1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. steven118

mystery shrub

Thank you JackoFish. Just what I needed to know. It's been a very mild winter. And if I prune it after flowering, hopefully next year it will be a bit less straggly too.
    Thank you JackoFish. Just what I needed to know. It's been a very mild winter. And if I prune it after flowering, hopefully next year it will be a bit less straggly too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. trogre

Small Plant ID Please

Thank you Silver Surfer & Stumorphmac for your replies.Better still it is a perennial,I will harden it off just to be safe as I do not know if it has come straight out of greenhouse.
    Thank you Silver Surfer & Stumorphmac for your replies.Better still it is a perennial,I will harden it off just to be safe as I do not know if it has come straight out of greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. joolz68

I.D please

Germander speedwell is Veronica chamaedrys and is a native British wild flower, so possible.
    Germander speedwell is Veronica chamaedrys and is a native British wild flower, so possible.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. merleworld

Long shot I know ...

Canabis plants do not regrow. Once tyou have had a harvest that is it
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jo Sara

Daffodil ID, please

I've never seen multi head daffs before, they look great. I'll look out for them. Thanks
    I've never seen multi head daffs before, they look great. I'll look out for them. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Paladin

Friend or Foe?

Well I'm always liberating plants from places I visit or work at and may well have forgotten:redface:......so it's any bodies guess:WINK1: I will be moving it to various places in my plot though.
    Well I'm always liberating plants from places I visit or work at and may well have forgotten:redface:......so it's any bodies guess:WINK1: I will be moving it to various places in my plot though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. karl

Please can you help identify these two plants

Don't prune the clematis yet (the top picture) as it's covered with buds. You'll get a fantastic display in a month's time!
    Don't prune the clematis yet (the top picture) as it's covered with buds. You'll get a fantastic display in a month's time!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. xNattyx

What is this?

Yep, Lysimachia/Loosestrife :dbgrtmb: :dancy:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mick

Help 2

yes thats what i thought it was, :ThankYou:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Barbara.K

Weed?

Could be Enchanter's Nightshade seedlings..
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. harry123

Morning walk in the garden...

ive uploaded a few more pics of picture 3 above there seems to bit a of confusion hope it helps.
    ive uploaded a few more pics of picture 3 above there seems to bit a of confusion hope it helps.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jungle Jane

Shrub ID Please?

Aha! It's a Portugeuse Laurel! :ideaIPB: The red tinges to the Leaf stalks give it away- couldn't see them in the previous photos. It should grow for you, I'd give it plenty of water as it was pot bound...
    Aha! It's a Portugeuse Laurel! :ideaIPB: The red tinges to the Leaf stalks give it away- couldn't see them in the previous photos. It should grow for you, I'd give it plenty of water as it was pot bound and it'll soon get growing!
    Aha! It's a Portugeuse Laurel! :ideaIPB: The red tinges to the Leaf stalks give it away- couldn't see them in the previous photos. It should grow for you, I'd give it plenty of water as it was pot bound and it'll soon get growing!
    Aha! It's a Portugeuse Laurel! :ideaIPB: The red tinges to the Leaf stalks give it away- couldn't see them in the previous photos. It should grow for you, I'd give it plenty of water as it was pot bound...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. twig

Some more plants needing id please

They do like the soil to be on the acidic side. If you can let us know what sort of soil it's in that would be useful :)
    They do like the soil to be on the acidic side. If you can let us know what sort of soil it's in that would be useful :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. twig

Even more plants needing id please (second thread)

I agree with all here too except think I would look towards Nerines myself as all my Crinum bulbs are much bigger... :scratch:
    I agree with all here too except think I would look towards Nerines myself as all my Crinum bulbs are much bigger... :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jodie

Mothers Day flower ID

OK, thank you :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. twig

Last lot of IDs before tomorrow

Hi Twig, I'm pretty certain it is Kniphofia, they don't really die down in winter like other herbaceous plants and if it's growing in a sheltered spot against that wall I wouldn't be at all...
    Hi Twig, I'm pretty certain it is Kniphofia, they don't really die down in winter like other herbaceous plants and if it's growing in a sheltered spot against that wall I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that much growth at this time of year. Looking closely at the picture, it has the right...
    Hi Twig, I'm pretty certain it is Kniphofia, they don't really die down in winter like other herbaceous plants and if it's growing in a sheltered spot against that wall I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that much growth at this time of year....
    Hi Twig, I'm pretty certain it is Kniphofia, they don't really die down in winter like other herbaceous plants and if it's growing in a sheltered spot against that wall I wouldn't be at all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. twig

Can anyone help? - the other plants

Not years, just interest. You will be pleasantly surprised at how quickly you pick up on names of plants etc. when you are interested in them.
    Not years, just interest. You will be pleasantly surprised at how quickly you pick up on names of plants etc. when you are interested in them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. twig

Can anyone help? Several plant identifications needed by Tuesday!

wow - thank you everyone for your replies. That is fantastic to now know what the plants are. What a knowledgeable and helpful bunch you are! . I shall let the lady i am gardening for know...
    wow - thank you everyone for your replies. That is fantastic to now know what the plants are. What a knowledgeable and helpful bunch you are! . I shall let the lady i am gardening for know tomorrow, and it's just nice to know what they are myself too. Great stuff!
    wow - thank you everyone for your replies. That is fantastic to now know what the plants are. What a knowledgeable and helpful bunch you are! . I shall let the lady i am gardening for know tomorrow, and it's just nice to know what they are myself...
    wow - thank you everyone for your replies. That is fantastic to now know what the plants are. What a knowledgeable and helpful bunch you are! . I shall let the lady i am gardening for know...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. shiney

ID Please?

They look like rhododendron to me but I could be wrong. Mrs Chopper
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Resonate

can anyone tell me what this is?

:hate-shocked: Thanks Liz i have just leapt out of my seat and straight into the greenhouse where i overwintered this as i did not have the room last year to plant it out, so i thought i would over winter it...
    :hate-shocked: Thanks Liz i have just leapt out of my seat and straight into the greenhouse where i overwintered this as i did not have the room last year to plant it out, so i thought i would over winter it in its pot till this year and plant it out. my thousand:love30: thanks for you to send me this.
    :hate-shocked: Thanks Liz i have just leapt out of my seat and straight into the greenhouse where i overwintered this as i did not have the room last year to plant it out, so i thought i would over winter it in its pot till this year and plant it out. my...
    :hate-shocked: Thanks Liz i have just leapt out of my seat and straight into the greenhouse where i overwintered this as i did not have the room last year to plant it out, so i thought i would over winter it...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice