Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 3

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. martyn bromley

Can anyone identify the variety of rhododendron? - I think it has yellow flowers

There are 1000's of species of Rhododendrons and many many man made cultivars and hybrids. Even with flowers it might be impossible to provide an accurate id. Even experts in Rhodos struggle to...
    There are 1000's of species of Rhododendrons and many many man made cultivars and hybrids. Even with flowers it might be impossible to provide an accurate id. Even experts in Rhodos struggle to id plants with the plant in front of them. Time of flowering, hairs or lack of hairs, size and shape...
    There are 1000's of species of Rhododendrons and many many man made cultivars and hybrids. Even with flowers it might be impossible to provide an accurate id. Even experts in Rhodos struggle to id plants with the plant in front of them. Time of...
    There are 1000's of species of Rhododendrons and many many man made cultivars and hybrids. Even with flowers it might be impossible to provide an accurate id. Even experts in Rhodos struggle to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. CanadianLori

Please help I.D. -Mum type flower?

Yes, @Mike Allen I did follow the link but it failed to tell me where to find product to grow my own. It is a good site which I also shared the link with my son. Probably pie in the sky for me....
    Yes, @Mike Allen I did follow the link but it failed to tell me where to find product to grow my own. It is a good site which I also shared the link with my son. Probably pie in the sky for me. But it's going to be a long winter...
    Yes, @Mike Allen I did follow the link but it failed to tell me where to find product to grow my own. It is a good site which I also shared the link with my son. Probably pie in the sky for me. But it's going to be a long winter...
    Yes, @Mike Allen I did follow the link but it failed to tell me where to find product to grow my own. It is a good site which I also shared the link with my son. Probably pie in the sky for me....
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Engelbert

Plant identification... Plum, Damson, or something completely different?

Hi they look like they all need some TLC lol well cutting back as regards the leaves they look similar to plum /plum family but not sure sorry
    Hi they look like they all need some TLC lol well cutting back as regards the leaves they look similar to plum /plum family but not sure sorry
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Reddwarf4ever

Plant originally from the beach at St Osyths Essex

It could well be Pete, but whatever the identity it's pretty. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

Solved ID for deciduous shrub?

Ah brilliant, thank you very much @Silver surfer I might go back and buy one as I bet when all the leaves are pink it will look fab. And the seed pods are beautiful arent they!
    Ah brilliant, thank you very much @Silver surfer I might go back and buy one as I bet when all the leaves are pink it will look fab. And the seed pods are beautiful arent they!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. SimonZ

Dwarf gorse?

Hmm! Interesting. Been reading up. Sorry not seen either of ones below. Where in UK are you?Ulex minor....Dwarf Gorse.map shows it mostly in S.E UK. Locally abundant. Acid heath land...which...
    Hmm! Interesting. Been reading up. Sorry not seen either of ones below. Where in UK are you?Ulex minor....Dwarf Gorse.map shows it mostly in S.E UK. Locally abundant. Acid heath land...which shows in your last pic with the heather. Flowers mid July to Oct. Weaker more sprawling stems. Spines...
    Hmm! Interesting. Been reading up. Sorry not seen either of ones below. Where in UK are you?Ulex minor....Dwarf Gorse.map shows it mostly in S.E UK. Locally abundant. Acid heath land...which shows in your last pic with the heather. Flowers mid...
    Hmm! Interesting. Been reading up. Sorry not seen either of ones below. Where in UK are you?Ulex minor....Dwarf Gorse.map shows it mostly in S.E UK. Locally abundant. Acid heath land...which...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. intel

Plant ID Please

1. Persicaria ..maybe Persicaria amplexicaulis. Could get to form a huge patch if happy.Persicaria amplexicaulis - Google Search2. Sorry but new extra pics do not help...cannot see any...
    1. Persicaria ..maybe Persicaria amplexicaulis. Could get to form a huge patch if happy.Persicaria amplexicaulis - Google Search2. Sorry but new extra pics do not help...cannot see any detail. This is your image trimmed .Hopefully you can see my problem. General pics are really hard to id...
    1. Persicaria ..maybe Persicaria amplexicaulis. Could get to form a huge patch if happy.Persicaria amplexicaulis - Google Search2. Sorry but new extra pics do not help...cannot see any detail. This is your image trimmed .Hopefully you can...
    1. Persicaria ..maybe Persicaria amplexicaulis. Could get to form a huge patch if happy.Persicaria amplexicaulis - Google Search2. Sorry but new extra pics do not help...cannot see any...
    20191019_125433_resized.jpg 20191019_125439_resized.jpg 20191019_125450_resized.jpg 20191019_125455_resized.jpg 20191020_101029_resized_1.jpg 20191020_101031_resized_1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. caskin

Solved UNKNOWN small shrub very orchid looking?Advice required?

Excellent idea to re organise your garden. Pots are a lot of work. Help is always expensive and jobbing gardeners can do more harm than good.No reason now you have a nice new shiny triple heart...
    Excellent idea to re organise your garden. Pots are a lot of work. Help is always expensive and jobbing gardeners can do more harm than good.No reason now you have a nice new shiny triple heart pacemaker, that you cannot go on working in your garden and getting pleasure from it for many more...
    Excellent idea to re organise your garden. Pots are a lot of work. Help is always expensive and jobbing gardeners can do more harm than good.No reason now you have a nice new shiny triple heart pacemaker, that you cannot go on working in your...
    Excellent idea to re organise your garden. Pots are a lot of work. Help is always expensive and jobbing gardeners can do more harm than good.No reason now you have a nice new shiny triple heart...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ockbrook_85

Solved Plant ID

Hi Silver surfer!Thank you for the links - they're really helpful :-) I had another look at the Lonicera pileata this evening and it does have a few very vibrant purple berries - I'll tidy it up...
    Hi Silver surfer!Thank you for the links - they're really helpful :-) I had another look at the Lonicera pileata this evening and it does have a few very vibrant purple berries - I'll tidy it up and see how it goes next year.Thanks to everyone for their help :-)
    Hi Silver surfer!Thank you for the links - they're really helpful :-) I had another look at the Lonicera pileata this evening and it does have a few very vibrant purple berries - I'll tidy it up and see how it goes next year.Thanks to...
    Hi Silver surfer!Thank you for the links - they're really helpful :-) I had another look at the Lonicera pileata this evening and it does have a few very vibrant purple berries - I'll tidy it up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Palustris

Dark brown fungi

The only Mycena which it resembles is M. leucogala. Will have another look when it is lighter.
    The only Mycena which it resembles is M. leucogala. Will have another look when it is lighter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MAJ

Solved Id this shrub from July time please?

No worries, I'm grateful for the response. Cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Retro51

Solved New on forum, new to gardening!

Thank you, I know you are a great bunch of people.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tree

Solved Can anyone please tell what tree is that?

Oops sorry. Didn't spot the date.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Christina Atola

Solved Can anyone help me ID this tree, please?

I do hope that our comments have helped Christina and her mum.Getting perhaps a bit sentimental, but I have always considered trees to be the Monarch of the plant kingdom. Why so? Because at...
    I do hope that our comments have helped Christina and her mum.Getting perhaps a bit sentimental, but I have always considered trees to be the Monarch of the plant kingdom. Why so? Because at whatever stage of their life, and in whatever season they are observed. Each one offers so, so much...
    I do hope that our comments have helped Christina and her mum.Getting perhaps a bit sentimental, but I have always considered trees to be the Monarch of the plant kingdom. Why so? Because at whatever stage of their life, and in whatever...
    I do hope that our comments have helped Christina and her mum.Getting perhaps a bit sentimental, but I have always considered trees to be the Monarch of the plant kingdom. Why so? Because at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. shiney

Solved Tree I.D. please?

Certainly do :), the photos I posted above came from one of his favourite haunts - Hatfield Forest (NT). It's only a ten minute drive from us and a lovely walking area.
    Certainly do :), the photos I posted above came from one of his favourite haunts - Hatfield Forest (NT). It's only a ten minute drive from us and a lovely walking area.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. shiney

Solved Another Fungi I.D. please

Edible!
    Edible!
    Edible!
    Edible!
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Green Knees

Solved Brown rot on tomatoes: ID please?

We'll they were going downhill.I'd grown the plants in the open, but when the temp started to go below 14c in the day, I put them under plastic sheet to keep them warm.They didn't like it......
    We'll they were going downhill.I'd grown the plants in the open, but when the temp started to go below 14c in the day, I put them under plastic sheet to keep them warm.They didn't like it... with the edges and ends of leaves going black and dried out.Just looked blight up and yes, I...
    We'll they were going downhill.I'd grown the plants in the open, but when the temp started to go below 14c in the day, I put them under plastic sheet to keep them warm.They didn't like it... with the edges and ends of leaves going black and...
    We'll they were going downhill.I'd grown the plants in the open, but when the temp started to go below 14c in the day, I put them under plastic sheet to keep them warm.They didn't like it......
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. HarryS

Solved Fungii Visitor ID

Interesting fungus.So photogenic.
    20191001_183510.jpg COPRINUS  COMATUS  SHAGGY  INK  CAP 06-09-2019 11-31-23.JPG COPRINUS  COMATUS  SHAGGY  INK  CAP 06-09-2019 11-27-01.JPG COPRINUS  COMATUS  SHAGGY  INK  CAP 06-09-2019 11-27-16.JPG COPRINUS  COMATUS  SHAGGY  INK  CAP 06-09-2019 11-31-36.JPG COPRINUS  COMATUS  SHAGGY  INK  CAP 06-09-2019 11-35-48.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Sian in Belgium

Fuschia identification

When I saw Sian's fuchsia photo,I thought of Riccartonii but the name just wouldn't come to mind. One of those flat brain moments. Perhaps in a sense of speaking. IMO the much beloved fuchsia...
    When I saw Sian's fuchsia photo,I thought of Riccartonii but the name just wouldn't come to mind. One of those flat brain moments. Perhaps in a sense of speaking. IMO the much beloved fuchsia has become victim of it's own success. For the gardener, the fuchsia is generally so easy to grow and...
    When I saw Sian's fuchsia photo,I thought of Riccartonii but the name just wouldn't come to mind. One of those flat brain moments. Perhaps in a sense of speaking. IMO the much beloved fuchsia has become victim of it's own success. For the...
    When I saw Sian's fuchsia photo,I thought of Riccartonii but the name just wouldn't come to mind. One of those flat brain moments. Perhaps in a sense of speaking. IMO the much beloved fuchsia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. blackstart

Solved Sussex plant ID

longk that is interesting to hear. We had a Paulownia...Foxglove tree...fab flowers/loved it.......yes masses of seed. But never found any that had germinated. Maybe soil conditions were not...
    longk that is interesting to hear. We had a Paulownia...Foxglove tree...fab flowers/loved it.......yes masses of seed. But never found any that had germinated. Maybe soil conditions were not right. Read that.....The species is hermaphrodite (has both male and female organs). The plant is...
    longk that is interesting to hear. We had a Paulownia...Foxglove tree...fab flowers/loved it.......yes masses of seed. But never found any that had germinated. Maybe soil conditions were not right. Read that.....The species is hermaphrodite (has...
    longk that is interesting to hear. We had a Paulownia...Foxglove tree...fab flowers/loved it.......yes masses of seed. But never found any that had germinated. Maybe soil conditions were not...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice