1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 6

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Angie Jones (nut)

Solved ID confirmation please

Thanks Silver Surfer, I thought they were but lost confidence just before I planted them
    Thanks Silver Surfer, I thought they were but lost confidence just before I planted them
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Victoria

Solved Plant or Weed?

You are welcome ... enjoy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. zebrina

Solved Spiraea?

Excellent, thanks. 15cm seems quite drastic given that it's over a meter high.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Clare G

Which white campanula is this please?

Presume pic here/above is the one from Beth Chatto site. Leaves seem very different to those in your original post. Leaves above are jagged.Campanula poscharskyana frost - The Beth Chatto...
    Presume pic here/above is the one from Beth Chatto site. Leaves seem very different to those in your original post. Leaves above are jagged.Campanula poscharskyana frost - The Beth Chatto GardensCampanula are not easy to id.
    Presume pic here/above is the one from Beth Chatto site. Leaves seem very different to those in your original post. Leaves above are jagged.Campanula poscharskyana frost - The Beth Chatto GardensCampanula are not easy to id.
    Presume pic here/above is the one from Beth Chatto site. Leaves seem very different to those in your original post. Leaves above are jagged.Campanula poscharskyana frost - The Beth Chatto...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

Solved ID please?

I'm sure it'll be fine if it has a bit of room. They're easy shrubs on the whole :)
    I'm sure it'll be fine if it has a bit of room. They're easy shrubs on the whole :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. 43576

Solved What this flower called?

Something similar which I find a bit easier is Malope. You can sow them outside in autumn and they flower early summer.
    Something similar which I find a bit easier is Malope. You can sow them outside in autumn and they flower early summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kevin Cowans

Solved What Weed is this?

HelloThanks for all the Replies, it is appreciated,I see endless Weeding ahead of Me, Oh Joy :sad:Kevin
    HelloThanks for all the Replies, it is appreciated,I see endless Weeding ahead of Me, Oh Joy :sad:Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl

I D Please

How about this, Limnanthes douglasii Limnanthes douglasii - poached egg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. HousePlantHermit

Solved Is this an orchid? What kind?

Hi,Its a Dendrobium and looks a rather old but healthy plant.They do look good when in full flower but not the best looking thing the rest of the time imho.Generally, as with most Orchids,...
    Hi,Its a Dendrobium and looks a rather old but healthy plant.They do look good when in full flower but not the best looking thing the rest of the time imho.Generally, as with most Orchids, water by flushing through as they do not like to sit cold and wet, you will see the living roots turn...
    Hi,Its a Dendrobium and looks a rather old but healthy plant.They do look good when in full flower but not the best looking thing the rest of the time imho.Generally, as with most Orchids, water by flushing through as they do not like to...
    Hi,Its a Dendrobium and looks a rather old but healthy plant.They do look good when in full flower but not the best looking thing the rest of the time imho.Generally, as with most Orchids,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. vbgr

Solved Beetles in mung beans

Yes but, whole foods online would have refunded (£10. 38 ) had I “ given them the chance to make it up to me’ but I do feel it was for the best as there is a problem in one of the entry ports...
    Yes but, whole foods online would have refunded (£10. 38 ) had I “ given them the chance to make it up to me’ but I do feel it was for the best as there is a problem in one of the entry ports bringing goods in from China. V
    Yes but, whole foods online would have refunded (£10. 38 ) had I “ given them the chance to make it up to me’ but I do feel it was for the best as there is a problem in one of the entry ports bringing goods in from China. V
    Yes but, whole foods online would have refunded (£10. 38 ) had I “ given them the chance to make it up to me’ but I do feel it was for the best as there is a problem in one of the entry ports...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jowo

Solved Identification please

Well after all these suggestions, I'll be sure to put you out of your misery!! It's looking quite healthy so hopefully it will flower this year many thanks
    Well after all these suggestions, I'll be sure to put you out of your misery!! It's looking quite healthy so hopefully it will flower this year many thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Weezy

Solved Help identifying this tree…

Looks like a Camelia. Its obviously not a weed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. MoonBasket

Solved Please identify these little plants I was given!

I'm pretty sure E is Sedum spectabile ( now called Hylotelephium), not Cerinthe as this has smooth edges to the leaves. C might be phlox but I'm not sure. A may be Tellima and D campanula perhaps?
    I'm pretty sure E is Sedum spectabile ( now called Hylotelephium), not Cerinthe as this has smooth edges to the leaves. C might be phlox but I'm not sure. A may be Tellima and D campanula perhaps?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Bear1

Solved What is it and can I propagate

Hi looked it up Hypericum can be propagated by seed, division, or by taking softwood cuttings. By Seed To propagate by seed, sow seeds any time from mid-spring to early autumn. Make sure the bed...
    Hi looked it up Hypericum can be propagated by seed, division, or by taking softwood cuttings. By Seed To propagate by seed, sow seeds any time from mid-spring to early autumn. Make sure the bed is well-dug and weed-free, and the surface soil is crumbly in texture. Space the seeds around 0.5m...
    Hi looked it up Hypericum can be propagated by seed, division, or by taking softwood cuttings. By Seed To propagate by seed, sow seeds any time from mid-spring to early autumn. Make sure the bed is well-dug and weed-free, and the surface soil is...
    Hi looked it up Hypericum can be propagated by seed, division, or by taking softwood cuttings. By Seed To propagate by seed, sow seeds any time from mid-spring to early autumn. Make sure the bed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. zebrina

Solved IDs please

I'd have said that the second one is probably Pieris.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Sheal
    Like x 3

Solved An alternative kind of identification...

Well done @The Buddleja Garden, you're spot on! :thumbsup: The picture isn't mine but I imagine the pun was intended. :) A smaller version below that may be easier for others to work out.
    Well done @The Buddleja Garden, you're spot on! :thumbsup: The picture isn't mine but I imagine the pun was intended. :) A smaller version below that may be easier for others to work out.
    00.jpg biggrin.gif upload_2023-12-15_23-40-46.png 00.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Nigel62

Solved ID please

Not all Sarcococca have black berries. Some have red! One of my favourite plants. The scent is fab. Super glossy evergreen leaves, compact growing. I have given many as gifts to friends and...
    Not all Sarcococca have black berries. Some have red! One of my favourite plants. The scent is fab. Super glossy evergreen leaves, compact growing. I have given many as gifts to friends and advised them to plant it near to the front or back door.However in spite of planting every sp and named...
    Not all Sarcococca have black berries. Some have red! One of my favourite plants. The scent is fab. Super glossy evergreen leaves, compact growing. I have given many as gifts to friends and advised them to plant it near to the front or back...
    Not all Sarcococca have black berries. Some have red! One of my favourite plants. The scent is fab. Super glossy evergreen leaves, compact growing. I have given many as gifts to friends and...
    1.jpg SARCOCOCCA  HOOKERIANA 27-01-2007 12-12-38.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Sian in Belgium

Solved A pretty cream-coloured autumn daisy-like flower? - solved!

That looks about right. The flowering period and growth description are both underestimates though! I wonder if I can lift clumps when it has gone dormant, to reduce its expanse in its current...
    That looks about right. The flowering period and growth description are both underestimates though! I wonder if I can lift clumps when it has gone dormant, to reduce its expanse in its current location, and introduce a little late colour elsewhere. Nowt to lose by trying?
    That looks about right. The flowering period and growth description are both underestimates though! I wonder if I can lift clumps when it has gone dormant, to reduce its expanse in its current location, and introduce a little late colour...
    That looks about right. The flowering period and growth description are both underestimates though! I wonder if I can lift clumps when it has gone dormant, to reduce its expanse in its current...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. karaman

Solved What does this to my plant leaves? its driving me nuts, i cant catch critter!

thank you both for reply, will buy neem oil a.s.a.p. ; thanks for the tip, much appreciated- karaman
    thank you both for reply, will buy neem oil a.s.a.p. ; thanks for the tip, much appreciated- karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Sheal

Solved What is this please?

Thank you all! :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice