn, say late October/November - that gives them time to get their roots re-established before they need to start growing again. But again, take a look at this advice from the RHS which gives you a wider timeframe,...
    I like to move shrubs and trees and also plant new bare-root ones in the autumn, say late October/November - that gives them time to get their roots re-established before they need to start growing again. But again, take a look at this advice...
    I like to move shrubs and trees and also plant new bare-root ones in the autumn, say late October/November - that gives them time to get their roots re-established before they need to start...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sian in Belgium

can anyone identify these two plants, please?

Your first is Lucerne you are right. Used as a green manure by farmers often.Your second one could be Enchanters nightshade. If it is don't let it seed it will take over in a...
    Your first is Lucerne you are right. Used as a green manure by farmers often.Your second one could be Enchanters nightshade. If it is don't let it seed it will take over in a flash. Enchanter's nightshade/RHS Gardening
    Your first is Lucerne you are right. Used as a green manure by farmers often.Your second one could be Enchanters nightshade. If it is don't let it seed it will take over in a flash. Enchanter's nightshade/RHS Gardening
    Your first is Lucerne you are right. Used as a green manure by farmers often.Your second one could be Enchanters nightshade. If it is don't let it seed it will take over in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. shiney

Bug I.D. Please

They are ground beetles and they are good guys - they eat slugs! I have a few coming into house too at the moment - could be looking for moisture.
    They are ground beetles and they are good guys - they eat slugs! I have a few coming into house too at the moment - could be looking for moisture.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. trogre

Sick Bay Patient

Hi All. Thanks for your input. Got to admit Mimulus was not what I was thinking off. Interesting they are perennials not annuals so will let them do their thing then take some root cuttings before...
    Hi All. Thanks for your input. Got to admit Mimulus was not what I was thinking off. Interesting they are perennials not annuals so will let them do their thing then take some root cuttings before transplanting to a permanent position. Good tip about leaving 2 inch gap for water.
    Hi All. Thanks for your input. Got to admit Mimulus was not what I was thinking off. Interesting they are perennials not annuals so will let them do their thing then take some root cuttings before transplanting to a permanent position. Good tip...
    Hi All. Thanks for your input. Got to admit Mimulus was not what I was thinking off. Interesting they are perennials not annuals so will let them do their thing then take some root cuttings before...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Heucherella

Hardy Geraniums - help with names please

I also have a ton of them. thinned out a bunch last year, and this year. still they are huge .mine are just the simple ones. a great tough plant. I gave up long ago to trying to remember...
    I also have a ton of them. thinned out a bunch last year, and this year. still they are huge .mine are just the simple ones. a great tough plant. I gave up long ago to trying to remember variety names of stuff, too much.
    I also have a ton of them. thinned out a bunch last year, and this year. still they are huge .mine are just the simple ones. a great tough plant. I gave up long ago to trying to remember variety names of stuff, too much.
    I also have a ton of them. thinned out a bunch last year, and this year. still they are huge .mine are just the simple ones. a great tough plant. I gave up long ago to trying to remember...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nigel62

ID please

All in the bin, thanks for replys
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Irmemac

Beautiful Plants

Thank you all. I'm glad to have names for these plants. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. nikirushka

What are these please?

Self heal grows in my lawn; I like it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ariadae

A salvia?

Thankyou @zenj
    Thankyou @zenj
    Thankyou @zenj
    Thankyou @zenj
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. David E Peacock

Aster Plant leaf problem

I'm positive that you are correct! Thank you . . .
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Greenish

Do I have a potential 35m giant in a pot?

You split the words incorrectly :nonofinger: We always split them differently and pronounce them the way we split them :snorky: Silly Bum Mari Anum :rasp: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    You split the words incorrectly :nonofinger: We always split them differently and pronounce them the way we split them :snorky: Silly Bum Mari Anum :rasp: :lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Zigs

ID for a friend

Laptop I'd say
    Laptop I'd say
    Laptop I'd say
    Laptop I'd say
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. martin-f

Plants with no name Home Bargains

Thank you that's great to know, I will keep a eye on both types when they start flowering properly.
    Thank you that's great to know, I will keep a eye on both types when they start flowering properly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. CROF

Can you identify these?

Yep, I think the seed is slightly similar to look at as well, as I remember, Adenium is white and Dahlia is brown, I think.:scratch:
    Yep, I think the seed is slightly similar to look at as well, as I remember, Adenium is white and Dahlia is brown, I think.:scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Elina

Some IDs please

You only pay for expert advice, so once you ID it come back here for lots of expert help :spinning:
    You only pay for expert advice, so once you ID it come back here for lots of expert help :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options